Has anyone emailed BB?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Has anyone emailed BB?

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi Mez! What's it like being a duel citizen of the SEC and Big 12?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:36 pm

Clemson related story...

My roommate at BC used to tell a story of how Rudy Harris absolutely steam-rolled him in a HS game.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby mezmrin on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:49 pm

still going through a little hazing. the SEC is hardcore...Auburn was willing to tank the whole season just to have a laugh out of screwing us out of any quality wins. The Big 12 is just as bad. We received a letter of stern warning not too long ago from them stating that we haven't been "raping enough bitches" (their words not mine) to conform to conference guidelines and could be fined up to and including all of our travel costs which as you can imagine is pretty steep. i guess that's what you should expect when you're the Joey McIntyre of the conference though. :pontif I miss the good ole days of the orourke mcfadden derby!
Last edited by mezmrin on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mezmrin
Clemson Ambassador

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:51 pm

That's pure crap!!! You'd think that what you went through in the Orange Bowl would've been enough for the B12.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby mezmrin on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:53 pm

nah, it only satisfied UWV's quota but not tClemson's
mezmrin
Clemson Ambassador

Postby Byrdcall J on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:29 pm

Back on topic, I find it hard to believe that a board certified orthopedic surgeon who has performed thousands of operations and is still in practice is unqualified to do her job based on anonymous message board hearsay. Pointing the finger at English is shortsighted as every injury presents a unique set of circumstances. I don't blame her completely for the Glasper situation a few years ago either.

That said, I can't say I'm surprised to see this lawyer haven crucifying a doctor.
Byrdcall J
Carney Hall

Postby mod6A on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:57 am

Byrdcall J {l Wrote}: I don't blame her completely for the Glasper situation a few years ago either.

that one is on tob and spaz.
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby Mod34b on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:14 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Wasn't Montel's original diagnosis a ~6 week recovery where it was debated whether or not he'd be ready for the bowl game? The come Spring ball 5 months later he isn't even ready

Did you see Montel's yards today?

Imagine how good he could have been with a competent surgeon and rehab? :flagus
Mod34b

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:37 pm

Mod34b {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Wasn't Montel's original diagnosis a ~6 week recovery where it was debated whether or not he'd be ready for the bowl game? The come Spring ball 5 months later he isn't even ready

With a competent surgeon he does it a year ago with BC.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:58 pm

Anyone remember a player named Mike Goodman?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:10 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Anyone remember a player named Mike Goodman?

No, but google does. Elalborate please sir.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Mod34b on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:20 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Mod34b {l Wrote}:

No, not really. Surgery is quite different than Rehab. Surgery (and surgeon) was obviously highly successful, despite the views of the Blog Doctors! Rehab also was successful, even if the Blog Doctors think it took too long.

Next!

Do You have another case to support the HJS blather?
Mod34b

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:11 am

Mod34b {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Mod34b {l Wrote}:

No, not really. Surgery is quite different than Rehab. Surgery (and surgeon) was obviously highly successful, despite the views of the Blog Doctors! Rehab also was successful, even if the Blog Doctors think it took too long.

Next!

Do You have another case to support the HJS blather?

Yes. I have followed BC for many years. Every single injured BC athlete that went to English. The smart ones, like Bobby Swigert, choose an actual doctor.

Sorry Dr. English but you fucking suck at your job.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:36 am

Mod34b {l Wrote}:

Yes he's only what 3 years removed from a 6 week procedure? Are you really that dumb or are you some stupid schtick?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Mod34b on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:34 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Mod34b {l Wrote}:

Yes he's only what 3 years removed from a 6 week procedure? Are you really that dumb or are you some stupid schtick?

Now, now. Claver. No need to be angry. Everyone heals at different rates. Just the way it works. Obviously,the EO myth that Harris's surgery was unsuccessful is wrong. Frankly, I am surprised that (presumed) BC grads are so un-analytical and so susceptible to "group think"
Mod34b

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:38 am

:dildodog
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:40 am

Mod34b {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Mod34b {l Wrote}:

Now, now. Claver. No need to be angry. Everyone heals at different rates. Just the way it works. Obviously,the EO myth that Harris's surgery was unsuccessful is wrong. Frankly, I am surprised that (presumed) BC grads are so un-analytical and so susceptible to "group think"

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, takes 3 years to heal (ellipsis)
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Mod34b on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:54 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Mod34b {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Mod34b {l Wrote}:

Seems that your mode of analysis has also lead others astray:

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck." - Senator Joseph McCarthy, in a 1952 speech, suggesting a method for identifying communists and communist sympathizers.
Mod34b

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Mod34b {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Mod34b {l Wrote}:

I don't know anything about Dr. English or whether a different surgeon would have aided in a faster recovery for Montel but I do know that the statement "Obviously,the EO myth that Harris's surgery was unsuccessful is wrong" is an overstatement because while it may be wrong it is not "obviously" wrong. Harris had his first surgery in November of 2010, I don't believe a timetable was given but he ended up missing the last two games of that season. He then had additional knee surgery in August of 2011(I believe it was the same knee), he was given a timetable of 3 to 4 weeks for recovery, played a little bit against UMass on 9/24/11, actually played in the Wake game but reaggravated the injury. He did not consistently play again until September 22, 2012 when Temple played Penn State, since then he has been a beast. There are a few things that look bad, like requiring a second surgery and the amount of time it took to recover after the second surgery (all told he played one whole game in 13 months after and initial 3-4 week prognosis. There are also mitigating factors like the reaggravation in the Wake game. While "everyone heals at different rates" it is also possible that the healing process can be aided or hindered by the competence of the person performing the surgery.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:30 pm

Mod34b {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Mod34b {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Mod34b {l Wrote}:

Seems that your mode of analysis has also lead others astray:

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck." - Senator Joseph McCarthy, in a 1952 speech, suggesting a method for identifying communists and communist sympathizers.

Nice work attributing an ages old proverb to Joe McCarthy. Stalin once said E=MC squared, too, it must be a misguided proposition.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:22 pm

Not to draw 34b back into a discussion but the surgery for Patch Alber had me thinking. The hockey team has had great success recovering from surgeries of late.

In 2009, John Muse was supposed to be out 6+ months with hip surgery. He was back on the ice for games in 5. http://www.uscho.com/2009/05/13/bcs-muse-undergoes-hip-surgery-updated/
In 2010, Kreider was supposed to miss 4-6 weeks with a broken jaw but returned in 3 weeks.

For the above, I have no idea on who did the surgery.

Patch underwent knee surgery and is supposed to be out 3 months but there's already talk of it only being 2.5 (obviously days out it is way too early to tell). But as per BCEagle's report Dr. Robert Nascimento did the surgery not Dr. English, it looks like he is on the butcher's team though.

Is it the case of small sample size or none of the hockey surgeries done by the butcher? Odd though that the two teams can have such drastically different experiences.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby h2o on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:36 pm

It's been asked many times here. With some of the greatest hospitals on the planet located in Boston, why does BC use St. Elizabeth's? I could maybe see the point when it was still affiliated with the Archdiocese of Boston. But Cardinal Sean dumped the Caritas Christi headache on Cerberus Capital. To continue using what is now a Steward hospital makes no sense at all when expert care is a stones throw away.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:08 am

What about the time they opened the wrong knee on Billy Flutie? Is that rehab's fault?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:17 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:What about the time they opened the wrong knee on Billy Flutie? Is that rehab's fault?

wasn't that his fake-field goal holder's knee? just imagine how much more often we could have used that play if not for the wrong knee gaffe
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium