2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:09 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:looks likes we got a new recruit but can't remember the name from the twitter.

Obviously impressed by the -65 point differential the last 2 weeks...
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:22 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
Fire Spaz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:As far as I am concerned, anyone with the last name Flutie can get a scholarship. Even if they aren't Doug, I would take another Billy, who was a very solid player all around for the program.

I agree 100%. Anytime Billy would get into a TV game, they would always talk about Doug and show the highlight. And that always makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

What I was being a smart-ass about is does BC just make a call to the kid and say "you know we have a schollie for you, let us know" or does Doug make a visit to tell the coach "you have a schollie for him, right?"

I suspect that Doug probably stays out of that, but I also suspect any coach that isn't a complete moron would have no hesitation using a schollie on what appears to be a pretty good football player with the last name "Flutie".

On the same note, they should recruit any punter with a hit off of Dice-K and any grandson of the King of Africa.

We also need to tap back into the off-spring of Jumbo Elliot.

I get the Kiwi reference but who had a hit off of dice-k?

And i've seen this jumbo elliot thing in other threads but i dont understand it, explain please?

BTW I saw Elliot in the parking lot at Giants Stadium in 1993. He's the biggest football player I've ever seen. Ron Stone was pretty big during his time at bc. I remember walking behind him out a door. I couldnt see any of the door frame. Kendall, Josh Porter, and Greg Landry were pretty big boys while at BC plus it was funny watching them trying to ride a jet ski in Florida in 94. Just too big for the thing.

Johnny Ayers was also a BC baseball player and in the Sox/BC scrimmage he was the first American player to get a hit of Dice-K when he came over from Japan. The hit was a double.

In the 2007 class we had a recruit named John Elliott, then in 2008 we had a recruit named Donte Elliott.

Plus John Elliott was a highly-recruited white OL from NY and Jumbo Elliott's real name is John, so a lot of people (myself included) were legitimately wondering if John was Jumbo's son or otherwise related (he isn't).

"In 2000, Elliott was fined $250 and ordered to perform 50 hours of community service by a Nassau County judge for instigating a summer bar brawl that injured several patrons and three police officers."

Yes. Get more of his kids.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:11 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:looks likes we got a new recruit but can't remember the name from the twitter.

Obviously impressed by the -65 point differential the last 2 weeks...

Forget it, it was the Bball recruit. I knew Spaz wouldnt recruit during the season.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:20 am

Before the season, Cincinnati Elder defensive end A.J. Burdine was leaning toward Boston College. That has since changed.

The 6-foot-3, 260-pound Burdine is opening things up a bit. Indiana and Miami (Ohio) are making a move for Burdine.

“I’m a lot more open-minded because it’s not just about going to the biggest schools you’ve been offered by,” Burdine said. “I’m gonna wait and take my visits and do my evaluations on who has the best academics and rank them and see who has the best facilities, program and environment I want to be around.

“Visits will make a big difference.”

Burdine will likely take two visits during his senior season, one to Indiana and one to Miami. He will make it to Boston College after the season. Indiana has just recently picked up its interest in Burdine, who is still hearing from Boston College the most.

Although Miami is not in a BCS conference, Burdine said he will give the RedHawks a fair shake.

“They’re a little closer to home and they have some new facilities I’d like to check out,” he said. “They have a good business program and Miami might not be the best football school in the world, but it’s not always about that.”

Ohio could also land a visit from Burdine.

Source: ESPN Insider
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:47 am

Wow.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:55 am

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:Wow.

I'm hesitant to type these words in the following sequence as no doubt should be given, but he could not really have a commitable offer.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:57 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
Fire Spaz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:As far as I am concerned, anyone with the last name Flutie can get a scholarship. Even if they aren't Doug, I would take another Billy, who was a very solid player all around for the program.

I agree 100%. Anytime Billy would get into a TV game, they would always talk about Doug and show the highlight. And that always makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

What I was being a smart-ass about is does BC just make a call to the kid and say "you know we have a schollie for you, let us know" or does Doug make a visit to tell the coach "you have a schollie for him, right?"

I suspect that Doug probably stays out of that, but I also suspect any coach that isn't a complete moron would have no hesitation using a schollie on what appears to be a pretty good football player with the last name "Flutie".

On the same note, they should recruit any punter with a hit off of Dice-K and any grandson of the King of Africa.

We also need to tap back into the off-spring of Jumbo Elliot.

I get the Kiwi reference but who had a hit off of dice-k?

And i've seen this jumbo elliot thing in other threads but i dont understand it, explain please?

BTW I saw Elliot in the parking lot at Giants Stadium in 1993. He's the biggest football player I've ever seen. Ron Stone was pretty big during his time at bc. I remember walking behind him out a door. I couldnt see any of the door frame. Kendall, Josh Porter, and Greg Landry were pretty big boys while at BC plus it was funny watching them trying to ride a jet ski in Florida in 94. Just too big for the thing.

Johnny Ayers was also a BC baseball player and in the Sox/BC scrimmage he was the first American player to get a hit of Dice-K when he came over from Japan. The hit was a double.

In the 2007 class we had a recruit named John Elliott, then in 2008 we had a recruit named Donte Elliott.

Plus John Elliott was a highly-recruited white OL from NY and Jumbo Elliott's real name is John, so a lot of people (myself included) were legitimately wondering if John was Jumbo's son or otherwise related (he isn't).

"In 2000, Elliott was fined $250 and ordered to perform 50 hours of community service by a Nassau County judge for instigating a summer bar brawl that injured several patrons and three police officers."

Yes. Get more of his kids.

Yeah, but if you knew the bar (Bogart's), you wouldn't blame him.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:57 pm

OL Eric Tetlow to Wake
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby bruisertm on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:40 pm

Leshun Daniels visited Penn State this past weekend

http://bostoncollege.247sports.com/Arti ... back-98714
bruisertm
n00b

Postby Shaddix on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:53 pm

bruisertm {l Wrote}:Leshun Daniels visited Penn State this past weekend

Not again....
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:41 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Not again....

Why on earth would anyone visit PSU at this point. I can understand him wanting to have a backup when Spaz is fired just in case we make an underwhelming hire, but how on earth would anybody consider that mess which is unbelievably worse than ours.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Donnie White to Tulsa.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:58 pm

Smart boy. Maybe if Diaco is hired he'll change his mind.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:53 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:Smart boy. Maybe if Diaco is hired he'll change his mind.

At this point, im indifferent to whether we get another recruit or not this class. I think there are legitimately some pieces in this class that can be useful going forward (Willis, Boyle, Callinan, Monteroso, and K), but the less kids that sign with spaz leaves the next coach with more scholarships to either flip guys before LOI day this year or to build next year and going forward.

Honestly, a legitimate coach may be able to do something with these border line spaz commits but at this point i think the less the better.

Obviously if Dionte Taylor or Tevin Montgomery commit, those are 2 legitimate D1 guys with a real offer sheet, but i just pray Spaz doesn't send out more offers as hes out the door to 1AA or lower types (ie with the kid from Manchester, CT).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:25 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Not again....

Why on earth would anyone visit PSU at this point. I can understand him wanting to have a backup when Spaz is fired just in case we make an underwhelming hire, but how on earth would anybody consider that mess which is unbelievably worse than ours.

PSU, for all its genital warts, still wins football games. We do not.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:01 pm

Jacquille Veii decommitted from Maryland. Heard he's taking an OV to BC this weekend but still double checking that. Think Iowa leads for him but we've got a shot.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:22 am

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Jacquille Veii decommitted from Maryland. Heard he's taking an OV to BC this weekend but still double checking that. Think Iowa leads for him but we've got a shot.

I would be very confused by an recruit with any offers who chose Boston College in the next three weeks.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby 31southst on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:50 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Jacquille Veii decommitted from Maryland. Heard he's taking an OV to BC this weekend but still double checking that. Think Iowa leads for him but we've got a shot.

I would be very confused by an recruit with any offers who chose Boston College in the next three weeks.

Agreed - I don't see any reason why you wouldn't just wait to find out the new staff. On that note, I actually take it as a good sign that Tevin Montgomery hasn't committed anywhere yet. I'm probably reading way too much into it but considering he's been down to his final three for a while, maybe he's waiting to give the new staff a shot. That's my (unrealistic) hope anyway.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby BCWomp on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:32 am

Second Commit bails out of the sinking ship. Cory Jasudowich jumps form BC to UConn. Can't really say that he jumped to a more seaworthy ship, but he jumped. So BC has lost Isaacs to a floundering Maryland team with a coach under fire and now has lost Jasudowich to a floundering UConn in a weak NNBE with a coach under fire. Tells you a little bit about how far BC has fallen. Would think that there would be more decommits when the plug is finally pulled on Spaz and staff. This is one of the reasons why Bates shouldn't wait to take action.
BCWomp
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:01 am

BCWomp {l Wrote}:Second Commit bails out of the sinking ship. Cory Jasudowich jumps form BC to UConn. Can't really say that he jumped to a more seaworthy ship, but he jumped. So BC has lost Isaacs to a floundering Maryland team with a coach under fire and now has lost Jasudowich to a floundering UConn in a weak NNBE with a coach under fire. Tells you a little bit about how far BC has fallen. Would think that there would be more decommits when the plug is finally pulled on Spaz and staff. This is one of the reasons why Bates shouldn't wait to take action.

First, losing a linebacker recruit (who paints his face with Herzy like eye black before his HS games) to newly non-BCS UConn yeah, that's bad. Second though, why is this a reason for Bates to take or not take action now, I don't get that part?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:31 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:First, losing a linebacker recruit (who paints his face with Herzy like eye black before his HS games) to newly non-BCS UConn yeah, that's bad. Second though, why is this a reason for Bates to take or not take action now, I don't get that part?

While not a recruiting weird0, I believe the post is more in reference to his desire that Bates understands the timing associated with hiring a new coach (and coaching staff) with regards to recruiting and hopes that Bates is ready to hit the ground running come 11/27
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:39 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:First, losing a linebacker recruit (who paints his face with Herzy like eye black before his HS games) to newly non-BCS UConn yeah, that's bad. Second though, why is this a reason for Bates to take or not take action now, I don't get that part?

While not a recruiting weird0, I believe the post is more in reference to his desire that Bates understands the timing associated with hiring a new coach (and coaching staff) with regards to recruiting and hopes that Bates is ready to hit the ground running come 11/27

I guess if we hire a non-bowl bound MAC coach, which is entirely possible, then there would actually be a difference. I don't know if it makes a difference if you hire an NFL guy or Diaco because I doubt they really show up until the end of their seasons.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:51 pm

BCWomp {l Wrote}:Second Commit bails out of the sinking ship. Cory Jasudowich jumps form BC to UConn. Can't really say that he jumped to a more seaworthy ship, but he jumped. So BC has lost Isaacs to a floundering Maryland team with a coach under fire and now has lost Jasudowich to a floundering UConn in a weak NNBE with a coach under fire. Tells you a little bit about how far BC has fallen. Would think that there would be more decommits when the plug is finally pulled on Spaz and staff. This is one of the reasons why Bates shouldn't wait to take action.

This is alarming because he jumped to yukon. Isaacs went to Maryland, whatever it is what it is, at least a lateral move. Jumping to yukon is going from AQ to non AQ. For as bad as Spaz's recruiting has been the last few years, yukons has been that much worse. Pasqualoni will get another year to futher demolish that thing. For as bad as BC is now, yukon honestly is that much worse, which really does make this flip alarming. Ultimatley it will mean nothign in the long run.

I would imagine that this means that either Mike Williams (DE from MD) or Kevin Maurice (DT from FL) will now be allowed to commit, regardless of what Tevin Montgomery decides to do.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby joesim on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Ha:
DRY TALENT POOL: Longtime recruiting analyst Tom Lemming wrote a story for last Thursday's South Bend Tribune that said a lack of talent at the high school level in New England is largely responsible for Boston College's recent struggles on the football field.

Here's an excerpt from that story:

“Their problem is that New England has been drastically bad talent-wise the last few years. The talent has never been great there, but it’s been pretty good. There hasn’t been much talent at all in Connecticut and Massachusetts, and Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont don’t produce a lot.”
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:32 pm

joesim {l Wrote}:Ha:
DRY TALENT POOL: Longtime recruiting analyst Tom Lemming wrote a story for last Thursday's South Bend Tribune that said a lack of talent at the high school level in New England is largely responsible for Boston College's recent struggles on the football field.

Here's an excerpt from that story:

“Their problem is that New England has been drastically bad talent-wise the last few years. The talent has never been great there, but it’s been pretty good. There hasn’t been much talent at all in Connecticut and Massachusetts, and Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont don’t produce a lot.”

That's bullshit. If anything, the talent is improving...
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:07 pm

24, have you heard anything further in re: to Jaquille Veii since his de commit from MD. Did he visit for ND ?
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:30 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:24, have you heard anything further in re: to Jaquille Veii since his de commit from MD. Did he visit for ND ?

Nope he's coming for VT game instead. Also say Lowrie say Montgomery is taking his OV this weekend too we will see. Would be big. I posted this on twitter if(more like when) Spaz is fired who's your top 5 recruits to keep in this class? I'd think with this class there's some difference in answers.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby 31southst on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:34 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:24, have you heard anything further in re: to Jaquille Veii since his de commit from MD. Did he visit for ND ?

Nope he's coming for VT game instead. Also say Lowrie say Montgomery is taking his OV this weekend too we will see. Would be big. I posted this on twitter if(more like when) Spaz is fired who's your top 5 recruits to keep in this class? I'd think with this class there's some difference in answers.

Boyle, Lowrie, Willis, Callinan, and Monteroso. Not so coincidentally, these are mostly the guys who have legit options to go elsewhere. You can make a strong case for only worrying about one of Boyle/Lowrie, but we really need to have a competent QB ready for 2014, so I think you need both and hope one or Suntrup is ready to take over for Chase.

Edit - thinking more about it, we are probably going to need some true freshman DBs to play right away, so Milano may belong in this list.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:05 pm

That's the thing for me. IMO Lowrie is the key to this class not only is he a very good QB but he's the lynchpin to this class having talked to a lot of these guys they mention Lowrie a lot with who are you in most contact with etc. Milano is special going to be a player for us that's for sure.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:18 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:That's the thing for me. IMO Lowrie is the key to this class not only is he a very good QB but he's the lynchpin to this class having talked to a lot of these guys they mention Lowrie a lot with who are you in most contact with etc. Milano is special going to be a player for us that's for sure.

I follow a few of the commits on twitter. I think Willis is the most important player to keep in this class. He is very active in keeping in touch with the other guys(he was even working Isaacs before he decommited) and he seems VERY solid which is good. Hopefully he opens up some more possibilities in GA which is obv one of the better recruiting grounds in the country.

In regards to a list of top 5, I agree with the above, would say Milano would be in that list rather than Lowrie or Monteroso (as I would consider Boyle to be slightly better). Maybe would even consider some like Daniels too as we are going to need at least a 2 person RB class (Willis is projected as a RB I believe despite playing QB in HS) with the way things turned out last season at the position. As for the WR position, I think Callinan and Monteroso are both solid, but having Callinan and Giacone in the fold obviously help in being in consideration for Hillman next year.

Hopefully with all 3 RB's back next year (AW, DF, and TK), Willis and Daniels can be redshirted and Dudeck can be moved back to his natural position (safety or even corner ala Sylvia although I would imagine Sylvia goes back to safety as well with ALJ hopefully back) where depth is crucial.

24 you have any information on the jasudowich flip ? Would imagine there is something behind that because of where he flipped to (worse program headed for lower lows that BC in a non AQ conf).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium