Best coach in 15 years is #110 overall

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Best coach in 15 years is #110 overall

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Some more positive pub for our best coach in 15 years, http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1181252-7-college-football-coaches-who-wont-survive-the-2012-season?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football#/articles/1181252-7-college-football-coaches-who-wont-survive-the-2012-season/page/8

#1 coach who won't make it through the year

In three years at Boston College, Spaziani has led the Eagles to a 20-19 record.

While this is not terrible, by any stretch of the imagination, it's not good enough for a proud program that has wallowed around for the past several seasons.

As if the talent cupboards weren't already bare enough, BC's leading rusher, Montel Harris was dismissed from the program earlier in the season.

It tough to see Spaziani finishing out the season if the Eagles get off to a rough start.

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Mon May 14, 2012 1:32 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Some more positive pub for our best coach in 15 years, http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1181252-7-college-football-coaches-who-wont-survive-the-2012-season?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football#/articles/1181252-7-college-football-coaches-who-wont-survive-the-2012-season/page/8

#1 coach who won't make it through the year

In three years at Boston College, Spaziani has led the Eagles to a 20-19 record.

While this is not terrible, by any stretch of the imagination, it's not good enough for a proud program that has wallowed around for the past several seasons.

As if the talent cupboards weren't already bare enough, BC's leading rusher, Montel Harris was dismissed from the program earlier in the season.

It tough to see Spaziani finishing out the season if the Eagles get off to a rough start.

Oh shit - a stinging rebuke from the 97th-ranked writer in all of Bleacher Report!
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon May 14, 2012 1:37 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Short of murder charges or a Jerry Sandusky-type situation, I cannot see Spaz, nor any other BC coach, being fired mid-season.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Mon May 14, 2012 2:02 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Short of murder charges or a Jerry Sandusky-type situation, I cannot see Spaz, nor any other BC coach, being fired mid-season.

Respect their privacy.
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon May 14, 2012 2:29 pm

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Respect their privacy.

Fair point. :kudos
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon May 14, 2012 5:04 pm

some friends of mine recently dropped their season tickets. the phrase "best coach in 15 years" made it's way into their rejection email.
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 15, 2012 7:14 am

mod6A {l Wrote}:some friends of mine recently dropped their season tickets. the phrase "best coach in 15 years" made it's way into their rejection email.

I'm going to renew but I'm just waiting for them to call & grovel at me so I can tell them to GTFOOMAM
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Tue May 15, 2012 7:38 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
mod6A {l Wrote}:some friends of mine recently dropped their season tickets. the phrase "best coach in 15 years" made it's way into their rejection email.

I'm going to renew but I'm just waiting for them to call & grovel at me so I can tell them to GTFOOMAM

If I still lived up in the Boston area I think this would be a tougher decision. Once spaz and gene are gone I will be back. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue May 15, 2012 8:07 am

You're better off to just buy tickets outside Alumni.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue May 15, 2012 10:10 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

A guy I normally sit with who has been a season ticket holder for 12 years recently told me he has not yet renewed. I was shocked to hear that despite exceptionally poor sales, they have yet to contact him. Mickey Mouse.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby 31southst on Tue May 15, 2012 10:27 am

I just recently got an email asking if they could help me renew. I sent back a venting reply and got a canned response that didn't really answer anything I wrote in my email. The whole thing pisses me off even more - we really are a Mickey Mouse program.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue May 15, 2012 10:57 am

31southst {l Wrote}:I just recently got an email asking if they could help me renew. I sent back a venting reply and got a canned response that didn't really answer anything I wrote in my email. The whole thing pisses me off even more - we really are a Mickey Mouse program.

It really is a damned if you do damned if you don't situation in contacting a non-renewal. But even if you only get one renewal for every 50 scathing replies, it should be done. Would a reminder e-mail really push someone over the edge to changing their mind? Probably not.

My guess is they are waiting for some of the Montel fury to clear before they launch another large-scale wallet attack. Wait until everyone's feeling good with consistent warm weather and beach vacations before you beg.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Tue May 15, 2012 11:08 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:I just recently got an email asking if they could help me renew. I sent back a venting reply and got a canned response that didn't really answer anything I wrote in my email. The whole thing pisses me off even more - we really are a Mickey Mouse program.

It really is a damned if you do damned if you don't situation in contacting a non-renewal. But even if you only get one renewal for every 50 scathing replies, it should be done. Would a reminder e-mail really push someone over the edge to changing their mind? Probably not.

My guess is they are waiting for some of the Montel fury to clear before they launch another large-scale wallet attack. Wait until everyone's feeling good with consistent warm weather and beach vacations before you beg.

Got an email today. I simply deleted it. The fact that they are begging people to buy tickets in a ND/Clemson year tells us everything you need to know.
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue May 15, 2012 11:16 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:You're better off to just buy tickets outside Alumni.

That is what I would do.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Tue May 15, 2012 12:50 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

That is what I would do.

No it isn't. You would go to a clambake instead.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue May 15, 2012 12:50 pm

athtick@bc.edu {l Wrote}:The football season ticket renewal deadline recently passed and our records indicate that as of May 14, 2012 you had not renewed your season tickets for the upcoming season. We are extremely grateful for all of your past support and we hope that you will be returning to The Heights again this fall. The upcoming season features home games against Notre Dame, Clemson, Virginia Tech and Miami. We are very excited for the season as we return 18 starters from last year and we welcome several new coaches to the team.

Please click on link below to renew or call the ticket office at 617 552-3000.

Account Number xxxxxx
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 15, 2012 12:51 pm

Literally just got the same thing, I'm holding out
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Tue May 15, 2012 1:11 pm

Got this as well.

If I knew it wasn't some automated service I'd take the time to write a carefully worded 18 page diatribe about what a joke the program is and how they should be paying ME to fill the stands so that ESPN3 can show at least a half full stadium while we're getting pounded 88-3 by Clemson.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Tue May 15, 2012 1:16 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
athtick@bc.edu {l Wrote}:The football season ticket renewal deadline recently passed and our records indicate that as of May 14, 2012 you had not renewed your season tickets for the upcoming season. We are extremely grateful for all of your past support and we hope that you will be returning to The Heights again this fall. The upcoming season features home games against Notre Dame, Clemson, Virginia Tech and Miami. We are very excited for the season as we return 18 starters from last year and we welcome several new coaches to the team.

Account Number xxxxxx

That's a pretty kickass home schedule.
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue May 15, 2012 1:19 pm

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Account Number xxxxxx

I'm obviously gonna renew, but I'm just dragging my heals.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue May 15, 2012 1:23 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Account Number xxxxxx

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
part of the problem
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue May 15, 2012 1:24 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

That is what I would do.

if I come over to Massachusetts again this Fall, I will come alone this time and it will be the weekend BC plays at home. and if I come over, I will be going to one of the games

no clambake this year
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue May 15, 2012 2:27 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Account Number xxxxxx

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
part of the problem

this

i will only buy tickets through stubhub (groupon?), i refuse to buy them through BC

fxck spaz & fxck greasy gene
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Tue May 15, 2012 2:33 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

That is what I would do.

if I come over to Massachusetts again this Fall, I will come alone this time and it will be the weekend BC plays at home. and if I come over, I will be going to one of the games

no clambake this year

A possible cross-country trip without mrs. ib? Sounds like there is trouble in paradise. Would you like to talk about it? As a former full-time moderator I now have some extra time on my hands to help out.
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue May 15, 2012 2:34 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:i will only buy tickets through stubhub (groupon?), i refuse to buy them through BC

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe revenue from Groupon sales goes back into Gene's coffers after Groupon takes their cut (a whopping 50%). So I would avoid Groupon if you don't want to buy through BC.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue May 15, 2012 2:36 pm

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

That is what I would do.

no clambake this year

A possible cross-country trip without mrs. ib? Sounds like there is trouble in paradise. Would you like to talk about it? As a former full-time moderator I now have some extra time on my hands to help out.

there is no trouble in paradise. the majority of my East Coast trips have been me as a singleton to hang with my friends. that would be one of those.

last year was an exception, not the rule. we wanted to bring the whole family for once, was all...
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Tue May 15, 2012 2:40 pm

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

That is what I would do.

no clambake this year

there is no trouble in paradise. the majority of my East Coast trips have been me as a singleton to hang with my friends. that would be one of those.

Multiple solo trips to the east coast yet you've only been to 2 games since 1994? For shame.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue May 15, 2012 2:48 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

That is what I would do.

no clambake this year

Multiple solo trips to the east coast yet you've only been to 2 games since 1994? For shame.

my friends are BU graduates. they hate BC. sure, they'll go to the games if someone else pays for their ticket. they aren't actually going to spend their own money and give that to your school, what are you nuts?

two of them were accepted at Notre Dame but went to BU simply because Notre Dame wouldn't give them any aid money and BU did. they hate BC. and these are the people I hang with when I travel East. didn't you read the Spring Break story?
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Tue May 15, 2012 3:07 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Account Number xxxxxx

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
part of the problem

this

i will only buy tickets through stubhub (groupon?), i refuse to buy them through BC

fxck spaz & fxck greasy gene

HANSENPOST!!!
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium