New Commit for 2011

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

New Commit for 2011

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:05 pm

He's young so I imagine he would be our 7th Dman for next year
With Samuelson leaving you knew BC would grab another
Teammate of Destry Straight which will help adjustment to college life.

http://www.thenownews.com/sports/Good+news+creates+hole+Express+fill/4682568/story.html

Good news creates new hole for Express to fill

By Dan Olson, Coquitlam NOW April 27, 2011 8:02 AM

Another piece of good news for the Coquitlam Express leads to another job opening.

With last week's announcement of Mark Begert's commitment to Boston College, the B.C. Hockey League team now has an unexpected hole on defence.

The 17-year-old West Vancouver native took a few months to get comfortable in the Express lineup, but by Christmas he took a huge step and was a major contributor.

And college scouts were taking note.

"It's a pleasant surprise and we're happy for Mark," Coquitlam general manager/president Darcy Rota said. "We thought he'd be back with us for another season but we also knew Boston College had interest, and that Mark had interest."

Rota notes that losing another player to a college scholarship -- making it six players on NCAA Div. I deals -- is a mark of a successful franchise, and one that will only help when it comes to recruiting the next crop of players.

However, it also puts pressure on the coaching staff to step up in other areas to build a squad that can come together quickly and compete in the ultra-tough Coastal Conference.

"When kids and parents look at where they want to go [in the BCHL], a big factor is what organization can help them take the next step. We think this sends a strong message that Coquitlam is competitive with the top teams in the league in that aspect," said Rota.

And while losing the five-foot-11 Begert a year earlier than expected was a surprise, the club still has a larger veteran core than last season.

They recently added defenceman Clinton Atkinson, along with the rights to forward Cody Michelle, as part of the Brad Reid trade. Other possible returnees to the blueline are Cole Gelley, Matthew Hutchinson and Cody Castro. A year ago, new head coach Jon Calvano was staring at an empty cupboard when it came to the defence.

"We've got some tough decisions to make going forward but we have some good building blocks," Rota noted.

Begert slowly gained confidence as the season got rolling, and didn't register his first point until almost at the midway point. But within a span of two weeks he put up most of his 11 points in Kevin Bieksa-like fashion.

He will be joined at Boston College by sniper Destry Straight, who led all rookies in the BCHL in scoring and was ranked 82nd overall among North American skaters last month by NHL Central Scouting for the upcoming 2011 NHL entry draft.

They will host their 2011 prospect camp at the Burnaby Winter Club this weekend with a full complement of 168 kids, including 24 goalies, coming from as far away as Alaska and California, with a large contingent from the B.C. Major Midget League and local junior B circuits.

Calvano earlier organized a bantam-aged camp that drew 80 players and featured seminars for both players and parents. The camp also got visits from Express alumni and current Florida Panther Mike Santorelli and the father of Tyler McNeely, another grad who finished his college career at Northeastern University a month ago and recently signed with the New York Islanders.

The club will also be participating in an elite bantam prospect camp being run by former NHLPA president and College Hockey INC director Paul Kelly in Langley.

Rota added the club had pinpointed a handful of top talents in their recruiting battles and hope to have a couple signed when cards are available in late May.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: New Commit for 2011

Postby RedBaron67 on Sun May 15, 2011 7:17 pm

We now have another late commit for 2011, under rather odd circumstances. Danny Linell (5-8, forward, Choate Academy) committed to Harvard in November 2009, but recently found out that Harvard's admissions office had waitlisted him. He decommitted from Harvard and, after contacting a number of Boston schools (he said in an earlier interview that he really likes Boston), just committed to BC. It's good news, but the business with the Harvard admissions office seems weird; does anyone know more about it?

It's also noteworthy that Mark Begert's teammate Destry Straight is now coming to BC with him this year, having previously been scheduled for 2012. I'm not sure whether this has to do with BC's early departures or Straight's prospective status in this year's NHL draft (he was Rookie of the Year in the BCHL). Again, does anyone have more information about this?
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby SeaCaptim on Sun May 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Regarding Straight, BC needs him this season, as we are short bodies up front. Straight was "open" to coming in this season, prior to Hayes, and co. heading to the Pros.
As for Linell, I do not have the foggiest idea what Harvard is doing, and it is not like they have never made exceptions for athletes over there. Glad BC gets him, as he is pretty highly rated and adds more speed to the lineup. He also has that 'lack of size" that will surely scare away the NHL scouts!
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Mon May 16, 2011 2:45 am

SeaCaptim {l Wrote}:Regarding Straight, BC needs him this season, as we are short bodies up front. Straight was "open" to coming in this season, prior to Hayes, and co. heading to the Pros.
As for Linell, I do not have the foggiest idea what Harvard is doing, and it is not like they have never made exceptions for athletes over there. Glad BC gets him, as he is pretty highly rated and adds more speed to the lineup. He also has that 'lack of size" that will surely scare away the NHL scouts!

With Straight and Linell both coming, BC's shortage of bodies up front appears to have disappeared (Begert having already shored up the back line). Having arrived at BC in such weird fashion, maybe Linell will augment his weirdness by becoming another undersized shrimp like Nathan Gerbe or Brian Gionta. It's also unusual (although perhaps merely coincidental) that, with MacLeod, Straight, and Begert, BC seems to be building a pipeline to British Columbia, a development almost bizarre to anyone who can recall the era of Snooks Kelley.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 16, 2011 7:43 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
SeaCaptim {l Wrote}:Regarding Straight, BC needs him this season, as we are short bodies up front. Straight was "open" to coming in this season, prior to Hayes, and co. heading to the Pros.

With Straight and Linell both coming, BC's shortage of bodies up front appears to have disappeared (Begert having already shored up the back line). Having arrived at BC in such weird fashion, maybe Linell will augment his weirdness by becoming another undersized shrimp like Nathan Gerbe or Brian Gionta. It's also unusual (although perhaps merely coincidental) that, with MacLeod, Straight, and Begert, BC seems to be building a pipeline to British Columbia, a development almost bizarre to anyone who can recall the era of Snooks Kelley.

Bizarre even under York. We've had a Canadian or 2 on the team recently, Bradford, Price, MacLeod but 2 in one class is more than we're used to.

Frankly they could be from Chile for all I care.

Welcome SeaCapTim.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby RedBaron67 on Mon May 16, 2011 5:48 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

Bizarre even under York. We've had a Canadian or 2 on the team recently, Bradford, Price, MacLeod but 2 in one class is more than we're used to.

Welcome SeaCapTim.

I don't think Chile is prime recruiting territory, but I appreciate the sentiment. BC has a 2013 recruit from Los Angeles, which is even more unlikely than British Columbia, so who knows what exotic recruiting ground will be next?
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 17, 2011 7:34 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

Welcome SeaCapTim.

I don't think Chile is prime recruiting territory, but I appreciate the sentiment. BC has a 2013 recruit from Los Angeles, which is even more unlikely than British Columbia, so who knows what exotic recruiting ground will be next?

Depends on what you're looking for ;)

Anyways the LA comment is interesting as it's been Parker who of late has really gone outside New England/Tri-State Area. He's always had a good amount of Canadians, Brothers Saponari (Georgia), Nicastro & Santana (California), Kraus (TX), etc...
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby RedBaron67 on Tue May 17, 2011 8:12 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

Welcome SeaCapTim.

Depends on what you're looking for ;)

Anyways the LA comment is interesting as it's been Parker who of late has really gone outside New England/Tri-State Area. He's always had a good amount of Canadians, Brothers Saponari (Georgia), Nicastro & Santana (California), Kraus (TX), etc...

Actually, I shouldn't have spoken so quickly. Doing some hockey research, I discovered that LA is becoming a hotbed of rising hockey talent. BC's 2013 commit from LA, Scott Savage, just made the USA U17 team. (Two other BC commits, Steve Santini and Brandon Shea, also made the team. BC's latest 2013 commit, Conor McGlynn, was invited to the team tryout but apparently didn't make the cut.)
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue May 17, 2011 8:34 am

This is the first generation of the "Gretzky Era" coming to fruition. There have actually been a fair amount of first rounders in the last handful of years from the LA/Orange County area and even further up north towards the San Francisco/San Jose area and the top level AAA and midget major teams from the surrounding areas are generally in some of the top teams in the country.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Fri May 27, 2011 11:19 am

The British Columbia pipeline continues to flow; BC's new 2013 recruit is Evan Richardson (center, Victoria Grizzlies), a highly rated prospect. I won't be surprised if he shows up in 2012 instead after being selected in the NHL draft.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby shockdoct on Fri May 27, 2011 11:20 pm

Based on Nugent-Hopkins current position as a consensus top 5 pick in the NHL draft this year..this is impressive.

Richardson opened eyes in 2009-10 when he led the BC Major Midget League in scoring with 35 goals and 38 assists as a 15-year-old, only one season after current Red Deer Rebels star Ryan Nugent-Hopkins led the league in scoring as a 15-year-old as well.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 31, 2011 7:33 am

Honestly Yorks 2012/2013 recruiting classes are not even funny and I'm not one who gets tied up in recruiting.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby RedBaron67 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:36 am

It seems that a lot of pieces are being moved around the board. Heisenberg's List reports that Peter McMullen, Michael Sit, and Quinn Smith, all forwards, have been moved from 2011 to 2012. I assume this has to do with Straight's shift to 2011 and the unexpected acquisition of Linnell; still, it seems like an unusual amount of change for players' class year.
Last edited by RedBaron67 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:06 pm

Brandon Shea is off to the Q and beautiful Moncton. He was the 13th pick in the draft and apparently Moncton traded up for him.

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/2011/07/21_report_recruit_shea_bypassing.php
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:15 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Brandon Shea is off to the Q and beautiful Moncton. He was the 13th pick in the draft and apparently Moncton traded up for him.

He's been telling York and his USHL team for weeks that he was almost assuredly staying in the US and that they were simply exploring all options in regards to Moncton, so this likely caught all off guard. I don't feel for BC so much as I feel for his USHL team. He's a tremendous prospect, but York can replace anyone, particularly with this amount of time to do so. The USHL team will have a harder time replacing him on much shorter notice.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:40 pm

He was going to the Developmental Team in Ann Arbor IIRC so, while it's a loss, it's not as big a loss as, say, a draftee.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:08 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Brandon Shea is off to the Q and beautiful Moncton. He was the 13th pick in the draft and apparently Moncton traded up for him.

He's been telling York and his USHL team for weeks that he was almost assuredly staying in the US and that they were simply exploring all options in regards to Moncton, so this likely caught all off guard. I don't feel for BC so much as I feel for his USHL team. He's a tremendous prospect, but York can replace anyone, particularly with this amount of time to do so. The USHL team will have a harder time replacing him on much shorter notice.

Weird situation all around.

Even after getting picked 1st round by Moncton he reaffirmed his desire to stay in the US but they wouldn't draft him that early (and that aggressively) if he wasn't coming.

Then you have his father being an alum.

Apparently a big time prospect but he's far off enough that I'm sure York will be able to fill the gaps.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:42 am

Here's the article on him leaving: http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/2011/07/21_report_recruit_shea_bypassing.php

Prized prospect Brandon Shea, a 16-year-old center from Marshfield, Mass., will join the Moncton Wildcats of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League this season, New England Hockey Journal confirmed Tuesday night, and will forgo a roster spot with the U.S. National Team Development Program and a Boston College scholarship.

“He’s going,” said a source with direct knowledge of the situation.

Speculation had swirled since Moncton made an aggressive move by trading a 2012 first-round choice and second- and sixth-round picks in June’s QMJHL draft to obtain the 13th selection in the first round to draft Shea. American players are rarely drafted that high because of the uncertainty of their reporting, especially with a player like Shea who had high-end commitments. Considering that, and Moncton’s heavy investment, the speculation had added credibility.

Shea has both skill and size at 6-foot-2 and 200 pounds, and he just turned 16. As a freshman at Noble and Greenough, he had 34 points in 27 games on 16 goals and 18 assists. The year before as an eighth-grader, Shea had 11-12-23 numbers.

He was offered, and accepted, a roster spot with the NTDP before the Final 40 camp began in March. He committed to Boston College last June for the fall of 2014.

Adding another layer to the decision-making process is the fact that Brandon’s father, Neil, played at BC in the 1980s and has remained a prominent figure as a scout for the Colorado Avalanche, and a coach in the South Shore Kings and Dynamos programs.

That Shea was selected in the Q draft was no surprise, but that Moncton had such interest to draft him so highly and pursue him so vigorously was a surprise, sources said.

“I went to Boston for a week during the season and watched him play,” Moncton head coach and director of hockey operations Danny Flynn told the Moncton Times and Transcript after the Q draft. “He's an exceptional player. He's a big, strong, intelligent two-way center. He's got skill and hockey sense. He's similar to (National Hockey League centers) James Sheppard and Eric Staal in terms of style of play.

“He played in leagues the past couple of years where he was the youngest player and more than held his own. Inside his own age group he's been a dominant player.”

Moncton finished ninth overall in last year’s 18-team league and lost its first-round playoff series, 4-1, to now-defunct Lewiston, the eighth-seed.

Shea’s move comes on the heels of other high-profile American players making, or close to making, the move to major junior.

Locally, BU lost a commitment from defenseman Anthony DeAngelo, 15, the youngest player ever to play in the USHL, when the OHL’s Sarnia Sting drafted him and then signed him earlier this month.

BU may also lose out on forward Adam Erne (North Branford, Conn.), 16, who had 10 goals and 28 points this past season for the Indiana Ice in the USHL. Erne was drafted in the second round of the Q draft, 22nd overall, by Halifax, but his rights have since been traded to Quebec for two first-round picks and a second-rounder.

French-language Quebec newspaper Le Soleil on July 12 quoted Quebec owner and general manager Patrick Roy as saying Erne was coming to the Remparts, but nothing has been made official yet.

Forward and Ohio native J.T. Miller, the New York Rangers’ first-round pick after two years with the NTDP, is widely reported to be joining the OHL’s Plymouth Whalers, but that also has not been made official.

Both the QMJHL and Moncton Wildcats have made renewed efforts to recruit American players.

Starting with next year’s draft, all Q teams will be required to select two Americans. The league is also exploring conducting seminars in New England featuring on- and off-ice sessions to promote itself as College Hockey, Inc., has done in Canada. Flynn has been a big proponent of doing so and in combatting the perception that educational opportunities are lacking in the Q.

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby RedBaron67 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:01 pm

Another late recruiting coup for BC, this time fallout from the Northeastern disaster in the form of a brother act from New Jersey, John and Matt Gaudreau, both forwards. John, the older (USHL Rookie of the Year and 4th round Calgary Flames draft pick), will arrive this fall; Matt (drafted by USHL Omaha Lancers) will follow in either 2012 or 2013 -- reports conflict on that point. After decommitting from NU and taking a whirlwind tour of UVM, UNH, BU, and BC, both brothers announced today on Twitter that they've chosen BC -- very much like Danny LInnell. I don't know how York and his staff keep doing this -- I just wish they could bottle it and give some to the football and basketball programs.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby garf112 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:48 pm

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:Another late recruiting coup for BC, this time fallout from the Northeastern disaster in the form of a brother act from New Jersey, John and Matt Gaudreau, both forwards. John, the older (USHL Rookie of the Year and 4th round Calgary Flames draft pick), will arrive this fall; Matt (drafted by USHL Omaha Lancers) will follow in either 2012 or 2013 -- reports conflict on that point. After decommitting from NU and taking a whirlwind tour of UVM, UNH, BU, and BC, both brothers announced today on Twitter that they've chosen BC -- very much like Danny LInnell. I don't know how York and his staff keep doing this -- I just wish they could bottle it and give some to the football and basketball programs.

I saw these two play this summer. John is legit. Looks like a 14 year old, but is extremely quick, skilled and can flat out score. Matt isn't quite as fast, yet, but will have a bigger body. I am extremely excited about both of them ending up at BC.
garf112
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:54 pm

Brandon Shea has left Montcon after less than a season, with his college eligibility burned at 16

http://sports.yahoo.com/juniorhockey/blog/buzzing_the_net/post/qmjhl-first-rounder-brandon-shea-bolts-from-wildcats?urn=juniorhockey,wp7691

Mon Feb 27 08:00pm EST

QMJHL: First-rounder Brandon Shea bolts from Wildcats
By Neate Sager
When Brandon Shea passed on Boston College to head to the Moncton Wildcats, it was hailed as a great leap forward for the QMJHL's recruitment in New England.

It turns the retention part has hit a snag, to put it ever so mildly. Within the past 24 hours, Shea, the 6-foot-2, 200-pound centre from Marshfield, Mass., whom the Wildcats took with a first-round pick that cost them three draft choices to acquire (including a likely top 10 pick this June), has left the Wildcats and gone home. At this writing, his name is no longer even on the Wildcats' roster on the QMJHL website. It is not the end of the world for the promising 16-year-old, who would have this off-season to land with a new team where he can showcase his skills for the NHL draft in 2013.

Shea, son of NHL scout Neil Shea, had appeared in only two 'Cats games since Feb. 1. He had three goals and 10 points in 45 games in the midst of a season where Moncton coach Danny Flynn seemed to relying heavily on older forwards such as overage Marek Hrivik and twins Alex and Allain Saulnier to scratch out points. There's a lot of theorizing at this point, but Kevin Forbes said it came down to how Shea was used. Or not used.

#QMJHL news: 2013 draft eligible Brandon Shea has reportedly left the Moncton Wildcats and gone home. Apparently dissatisfied with icetime.

— Kevin Forbes (@kforbesy) February 27, 2012

Last summer, Flynn said recruiting players of Shea's background, " ... would also be great for our league. The Eastern U.S. market is an area that as a league we're trying to make in-roads to try and get more American kids to play in our league."

Whatever the reason, it didn't, and now the question becomes how to salvage it. With his NCAA option burned, Shea's best bet is likely to see if a trade can be worked over the summer.

The other high-profile newcomer from south of the border, Quebec Remparts power winger Adam Erne, has had a hugely successful rookie year. Erne is third among 1995-born players in scoring with 25 goals and 52 points in 57 games, trailing only first overall pick Nathan MacKinnon of Halifax and his Quebec teammate Anthony Duclair.

The differences there could be that (a) Erne arrived with more experience after spending last season in the USHL and (b) Quebec had a younger lineup. The Remparts' intention all along has been to contend without compromising the development of the players in the 1994 and '95 cohort. (Quebec has three of the league's top six rookie scorers, including Mikhail Grigorenko.) Moncton's situation might not have allowed for that, especially after they moved out star defenceman Brandon Gormley and had to play more kitty-bar-the-door to keep their heads above the water.

A call to Flynn was not immediately returned.

Looks like the parents made a smart choice :roll: :roll:
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby RedBaron67 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:01 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Brandon Shea has left Montcon after less than a season, with his college eligibility burned at 16

http://sports.yahoo.com/juniorhockey/blog/buzzing_the_net/post/qmjhl-first-rounder-brandon-shea-bolts-from-wildcats?urn=juniorhockey,wp7691

Mon Feb 27 08:00pm EST

QMJHL: First-rounder Brandon Shea bolts from Wildcats
By Neate Sager
When Brandon Shea passed on Boston College to head to the Moncton Wildcats, it was hailed as a great leap forward for the QMJHL's recruitment in New England.

It turns the retention part has hit a snag, to put it ever so mildly. Within the past 24 hours, Shea, the 6-foot-2, 200-pound centre from Marshfield, Mass., whom the Wildcats took with a first-round pick that cost them three draft choices to acquire (including a likely top 10 pick this June), has left the Wildcats and gone home. At this writing, his name is no longer even on the Wildcats' roster on the QMJHL website. It is not the end of the world for the promising 16-year-old, who would have this off-season to land with a new team where he can showcase his skills for the NHL draft in 2013.

Shea, son of NHL scout Neil Shea, had appeared in only two 'Cats games since Feb. 1. He had three goals and 10 points in 45 games in the midst of a season where Moncton coach Danny Flynn seemed to relying heavily on older forwards such as overage Marek Hrivik and twins Alex and Allain Saulnier to scratch out points. There's a lot of theorizing at this point, but Kevin Forbes said it came down to how Shea was used. Or not used.

#QMJHL news: 2013 draft eligible Brandon Shea has reportedly left the Moncton Wildcats and gone home. Apparently dissatisfied with icetime.

— Kevin Forbes (@kforbesy) February 27, 2012

Last summer, Flynn said recruiting players of Shea's background, " ... would also be great for our league. The Eastern U.S. market is an area that as a league we're trying to make in-roads to try and get more American kids to play in our league."

Whatever the reason, it didn't, and now the question becomes how to salvage it. With his NCAA option burned, Shea's best bet is likely to see if a trade can be worked over the summer.

The other high-profile newcomer from south of the border, Quebec Remparts power winger Adam Erne, has had a hugely successful rookie year. Erne is third among 1995-born players in scoring with 25 goals and 52 points in 57 games, trailing only first overall pick Nathan MacKinnon of Halifax and his Quebec teammate Anthony Duclair.

The differences there could be that (a) Erne arrived with more experience after spending last season in the USHL and (b) Quebec had a younger lineup. The Remparts' intention all along has been to contend without compromising the development of the players in the 1994 and '95 cohort. (Quebec has three of the league's top six rookie scorers, including Mikhail Grigorenko.) Moncton's situation might not have allowed for that, especially after they moved out star defenceman Brandon Gormley and had to play more kitty-bar-the-door to keep their heads above the water.

A call to Flynn was not immediately returned.

Looks like the parents made a smart choice :roll: :roll:

Undoubtedly, Shea's poor choice will make a useful talking point with future prospects.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:19 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Looks like the parents made a smart choice :roll: :roll:

Undoubtedly, Shea's poor choice will make a useful talking point with future prospects.

Exactly. This article should be shown to any kid who is 15/16 and is thinking of going north. Now he's 16 years old and a lot of doors have been shut on him already for what? A quick buck?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:58 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

Exactly. This article should be shown to any kid who is 15/16 and is thinking of going north. Now he's 16 years old and a lot of doors have been shut on him already for what? A quick buck?

He's a 16 year old 6'2" 200 lbs defenseman. There are going to be a lot more doors that will open up for him.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby garf112 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:29 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

He's a 16 year old 6'2" 200 lbs defenseman. There are going to be a lot more doors that will open up for him.

He is a center... but the above still holds as long as he can find a team to play for.
garf112
Carney Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:03 pm

garf112 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:

He is a center... but the above still holds as long as he can find a team to play for.

If he doesn't go to the OHL, I know Dubuque of the USHL (no pay) still holds his rights from when he was toying with college, and they are still interested in bringing him in.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Return to Kelley Rink