Moss

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Moss

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:43 pm

Does the trade rumor have legs? what are the pats thinking?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Re: Moss

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:02 pm

Wide receiver is one position the Pats actually have enough depth to trade, but the rest of their receivers won't be as effective without Moss drawing double coverage. What really frustrates me about this is that the trade would be for a couple of draft picks, which would then be traded for a couple of lower draft pics on draft day, and the players they draft would likely be cut in a few seasons.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:05 pm

It's gained traction -I thought it was a joke when I heard it.

I was going to post it last night how he really doesn't impress me and hasn't this year which has been surprising for me. First I've never liked him, but I thought he'd be playing hard this year because more so than other athletes he is motivated by the $$$. Now does this mean that they will trade Moss and then move for VJackson? Who is younger?

Not sure, doesn't make sense.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:35 pm

I dont think it makes complete sense either...but trading Richard Seymour didn't make sense...If the pats do trade him for a first rounder they would have 3 first round picks (Oakland's as well) that might be 3 picks in the top 25...including a top 10 pick...bill belicheck always thinking ahead...this still dosen't make sense and I doubt Brady would be on board...
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:56 pm

I thought this thread was going to be about fungus. Not sure whether or not I'm dissapointed.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:20 pm

Trading Moss makes no sense. Period. Trading Seymour made perfect sense.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:22 pm

I've never gotten this: They are talking about a 3rd round pick. How the hell is Randy Moss only worth a 3rd round pick (or 4th some years ago)? He has years left in him, not just a year.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:22 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Trading Moss makes no sense. Period. Trading Seymour made perfect sense.

I agree with you. However, I really don't think they'd trade Moss unless he forced their hand. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:25 pm

Seymour yielded what will be a top 10 pick. You don't get that for a WR.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:40 pm

I wonder if they will go after Jackson or believe Tate can be the HR threat...I mean after Welker it will be Edleman/Hernandez/Tate...this is really interesting though...
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:45 pm

The only reason that this conversation is even possible is because Hernandez is a truly excellent receiver (in fact, the team's leading receiver at this point).
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:56 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Trading Moss makes no sense. Period. Trading Seymour made perfect sense.

I agree with you. However, I really don't think they'd trade Moss unless he forced their hand. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

Retards like Gary Tangauy stirring shit up like usual. My guess is the Pats have talked with the Vikings as in one called the other to inquire based off of some stuff and then the Boston media added 1 and 1 to get 4 and ran with it.

Edit: Not to say a deal is impossible, I'm more talking about the HUGE CONFRONTATION OMGZZZZZ!!!! between Belichick and Moss.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:07 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Retards like Gary Tangauy stirring shit up like usual. My guess is the Pats have talked with the Vikings as in one called the other to inquire based off of some stuff and then the Boston media added 1 and 1 to get 4 and ran with it.

Edit: Not to say a deal is impossible, I'm more talking about the HUGE CONFRONTATION OMGZZZZZ!!!! between Belichick and Moss.

Boston media didn't break it, and it isn't just a rumor...Jay Glazer did and Schefter/Mort have confirmed they are getting close. Peter King thinks it's going to happen.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:12 pm

Peter King is dumber than shit. His last name could be Gammons. Still waiting for Larry Walker to the Red Sox.

This is a bunch of nonsense started by ESPN every 5 seconds in between not catching a ball.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:57 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Boston media didn't break it, and it isn't just a rumor...Jay Glazer did and Schefter/Mort have confirmed they are getting close. Peter King thinks it's going to happen.

Actually Bill Simmons did. And Gary Tanguay said that Moss and Belichick had a serious confrontation on Tuesday at the facility only to retract the story because Gary Tanguay remembered the extra chromosome he was born with.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:07 am

Adam Shefter is saying that Moss to the Vikings for a third round pick is happening this morning. I don't like this at all.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:09 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Adam Shefter is saying that Moss to the Vikings for a third round pick is happening this morning. I don't like this at all.

Im kind of crushed/shocked right now...I really want to hear what Brady has to say
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:10 am

Puerto Rico Eagle {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Adam Shefter is saying that Moss to the Vikings for a third round pick is happening this morning. I don't like this at all.

Im kind of crushed/shocked right now...I really want to hear what Brady has to say

Whatever Gisele tells him to say
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:27 am

Its official, my fantasy football team just updated.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:28 am

Is the Mankins for Vincent Jackson rumor plausible (knowing that 1 for 1 trades in the NFL are exceptionally rare)? Or, will the Pats just use the $$ to re-sign him?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:29 am

Again the only reason this makes sense is if they turn one of their many picks to Vincent Jackson -but like Moss, he doesn't fill the "Patriots Mold".

Given their recent trackrecord of drafting they'd be smart to turn it into a 27 year old go to WR.

Edit: And the part of the reason why Welker is Welker is becuase of the doubling that Moss receives
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:32 am

Obviously their hand was forced. Always had a hard time rooting for the guy.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:35 am

Just a dumb ass move, even if they swap Mankins for Jackson.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:40 am

Yeah, there must have been some sort of a blow-up, because this just doesn't make sense. The Pats need the weapons this year, because they're just going to have to outscore people sometimes. As a Bills fan, I can say that any team that we put up 30 on has some serious defensive deficiencies. (Although 7 of those were on special teams, still...)
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:42 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Yeah, there must have been some sort of a blow-up, because this just doesn't make sense. The Pats need the weapons this year, because they're just going to have to outscore people sometimes. As a Bills fan, I can say that any team that we put up 30 on has some serious defensive deficiencies. (Although 7 of those were on special teams, still...)

The Pats D always gets much better as the year goes on, but yeah, this defense is young and stupid, though potentially dominant down the road. They need to score points.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:33 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Yeah, there must have been some sort of a blow-up, because this just doesn't make sense. The Pats need the weapons this year, because they're just going to have to outscore people sometimes. As a Bills fan, I can say that any team that we put up 30 on has some serious defensive deficiencies. (Although 7 of those were on special teams, still...)

The Pats D always gets much better as the year goes on, but yeah, this defense is young and stupid, though potentially dominant down the road. They need to score points.

The Pats defense is not going to get better this year. It's full of morons like Meriweather who are more concerned with SportsCenter than winning.

Trading Randy Moss for a mid round draft pick reeks of the "we're smarter than you!" arrogance that the Pats have been displaying the last 3 years. Same with the Richard Seymour deal. They won't keep either draft pick ultimately as they'll trade down, pick up some back up scrub, and they'll be out of the league in 4 years.

The continued downfall of the Patriots...gotta love it.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby branchinator on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:35 am

So, now the Patriots have the following picks:

1: Raiders
1: Patriots
2: Panthers
2: Patriots
3: Patriots
3: Vikings
4: Broncos
4: Patriots

Yippee.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:43 am

It's just ridiculous that they only get a 3rd round, heck they got a 4th round for Mulroney who shouldn't even be in the NFL. This will be a dream come true for Favre, who has pined for Moss for years.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby branchinator on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:48 am

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:It's just ridiculous that they only get a 3rd round, heck they got a 4th round for Mulroney who shouldn't even be in the NFL. This will be a dream come true for Favre, who has pined for Moss for years.

Of course Mulrooney shouldn't be in the NFL. He plays for BC, silly!
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:04 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

The Pats defense is not going to get better this year. It's full of morons like Meriweather who are more concerned with SportsCenter than winning.

Trading Randy Moss for a mid round draft pick reeks of the "we're smarter than you!" arrogance that the Pats have been displaying the last 3 years. Same with the Richard Seymour deal. They won't keep either draft pick ultimately as they'll trade down, pick up some back up scrub, and they'll be out of the league in 4 years.

The continued downfall of the Patriots...gotta love it.

This is fucking retarded. They really sucked last year after losing Seymour. He would've made a HUUUUGGGEEE difference in the Ravens playoff game where the LB corps was exposed for the frauds that they are. Just an FYI, they did trade down from 7 to 10. Sadly, that picked only yielded the porous Jerod Mayo. His trades in the draft last year have only yielded a starting CB, the starting punter and placeholder, the team's leading receiver, and a promising MLB. What a piece of shit! He SUCKS!!!

They're getting younger all around. This year is more or less a transition year, especially with all of the injuries on the defensive side of the ball. And they'll still probably make the playoffs. Continued downfall indeed.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium