Tickets

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Tickets

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:15 pm

Single game tickets have gone on sale. Some observations:

Tickets for every home game with the exception of UNC and Duke start at $10. Yup, $10 gets you into the NC State, Maryland and Miami games, among others. While sad, I'm glad they have decided to just offer these prices now instead of announcing "sales" and doing the Groupon thing mid-season.

UNC tix are priced at $30/seat. Duke tix are not for sale.

There is also an "ACC Weekend Mini Pack" that includes the NC State, Clemson, Duke, Virginia and Georgia Tech games for $110/seat. Do the math and that comes to $22/game, $12 over face for every game except Duke. So if my arithmetic is right, they've put the face value of a Duke ticket at $70. I think you'll be able to do better than that if you wait until the game gets closer.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Re: Tickets

Postby vegasEagle on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:43 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Single game tickets have gone on sale. Some observations:

Tickets for every home game with the exception of UNC and Duke start at $10. Yup, $10 gets you into the NC State, Maryland and Miami games, among others. While sad, I'm glad they have decided to just offer these prices now instead of announcing "sales" and doing the Groupon thing mid-season.

There is also an "ACC Weekend Mini Pack" that includes the NC State, Clemson, Duke, Virginia and Georgia Tech games for $110/seat. Do the math and that comes to $22/game, $12 over face for every game except Duke. So if my arithmetic is right, they've put the face value of a Duke ticket at $70. I think you'll be able to do better than that if you wait until the game gets closer.

What have the tix gone for the last few seasons? Or even during the smith/dudley years? Would Master Bates be responsible for changes? Why can't you buy a duke tix by itself? Yes, alot of questions.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:22 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Single game tickets have gone on sale. Some observations:

What have the tix gone for the last few seasons? Or even during the smith/dudley years? Would Master Bates be responsible for changes? Why can't you buy a duke tix by itself? Yes, alot of questions.

Before the season started, the cheapest seats used to be $20, even going back to the Smith/Dudley years. Cheap tix were a little harder to come by then, but the team was never a truly tough ticket unless Duke or Carolina were in town. After Dudley and Marshall moved on, the ticket office started having ticket sales mid-season. One of the more popular sales was the Black Friday sale, where you could get tickets to conference games for $15 or even $10. After running this sale a second time, myself and a few others here stopped buying tickets before the season started because we knew we could get the same seats for half price if we waited until Thanksgiving weekend. They would have Groupon specials offering $10 seats. They would also bundle Duke/Carolina tickets with less popular games to promote sales (as they have again this year), but we all learned that if you waited until a couple of days before the game, the unsold tickets would be released to the public and you could get them for $20-30. As you can see, it made no sense to buy tickets early, in fact, you were punished for it if you did. I'm happy to see they've acknowledged this problem.

I would think Bates has had time to sit in at least one meeting where these prices were discussed. It does feel like the single game tix went on sale later than usual this year, which would increase the likelihood he was involved.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:04 pm

and dgf, remember that you'll probably be able to get into most, if not all, those games for cheaper through the black friday sale.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:16 am

The past couple of seasons tickets at Conte were completely mispriced. The DBS has been a complete failure (for football I don't mind it but for basketball it's been disgraciad) as those seats are constantly empty.

I've always maintained BC should just give a section in the upper deck to different schools/groups for every OOC game.

I'll load up at the black Friday sale and I still show my student ID to get $10 tickets if I feel like going to a game that I didn't already pick up.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:22 pm

With prices already at $10, I'm not so sure we are going to see a Black Friday sale this year.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby AdamBC on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:28 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:With prices already at $10, I'm not so sure we are going to see a Black Friday sale this year.

As soon as I saw the ticket prices, I had the same thought. Getting rid of the black friday sale will make season ticket holders not feel like they overpaid.

That said, they better have a 'no shipping and no processing charge' sale if they expect me to buy tickets from them.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby thebigskinny31 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:21 pm

It says that Duke tickets are availible for season ticket holders, but when I log in the Duke game doesn't come up. Is anybody else having this problem?
thebigskinny31
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:42 pm

BC announced they will have a black friday sale again this year at the football game
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby AdamBC on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:18 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:BC announced they will have a black friday sale again this year at the football game

Good - after watching the team on ESPN3, I'm not paying full price to watch this team.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:36 am

As a reminder:

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby AdamBC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:01 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:As a reminder:

Not sure why I do this to myself, but bought tickets to 3 ACC games and 2 OOC games. Hope at least for some positive signs for next year.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Return to Conte Forum