Coaching Candidates

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Candidates

Postby westcoastbernie on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:20 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:Heard Bates had a long conversation today with a caller from a California area code. Yes, as part of the coaching search. Person who told me knows who it was but wouldn't say anything more than that. :shrug

Monte KIffin?? He is available. We need a defensive genius. :suicide

Or is it Romo?? We need a pharmacist. :koolaid

Or is it Norv Turner. We need another 60+ failure running the show. Hey Norv has HC and OC experience.... :bag

Let's get serious fellas, this coach is coming from eithe rthe Northeast or the MAC/Midwest. Get a grip.
westcoastbernie
Carney Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:23 pm

Unlike Doeren and Hazell, Lembo has never recruited at the BCS level. He would be a huge risk.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:00 am

It could have just been someone in California that day. Aero planes have revolutionized modern travel.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby h2o on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:30 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:Heard Bates had a long conversation today with a caller from a California area code. Yes, as part of the coaching search. Person who told me knows who it was but wouldn't say anything more than that. :shrug

Mike MacIntyre?
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:19 am

mloyko54 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
mloyko54 {l Wrote}:Update from TOS... Bill O'Brien "seriously considered" the BC job but is staying at BC.
- This truly is a national search with many people consulted on possible hires
- Interviews will start this weekend, with one of the coordinators that has been talked about interviewing first
- Pete Lembo has emerged as a serious candidate.

Pete Lembo would be a positively awful hire.

Agreed I want nothing to do with him. He would be the most uninspiring hire possible.

Agreed he looks like a schlub. I want a motivator not my father-in-law.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:36 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
mloyko54 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
mloyko54 {l Wrote}:Update from TOS... Bill O'Brien "seriously considered" the BC job but is staying at BC.
- Interviews will start this weekend, with one of the coordinators that has been talked about interviewing first

Agreed I want nothing to do with him. He would be the most uninspiring hire possible.

Agreed he looks like a schlub. I want a motivator not my father-in-law.

Works all right for Chris Snee.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:03 am

mloyko54 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I'm not a big fan of Lembo and didn't even have him on my list of favorites. But, he is considered a brilliant football coach. How would that translate at BC, I don't have a clue. I'd be afraid that he'd be a Coach Don... great Xs and Os, but can't get the Jimmys and Joes to be successful at this level. I view him like I do Wilder, but Wilder seems to at least be a good snake oil salesman. Nonetheless, there is nothing wrong with BB exploring a coaching genius and making the determination whether he can recruit.

* It should be noted that Rivals ranks BSU, KSU and NIU are 1st, 7th and 10th respectively in the MAC recruiting rankings (all with similar amount of recruits committed).
Last edited by HJS on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:09 am

Bates thinking way outside the box.

I like it.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:16 am

It will certainly help with 74's goldilocks/dreadlocks dilemma. Plus, now that he's a Rasta, we can move our wall from the ISL to Jamaica.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:25 am

We certainly wouldn't have to worry about players getting kicked off because of non-disclosed "team violations"'.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby basselope on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:11 am

HJS {l Wrote}:We certainly wouldn't have to worry about players getting kicked off because of non-disclosed "team violations"'.

It seems to work for Oregon & Georgia & OSU & Bama & LSU etc etc.
Maybe he could convince Honey Badger into transferring to BC.
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby whalepants on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:15 am

The two names I'm still hearing every day are Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee.
whalepants
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:41 am

Jones to Purdue

Nevermind unconfirmed
Last edited by eagle9903 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:55 am

whalepants {l Wrote}:The two names I'm still hearing every day are Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee.

"What the fuck happened to you, man? Shit, your ass used to be beautiful!"
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby maxwell22 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:35 am

new name: Mike Bajakian
maxwell22
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:58 am

maxwell22 {l Wrote}:new name: Mike Bajakian

Fuck no! We lose out to Purdue for Jones, so instead, we're going to settle for the OC off his 4th place NBE team????
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:38 pm

Jones shouldn't even be considered for the BC job. Lack of recruiting and virtually no experience at any decent fb school.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:16 pm

http://campuscommuter.blogs.goupstate.c ... n-college/
Ugh... why is it the more names that get mentioned in the press associated with this search, the less impressive they are. Wonder if being left outside the 64 has anything to do with it?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Even if it doesn't, fact is any Big 4 team can easily outbid us.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:37 pm

Yeah, that site seems legit :violin

Plus he's not a new name, merrymen and the Blaudschun types were mentioning his name a while ago. I'll be thrilled with any of Golden, Diaco, or Roman and would be happy with MacIntyre, Doeren, or Hazell (as long as he doesn't keep Bollman around). I think there's a good chance we end up with one of those six.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:20 pm

Walsh601 {l Wrote}:Even if it doesn't, fact is any Big 4 team can easily outbid us.

This is not really true.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby 31southst on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:30 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:

Mike MacIntyre?

I'd hope Greg Roman.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby BCWest on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:33 pm

westcoastbernie {l Wrote}:

Monte KIffin?? He is available. We need a defensive genius. :suicide

Or is it Romo?? We need a pharmacist. :koolaid

Or is it Norv Turner. We need another 60+ failure running the show. Hey Norv has HC and OC experience.... :bag

Let's get serious fellas, this coach is coming from eithe rthe Northeast or the MAC/Midwest. Get a grip.

I don't agree. I absolutely think Roman and MacIntrye are on the serious consideration list. Will they make the short list? I don't know.
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCWest on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:35 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:http://campuscommuter.blogs.goupstate.com/17048/new-hampshires-head-coach-candidate-for-boston-college/
Ugh... why is it the more names that get mentioned in the press associated with this search, the less impressive they are. Wonder if being left outside the 64 has anything to do with it?

First, there is no magical "64". Whatever number it ends at is the number this conference alignment ends at. As for wether or not BC is out of it, I think you are way ahead of yourself on this one. THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THERE IS NOT A TON OF STUFF THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. Just that it is far from anywhere near true the BC will be left out of whatever number of teams end up in whatever number of super conferences there ends up being.
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Postby mloyko54 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:20 pm

FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop
Am being told that Dave Doeren has accepted the head job at NC State http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Looks like the first domino has fallen. Should be interesting to see what goes on from here.
mloyko54
n00b

Postby 31southst on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:35 pm

Doeren was a very solid candidate but I really like that we seem well positioned for either Roman or Diaco (in that order). I liked Doeren but I'd rather go with one of those two.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:38 pm

This is going to put pressure on Bates to speed the process up a bit and interview Hazell, who will be next on the list for everyone seeking a MAC coach.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby mloyko54 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:42 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:Doeren was a very solid candidate but I really like that we seem well positioned for either Roman or Diaco (in that order). I liked Doeren but I'd rather go with one of those two.

I like Doeren too, but I would rather other candidates as well. Golden is obviously the ultimate prize and I like Roman, Diace and I really like Kromer as well. If I had my choice between Hazell and Doeren, I think I would have gone with Hazell, because I think he will be the better recruiter and I liked some of the things he has instilled at Kent State.
mloyko54
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:15 pm

mloyko54 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:Doeren was a very solid candidate but I really like that we seem well positioned for either Roman or Diaco (in that order). I liked Doeren but I'd rather go with one of those two.

I like Doeren too, but I would rather other candidates as well. Golden is obviously the ultimate prize and I like Roman, Diace and I really like Kromer as well. If I had my choice between Hazell and Doeren, I think I would have gone with Hazell, because I think he will be the better recruiter and I liked some of the things he has instilled at Kent State.

I like Hazell a lot. Good recruiter.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:21 pm

It was :81 wasn't it?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy