Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Game Thread Eagles v. #16 Baylor TD Arena Charleston, SC

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:04 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:The box score on Yahoo doesn't count TOs. Did Heckmann have more TOs than points (4)?

He had at 5 that I saw.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:05 pm

When BCEagles25 joins in the bashing will he say "NotAGrownheckMann is no Grownmanderson"?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:07 pm

joemack13 {l Wrote}:One unnecessary shot to the nuts - with daniels we win

Without Heckmann we win. He played about 8 mins, had 5 or 6 turnovers, and every single turnover led to a transition basket on the other end, including 3 threes. Even discounting the effect on momentum, he was responsible for a -14 swing right there.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby vegasEagle on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Who was heckmann giving a breather to mostly, I didnt notice. Too busy watching him pass it to Heslip & Co.

From what I saw today, our rec-specked ivy league boy need more of those minutes. So we go big for a few minutes, cant be worse than with king minus on the court.

I really like the creation of "King Minus"... absolutely fantastic by DGF.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:11 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:Who was heckmann giving a breather to mostly, I didnt notice. Too busy watching him pass it to Heslip & Co.

From what I saw today, our rec-specked ivy league boy need more of those minutes. So we go big for a few minutes, cant be worse than with king minus on the court.

The last 2 minute disaster was Hanlan's breather.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEaglesFan on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:12 pm

This team played great considering this could've easily been a blowout
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:13 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:Who was heckmann giving a breather to mostly, I didnt notice. Too busy watching him pass it to Heslip & Co.

So you mean the time, in theory, a back up PG would play?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby joemack13 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:13 pm

Looking at the stat sheet Van Nest only got 14 minutes. That need to increase
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:14 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:This team played great considering this could've easily been a blowout

Bullshit. Minus KingMinus, BC outplayed them. There was never a chance that game was a blowout. Thanks to KingMinus I had sweat the cover though.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:14 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

You're just feeding the monster now.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bluefishskip on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:15 pm

Good effort overall from BC. Need to do a better job defending the high screen vs. good shooters like Pierre Jackson, who basically killed BC today. Interior defense got better throughout the game. Early on, Baylor was getting offensive boards, but BC did better throughout. Thought Hanlan did a fantastic job handling the ball for BC today, showing great poise and the ability to get to the basket quite often. Need to find a consistant #3 threat behind Anderson and Hanlan. Jackson started to heat up with a couple of 2nd half 3's. Rahon struggled from the field, and Clifford was non-existant (fighting knee woes). Van Nest was a surprise big contributor with 13 off the bench. Baylor was 12-26 from 3 (yikes, need to defend). BC only lost the rebounding battle by 4. 2 opponents shooting 21-50 from 3 against BC (42%). Need to do better.
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:16 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

You're just feeding the monster now.

:D
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:24 pm

As lame as it sounds, I'm upset it ended up being a double digit loss. This was a close game 90% of the way.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:28 pm

I would like to hear MOTO's take on the game
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:36 pm

Scott Drew is a dreadful coach, he has no clue out there. This Baylor team would very good with a decent coach.

Very impressed by BC. Heckmann just killed them. Donahue unfortunately really has no choice but to play him. What are the other options?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bluefishskip on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Donahue never change the defense on Pierre Jackson on the high screen and roll. Hanlan went under the screen every time and Jackson nailed wide open 3 time after time. Kill Heckmann all you want, but despite him, if they defended that play a few times, this could have been a game at the end.
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby joemack13 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:42 pm

Seems like he has to go big. Van Nest can certainly get more minutes. Is Caudill a bigger liability than heckmann?

Btw - with Daniels gone, am i wrong in thinking we have 5 scholarships to give between '13 and '14? 4 counting Owens?
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:44 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Scott Drew is a dreadful coach, he has no clue out there. This Baylor team would very good with a decent coach.

Very impressed by BC. Heckmann just killed them. Donahue unfortunately really has no choice but to play him. What are the other options?

Heck had a couple bad minutes, besides that he was fine IMO.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:48 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Scott Drew is a dreadful coach, he has no clue out there. This Baylor team would very good with a decent coach.

Not playing him.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:49 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:

Who? Heckmann? He only played a couple minutes and he had 5 turnovers leading to 2 layups and 3 threes. He was god awful. As always.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:50 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Not playing him.

Are we going to play 4 on 5? Certainly don't support Rubin playing.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:07 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Not playing him.

Hanlan, Rahon, Jackson, Anderson, Clifford, Van Nest, Odio - seven guys that should play over him. You can rotate the three guards and 4 forwards in such a manner as to leave Heckmann's ass on the bench, certainly with 6 minutes left in a 5 point game. That late substitution was utterly unnecessary.

Oh, and its the coach's fault he doesn't have another viable option at guard. Last I checked, one existed a few weeks ago, and was told he wouldn't play.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:08 pm

Furthermore, I support Rubin a thousand times over Heckmann. Rubin doesn't do much on the court except hit the rare three, but at least he doesn't turn it over for points the other way EVERY TIME HE TOUCHES THE BALL.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:12 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Not playing him.

Sneak Drago out there in Heckmann's jersey. I agreed we shouldn't have signed him, but he's light years better than Heckmann.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 31southst on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Hopefully Heckman will develop but if he doesn't, between Owens and the ND transfer he won't see the floor next year. Not much to do for this year other than ignore last year and hope this game is an outlier.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:22 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:

Who? Heckmann? He only played a couple minutes and he had 5 turnovers leading to 2 layups and 3 threes. He was god awful. As always.

4 TO's, not 5. Yes, he had some bad TO's, but when his shot goes down (like the FIU game) he's a much better player.
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Oh, and its the coach's fault he doesn't have another viable option at guard. Last I checked, one existed a few weeks ago, and was told he wouldn't play.

Hold on.

Did Donahue tell Daniels he wasn't going to start or wasn't going to play? Cause if it's the former I don't see how you blame Donahue.

I'll defer to the h00ps weird0s on what was said
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby SJeagle09 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:29 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Hold on.

Did Donahue tell Daniels he wasn't going to start or wasn't going to play? Cause if it's the former I don't see how you blame Donahue.

10 min/game "max"
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:32 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Hold on.

Fact is Jordan is a only a PG. O Hanlan at the 3

Heckmann played well first game and in the first half of the this game, I still think he's an okay option.
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:05 pm

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele