Coaching Candidates

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Coaching Candidates

Postby mloyko54 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:35 pm

Heres a new name. Todd Grantham.. I kind of like it.

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe
Todd Grantham, whose D is fifth in the SEC (2nd red zone D) at Georgia, could get a look from North Carolina State, Boston College
mloyko54
n00b

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:26 pm

mloyko54 {l Wrote}:Heres a new name. Todd Grantham.. I kind of like it.

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe
Todd Grantham, whose D is fifth in the SEC (2nd red zone D) at Georgia, could get a look from North Carolina State, Boston College

Grantham is not going to pass BC's character test. He got into a verbal fight/near fistfight with Franklin last year and did the choke sign to an opposing player during a game once. He's a bit of a nut. As much as I would love to see our Head Coach make a throat slash or "suck it" gesture, that is not going to fly when you claim you want someone who oozes integrity.

He's a perfect fit for NC State.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Bunratty on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:39 pm

Charmichael has already been in for an interview.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:43 pm

I will be disappointed if Bates doesn't interview a ton of people. But, once an interview happens, the clock starts ticking. Coaches get very anxious after they interview and don't immediately get an offer. This is likely because most schools do everything in days... not weeks. That perhaps is possible if you are using a firm and there are a series of prelim interviews before they ever see campus. I just hope that BB lets everyone he talks to know the extended time line... but, at the same time... he needs to realize that by this time next week he needs to have a clear idea of his top choices.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:02 pm

FWIW, the 49ers play at the Patriots on 12/16.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby bluefishskip on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:48 pm

regarding Carmichael and someone mentioning earlier this page that he was already interviewed.....

Katherine Terrell ‏@KTerrellTP
#Saints OC Pete Carmichael said he's heard nothing from BC about the job and hasn't even had time to think about it.
Retweeted by Dan Roche
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby Buttercup on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:14 pm

Twitter rumor says Tennessee will be visiting Al Golden tomorrow.
Buttercup
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:19 pm

bluefishskip {l Wrote}:regarding Carmichael and someone mentioning earlier this page that he was already interviewed.....

#Saints OC Pete Carmichael said he's heard nothing from BC about the job and hasn't even had time to think about it.
Retweeted by Dan Roche

methinks the OC doth protest too much
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:20 pm

Buttercup {l Wrote}:Twitter rumor says Tennessee will be visiting Al Golden tomorrow.

An Al Golden hire will not satisfy those whackos.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:22 pm

An authority no less than Luther Campbell:

https://twitter.com/unclelukereal1/stat ... 6064890881
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:28 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
bluefishskip {l Wrote}:regarding Carmichael and someone mentioning earlier this page that he was already interviewed.....

Retweeted by Dan Roche

methinks the OC doth protest too much

Doesn't Nawlins have a Thursday game??? No effing way he has time to interview before that. He would, however, have plenty of time to interview Friday or Saturday.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BearTerritory on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:07 pm

Names most talked about at Cal

Peterson-pipe dream, probably-but he is a Northern California guy and a product of the UC system so not totally off the rails and his father still lives here.
Hue Jackson, whose candidacy seems to be mostly supported by Hue Jackson
McIntyre of San Jose State
Ron Rivera-Cal guy
Roman, although the knock here-interestingly-is that he is too cerebral a la Tedford ver 1.0 without the fire in the belly-see Jackson, Hue. Vic Fangio of the 49ers and Stanford also has his supporters.
Gary Anderson, though he's never been out of Utah.
Charlie Strong, he was actually a finalist when we hired Tedford along with Marvin Lewis but I think geography and an SEC job will lure him
BearTerritory
Carney Hall

Postby Shaddix on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:31 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Narduzzi is pretty far down my list of choices.

Surprising, he's an outstanding recruiter and even though at one point Michigan State fans were calling for his head....they actually love him now for the most part
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:05 pm

BearTerritory {l Wrote}:Names most talked about at Cal

Peterson-pipe dream, probably-but he is a Northern California guy and a product of the UC system so not totally off the rails and his father still lives here.
Hue Jackson, whose candidacy seems to be mostly supported by Hue Jackson
McIntyre of San Jose State
Ron Rivera-Cal guy
Roman, although the knock here-interestingly-is that he is too cerebral a la Tedford ver 1.0 without the fire in the belly-see Jackson, Hue. Vic Fangio of the 49ers and Stanford also has his supporters.
Gary Anderson, though he's never been out of Utah.
Charlie Strong, he was actually a finalist when we hired Tedford along with Marvin Lewis but I think geography and an SEC job will lure him

I really like Roman for BC... so, I hope you guys look elsewhere. I think Rivera would be the ideal hire. Always liked him. McIntyre and DeRuyter also seem to be decent fits.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:11 pm

Mod34b {l Wrote}:

Meh.

I would have thought Kentucky could do better. But then again, the Stoop name is huge in Ohio (and Oklahoma, Texas etc) area, and hence should lead to more successful recruiting.

Maybe his brother Bob will pass the leftover recruits to his kid brother.

He's done a really good job with the FSU defense. they will miss him next year.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Bunratty on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Retweeted by Dan Roche

Got the Carmichael info from someone on campus who claims to have seen him there yesterday.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:16 pm

Bunratty {l Wrote}:

Retweeted by Dan Roche

Got the Carmichael info from someone on campus who claims to have seen him there yesterday.

fwiw, i doubt they're conducting interviews on campus for that exact reason.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby h2o on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:31 pm

Any news on Herm Edwards?
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby tailgater94 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:22 pm

If Carmichael weren't a BC grad he wouldn't be on the radar at all... I think he needs to accomplish something beyond riding Peyton / Brees' coattails to a ring before he merits consideration for a HC job.

In his latest MMQB article, Peter King listed 10 NFL coordinators that would get consideration for NFL HC jobs, and PC was not on that list. He isn't on anyone's list anywhere except his alma mater.
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Postby Shaddix on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:31 pm

Is Spagnuolo being considered, or has his name came up at all? I know he's from Grafton and has college experience
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:34 pm

tailgater94 {l Wrote}:If Carmichael weren't a BC grad he wouldn't be on the radar at all... I think he needs to accomplish something beyond riding Peyton / Brees' coattails to a ring before he merits consideration for a HC job.

In his latest MMQB article, Peter King listed 10 NFL coordinators that would get consideration for NFL HC jobs, and PC was not on that list. He isn't on anyone's list anywhere except his alma mater.

Roman isn't on that list either. And I, for one, think he's done plenty to warrant consideration for a college head coaching job.

Without looking, did King have the Raiders current head coach on his list? I'm guessing not (as a Raider fan, I can't even name him).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:35 pm

FWIW, the recruiting service 247 is saying that multiple recruits have been told 3 specific HC targets, one of them being Al Golden, obviously that could change is the rumors about Golden interviewing at Tennessee are true.

BCEagles247: I know we're about to tip for basketball, but have heard very interesting things RE: football coach tonight. #BCEagles (1/2)
BCEagles247: (2/2) Multiple recruits naming three specific targets as told to them by current assistants. Yes, one is Al Golden. #BCEagles
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:38 pm

We can't win a bidding war against Tenn, so I hope his wife prefers Boston.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:42 pm

Boston College ‏@BCEagles247
Another #BCEagles coaching target mentioned by name by two different recruits - PSU's Bill O'Brien.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:45 pm

Yeah, I hope we're not just blowing smoke up recruit's asses. Either that or blauds is wrong about the $2 mill budget because either of those is going to cost considerably more.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:47 pm

So who is the 3rd?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Boston College ‏@BCEagles247
The third #BCEagles coaching target mentioned by name by recruits - Jeff Jagodzinski.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:49 pm

I couldn't resist the third one. The other two are for reals what 247 tweeted. You may commence neg karma-ing.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby QuailMan on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:50 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Boston College ‏@BCEagles247
The third #BCEagles coaching target mentioned by name by recruits - Jeff Jagodzinski.

Is this the real life?
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:53 pm

No. Jags I made up. I didn't have the balls to wait an hour for half the board's head to explode. Half measures.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium