Bruins Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Bruins Weirdos

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:11 am

Kobasew traded to the Wild for Craig Weller, a 2011 pick, and the rights to Alexander Fallstrom. The fire sale continues, and it's only October.

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/hockey/bruins/view/20091018wild_acquire_chuck_kobasew_in_trade_with_bruins/srvc=home&position=also
Last edited by Endless Mike on Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:57 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Traded to the Wild for Craig Weller, a 2011 pick, and the rights to Alexander Fallstrom. The fire sale continues, and it's only October.

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/hockey/bruins/view/20091018wild_acquire_chuck_kobasew_in_trade_with_bruins/srvc=home&position=also

You realize that Kobasew's an overpaid 3rd-liner who hasn't done shit in most of the games he's played this year? They're getting cap space so they can potentially make a bigger move in the near future. They have something like 7 combined 1st's and 2nd's for the 2010 and 2011 drafts.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:56 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:You realize that Kobasew's an overpaid 3rd-liner who hasn't done shit in most of the games he's played this year?

You realize the season is only 7 games old?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:54 pm

It was a good trade. Kobassew is useless and Svbotka or however you spell it will be fine. Their waiting to make a move at Kovolchuk.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:16 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:It was a good trade. Kobassew is useless and Svbotka or however you spell it will be fine. Their waiting to make a move at Kovolchuk.

Not sure they'll get Kovy but between Sobotka and Marchand (both of whom were lighting up the A before being called up) the B's should be able to adequately replace Chucky. They had something like less than $1 million in cap space with Kobasew on the roster. Now they have about $2.5-3 million to work with (if memory serves me correctly). Sobotka has definitely earned his chance and Marchand had a great camp.

And Kobasew has been overpaid for a few years now. He's also not a very good fit for the B's centers due to his stone hands and their propensity to be playmakers instead of scorers and has been downright terrible this year. Sad to see him go but I like the move from Chia's perspective.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby buconvict on Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:33 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:It was a good trade. Kobassew is useless and Svbotka or however you spell it will be fine. Their waiting to make a move at Kovolchuk.

Ahh, the old "The Bruins are trading everyone for pennies on the dollar so they can make a midseason trade for _____" argument. Gotta love it. Hey, when is Forsberg signing with the B's anyway?

The Bruins gave up on this season the day they decided to not bring Kessel back. I don't care that he is injured and wouldn't be playing anyway. When you send that message to the players, you undermine their spirit. You further erode that spirit when you trade Aaron Ward for Eaves, then WAIVE Eaves so you can save an extra 800K.

Honestly, Bruins management is Boston's new Gingerbot. Bleep bloop cap space bloop bloop blurp puck-moving defenseman bleep blorp forechecking bloop bleep Krejci and Wheeler are better than Kessel bleep bloop draft picks blorp.

Six months ago, the Bruins were good. Really good. Then they played poorly for one week and got eliminated. Then they got the Winter Classic, Jacobs got 2K new season tickets sold, and they started to slash payroll and eliminate the best players. It astounds me that fools like Flyingelvii can look at what is taking place and buy into the GDF-esque rhetoric of "Well Kessel doesn't forecheck so he sucks, and Kobasew sucks too and Brad Boyes sucked too so we traded them all to clear space and get Stanley Cup caliber players like Shawn Thornton and Dennis Wideman and Byron Bitz".

The Bruins are fucking terrible right now, and no, they will not trade their precious draft picks for Kovalchuk in February. After all, why add the salary and lose the picks when you're sitting in 7th place? They need to think about the FUTURE. It's not like the had one hundred and twenty fucking seven points last season or anything. They need to keep the picks so thy can draft a young superstar like Phil Kessel. Or maybe they'll do themseves one betterand draft all-world puckmovers like Eric Hamell.

Fuck the Bruins. They're clueless and they suck and the fans deserve better.

/rant :quitar

*Even though I'm always arguing with Elvii, I respect you.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:52 pm

BUConvict: No secret you and I disagree on the a lot even though I respect your opinion. I think you're wrong here also. You're treating Kessel like he was freckin Ovechkin or Malkin. Kessel is a fine player, but the picks they get back from Toronto b/c they will be terrible hopefully they can turn for a big scorer.

You can make fun of the puck moving D but Morris was a tremendous pickup and Boychuk looks pretty damn good also along with Chara and Wideman. I'd argue that the reason for their struggles this year have been Lucic playing awfully and a terrible PP. Granted Kessel would have helped on the PP but still, this team wouldn't be any better with him even if he were healthy. Also, Tim Thomas hasn't lit the world on fire. We'll see how this works out, should be interesting anyway.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby buconvict on Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:09 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:BUConvict: No secret you and I disagree on the a lot even though I respect your opinion. I think you're wrong here also. You're treating Kessel like he was freckin Ovechkin or Malkin. Kessel is a fine player, but the picks they get back from Toronto b/c they will be terrible hopefully they can turn for a big scorer.

You can make fun of the puck moving D but Morris was a tremendous pickup and Boychuk looks pretty damn good also along with Chara and Wideman. I'd argue that the reason for their struggles this year have been Lucic playing awfully and a terrible PP. Granted Kessel would have helped on the PP but still, this team wouldn't be any better with him even if he were healthy. Also, Tim Thomas hasn't lit the world on fire. We'll see how this works out, should be interesting anyway.

I always thought the role of the defenseman was o play defense and help keep the puck out of the net. I really don't care how good Derek Morris is at skating to the red line and dumping the puck; every time I see him he's getting turned around by some asshole from the Coyotes or Ducks.

People seem to forget that A. Kessel is 21 years old and already scoring 35 goals a year. He will score 50 eventually. And B. Kessel was the 5th pick in the draft THREE YEARS AGO. I remember me and Mike having a gleeful thread about how good he was going to be. So basically, we traded the superstar that we had with the 5th pick in the draft for future picks, who might turn out to be as good as Kessel but almost certainly won't be? I'm supposed to excited about that? What happens when the Bruins draft the next Ovechkin? Do you actually expect them to keep him? They didn't keep Thornton, who was only the MVP of the fucking league. They didn't keep Kessel, the youngest guy to score 35 goals since Ovechkin... what do you expect to change? Do you honestly think here is a single player in the NHL that Bruins would give a 8 year, 60 million dollar contract to? ANYONE? Seriously, if Ovechkin was released by the Capitals, and he approached the Bruins and offered himself for 8/60, do you think the Bruins would accept that proposal? I'm pretty sure that they are the only team in the league that would not, and that is why they are a bad organization that doesn't win.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:48 pm

BUC is right on here.

1. Let's draft the #1. Give him the C and then say he's a bad captain. Trade him. MVP.
2. Let's draft the #5. Trade him for draft picks. He's going to score 50 some day with someone feeding him pucks (not that Toronto has that right now).
3. Use draft picks from step 2 to get #1 pick overall from Toronto.
4. Go to back to step 1 and repeat.

Does this NOT look like a stupid cycle to anyone else? Isn't the point to win a championship here?

Here's the thing. You've got last year's Norris winner. Last year's Vezina winner. A great guy like Savard. This is a point where you go for broke while they are still here and win a fxcking Stanley Cup. Not trade away your #5 overall pick.

This effing town has to get their limp little dicks out of Cam Neely's ass. Every single guy that comes through here sucks if he isn't Cam effing Neely according to these hockey idiots.

For the record, the 2011 draft is looking to be one of the weakest drafts.

I can't wait for the Bruins to draft Taylor Hall #1 and then ship him off in a few years because he is soft and isn't Cam Neely.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:03 pm

Comparing the Sinden and O'Connell eras to the Chia era is extremely glib. Two completely different administrations. And don't blame it on Jacobs (sans the Schaefer buyout, which was awful). He spends to the cap.

Edit: I will say that the Thomas move was awful. I cannot defend that one. He can't be bought out and Tuukka in the wings. Trading Kobasew is not dumping someone significant. He's a top 9 guy but a 3rd liner. I understand the Kessel trade hate but the kid is not worth $5.4 million AAV contract.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:27 pm

Did you seriuosly compare the upside of Phil Kessel to Ovechkin? Come on now. I just wouldn't jump the gun on saying the Bruins suck yet. Let's wait and see how things shake out.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ryfarls on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:15 pm

when are you guys gonna start talking about the curse of phil that will put the bruins in damnation for eternity? because you are making it seem like they are trading babe ruth in his prime. and if your gonna say that they're missing his goal scoring ability your wrong. its his speed and ability to bring the puck end to end that they are missing, the goals can and will come from others.
ryfarls
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:04 am

buconvict {l Wrote}:

Ahh, the old "The Bruins are trading everyone for pennies on the dollar so they can make a midseason trade for _____" argument. Gotta love it. Hey, when is Forsberg signing with the B's anyway?

The Bruins gave up on this season the day they decided to not bring Kessel back. I don't care that he is injured and wouldn't be playing anyway. When you send that message to the players, you undermine their spirit. You further erode that spirit when you trade Aaron Ward for Eaves, then WAIVE Eaves so you can save an extra 800K.

Honestly, Bruins management is Boston's new Gingerbot. Bleep bloop cap space bloop bloop blurp puck-moving defenseman bleep blorp forechecking bloop bleep Krejci and Wheeler are better than Kessel bleep bloop draft picks blorp.

Six months ago, the Bruins were good. Really good. Then they played poorly for one week and got eliminated. Then they got the Winter Classic, Jacobs got 2K new season tickets sold, and they started to slash payroll and eliminate the best players. It astounds me that fools like Flyingelvii can look at what is taking place and buy into the GDF-esque rhetoric of "Well Kessel doesn't forecheck so he sucks, and Kobasew sucks too and Brad Boyes sucked too so we traded them all to clear space and get Stanley Cup caliber players like Shawn Thornton and Dennis Wideman and Byron Bitz".

The Bruins are fucking terrible right now, and no, they will not trade their precious draft picks for Kovalchuk in February. After all, why add the salary and lose the picks when you're sitting in 7th place? They need to think about the FUTURE. It's not like the had one hundred and twenty fucking seven points last season or anything. They need to keep the picks so thy can draft a young superstar like Phil Kessel. Or maybe they'll do themseves one betterand draft all-world puckmovers like Eric Hamell.

Fuck the Bruins. They're clueless and they suck and the fans deserve better.

/rant :quitar

*Even though I'm always arguing with Elvii, I respect you.

Alright, there is just some factual stuff wrong with this. Ward got traded for Eaves, Eaves was waived because he was paid a ridiculous amount for a 4th liner like Eaves ($3.1 million over the next two years) for a significantly reduced expense (about a $260k cap hit over the next three years). Just to get an idea of Eaves market value, he signed a 1-year deal for $500k with Detroit after getting bought out. They took the savings from Ward's contract and Eaves buyout and signed Derek Morris to a $3.3 million contract, which is overpaying a little bit but Morris is a significant upgrade over Ward in that he can be a 2-4, whereas Ward was clearly the number 4 defenseman at the end of the season (Mark Stuart is going to be absolutely filthy this year...was the 2nd best d-man in the playoffs last year IMO).

Dennis Wideman is a very good defenseman. Boyes would not have scored 40 goals in Julien's system as he did not play any defense whatsoever. That doesn't jibe with Claude, which is why Kessel sat a few playoff games 2 years ago (a retarded thing to do IMO). My guess for Boyes would be low-to-mid 30s. Good, but with puck-moving defensemen a rarity in the NHL, Wideman is a very good player, especially when you put him in Julien's system.

Bitz and Thornton's contracts take up a little more than $1 million and, with Begin centering them, they have been the most consistent line the B's have had through this stretch. They're far from the cause of the B's problems

Payroll was also never slashed. This offseason Chia signed Krejci at the beginning of the offseason to a significant pay raise, got some cap space with the Ward trade, with which everyone assumed he was gonna sign Kessel, spent it on Morris, and aside from that, gave Looch a big pay raise as he's gonna be an RFA next year. Not to mention they have to clear cap space for next year when Stuart (see my above prediction), Tuukka (I LOVE TIM THOMAS' CONTRACT!!!!1111!!!), Big Daddy Wheels, Sobotka, and Boychuk all become RFAs. My guess is that Stuart, Tuukka, and Wheels all get signed as I'm just not sure given the lack of PT for Sobotka and Boychuk so far. The big numbers that come off the cap are the corpse of Glen Murray's contract ($1.383 million), Ference's albatross of a contract ($1.4 million), Recchi ($1.7 million), Morris ($3.3 million), and Savvy ($5 million). That's about $13 million coming off the books for a team that's already right against the cap.

By trading Kobasew, who has been the constant rumor of trade rumors because of his contract, they cleared $3.3 million for next year while losing a guy who is a good but unspectacular 3rd-liner. Guys like that shouldn't earn $3.3 million, they should be in the $2-2.5 million range. Plus that $3.3 million is going to be huge in determining what they do after the year's over. You are grossly estimating the contributions of Kobasew.

Edit: I wholeheartedly agree about missing Kessel's speed. Can definitely see this when they have difficulty breaking out on the PP. Kessel was very good at getting the puck on his stick, gaining the blue line, and single-handedly setting up the PP. Believe me, I do not have an agenda like that ass-clown Kevin-Paul Dupont.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:24 am

This is more than I ever wanted to know about hockey but I read the whole thread. GO BROONS!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:27 am

Forgot to add, but the B's also get a $42k cap credit next offseason because Eaves had an escalating contract. Small but important with cap space at a premium next year.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby buconvict on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:14 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Forgot to add, but the B's also get a $42k cap credit next offseason because Eaves had an escalating contract. Small but important with cap space at a premium next year.

42K? WOOHOO!

I love how "Boyes wouldn't score 40 here, only 35, so trading him for DENNIS FUCKING WIDEMAN is a good deal" and "Kessel isn't Ovechkin so that somehow justifies trading him for a draft pick that will either be wasted on someone shitty like Eric Hamell or used on a superstar like Thornton or Kessel that we can trade for even more picks later!"

The Bruins have significantly downgraded their team from last year. Derek Morris is a turnstyle. I don't give a shit if he's good at dumping the puck.

Bleep bloop puck moving defenseman blorp Boyes can't forecheck bloop who needs 40 goal scorers bleep bloop.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:51 pm

BUC - You have to go under the assumption here that Claude is the coach. He doesn't use the same system as Bruce Boudreau down in here in Washington where Boudreau just wants fast forwards who couldn't fore-check or play defense to save their lives.

Claude's is a defensive system where you need players to be able to forecheck and play a little defense. Boyes and Kessel got dealt for that reason.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:53 pm

Have you ever watched Wides play? Judging from your constant ripping on him, I'm going to go with no. He is probably a top 20 defenseman in the NHL. Boyes is probably a top 20 forward in the league. Read any hockey writer and it's pretty much consensus that the trade was a win-win. Boyes fit the Blues open system and Wides fits Juliens defensive minded system. Please enlighten me as to why Wides is such a bad player aside from adding "FUCKING" to his middle name.

I'm going to assume the same with Aaron Ward. He's not that good anymore and Morris, who is better than Ward and has been adept on the PP, is a lot better.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:02 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Traded to the Wild for Craig Weller, a 2011 pick, and the rights to Alexander Fallstrom. The fire sale continues, and it's only October.

You realize that Kobasew's an overpaid 3rd-liner who hasn't done shit in most of the games he's played this year? They're getting cap space so they can potentially make a bigger move in the near future. They have something like 7 combined 1st's and 2nd's for the 2010 and 2011 drafts.

No one's done shit this year, but it's a tad early to sell the farm, especially after what they accomplished last season.

This isn't making room for a big deal. I'd be surprised if they're even planning on signing all these draft picks they're getting.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:49 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

No one's done shit this year, but it's a tad early to sell the farm, especially after what they accomplished last season.

This isn't making room for a big deal. I'd be surprised if they're even planning on signing all these draft picks they're getting.

My point is that trading Kobasew isn't selling the farm. If they traded ANY of the top 6 I'd be angry but Kobasew is a pretty replaceable player. Solid but unspectacular.

Regarding the second point, Chiarelli has stated many times before that he likes to have some cap space to work with during the season, as you never know what's going to arise. In that sense it's a "salary dump" but this isn't a Thornton-esque deal. Kobasew's an expendable player. Not as expendable as, say, Hnidy or Bitz were last year, but still expendable nonetheless.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby buconvict on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:01 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Have you ever watched Wides play? Judging from your constant ripping on him, I'm going to go with no. He is probably a top 20 defenseman in the NHL. Boyes is probably a top 20 forward in the league. Read any hockey writer and it's pretty much consensus that the trade was a win-win. Boyes fit the Blues open system and Wides fits Juliens defensive minded system. Please enlighten me as to why Wides is such a bad player aside from adding "FUCKING" to his middle name.

I'm going to assume the same with Aaron Ward. He's not that good anymore and Morris, who is better than Ward and has been adept on the PP, is a lot better.

I like Dennis Wideman. I just don't think that trading a guy who scored 40 goals last season for a 2nd line defenseman is a good trade. Frankly, I can't imagine anyone in the world would think that.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:32 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

My point is that trading Kobasew isn't selling the farm. If they traded ANY of the top 6 I'd be angry but Kobasew is a pretty replaceable player. Solid but unspectacular.

Regarding the second point, Chiarelli has stated many times before that he likes to have some cap space to work with during the season, as you never know what's going to arise. In that sense it's a "salary dump" but this isn't a Thornton-esque deal. Kobasew's an expendable player. Not as expendable as, say, Hnidy or Bitz were last year, but still expendable nonetheless.

Kobasew himself wouldn't be cause for alarm, but Kobasew after Kessel is. I wonder who's next.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:23 pm

No it's not. Kobasew's been rumored to be leaving for a while now due to his contract. Literally nothing surprised me about this trade. You guys are putting waaaay too much weight on the importance, or lack thereof, of Kobasew's contributions. He's a fringe PP guy and isn't on the PK.

FYI, the most likely to get traded again is Ference. I would say Sturm but he has a no movement clause.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby ryfarls on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:05 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Have you ever watched Wides play? Judging from your constant ripping on him, I'm going to go with no. He is probably a top 20 defenseman in the NHL. Boyes is probably a top 20 forward in the league. Read any hockey writer and it's pretty much consensus that the trade was a win-win. Boyes fit the Blues open system and Wides fits Juliens defensive minded system. Please enlighten me as to why Wides is such a bad player aside from adding "FUCKING" to his middle name.

I like Dennis Wideman. I just don't think that trading a guy who scored 40 goals last season for a 2nd line defenseman is a good trade. Frankly, I can't imagine anyone in the world would think that.

Brad boyes
gp g a p +-
2006-07 BOS 62 13 21 34 -17
2006-07 STL 19 4 8 12 0
2007-08 STL 82 43 22 65 1
2008-09 STL 82 33 39 72 -20

look at boyes' stat line in his last season with boston. he wasnt exactly lighting it up then. he didnt fit well in juliens system. Boyes' -20 last year isnt that appealing either. Wideman has easily been our 2nd best defenseman behind chara. hes been solid defensively and probably even better than chara at making the outlet passes out of the zone. its clearly been a win win for both the teams and the players.
ryfarls
Carney Hall

Postby ryfarls on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:08 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:

Brad boyes
gp g a p +-
2006-07 BOS 62 13 21 34 -17
2006-07 STL 19 4 8 12 0
2007-08 STL 82 43 22 65 1
2008-09 STL 82 33 39 72 -20

look at boyes' stat line in his last season with boston. he wasnt exactly lighting it up then. he didnt fit well in juliens system. Boyes' -20 last year isnt that appealing either. Wideman has easily been our 2nd best defenseman behind chara. hes been solid defensively and probably even better than chara at making the outlet passes out of the zone. its clearly been a win win for both the teams and the players.
ryfarls
Carney Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:46 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:No it's not. Kobasew's been rumored to be leaving for a while now due to his contract. Literally nothing surprised me about this trade. You guys are putting waaaay too much weight on the importance, or lack thereof, of Kobasew's contributions. He's a fringe PP guy and isn't on the PK.

FYI, the most likely to get traded again is Ference. I would say Sturm but he has a no movement clause.

When you dump contributing players for future draft picks, it's called a fire sale. I can't wait to see the huge trade deadline moves this front office is going to make. Ilya Kovalchuk probably already has his bags packed for Boston.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:14 pm

You apparently missed the trade where the Bruins picked up 25-year old Dan Paille for a 3rd round pick and a conditional 4th. Are you guys fine now. Paille is basically Kobasew Lite. And he's off the books next year. Are the B's still in fire sale mode?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:25 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:You apparently missed the trade where the Bruins picked up 25-year old Dan Paille for a 3rd round pick and a conditional 4th. Are you guys fine now. Paille is basically Kobasew Lite. And he's off the books next year. Are the B's still in fire sale mode?

I didn't miss it. Yes, they're still in fire sale mode unless Paille is going to make up for all the goals they've traded away so far.

And I love how after tearing down BC guy Chuck Kobasew throughout this thread, you tell me that everything is okay because they traded for "Kobasew Lite".
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:53 am

Having Savard and Lucic injured long-term certainly isn't going to help the cause.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:15 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:You apparently missed the trade where the Bruins picked up 25-year old Dan Paille for a 3rd round pick and a conditional 4th. Are you guys fine now. Paille is basically Kobasew Lite. And he's off the books next year. Are the B's still in fire sale mode?

I didn't miss it. Yes, they're still in fire sale mode unless Paille is going to make up for all the goals they've traded away so far.

And I love how after tearing down BC guy Chuck Kobasew throughout this thread, you tell me that everything is okay because they traded for "Kobasew Lite".

I could care less that Kobasew went to BC when discussing this trade. I hope Kobasew does well but ultimately it's about me wanting the Bruins to do well. I cheer for the laundry and just because some player went to BC doesn't mean that he should be touted as something more than he is. Same reason I have no problem with the Eaves buyout. Eaves is always injured and, frankly, just sucks now. I hope he does well in Detroit but he was nowhere near worth his contract.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Next

Return to Kelley Rink