Why did Gene fire Cathy Inglese?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Why did Gene fire Cathy Inglese?

Postby nerd on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:40 pm

Seems like BC was a regular participant in the NCAA tournament under Cathy. Now, it doesn't look like the team is any good. Was Crawley supposed to be a good recruiter?
nerd
Carney Hall

Re: Why did Gene fire Cathy Inglese?

Postby claver2010 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:40 pm

Didn't she bring in a couple of top 25 classes? Weird.

Not like I care but odd.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:54 pm

There was no fireable offense. Just an accumulation of little things. If you want to sum it up, she didn't kiss the ring enough.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:43 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:There was no fireable offense. Just an accumulation of little things. If you want to sum it up, she didn't kiss the ring enough.

If GDF really demands that kind of sucking up from coaches, then the school should get rid of him immediately if not sooner. It's impossible to found a healthy and productive athletic program on that kind of warped ego.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby BCTG on Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:39 am

rumblings that GDF didn't like most of Inglese's recruits (white?)... he thought (wrong) that Crawley would bring in more afletes.

afletes: thank you Brandon Spikes
BCTG
Carney Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:16 pm

the ever dedicated nags hoops weirdos... a rare breed
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:32 am

Where's TagRyche when you need him!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Where's TagRyche when you need him!

Reviewing CDs for Rock is Life, obviously.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby nerd on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:27 pm

Hunta518 {l Wrote}:the ever dedicated nags hoops weirdos... a rare breed

I'm not a "nag hoops weirdo," I just hate our Athletics Director. I wanted to know if she did something that was fireable, or because Gene wants to micromanage.
nerd
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:55 pm

I guess nags h00ps finally got a win :cheer
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eaglecaddy on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:57 am

This season has finally come to an end. They were for the most part not even competitive.
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:01 pm

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:This season has finally come to an end. They were for the most part not even competitive.

We could have put myself at PG, Claver at SG, DuchenseEast at SF and a couple other guys on this board at PF/C and fielded a more competitive team than what I saw last night. They looked terrible. 16 points in a half is not good.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:11 pm

This basically tells us everything you would ever need to know about Gene. Gene extended her after missing the NCAA tournament for a second straight year and I believe there was some controversy over Crawley electing to not accept a bid to the WNIT.

Chestnut Hill, MA - Boston College head women's basketball coach Sylvia Crawley has received a two-year contract extension that will keep her in her current position through the 2014-15 season, according to an announcement made by Boston College Director of Athletics Gene DeFilippo.

"We are very fortunate to have Sylvia Crawley leading our women's basketball program," Director of Athletics Gene DeFilippo said. "She is an outstanding recruiter and teacher and has done an outstanding job in her first two seasons. The future of our program is very bright, and this contract extension is very much deserved."
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:14 pm

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:This basically tells us everything you would ever need to know about Gene. Gene extended her after missing the NCAA tournament for a second straight year and I believe there was some controversy over Crawley electing to not accept a bid to the WNIT.

Chestnut Hill, MA - Boston College head women's basketball coach Sylvia Crawley has received a two-year contract extension that will keep her in her current position through the 2014-15 season, according to an announcement made by Boston College Director of Athletics Gene DeFilippo.

"We are very fortunate to have Sylvia Crawley leading our women's basketball program," Director of Athletics Gene DeFilippo said. "She is an outstanding recruiter and teacher and has done an outstanding job in her first two seasons. The future of our program is very bright, and this contract extension is very much deserved."

It's all about kissing the ring. Performance means nothing.

:gun
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:04 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:This basically tells us everything you would ever need to know about Gene. Gene extended her after missing the NCAA tournament for a second straight year and I believe there was some controversy over Crawley electing to not accept a bid to the WNIT.

It's all about kissing the ring. Performance means nothing.

:gun

What is funny is how similar these quotes are to ones concerning luigi, with the non-deserved contract extension thrown in but since nobody cares about nag hoops none of us every noticed.
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:53 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:This season has finally come to an end. They were for the most part not even competitive.

We could have put myself at PG, Claver at SG, DuchenseEast at SF and a couple other guys on this board at PF/C and fielded a more competitive team than what I saw last night. They looked terrible. 16 points in a half is not good.

Bad example. It's nag hoops....you could make the sweet 16 with that lineup.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:06 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Hell yeah, lets do this. PP ready to report.
Any one else ecstatic that Pierce put up 34 against the Knicks today and stopped Linsanity.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:46 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Any one else ecstatic that Pierce put up 34 against the Knicks today and stopped Linsanity.

I think Coach Dantoni and his unbelievably faulty logic of not fouling was very helpful to stopping linsanity as well. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:59 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I think Coach Dantoni and his unbelievably faulty logic of not fouling was very helpful to stopping linsanity as well. :ace

I was trying to convince my wife to scalp tix and she just wanted to go to a sports bar. I could punch her in da mouth.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:19 am

seems like jarmond hired a good coach, in year 2 they might make the tournament after taking over for a coach that won 20% of acc games in 5 years
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:49 am

Really good hire, as far as I can tell the older players improved and her recruits have been good. Hopefully it bodes well for picking the next MBB coach.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:15 pm

I still want the chance to play SF.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:05 pm

Thank you for reminding me of the existence of TageRyche.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:07 am

ACC coach of the year
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:26 am

beat clemson thursday, then duke yesterday. onto acc semis today at 230
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:40 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:beat clemson thursday, then duke yesterday. onto acc semis today at 230

They're exhausted, and they're going to lose, but not quitting. Hopefully, they get a NCAA bid, but even if they end up in the NIT, this has been an extremely successful year for them.

I think Men's Basketball ends up with a young, up-and-coming coach with Power-5 recruiting experience, like Coach Mac (and Hafley, and the volleyball coach, and the soccer coaches...).
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Return to Conte Forum