Score predictions have become so difficult....

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Score predictions have become so difficult....

Postby eagletx on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:28 pm

....trying to guess how badly BC will miss the spread.....Last spread I saw was BC +20.5...I'm thinking it's going to be something more like 44-6...too many ND offensive options against a team that can't tackle, and BC is too singularly dimensional on offense (that is, Rettig to Amidon).
eagletx
Campion Hall

Re: Score predictions have become so difficult....

Postby hansen on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:52 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:....trying to guess how badly BC will miss the spread.....Last spread I saw was BC +20.5...I'm thinking it's going to be something more like 44-6...too many ND offensive options against a team that can't tackle, and BC is too singularly dimensional on offense (that is, Rettig to Amidon).

BC will definitely beat the spread... Notre Dames offense is not very good. However, Their defense especially their front 7 is quite stellar. I fear for Chase's life; hopefully, nix will go easy on him as he is a menace on pass attempts. Note dame is stout against the run, but we can't run the ball anyways. This will end up being a 14-17pt game.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Fire Spaz on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:54 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:....trying to guess how badly BC will miss the spread.....Last spread I saw was BC +20.5...I'm thinking it's going to be something more like 44-6...too many ND offensive options against a team that can't tackle, and BC is too singularly dimensional on offense (that is, Rettig to Amidon).

BC will definitely beat the spread... Notre Dames offense is not very good. However, Their defense especially their front 7 is quite stellar. I fear for Chase's life; hopefully, nix will go easy on him as he is a menace on pass attempts. Note dame is stout against the run, but we can't run the ball anyways.

You know its not against the rules for defenses to score points, right? They will have at least one defensive touchdown.

That said, Spaz is going to take the air out of the ball from the first possession and will run as much clock as possible/allowed. I figure this will result in at least one ill-timed delay of game penalty but also with the team covering the 3 TD spread.
Wikipedia {l Wrote}:Spaziani is known as a wordsmith often answering interview questions with unintelligible murmurs or seemingly invented words. He has been honored by his peers as the most underqualified coach ever assigned to a head coaching role at a Division 1 school
Fire Spaz
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:56 pm

Fire Spaz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

BC will definitely beat the spread... Notre Dames offense is not very good. However, Their defense especially their front 7 is quite stellar. I fear for Chase's life; hopefully, nix will go easy on him as he is a menace on pass attempts. Note dame is stout against the run, but we can't run the ball anyways.

You know its not against the rules for defenses to score points, right? They will have at least one defensive touchdown.

That said, Spaz is going to take the air out of the ball from the first possession and will run as much clock as possible/allowed. I figure this will result in at least one ill-timed delay of game penalty but also with the team covering the 3 TD spread.

This game is a trap game betting wise partly for the reasons ou mention. I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:38 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Fire Spaz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

This game is a trap game betting wise partly for the reasons ou mention. I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole.

BC 14-10. ND 5 turnovers. Monday, Spaz announces he will retire at season end.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby h2o on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:42 pm

Fire Spaz {l Wrote}:You know its not against the rules for defenses to score points, right? They will have at least one defensive touchdown.

I predict this will happen when Spaz calls for an ill timed razzle dazzle play that goes awry. The camera will zoom in on Spazoo and you will think you're looking at Hansen's sig picture.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:08 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:
I predict this will happen when Spaz calls for an ill timed razzle dazzle play that goes awry. At 8:11 pm ET, The camera will zoom in on Spazoo and you will think you're looking at Hansen's sig picture.

Fixed
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby tailgater94 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:35 am

Bloodbath. When desperate no-talent teams try to pull out all the stops, that makes the bloodbath worse.

Give the points, its gonna be be free money for those that take ND -19 (or 20).

We field 11 white guys on offense. Give the points.
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:14 am

49-10 ND
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:25 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Fire Spaz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

HGAW!

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:45 am

Does this mean you're no longer defending Spaz?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium