Moss

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Moss

Postby branchinator on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Philly still doesn't have anybody to run between the tackles. They'll look great in Sept & October but will fade as soon as the weather gets worse. And Andy Reid will have about 50 clock management mistakes along the way.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:10 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:Philly still doesn't have anybody to run between the tackles. They'll look great in Sept & October but will fade as soon as the weather gets worse. And Andy Reid will have about 50 clock management mistakes along the way.

Maybe, but we kicked ass in July.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:11 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:Philly still doesn't have anybody to run between the tackles. They'll look great in Sept & October but will fade as soon as the weather gets worse. And Andy Reid will have about 50 clock management mistakes along the way.

Sure did. Glad that you stole Nnamdi away from Sir Chubbs a Lot.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:59 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I'm have some difficulty commenting on the obesity of another teams coach because of:

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:13 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I'm have some difficulty commenting on the obesity of another teams coach because of:

At least you can still comment on opposing coaches' offspring.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:20 pm

bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:30 am

The Jets released Jerricho Crotchety yesterday.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:48 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:The Jets released Jerricho Crotchety yesterday.

Not happy about it.

On a team with large personalities & larger mouths he was the constant professional. He just kept his mouth shut and played all out for the team -just look at the diving catch he made after tearing his groin on the same play. He was also a Pats killer over the years.

But apparently he wanted to be a starter (which I think he would be as Plax isn't ready yet), my guess is he goes to SD to reunite with Rivers as they are looking for a WR after losing Floyd.

Edit: I'm not sure how healthy he really is coming off back surgery and a torn groin.
Last edited by claver2010 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:50 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:The Jets released Jerricho Crotchety yesterday.

Not happy about it.

On a team with large personalities & larger mouths he was the constant professional. He just kept his mouth shut and played all out for the team -just look at the diving catch he made after tearing his groin on the same play. He was also a Pats killer over the years.

But apparently he wanted to be a starter (which I think he would be as Plax isn't ready yet), my guess is he goes to SD to reunite with Rivers as they are looking for a WR after losing Floyd.

It's probably obligatory to note that the Jets have more cap space than they did yesterday. And, I agree, he's a good receiver. It seems like every times the Pats and Jets play, he catches a TD.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:56 am

I just opened this thread. Can someone get CAG riled up about the Jets again? I love his little brother complex.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:57 am

I can't stop listening to this song. It's hilariously bad and catchy at the same time. Perhaps this new obsession has something to do with my recent pooping problem.

*I still hate Meriweather as a player.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:02 am

Blocked at work, but is that "VIP" by Brandon Meriweather? Ridiculously catchy, despite the low quality and rapping talent.

"We here to pop bottles, not to get an old lady!"
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:16 pm

bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:33 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Yeah, there must have been some sort of a blow-up, because this just doesn't make sense. The Pats need the weapons this year, because they're just going to have to outscore people sometimes. As a Bills fan, I can say that any team that we put up 30 on has some serious defensive deficiencies. (Although 7 of those were on special teams, still...)

The Pats D always gets much better as the year goes on, but yeah, this defense is young and stupid, though potentially dominant down the road. They need to score points.

The Pats defense is not going to get better this year. It's full of morons like Meriweather who are more concerned with SportsCenter than winning.

Trading Randy Moss for a mid round draft pick reeks of the "we're smarter than you!" arrogance that the Pats have been displaying the last 3 years. Same with the Richard Seymour deal. They won't keep either draft pick ultimately as they'll trade down, pick up some back up scrub, and they'll be out of the league in 4 years.

The continued downfall of the Patriots...gotta love it.

This might be my favorite thread of all time.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:37 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Yeah, there must have been some sort of a blow-up, because this just doesn't make sense. The Pats need the weapons this year, because they're just going to have to outscore people sometimes. As a Bills fan, I can say that any team that we put up 30 on has some serious defensive deficiencies. (Although 7 of those were on special teams, still...)

The Pats D always gets much better as the year goes on, but yeah, this defense is young and stupid, though potentially dominant down the road. They need to score points.

The Pats defense is not going to get better this year. It's full of morons like Meriweather who are more concerned with SportsCenter than winning.

Trading Randy Moss for a mid round draft pick reeks of the "we're smarter than you!" arrogance that the Pats have been displaying the last 3 years. Same with the Richard Seymour deal. They won't keep either draft pick ultimately as they'll trade down, pick up some back up scrub, and they'll be out of the league in 4 years.

This is fucking retarded. They really sucked last year after losing Seymour. He would've made a HUUUUGGGEEE difference in the Ravens playoff game where the LB corps was exposed for the frauds that they are. Just an FYI, they did trade down from 7 to 10. Sadly, that picked only yielded the porous Jerod Mayo. His trades in the draft last year have only yielded a starting CB, the starting punter and placeholder, the team's leading receiver, and a promising MLB. What a piece of shit! He SUCKS!!!

They're getting younger all around. This year is more or less a transition year, especially with all of the injuries on the defensive side of the ball. And they'll still probably make the playoffs. Continued downfall indeed.

Right. Because Jerod Mayo has clearly matched and greatly exceeded that rookie season he had and not regressed right? Further, the Pats drafting has been average AT BEST in the past 5 years. Butler is useless, Brace is a bust, Chung is a special teams player, Wheatley is a bust, and Meriweather is highly overrated. That's 5 of their 7 1st/2nd round draft picks since 2007 (not including rookies, because it's too early to tell, though promising). The won't bother using the Raiders 1st round pick that everyone is so excited about because it doesn't give them "good value", so they'll package it with their own and trade down for 4 mid round picks, maybe 1 of which will work out.

They'll be lucky to make the playoffs this year and going forward.

DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:53 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This is my favorite thread on this board.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:21 pm

You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:40 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This is fucking retarded. They really sucked last year after losing Seymour. He would've made a HUUUUGGGEEE difference in the Ravens playoff game where the LB corps was exposed for the frauds that they are. Just an FYI, they did trade down from 7 to 10. Sadly, that picked only yielded the porous Jerod Mayo. His trades in the draft last year have only yielded a starting CB, the starting punter and placeholder, the team's leading receiver, and a promising MLB. What a piece of shit! He SUCKS!!!

They're getting younger all around. This year is more or less a transition year, especially with all of the injuries on the defensive side of the ball. And they'll still probably make the playoffs. Continued downfall indeed.

Right. Because Jerod Mayo has clearly matched and greatly exceeded that rookie season he had and not regressed right? Further, the Pats drafting has been average AT BEST in the past 5 years. Butler is useless, Brace is a bust, Chung is a special teams player, Wheatley is a bust, and Meriweather is highly overrated. That's 5 of their 7 1st/2nd round draft picks since 2007 (not including rookies, because it's too early to tell, though promising). The won't bother using the Raiders 1st round pick that everyone is so excited about because it doesn't give them "good value", so they'll package it with their own and trade down for 4 mid round picks, maybe 1 of which will work out.

As the years pass by, many of the things said
In this thread look increasingly foolish...
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:41 am

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

As the years pass by, many of the things said
In this thread look increasingly foolish...

The Chung part is my favorite. Guy was fucking balls for the Pats. And I'm just happy they draft raped the Raiders for the sheer enjoyment of HJS squirming.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:43 pm

This post really has not aged well.

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby EagleDave on Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:29 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:This post really has not aged well.

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Pretty much everything but the last sentence was actually right on. They've drafted much better the last couple of years, which has resulted in them being a much better team.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:20 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Since this post:

2010 - Made playoffs
2011 - Made playoffs, lost in SuperBowl
2012 - Made playoffs
2013 - Made Playoffs
2014 - Made playoffs, won SuperBowl
2015 - Made playoffs
2016 - Made playoffs, won SuperBowl
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:00 pm

This relentless vendetta by Dr. Jack is one of my favorite shticks on the board.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:54 pm

I didn't know Mike Felger posted under the pseudonym EagleDave.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:31 pm

"The won't bother using the Raiders 1st round pick that everyone is so excited about because it doesn't give them "good value", so they'll package it with their own and trade down for 4 mid round picks, maybe 1 of which will work out."

With the pick obtained for Richard Seymour, the Patriots drafted Tackle Nate Solder #17 overall.

Solder has started 81 out of 84 possible games since being drafted and has two SuperBowl championships.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:26 am

NARRATOR: They did make the playoffs that year, and the subsequent seven seasons - winning the AFC East Division every time.

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Last edited by DrJackRyan on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:37 am

that's some deep sea search function fishing
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BostonCollege1 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:04 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I didn't know Mike Felger posted under the pseudonym EagleDave.

I missed this little gem of a post. :kudos
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:19 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Since this post:
2010 - Made playoffs
2012 - Made playoffs
2013 - Made Playoffs
2015 - Made playoffs
2017 - Made playoffs, lost SuperBowl

Also
Record 2001-2009 (prior to this post)
107-37

Record 2010-2017 (since this post)
102-26

Considering Brady missed 11 wins in 2008 and 3 in 2017 that means that Tom Brady has more wins as starting Patriots QB after this post than before it. (99 to 96).
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:46 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Since this post, the Patriots have won as many SuperBowls (3) as they had won prior to this post and have been to the playoffs more often (8 years vs 9). There was actually no "downfall" whatsoever.

Since this post:
2010 - Made playoffs
2012 - Made playoffs
2013 - Made Playoffs
2015 - Made playoffs
2017 - Made playoffs, lost SuperBowl
2018 - Made Playoffs, won SuperBowl

Great job by BC Guy Brian Flores. Hopefully the team can add a BC guy in the off season.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium