Patriots Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Patriots Weirdos

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:59 pm

Pretty wild offseason for the Pats already. Looks like they're cashing in those late draft picks. If Haynesworth gets his act together that could be a beastly DLine. Someone on Toucher and Rich this morning dubbed it the "Beef Curtain".

I just saw they're getting Ochocino too. He's lost a step, but they only need him to be a #2 receiver so he could thrive in that role.
Last edited by Endless Mike on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Re: Haynesworth and Ochocinco to the Patriots

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:04 pm

P and S would anyone be surprised if they ended up cutting Haynesworth before the season started?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:15 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Pretty wild offseason for the Pats already. Looks like they're cashing in those late draft picks. If Haynesworth gets his act together that could be a beastly DLine. Someone on Toucher and Rich this morning dubbed it the "Beef Curtain".

I just saw they're getting Ochocino too. He's lost a step, but they only need him to be a #2 receiver so he could thrive in that role.

Lost a step, but playing receiver in an offense led by Tom Brady, he might wind up with the best single season numbers of his career.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:11 am

Haynesworth's big problems in Washington were that he didn't want to play in the 3-4 or play for a demanding coach. Wait a second...

I think 85 is shot but he's always wanted to play for Belichick.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby branchinator on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:26 am

Patriots go to a 4-3 defense about half of the time. Ocho can still run the intermediate routes effectively and it's not like the Patriots need him to be a 1,000 yard receiver.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:32 am

Haynesworth is a low risk, high reward move. I question whether or not Belichick (and Wilfork) will get him to buy into the "Patriot Way," but if he does then the Pats will have two D-linemen that command a double-team, and that will give the LBs opportunity to create pressure. My prediction - Haynesworth is one-and-done with the Pats. He's already given the finger to one Hall of Fame coach, I don't know why people think the tiger will change his stripes this time.

Ochocinco adds depth to the Pats receiving corps. That, the late picks Cincy wanted in return, and his willingness to restructure his contract make this a no-brainer. But his play hasn't backed up his bravado in four years now, and a lot of Patriots fans haven't gotten that memo. He will not fill the void left by Randy Moss. I still think the Pats need Brandon Tate to break out this year. I think they'd really like him to be starting by December, it would be good for the long term fortunes of the club. Then again, you can argue it doesn't matter who is catching the ball as long as TB is throwing it, so maybe this whole paragraph is a waste of space.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:38 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Haynesworth is a low risk, high reward move. I question whether or not Belichick (and Wilfork) will get him to buy into the "Patriot Way," but if he does then the Pats will have two D-linemen that command a double-team, and that will give the LBs opportunity to create pressure. My prediction - Haynesworth is one-and-done with the Pats. He's already given the finger to one Hall of Fame coach, I don't know why people think the tiger will change his stripes this time.

Ochocinco adds depth to the Pats receiving corps. That, the late picks Cincy wanted in return, and his willingness to restructure his contract make this a no-brainer. But his play hasn't backed up his bravado in four years now, and a lot of Patriots fans haven't gotten that memo. He will not fill the void left by Randy Moss. I still think the Pats need Brandon Tate to break out this year. I think they'd really like him to be starting by December, it would be good for the long term fortunes of the club. Then again, you can argue it doesn't matter who is catching the ball as long as TB is throwing it, so maybe this whole paragraph is a waste of space.

It's ok, it's the offseason.

Edit: my non-snark response to these moves.

As DGF said, Haynesworth is the typical low risk high reward move. If it doesn't work they can just cut him.

I still think Ocho is shot.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:46 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Haynesworth's big problems in Washington were that he didn't want to play in the 3-4 or play for a demanding coach. Wait a second...

His multiple arrests were a problem too. I love the Ochocinco get but hate the Haynesworth get. Btw, the Pats only ran the 3-4 about half the time last year.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:54 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Haynesworth's big problems in Washington were that he didn't want to play in the 3-4 or play for a demanding coach. Wait a second...

His multiple arrests were a problem too. I love the Ochocinco get but hate the Haynesworth get. Btw, the Pats only ran the 3-4 about half the time last year.

And Haynesworth didn't want to play nose in the 3-4. IIRC the guy the Pats already have at that position is decent.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:03 am

I'd love the Haynesworth move if I was a Pats fan. Shanahan may be a hall of famer, but he a) had Dan Snyder fucking up his shit all the time; and B) is not really a good coach. I think Belichick will be able to get him to buy in for at least a year, then after a superbowl loss to the Vince Young led Philadelphia Eagles he will go back to his sexual assaults and DUIs.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:06 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I'd love the Haynesworth move if I was a Pats fan. Shanahan may be a hall of famer, but he a) had Dan Snyder fucking up his shit all the time; and B) is not really a good coach. I think Belichick will be able to get him to buy in for at least a year, then after a superbowl loss to the Vince Young led Philadelphia Eagles he will go back to his sexual assaults and DUIs.

The problem with Haynesworth is that he's such a terrible human being. I don't want him within 500 miles of the Patriots or the city of Boston. I hope I'm not the one that gets assaulted by him.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:16 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I'd love the Haynesworth move if I was a Pats fan. Shanahan may be a hall of famer, but he a) had Dan Snyder fucking up his shit all the time; and B) is not really a good coach. I think Belichick will be able to get him to buy in for at least a year, then after a superbowl loss to the Vince Young led Philadelphia Eagles he will go back to his sexual assaults and DUIs.

The problem with Haynesworth is that he's such a terrible human being. I don't want him within 500 miles of the Patriots or the city of Boston. I hope I'm not the one that gets assaulted by him.

So long as you're not a waitress and don't complain about his driving habits you're probably safe.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:17 am

I like the Haynesworth move - they gave up so little, there's a chance they get him in line and he and Wilfork wreck shit this year. But if not, no big deal, you cut him.

I don't like the ochocinco move as much, but I may be proven wrong - maybe when he has Brady throwing to him he puts up big numbers.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:23 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

So long as you're not a waitress and don't complain about his driving habits you're probably safe.

Even if Haynesworth defies every past indicator and doesn't self-destruct either on the field or off the field, he's the type of guy that I'll have to hold my nose while rooting for. I'm not an old person nor do I think I'm morally superior, but I don't think I can ephasize how bad a guy Haynesworth is. He makes Corey Dillon look like a choir boy. Moss, as merely an on-the-field malcontent, doesn't even figure into the conversation. He did all this shit within a two year period. It doesn't even include all the shit he did in Knoxville and Nashville. Self-destruction seems like the inevitably of all inevitabilities. I think I'm rooting for it to happen during training camp to get it over with early.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc- ... _blog.html
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:32 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Even if Haynesworth defies every past indicator and doesn't self-destruct either on the field or off the field, he's the type of guy that I'll have to hold my nose while rooting for. I'm not an old person nor do I think I'm morally superior, but I don't think I can ephasize how bad a guy Haynesworth is. He makes Corey Dillon look like a choir boy. Moss, as merely an on-the-field malcontent, doesn't even figure into the conversation. He did all this shit within a two year period. It doesn't even include all the shit he did in Knoxville and Nashville. Self-destruction seems like the inevitably of all inevitabilities. I think I'm rooting for it to happen during training camp to get it over with early.

Ha #6 is a sound defense! I see an acquittal. Also I know what having a dirtbag player on your team is like:

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:38 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I see an acquittal.

I'm no law-talking guy, but I think you mean "case desmithed."
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:39 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Ha #6 is a sound defense! I see an acquittal. Also I know what having a dirtbag player on your team is like:

Well you'd be hard pressed to find a football team that doesn't have dirtbags but yours trumps them all. He's one of the few people in the league I enjoy seeing him get hit and hope he doesn't get up.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:43 am

Have to weigh in here.

The Pats got him as an absolute steal. It's a no-brainer...if not for the douchebaggery. But if anyone can get him in line, it's Bill. That being said, one point that has yet to be brought up is that Haynesworth has only ever played 16 games once (pretty sure). And even at his peak, I believe he wasn't even playing 60% of the defensive snaps. He's notoriously out of shape and goes right to the media with any problems (perceived or real). Best of luck.
Last edited by pick6pedro on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:43 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Well you'd be hard pressed to find a football team that doesn't have dirtbags but yours trumps them all. He's one of the few people in the league I enjoy seeing him get hit and hope he doesn't get up.

But... he rehabilitated himself!! He's gone like 2 whole years without killing any dogs at all (maybe)! and he's had to put up with millions of dollars and playing a game for a living! He's like Martin Luther King and Jesus rolled together into one guy!
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:45 am

People that hurt/kill humans are worst than people that hurt/kill animals. There, I said it.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:46 am

Aaron Hernandez just made himself some serious dough.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:46 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:People that hurt/kill humans are worst than people that hurt/kill animals. There, I said it.

Oversimplification. For example Vick's shit > Donte Stallworth's shit
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:47 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:People that hurt/kill humans are worst than people that hurt/kill animals. There, I said it.

Oversimplification. For example Vick's shit > Donte Stallworth's shit

My real point is that Ray Lewis, if he indeed killed that guy (I'd handicap it at about 50/50), is the worst in the NFL. Haynesworth is probably in the same league as Vick, and the fact that he's such a dick on the field too might give him the edge.

I think I just took this thread in a fun direction.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Dirtywater on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:48 am

The Pats ought to assign number 84 to Ochocinco just to break his balls and test his dedication.
Dirtywater
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:51 am

Dirtywater {l Wrote}:The Pats ought to assign number 84 to Ochocinco just to break his balls and test his dedication.

Then be like "psych!" after a week or so.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:36 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

I mean, you can probably apply this to every single NFL team out there. The NFL, nay professional sports, is full of dirtbags.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby branchinator on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:34 am

It'll be interesting when the Pats play the Jets. Haynesworth and Sanchez can compare notes on their sexual assault strategies.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:48 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

I remember 1996 when the Pats drafted Christian Peter from Nebraska in their 5th round. Then Myra vetoed that move. Do you think Mr Kraft was only able to give the thumbs up here because Myra just passed?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:51 am

+5
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:54 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

+5

posting solely that you are giving karma (half of IBs posts) will now garner a negative hit from me.

and nick is right...vick may be a bastard, but the brew-ha-ha over his treatment of animals and the non-circus surrounding far worse crimes just shows how our mickey mouse society has mixed up its priorities.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium