Congratulations 81

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Congratulations 81

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:46 am

I am glad that I was otherwise occupied last night. This thread and most of the threads blow.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HustlinOwl on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:46 am

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:Well, that makes me sad. It truly does. I will leave you all be now. Good luck and go Eagles. Too bad. I just don't have any bad feelings toward anyone on this board. To me, it was all in good fun.
Best to all of you.

Campion's got things for you to do! And talon wants you. I know he does. 81! COME BACK!!!
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:19 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:Some gags work, some don't. I created several "Hales" that really bit the bag. So what? Two days ago Talon pulled a really stupid gag in which the African Americans on the football team suddenly had gold lips, all in an attempt to get everyone to believe that BC was going to wear all gold uniforms this week. Was it a good gag? No. Did it fool a few people? Sure. But it takes 3 or 7 bad gags to get a good one sometime. That's the way it goes.

I did find it rather funny that some guys got all righteously indignant that 81 said that he hasn't been to a game since 1992. Who cares? Most alumni don't go to games. I bet there are other posters or at least regular lurkers who haven't been to a game in years and years. Who cares? Just like guys who get incensed at whalepants not standing up or not coming into the stadium until the second quarter or kids in silly yellow undershirts. Who cares? Come in late, stay home, wear yellow, don't wear yellow, stand up, sit down, make noise, tell people to STFU, do whatever you want. It makes no difference to me.

Am I always in my seat at kickoff? Yeah. But that's because I enjoy the game. I like the anticipation and tension that builds 10 minutes before the game. I also really like to hear "Sweep Down the Field!" But many of the people who have sat around us for 10 or 20 years would rather talk and eat outside and then make their way in. As long as they are having fun, and not telline me how to have fun, who cares?

The Nazis would have loved the "color and pageantry" and the desire for lock step behavior that IS big time college football. In 82 when I first went to Clemson they had CHEERING PRACTICE 30 minutes before the game. Over 1/2 of the stadium was filled with people PRACTICING cheers. I think that it would be cool if everyone totally ignored ESPN tomorrow and left them alone on the dustbowl. Why? Because it would be different. But that's just me. If people want to go up there and wave in front of a TV camera for 2 hours, who cares? Or if they don't, who cares?

There are many more BC alumni who care about BC football and who haven't been to a game in 15 years than there are people who do go to games. That's just a fact. Who cares? Pour me a large whiskey, give me some turkey and pomeray mustard on a fresh roll, and pray that it doesn't rain. Everyone doesn;'t have to like turkey and whiskey.

But you are a fool if you don't.

I agree that some gags work and some do not. The funny thing about 81 is that his so called "gags" were not gags at all. They were just stupid ramblings of a guy posing as a self-important jerk. The one "gag" that he thought was so great was posing as a guy asking for directions. There was nothing funny about it, yet he went on and on about how he pulled one over on talon. Anyone who falls for his BS fails.

p.s. - he is not a "Gasson level donor"

I will answer this one to bring closure AC, anyone of note, that I know, does not splat their name out there so they called by every charity in the world. I sponsor two schloarships at my former high school in my parents names for example. At BC. see below. think what you want. I think my wife grabbed the checkkbok and wrote $1k or something like that in the last year or two as an extra and we had a discussion about that. The guy I'm flying up to Minny with is a significant owner of the Vikes. The guy donates millions. You won't see his name much if at all. Google it and see. Talon, can find the guys name I'm sure. Maybe you are too young to understand how most people do this that have some $ My friend, the head of Corp. Finance at Goldman has donated millions and you won't see his name anywhere as well. The guys at Goldman pool their money into one big gift each year from the firm. They don't want to be bothered by a zillion calls for donations from others. BC doesn't sell lists thank God but charities do go on the site just like you did. So, here you go idiot or neophite--I'm not sure which you are. Goodbye and good luck. Go Eagles.

EDIT: I also have a sig. chunk in my will for BC.

Our Commitment to Your Privacy
The information you share with the Boston College Fund when you make a gift is confidential. If you decide at any time that you do not want your name included in the Boston College Fund Honor Roll, please e-mail bcfund@bc.edu or call us toll-free at 888-752-6438. Be sure to tell us your full name and class year.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:25 am

Is 81 taking his ball and going home? 81, you're better than that.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCFAN94 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:46 am

campion {l Wrote}:... who cares?... who cares?... Who cares? ...

Exactly! It's supposed to be fun. College football is a package deal and the game is only a part of it. Some like the band, some like the party, some like the cheer leaders and yes some even like the football.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:49 am

campion {l Wrote}:Some gags work, some don't. I created several "Hales" that really bit the bag. So what? Two days ago Talon pulled a really stupid gag in which the African Americans on the football team suddenly had gold lips, all in an attempt to get everyone to believe that BC was going to wear all gold uniforms this week. Was it a good gag? No. Did it fool a few people? Sure. But it takes 3 or 7 bad gags to get a good one sometime. That's the way it goes.

I did find it rather funny that some guys got all righteously indignant that 81 said that he hasn't been to a game since 1992. Who cares? Most alumni don't go to games. I bet there are other posters or at least regular lurkers who haven't been to a game in years and years. Who cares? Just like guys who get incensed at whalepants not standing up or not coming into the stadium until the second quarter or kids in silly yellow undershirts. Who cares? Come in late, stay home, wear yellow, don't wear yellow, stand up, sit down, make noise, tell people to STFU, do whatever you want. It makes no difference to me.

Am I always in my seat at kickoff? Yeah. But that's because I enjoy the game. I like the anticipation and tension that builds 10 minutes before the game. I also really like to hear "Sweep Down the Field!" But many of the people who have sat around us for 10 or 20 years would rather talk and eat outside and then make their way in. As long as they are having fun, and not telline me how to have fun, who cares?

The Nazis would have loved the "color and pageantry" and the desire for lock step behavior that IS big time college football. In 82 when I first went to Clemson they had CHEERING PRACTICE 30 minutes before the game. Over 1/2 of the stadium was filled with people PRACTICING cheers. I think that it would be cool if everyone totally ignored ESPN tomorrow and left them alone on the dustbowl. Why? Because it would be different. But that's just me. If people want to go up there and wave in front of a TV camera for 2 hours, who cares? Or if they don't, who cares?

There are many more BC alumni who care about BC football and who haven't been to a game in 15 years than there are people who do go to games. That's just a fact. Who cares? Pour me a large whiskey, give me some turkey and pomeray mustard on a fresh roll, and pray that it doesn't rain. Everyone doesn;'t have to like turkey and whiskey.

But you are a fool if you don't.

The last time I combined turkey and whiskey it was not pretty: Image
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:58 am

With all of 81's talk of the "gags" that he has pulled, he overlooked the fact that the MTBSC can drive anyone to insanity. THAT'S the real gag.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby BigPete on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:06 am

I avoid this guy's posts cause they are boring, but I have to wonder having caught up on the past 36 hours of nonsense this morning, does he finish with a 'Wow what a t t t tewwiffic audience' a-la Jimmy Palmer from South Park every time he 'pulls a gag?'
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:02 pm

BigPete {l Wrote}:I avoid this guy's posts cause they are boring, but I have to wonder having caught up on the past 36 hours of nonsense this morning, does he finish with a 'Wow what a t t t tewwiffic audience' a-la Jimmy Palmer from South Park every time he 'pulls a gag?'

Stop. I won't stand for you insulting the comic genius of Jimmy Palmer by putting him in the same breath as 1981Eagle.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:23 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
BigPete {l Wrote}:I avoid this guy's posts cause they are boring, but I have to wonder having caught up on the past 36 hours of nonsense this morning, does he finish with a 'Wow what a t t t tewwiffic audience' a-la Jimmy Palmer from South Park every time he 'pulls a gag?'

Stop. I won't stand for you insulting the comic genius of Jimmy Palmer by putting him in the same breath as 1981Eagle.

81 could not have come up with the fish sticks joke, even with ample assistance from eric cartman(and more likely would have been forced to kill carlos mencia at some point due to his frustrations in not understanding its meaning)

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BigPete on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:25 pm

I understand he rolls with an enormous sack of cash procured through dealings with a religious-themed group of robots.
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:28 pm

BigPete {l Wrote}:I understand he rolls with an enormous sack of cash procured through dealings with a religious-themed group of robots.

religious themed robots like this(I'm admittedly slow on the uptake here)

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:30 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Is 81 taking his ball and going home? 81, you're better than that.

That's right, Cincinnatus-- 81 is better than that. This threat to quit the board is all part of the next "gag" that will "get" Talon.

irregardless, these weekly meltdowns are getting fairly :lame. talk about a guy that tries too hard.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby buconvict on Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:11 pm

Campion loves 81 almost as much as he loves saying 'baby rapists', which is coincidentally 81's favorite word.

Just sayin'.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum