WHY

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: WHY

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:56 pm

So those left from his original 1-2 year argument:

whalepants {l Wrote}:Cam Atkinson
Cory Bilodeau
Dumoulin
Pat Eaves
Farkas
Gerbe
S Gionta
J Hayes
Kolanos
Kreider
Motherwell
Muse
B orpik

:bored

Motherwell didn't leave to go pro but since this argument is already a disaster, I'll give him that small victory
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby The Knife of Asia on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:46 pm

dorneCampion effort...

Oppa Belcher-style :chewbanka :suicide
The Knife of Asia
McGuinn Hall

Postby whalepants on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:13 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:So those left from his original 1-2 year argument:

Cory Bilodeau
Dumoulin
Pat Eaves
Farkas
Gerbe
S Gionta
J Hayes
Kolanos
Kreider
Motherwell
Muse
B orpik

Motherwell didn't leave to go pro but since this argument is already a disaster, I'll give him that small victory

None of them graduated, did they? And how many did I miss? You're the big Hockey Krishna around here-- you tell us how many hockey players left before graduating. Why is a crappy graduation rate acceptable for one sport only?

Because they're white and they win.
whalepants
Carney Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:23 pm

whalepants {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:So those left from his original 1-2 year argument:

Cory Bilodeau
Dumoulin
Pat Eaves
Farkas
Gerbe
S Gionta
J Hayes
Kolanos
Kreider
Motherwell
Muse
B orpik

None of them graduated, did they? And how many did I miss? You're the big Hockey Krishna around here-- you tell us how many hockey players left before graduating. Why is a crappy graduation rate acceptable for one sport only?

Because they're white and they win.

Sigh...if i was arguing with someone who was serious about this.... Muse and Gionta most definitely graduated as they had enough credits by the time they left. And most of the others only had 1 or 2 other courses left to take (Kreider a perfect example). Summer school's a bitch aint it?
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby wolverineneshl on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:53 pm

How often in a sport where you get a rare chance to make it?

If you don't make it, you can always come back and finish to get your degree once you get your money if you don't blow it stupidly. Kreider is a good example as he is close to getting his degree if not already.

Who wouldn't jump at this opportunity for security in life?

Whalepants can talk into the wind all he wants, just don't buy his arguments in the reality of 2012.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby whalepants on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:34 pm

wolverineneshl {l Wrote}:How often in a sport where you get a rare chance to make it?

If you don't make it, you can always come back and finish to get your degree once you get your money if you don't blow it stupidly. Kreider is a good example as he is close to getting his degree if not already.

Whalepants can talk into the wind all he wants, just don't buy his arguments in the reality of 2012.

I'm not arguing whether some kid from Flin Flon should have a big payday-- my point is that "the reality of 2012" in college hockey means that a school like BC should no longer be involved in it. But its OK, because they're white and they win, right?
whalepants
Carney Hall

Postby wolverineneshl on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:00 pm

How is it any different than when Basketball had many black players under Skinner. Players still left early if they had a chance to go pro for the money and the grad rate is probably no better or worse than hockey?

Football is big money and it brings in money for many schools. Unfortunately, BC sucks right now and had a terrible coach and AD that brought the program down like a house of cards.

BC football usually has a high grad rate compared to other schools like Miami or maybe even Bama.

York at least has standards for his players unlike the school down the street rocked with academic problems, ( like Chris Bourque and Charlie Coyle) and off ice problems like sexual assault or battery.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:05 pm

whalepants {l Wrote}:
wolverineneshl {l Wrote}:How often in a sport where you get a rare chance to make it?

I'm not arguing whether some kid from Flin Flon should have a big payday-- my point is that "the reality of 2012" in college hockey means that a school like BC should no longer be involved in it. But its OK, because they're white and they win, right?

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby whalepants on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:08 pm

If BC bb was winning NCs and the kids were leaving early to go prro there would be wringing of hands about the morality of BC basketball. You know there would be. But hockey skates through because they're white. Its just true.
whalepants
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:41 pm

whalepants {l Wrote}:If BC bb was winning NCs and the kids were leaving early to go prro there would be wringing of hands about the morality of BC basketball. You know there would be. But hockey skates through because they're white. Its just true.

Man it's sad when you know the poster doesn't even believe what he's writing.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:19 am

It makes the gimic so boring. BTW, Atkinson will have his degree this summer.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:14 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:It makes the gimic so boring. BTW, Atkinson will have his degree this summer.

as will kreider
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:00 pm

Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle05 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:36 pm

whalepants {l Wrote}:Why is our University sponsoring a developmental league for the NHL? I watched the BU game last night and all I heard was that this one is a NY Islanders property and this one was a 1st round draft pick of the Broons, and we can't believe that Milner is undrafted. It also really bothers me that this team has a dreadful graduation rate, despite what York says about "a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." Of course, everyone looks the other way because they win... a lot. They also cut the team slack because everyone is white, many come from prep schools, and most have either Irish or WASPy sounding names. If the basketball team had a dozen African American kids and 4 of them were 1 or 2 years and done there would be outcry in the press and across the University. But even the Globe and the Herald celebrate York as though he's some kind of paragon of virtue. I say he's just a poorly paid version of a Krzzyyzzski or that Italian guy who coached the Celtics a few years ago-- forget his name, but he;s back coaching in college now.

And what's with kids from Quebec and British Columbia playing for BC? Not supposed to happen. I never forgave Snooks for going to International Falls to recruit Tim Sheehy. Aren't there enough kids in Charlestown?

Hockey is the most corrupt and rotten sport on campus. But they're white and they win, and the coach sounds like Rick Warren, so its all good.

Dead serious, I thought this thread was an Observer College-esque joke. Are you f***ing kidding me? Isn't the point of spending any time at any college in any field to try and improve your chances of success in a given career? What is the difference between someone leaving Harvard or Stanford early if they're ready to start a business, vs. kids leaving BC for the pros when they have multi-year, multi-million dollar careers waiting for them? They're not dropping out for Christ sake, they're going pro in their chosen field. The fact that they get a few years of guidance from a guy who stresses the kind of values anyone would want their son/daughter/employee to have is a friggin bonus.
BCEagle05
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:56 pm

BCEagle05 {l Wrote}:Dead serious, I thought this thread was an Observer College-esque joke.

this is where i stopped reading
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Salzano14 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:42 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:It makes the gimic so boring. BTW, Atkinson will have his degree this summer.

as will kreider

I know for a fact Gerbe was back on campus after the pro season ended finishing up his degree the year he left.

I feel like a dumbass for taking this bait but fuck it, I can handle being the trolled for once.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby whalepants on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:41 pm

BCEagle05 {l Wrote}:
whalepants {l Wrote}:Why is our University sponsoring a developmental league for the NHL? I watched the BU game last night and all I heard was that this one is a NY Islanders property and this one was a 1st round draft pick of the Broons, and we can't believe that Milner is undrafted. It also really bothers me that this team has a dreadful graduation rate, despite what York says about "a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." Of course, everyone looks the other way because they win... a lot. They also cut the team slack because everyone is white, many come from prep schools, and most have either Irish or WASPy sounding names. If the basketball team had a dozen African American kids and 4 of them were 1 or 2 years and done there would be outcry in the press and across the University. But even the Globe and the Herald celebrate York as though he's some kind of paragon of virtue. I say he's just a poorly paid version of a Krzzyyzzski or that Italian guy who coached the Celtics a few years ago-- forget his name, but he;s back coaching in college now.

And what's with kids from Quebec and British Columbia playing for BC? Not supposed to happen. I never forgave Snooks for going to International Falls to recruit Tim Sheehy. Aren't there enough kids in Charlestown?

Hockey is the most corrupt and rotten sport on campus. But they're white and they win, and the coach sounds like Rick Warren, so its all good.

Dead serious, I thought this thread was an Observer College-esque joke. Are you f***ing kidding me? Isn't the point of spending any time at any college in any field to try and improve your chances of success in a given career? What is the difference between someone leaving Harvard or Stanford early if they're ready to start a business, vs. kids leaving BC for the pros when they have multi-year, multi-million dollar careers waiting for them? They're not dropping out for Christ sake, they're going pro in their chosen field. The fact that they get a few years of guidance from a guy who stresses the kind of values anyone would want their son/daughter/employee to have is a friggin bonus.

Sing along: "Hockey krishna, hockey krishna, krishna krishna, hockey hockey... Hockey krishna, hockey krishna, krishna krishna, hockey hockey..."
whalepants
Carney Hall

Previous

Return to Kelley Rink