Coaching Candidates

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Candidates

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:14 pm

BCWest {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Hoff at TOS said interviews should start today and go through the weekend.

They do start today, but could go well through the weekend.

There was at least one, prior to today.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby fs33 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:24 pm

I know as little about any candidate as others, besides those who provide CONTENT.

That said Roman seems like a great candidate because he brings an offense that fits to BC's traditional strengths. He by all respects is a high energy guy and has a relentless work ethic. Although all coaches work hard (besides :spaz3 ) Roman's energy strikes me as the type that will get players excited to play and will translate to success on the recruiting trail. I also think his northeast roots and personal background is a story that will resonate with BC recruits. His time at Stanford gives him perspective on what it takes to succeed at a school with academic standards and his time under Harbaugh gives him perspective on what it takes to rebuild a program.
fs33
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:29 pm

fs33 {l Wrote}:I know as little about any candidate as others, besides those who provide CONTENT.

That said Roman seems like a great candidate because he brings an offense that fits to BC's traditional strengths. He by all respects is a high energy guy and has a relentless work ethic. Although all coaches work hard (besides :spaz3 ) Roman's energy strikes me as the type that will get players excited to play and will translate to success on the recruiting trail. I also think his northeast roots and personal background is a story that will resonate with BC recruits. His time at Stanford gives him perspective on what it takes to succeed at a school with academic standards and his time under Harbaugh gives him perspective on what it takes to rebuild a program.

I think Roman's background as a OL coach as well is something that this program needs after employing that LOSER devine for all this time.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby bluefishskip on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:40 pm

At the end of page 57, someone was comparing proven HC's to OC/DC's, and ended that comparison with Spaz. Well, Spaz was never a promising HC candidate as a HC. His first HC job was at age 61? With that said, just about every candidate has promise as well as risk. If this program had 22 returning starters and was looking for a HC, then sure, go after a proven HC that will get you over the hump. With where BC is, this is the time to take a risk. And to me, Kingsbury is that guy.

12th Man Magazine

When he first heard his longtime buddy had decided to enter the coaching profession in 2008, former Texas A&M linebacker Brian Gamble said that he had a intuition that former Texas Tech quarterback Kliff Kingsbury would rise rapidly through the coaching ranks.

“We’ve known each other for a while, and I’ve always known he has all the attributes of a big-time competitor,” says Gamble, the defensive coordinator at the University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio. “So, when I heard he got into coaching at (the University of Houston), I thought to myself, ‘He’ll be a helluva coach.’ But I’d be lying if I told you I thought he would rise through the ranks this quickly.

“There’s a joke in the coaching business that Kliff got the biggest promotion in college football history. He went from (the entry-level position of offensive) quality control assistant to offensive coordinator in two years. Who does that? Obviously, he proved a lot to Coach (Kevin) Sumlin in a very short time. Now, look at him. He’s the OC of an SEC school. At 32. I’m super excited for him, and I’m excited for my alma mater. There’s no doubt in my mind that A&M got a big-time winner and a mover and shaker in Kliff.”

It would certainly appear so, and Gamble definitely isn’t alone in that assessment. Last year, FootballScoop.com named the then 31-year-old Kingsbury as the Offensive Coordinator of the Year. Not just in Conference USA, either. The website chose Kingsbury as the national OC of the Year for his work with Houston’s record-setting offense and the Cougars’ record-setting quarterback, Case Keenum.

Keenum finished the 2011 season with 5,631 yards passing, 48 touchdowns and just five interceptions. He also finished his career with NCAA records for most completions (1,546), touchdowns (155), total offensive yards (20,114) and total scores (178).

Keenum had already produced a solid freshman season at UH before Kingsbury began working with him. But the two signal-callers instantly formed a strong bond, and Keenum credits Kingsbury for much of his development as a player.

kingsbury2“I can’t say enough about (Kingsbury’s) game plans and what Kliff meant to me,” Keenum said in the Houston Chronicle. “He’s a huge part of why I’m where I am today. I’m very appreciative of everything he’s done for me… He’s a guy who has gone through a lot of the same things I have, so I definitely leaned on him. He’s a guy who has not only seen it and coached it, but been in it, and (that was) huge for me.”

Current Texas A&M Director of Sports Performance Larry Jackson, who worked with Kingsbury at UH under Sumlin, says Kingsbury possesses the perfect combination of know-how and a no-fear mentality. “He’s cocky in a really good way,” said Jackson, a defensive standout at A&M from 1991-94. “He always has a plan, and he is extremely confident in his ability to execute that plan.”

Added A&M associate athletic director for football Justin Moore, who also worked with Kingsbury at UH: “Kliff is an extremely hard worker, and he is extremely competitive in everything. You could see that as a player, and it’s the same as a coach. He is also very relatable. He is not that far removed from being a player, and he’s played the quarterback position at a very high level, which is a different position from any other on the field. And he is always going to find some way to give his quarterback and his offense an edge. He’s not set in his ways. He adapts to the situation at hand and creates schemes and plays that will allow his offense to be successful.”

In other words, Aggie fans who are worried that Kingsbury’s style of offense will not work in the SEC should relax. Take a deep breath and understand that just because the UH attempted 69 passes against Penn State in the TicketCity Bowl, doesn’t mean that the Aggies will do the same against Florida. Or LSU. Or Alabama.kingsbury3

And just because Kingsbury played in pass-first, sling-it-around offense at Texas Tech doesn’t mean that A&M will abandon the running game or no longer strive for offensive balance.

Kingsbury understands why some people who may have watched him at Tech or followed UH from afar could draw that conclusion. But he makes it clear that he is not tied to a particular offensive style. Nor is he necessarily intent on A&M becoming the most prolific passing offense in the SEC.

Kingsbury vows only to be creative and astute in his play-calling. If an opposing defense is more vulnerable in one area than another, Kingsbury will do whatever it takes to attack that weak spot. The emphasis is on whatever.

“My philosophy is to take what the defense gives you,” said the laid-back and self-assured Kingsbury. “If we need to run it 80 times a game to score points, we’ll do that. If we need to throw it 80 times, we’ll do that. If the opponent is out-manning us in one area, we will attack a different area. It’s all about creating advantages and using our strengths—whatever they may be—to attack an opponent’s weaknesses.

“In the Penn State game, we had to exploit them in areas where they were weak. They were really big and good up front, so we had to use our speed to beat them. We knew we could not stand toe-to-toe with them and out-power them. A great offense is about getting the best players possible and putting them in position to succeed. That’s what we did at Houston, and that’s what we are going to do here. We are going to have a great offensive line here, so we are going to do whatever we can do best to utilize that strength.”

Emphasis on whatever.

COACHING IN THE GENES

Growing up in New Braunfels, Kingsbury began discussing X’s and O’s before he ever mastered his ABC’s. His father, Tim, was a high school coach at New Braunfels—first as a longtime assistant and then as the head coach—and Kliff began to mimic his father, who was known throughout the community as the first coach to arrive at the practice field and the last to leave it.

The younger Kingsbury was a talented athlete, who was ranked No. 2 nationally in the AAU’s pentathlon competition when he was just 10. He also worked relentlessly. On Saturday nights in middle school and high school, when many teammates and friends were on dates or partying, Kingsbury went to the practice field to hone his accuracy by throwing hundreds of passes into a net.

kingsbury4Beyond his physical talents, Kingsbury also had an insatiable desire to understand the game at its deepest level. He devoured game films with his father and quizzed Tim constantly about the finer points of the game. By 1996, Kliff was Tim’s starting quarterback, but it was not a stellar debut season for the junior QB, who guided the Unicorns to a 4-6 finish, completing 86-of-168 passes for the season.

The outlook for 1997 wasn’t much better, as New Braunfels made the transition from Class 4A to 5A and joined the same district as traditional power Converse Judson. Realizing he needed to do something much different, Tim Kingsbury attended coaching clinics during the offseason that featured Kentucky head coach Hal Mumme, whose wide-open offense eventually made QB Tim Couch the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft. Kingsbury implemented Mumme’s drills, plays and formations at New Braunfels, and his son did a very nice impersonation of Couch.

Kliff finished the ’97 season with 3,009 passing yards and 34 TDs, completing 216-of-341 passes. Most important, he led the team to a 13-2 record and a berth in the state semifinals with six come-from-behind victories. Despite the senior-year heroics, not many colleges took a serious interest in the 6-foot-4, rail-thin Kingsbury.

Kingsbury wanted to go to Texas A&M, where his older brother, Klint, was already a student. But the Aggies had Vance Smith committed to them, and Texas was not an option because Adam Dunn was committed to the Longhorns. Mississippi State, coached then by Jackie Sherrill, showed mild interest before backing away, and Texas Tech finally provided an offer late in the recruiting process.

Kingsbury wasn’t exactly overjoyed by the prospect of playing in Spike Dykes’ run-oriented offense, but it beat playing at the Division I-AA ranks. So, Kingsbury went to Lubbock, redshirted in ’98 and started one game in ’99—the last game of the season and the final game in Dykes’ career. In that game, Kingsbury completed 9-of-17 passes for 259 yards and three touchdowns in a 38-28 upset win over Oklahoma.

Three weeks later, Tech hired OU offensive coordinator Mike Leach, who had worked under Mumme at Kentucky, Valdosta (Ga.) State and Iowa Wesleyan.kingsbury5

“My brother went to A&M, so that would have been a nice fit,” said Kingsbury, who graduated early from Tech with a 3.86 GPA in business management. “But that didn’t work out. I wasn’t very big and didn’t have the strongest arm. But I believed I could play at that level and be really successful. I ended up in Lubbock, and that definitely worked out. Coach Leach coming in there was a good fit for me, and I had a blast playing in his offense. He changed the culture of the Tech program, and it worked out really well for me personally.”

Indeed, it did. Kingsbury played 43 games and passed for 12,429 yards and 95 scores in his career at Tech. He left Lubbock with 39 school, 13 Big 12 and seven NCAA records.

“When I recruited Josh Heupel (at OU), one thing I really liked about him was that Josh’s dad was a coach,” Leach said. “And when I came to Tech and got the opportunity to coach Kliff, it was the same thing, with his dad being a high school head coach. Both Josh and Kliff have great minds for the game. I think a lot of that is a result of being around it all of their lives and watching their fathers coach.”

Unlike Heupel—the current co-offensive coordinator at Oklahoma—Kingsbury says he didn’t ever envision following in his father’s coaching footsteps. Kingsbury figured he would play professionally as long as he could and then enter the business world. But fate intervened in Houston.

Kingsbury was selected by the Patriots in the sixth round of the 2003 NFL Draft. He spent one year with New England on the injured reserve list, earning a Super Bowl ring, and he spent the next year on the New Orleans Saints’ practice squad. In 2005, he signed first with the Broncos and then with the Jets. He played in one game with the Jets—ironically against the Broncos—and then was assigned by the Jets to the Cologne Centurions of NFL Europe. He enjoyed a great season in Cologne and then spent 2007 with Winnipeg of the CFL.

He still had a strong desire to play after all of those travels, so he signed with Houston-based, John Jenkins-coached Team Texas of the All American Football League in ’08. The league was scheduled to debut in the spring of 2008, but it never kicked off.

Kingsbury was training on the UH campus in preparation for the season, and when it became obvious that the league had bombed before it ever began, Kingsbury answered the call from one of his former coaches. Dana Holgorsen was an assistant at Tech from 2000-07, before moving to Houston as offensive coordinator in ’08.

Holgorsen, now the head coach at West Virginia, asked Kingsbury if he’d be interested in working with the UH quarterbacks. With no other leads, Kingsbury decided to give it a shot.

“I never planned on coaching, but it just took off from there,” said Kingsbury, who still ranks in the top 15 in most passing yards in college football history. “I enjoyed being around (Holgorsen), and I enjoyed working with the kids. I signed on with Coach Sumlin to be the quality control guy. I did that for two years, and when Dana left (for Oklahoma State), I took over his job. I discovered pretty quickly that all those professional experiences prepared me for coaching in ways I could have never imagined. In New England, I watched Bill Belichick and his preparation, along with the work that Tom Brady put in each week. I also witnessed the preparation of coaches like (current Kansas University head coach) Charlie Weis, (current Kansas City Chiefs head coach) Romeo Crennel (former New York Jets and Cleveland Browns head coach) Eric Mangini, who were all part of that Patriots staff.

“That staff left no stone unturned. I didn’t play much in the NFL, but I tell people I earned my PhD in coaching football from bouncing around. I learned nine different offenses; I got to see different coaching styles; and I picked up so many different plays and techniques. It was a tremendous experience.”

Kingsbury says he’s taken a little from all of those coaches, as well as Mike Leach, Art Briles, Holgorsen, former Saints offensive coordinator and current Packers head coach Mike McCarthy and former Jets head coach Herman Edwards, in developing his own coaching style. And he most definitely possesses his own style.

Kingsbury is ultra cool. On most days, he shows up to work in jeans and a T-shirt, and there is not a pretentious bone in his body. He’s still lean, and he still looks more like a player than a coach. At least for the time being—and maybe until a few gray hairs show up years from now—Kingsbury plans on using his youth and his connection to the current players to his advantage.

“Being not too far removed from the game, I still talk to the players, especially the quarterbacks, about certain situations I was in, and it rings true to them,” Kingsbury said. “That may give me a little credibility with the guys. I spent some long nights studying playbooks, and I just try to pass along my knowledge to the quarterbacks and the offense as a whole. Anything I struggled with as a player I try to make easier for the guys I am coaching. My goal is to allow guys to play fast and allow their talents to shine. You can’t do that if things seem complicated. That’s what’s gotten me where I am so far. I do feel like this is my calling, and I love to watch these kids have success.

“Being around these kids at A&M, I already feel like I am a part of (Aggieland) all the way. It’s a great group, and we have tremendous talent. Hopefully, we can find a way to close out games. I know they have a bad taste in their mouths from last year, and they have something to prove. I have something to prove, too. I am still single and not dating anyone in particular. My focus has been entirely on football here. I told the team the first day, ‘I’m 32 and single. I didn’t come to College Station for the nightlife, so let’s win games.’ I came here to coach these guys and to do whatever it takes to win football games.”

Emphasis on whatever.
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:45 pm

BCWest {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I'm happy about that if it holds. Colorado, however, is still a risk to take Roman. I believe they were also considering DeRuyter. I have a feeling that BC will be the last of current vacancies to make their hire. I just hope that we are able to hire someone before then next wave of coaching searches start up (San Jose will have to replace DeRuyter and so will any head coach that gets plucked by NCS, Colo, Tenn, Ark and Auburn).

Fresno State isn't competition for us, nor is SJSU/NIU/Kent State/any other mid-major school whose coach might get hired by another BCS program before we fill our vacancy. If Golden goes to Tennessee then Miami would potentially be in the market for the same type of guys as us (same deal if someone can get Franklin from Vandy), but otherwise this isn't a worry.

Cincy will be competing with us. Louisville too (if Auburn or NCS or Tenn grab Strong). A trickle-down always results when these big programs poach another head coach.

BC will not be competing with Cincy. CIncy's future as a member of the little 5 as opposed to the BIg 5 is going to make it hard for them.

The way its looking, it seems like weeks/months... not years... before Cincy and BC are in the same conference. Whether you call it the Big 5 or Little 5, what it isn't is the Big 4.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bluefishskip on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:47 pm

The guy that runs Cincinnati's Rivals site is saying that BC is interested in Butch Jones.
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:48 pm

I'm not exactly brimming with confidence about the ACC's continued existence, but some parts of the "superconference" phenomenon make no sense.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:48 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'd just like to note that it is really annoying to click on the "first new thread" orange box and have it deliver me 4 pages back from the most recent post.

how long has that shit been going on and how do we fix it? sounds like the golden showers have been blowing off their responsibilities to count all their google money again.

oh the ironing

p.s. shocker said that the website needs a backend update... i'm sure a couple of ali-asses here could provide that
p.p.s. i wish there was a button that applied the T.M.S. typestyle to posts easily e.g. [tms]SPEED![tms] would become SPEED!
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:50 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCWest {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Hoff at TOS said interviews should start today and go through the weekend.

Do you mind sharing who that was?
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby bluefishskip on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:51 pm

Superconferences are next to impossible because the Pac 12 cannot expand to 16 UNLESS they take 4 from the Big 12, or take so-so schools like BYU/SD State/Boise. So that means either the Big 12 goes down completely (which is just as possible as the ACC going down....even with the GOR). Texas leaves the Big 12 for the ACC, and that conference is smoke.
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:56 pm

bluefishskip {l Wrote}:The guy that runs Cincinnati's Rivals site is saying that BC is interested in Butch Jones.

I would approve this hire, but I hope the rumors of a $2 million budget are true because he's already making $1.575/year in Cincinatti.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle216 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:57 pm

I think all of this shit will funnel into a football only superleague amongst the 40 (or pick any other number) biggest big ums, once they all realize that they need not share their football revenue with the Perdue's, Oregon States, and Texas Techs of the world. Their is no real reason why nag lacrosse needs to be in the same league structure as football. All of this league hopping has watered down the sanctity of the league structure, such that it means less now. Ohio State, Texas, Oklahoma, Bama, et al can play all networks against themselves and secure the monster of all tv contracts for their football super league. They can then form (or continue) whatever leagues make sense for non-revenues/hoops. I am not saying this will happen overnight, but 10 years from now, yeah.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:58 pm

bluefishskip {l Wrote}:Superconferences are next to impossible because the Pac 12 cannot expand to 16 UNLESS they take 4 from the Big 12, or take so-so schools like BYU/SD State/Boise. So that means either the Big 12 goes down completely (which is just as possible as the ACC going down....even with the GOR). Texas leaves the Big 12 for the ACC, and that conference is smoke.

The P12 could take ND, Pitt, Cuse and BC as a Western flank for the P12 Network. However, that probably only happens if BC gets a super-terrific coach like Kliff Kingsbury.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:59 pm

bluefishskip {l Wrote}:Superconferences are next to impossible because the Pac 12 cannot expand to 16 UNLESS they take 4 from the Big 12, or take so-so schools like BYU/SD State/Boise. So that means either the Big 12 goes down completely (which is just as possible as the ACC going down....even with the GOR). Texas leaves the Big 12 for the ACC, and that conference is smoke.

Big12 will fold before the ACC... if Texas decides to head to the Pac-12.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:59 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

The P12 could take ND, Pitt, Cuse and BC as a Western flank for the P12 Network. However, that probably only happens if BC gets a super-terrific coach like Kliff Kingsbury.

I mean, I guess we're west if you go far enough.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:03 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCWest {l Wrote}:

Brandon Brokaw.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:15 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCWest {l Wrote}:

Brandon Brokaw.

cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:00 pm

Brad Bates tweeted that he would keep his followers posted on the coaching search over the weekend and "maybe a hint or two along the way."
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby bluefishskip on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:00 pm

I dont know what your problem is HJS, but if you took a minute and actually read that article and many others on Kingsbury, maybe he would have made your list of 10000 candidates for the BC job. He's played or coached under many successful coaches. Been the offensive coordinator for 2 different programs that have been in the top 10 in December. He is young and would bring great energy to the program. He may use it as a stepping stone to get back south, but so what. This program needs more than a good coach. The new coach needs to renew the excitement to the program as well. He's a hot name in the coaching community. He was promoted to offensive coordinator within 2 years of being in coaching, which should say a lot about the type of coach and mind he is. He's been successful running an Air Raid attack at Houston, and the next year changing to more of a spread option attack at Texas A&M. Recruits want to play in a wide open offense, which he brings. I'm sure he's a long-shot anyways, but what harm would it be to see if he were interested and possibly get an interview? He may not even want the job. Who knows. But to crap on him? He's as much a risk/reward as 3/4 of those mentioned as candidates on this message board.
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:39 pm

Did you know that Houston hired from within to replace Sumlin... and it wasn't Kliff Kingsbury?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby apbc12 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Heard Bates had a long conversation today with a caller from a California area code. Yes, as part of the coaching search. Person who told me knows who it was but wouldn't say anything more than that. :shrug
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby mloyko54 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Update from TOS... Bill O'Brien "seriously considered" the BC job but is staying at BC.
- This truly is a national search with many people consulted on possible hires
- Interviews will start this weekend, with one of the coordinators that has been talked about interviewing first
- Pete Lembo has emerged as a serious candidate.
mloyko54
n00b

Postby mloyko54 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:21 pm

It should be noted that the "coordinators" mentioned on TOS are Roman, Narduzzi, Carmichael and Diaco. One is interviewing this weekend.
mloyko54
n00b

Postby bosa90 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:45 pm

mloyko54 {l Wrote}:It should be noted that the "coordinators" mentioned on TOS are Roman, Narduzzi, Carmichael and Diaco. One is interviewing this weekend.

Which one? Does it rhyme with "noman"?

By the way, aren't Roman, Narduzzi and Diaco Itralians? Sheesh.

:dildodog
bosa90
McGuinn Hall

Postby mloyko54 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:50 pm

Wouldn't say until after they interview. I would think it's either Diaco or Narduzzi, unless Roman is interviewing tomorrow and flying to StL with the 49ers later. No matter which one it is, just those names along make it a much better coaching search than anything GDF did.

It's also stressed how impressed people close to the situation are with the coaching search BB is running. Truly looking nationally for the best candidate. The time table at the latest is to have a coach by the end of finals.. december 18th. Unless it's Golden it won't be know for a week or two most likely.
mloyko54
n00b

Postby bluefishskip on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:18 pm

I am well aware that houston hired the special teams coach who had been at UH longer than KK, and a year later KK did pretty well with a redshirt frosh at QB in the top conference in cfb. Why didnt Roman get Stanford job? You could probably question a lot of these candidates.
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:54 pm

mloyko54 {l Wrote}:It should be noted that the "coordinators" mentioned on TOS are Roman, Narduzzi, Carmichael and Diaco. One is interviewing this weekend.

And Sullivan. I wouldn't think it's Roman or Sullivan as they each have games to prepare for (I personally would view a candidate who is willing to fly to Boston for an interview the day before his current team's game negatively). I'd expect any NFL guys to interview Monday or Tuesday of next week.....unless their team has a Thursday game, as the Saints did last night. My guess is PCJ, with Diaco also a strong possibility (good time for him to interview as it'll be the only couple days for the next month-plus that ND will be briefly out of the national spotlight).
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:32 pm

HJS - seems like Cal is interested in Troy Calhoun.

Sources tell me Cal names include Sonny Dykes, Tim DeRuyter, Troy Calhoun. Told people are pushing Sandy Barbour to interview Justin Wilcox.

https://twitter.com/coachingsearch/status/274700893843234816
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:58 pm

mloyko54 {l Wrote}:Update from TOS... Bill O'Brien "seriously considered" the BC job but is staying at BC.
- Interviews will start this weekend, with one of the coordinators that has been talked about interviewing first

Pete Lembo would be a positively awful hire.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby mloyko54 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:09 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
mloyko54 {l Wrote}:Update from TOS... Bill O'Brien "seriously considered" the BC job but is staying at BC.

Pete Lembo would be a positively awful hire.

Agreed I want nothing to do with him. He would be the most uninspiring hire possible.
mloyko54
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium