OTHER NCAA BB TEAM THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: OTHER NCAA BB TEAM THREAD

Postby wildcat81 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:16 am

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
wildcat81 {l Wrote}:Tar Heels has a easy game with Miss. State, McAdoo looks like his all-star uncle with the face up jumper.

Bob McAdoo isnt his uncle. Distant relative.

Thanks for the correct info.
wildcat81
Carney Hall

Postby wildcat81 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:20 am

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:UNC came back late but it wasn't enough. Butler by 11.

If Rotnei Clark played in Div. 3 he would score 200 points in a game. The kid has unlimited range.
wildcat81
Carney Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Kid scores 138 in a Div III game. Only a soph. Transfer?

http://www.mercurynews.com/college-spor ... ll-an-ncaa
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:51 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Kid scores 138 in a Div III game. Only a soph. Transfer?

This is not a legitimate record. He was the only one on his team that shot the ball in the 2nd half. His teammates deliberately fed it to him every possession for the sole purpose of seeing how high he could get his point total, and he got hot at the right time. That is not basketball, that is a stunt. And the fact that the opponent did not pick up on this and double or triple team this kid makes me think they were in on it or complicit in it. A disgrace to the game.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:01 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Kid scores 138 in a Div III game. Only a soph. Transfer?

This is not a legitimate record. He was the only one on his team that shot the ball in the 2nd half. His teammates deliberately fed it to him every possession for the sole purpose of seeing how high he could get his point total, and he got hot at the right time. That is not basketball, that is a stunt. And the fact that the opponent did not pick up on this and double or triple team this kid makes me think they were in on it or complicit in it. A disgrace to the game.

The kid made 18 3s. That alone is pretty impressive.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:17 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:

He actually made 27. 18 were in the second half. He was 27-71. So he shot 38% from behind the arc one night. A good night, but 17 of the top 20 in D1 in 3s made have higher percentages than that on the season. You think someone like Terrell Stoglin wouldn't have similar results taking 71 threes?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:50 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:

He actually made 27. 18 were in the second half. He was 27-71. So he shot 38% from behind the arc one night. A good night, but 17 of the top 20 in D1 in 3s made have higher percentages than that on the season. You think someone like Terrell Stoglin wouldn't have similar results taking 71 threes?

A kid on the other team scored 70.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:05 pm

Holy Cross only down 6 to St. John's.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:13 pm

Any of St. John's commits qualify this year?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby apbc12 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:06 am

It's partly a function of playing style. Grinnell presses 94 feet the whole game and tries to shoot in less than five seconds on offense. Also watched the highlights, and there were plenty of times the kid was doubled or tripled, and would work long enough to get room to get a shot up. They also doubled him with a guard and big man to make him shoot over the top. They absolutely kept feeding him, but that's apparently how they play every game - whoever has the hot hand takes as many shots as possible. It's crazy, but in the words of Kobe Bryant, "if you score 138 points, you kind of have a license to tell people to fuck off."
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:02 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:

It's partly a function of playing style. Grinnell presses 94 feet the whole game and tries to shoot in less than five seconds on offense. Also watched the highlights, and there were plenty of times the kid was doubled or tripled, and would work long enough to get room to get a shot up. They also doubled him with a guard and big man to make him shoot over the top. They absolutely kept feeding him, but that's apparently how they play every game - whoever has the hot hand takes as many shots as possible. It's crazy, but in the words of Kobe Bryant, "if you score 138 points, you kind of have a license to tell people to fuck off."

In the words of the Don, its a disgrace to the game. And the record was a joke, I watched the game for a bit. And Kobe Bryant is an idiot.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:03 am

And he wasn't the hot hand. If they had fed the hot hand, he wouldn't have had that many shots.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:37 pm

What the hell happened to Vandy? Lost 50-33 to Marist.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:10 pm

Baylor only up 1 on Charleston at home right now, early second half.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:34 pm

let's all thank God that Rod Odom and Kevin Noreen went elsewhere.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:59 pm

And Chalreston finishes the upset, 63-59 over Baylor. Guess Baylor is overrated and/or Charleston is underrated?
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:13 pm

Is VT going to actually play somebody soon? Sick of hearing how they are a surprise and undefeated when they've been beating the likes of 5 mid minors
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:44 pm

Bad games happen. Georgetown beats Tennessee 37-36.

:whammy
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:45 pm

Baylor beat UK at Rupp
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:45 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:Kentucky only beating Maryland by 3 at home. You see that Teddy? Your probably right though, Maryland won't be very good this year. Alex Len 23/10 Faust 11points.

I actually watched the game. UK isn't ready. Yet

Fair enough, just making sure you are keeping an eye on Maryland

I am. They are a slightly above .500 team in the conference, probably sneak in the tourney. Len is still terrible. Leyman is pretty good.

23 points, 12 rebounds against the number 3 team in the nation on the road isn't exactly terrible.

That's not the #3 team in the nation right now by any stretch of the imagination. Game 1, it is a High School all star team.

Kentucky played its first game unranked in the Calpari era the other day. 7-3 right now. Loads of talent, but like I said, they ain't a top 10 team to start the season.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:47 pm

Humphrey with the DNP-CD tonight. He's barely seeing the floor for WVU
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Clemson down 20 to the same Coastal Carolina team that lost to FIU.
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby Primetime on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:15 am

Virginia Tech getting BLOWN THE F OUT by Colorado State...77-39 with 5 min left.

Sucks we only play them once.
Primetime
Carney Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:57 am

Primetime {l Wrote}:Virginia Tech getting BLOWN THE F OUT by Colorado State...77-39 with 5 min left.

Sucks we only play them once.

Geez
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:16 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Fire Spaz {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Calipari at halftime on Duke to Andy Katz: They're flopping all over the place, if this was the NBA they'd all be suspended.

I hate both.

Truth bomb: Mike Krzyzewski is a way bigger dirt bag than John Calipari. Not saying Calipari has always been on the up and up, but anyone who prefers Krzyzewski is the reason for this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=363ZAmQEA84#t=47s[/youtube]

Edit: internet guide away. Not sure why the video won't work right.

says the Kentucky fan...

Keep it up and I will run you over in my Dodge Stratus.

Well, that escalated quickly.

You're not kidding. I wonder what he'd do if I threatened Ashley Judd.

Just catching up on my EO reading & the Ashley Judd comment made me laugh
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Harvard beat Cal...Same Cal team that played ranked UNLV and Creighton tough...doesn't excuse how crappy BC played vs. them but still....

Also, Bryant beat a pretty good Lehigh team tonight on the road...
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:57 pm

Havahd up 14 at half vs. St. Mary's. Beat Cal 2 nights ago.
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:03 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Fire Spaz {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Calipari at halftime on Duke to Andy Katz: They're flopping all over the place, if this was the NBA they'd all be suspended.

I hate both.

Truth bomb: Mike Krzyzewski is a way bigger dirt bag than John Calipari. Not saying Calipari has always been on the up and up, but anyone who prefers Krzyzewski is the reason for this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=363ZAmQEA84#t=47s[/youtube]

Edit: internet guide away. Not sure why the video won't work right.

says the Kentucky fan...

Keep it up and I will run you over in my Dodge Stratus.

Well, that escalated quickly.

You're not kidding. I wonder what he'd do if I threatened Ashley Judd.

Just catching up on my EO reading & the Ashley Judd comment made me laugh

Judd fell off the cliff went she hit 40. She was cute before the jowls.

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:59 pm

Jake Layman with 18 at the half.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:16 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Jake Layman with 18 at the half.

Teddy, remember when you basically called me an idiot for saying Maryland will be very good this year in this thread. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12025

Whoops!
Shaddix
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum