French Canadians are the biggest pussies in the world!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: French Canadians are the biggest pussies in the world!

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:32 pm

finally an entertaining post.

nonetheless, go eat a croissant.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:58 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:There is entirely too much gold in this thread for me to let it go any longer. In the interest of full disclosure, I am of Quebecois descent (my great grandfather was the last one born in QC) and a Habs fan. I didn't expect the Habs to win last night because they're a smaller team, against a much bigger team, at the tail end of a brutal series on away ice the night after the previous game. The winning goal was actually decent, as OT goals go, it was the third one that was a real shot to the nuts - Price cannot give up that rebound in front of the net. Horrifying. But what can you say, the Habs needed to get just a little bit more out of everybody and they didn't.

There. Now, on to stereotypes!

First, I don't hate the Bruins. It's sort of funny the way they all get whipped up about shit, and that banner or two they have hanging in the rafters is so cute. It's like, a real hockey team and everything! Nor do I hate Boston, even though in every conceivable category, it is inferior to Montreal. I know, I know, wah wah wah I hate the Quebecois and their awful accents and their even worse driving, you're such a pussy, Tonto, go eat a croissant - look, Quebec is notoriously hostile and xenophobic, but they're also a conquered people walled in by enemies and hillbillies (aka the Atlantic territories - kind of like Canada's West Virginia), surrendered by their countrymen (the real French, who chose their Caribbean holdings over the province), abandoned by anyone with options (note the alarming amount of Quebecois names in this country, stretching from Det-wah to Boston) and left alone with their loathsome lack of prospects and the perception that a bunch of Nigels to the west are hellbent on systematically stripping them of language, culture, and identity, what do you expect? The short of it is that you can go lock lips with Brenda in the Bruins shirt from the south Shore and her little pet ozone hole that follows her skyscraping hair products around, or you can eat poutine while getting blown by some office temp from Laval in the passenger seat of her Datsun, a girl that would be a ten in Boston is a 6 (at best) in Montreal, a something you do to kill the time between when the bars close and Tim Hortons opens.

But no, nothing will ever change your minds. You're Boston and you hate New York, you hate Montreal, people from Quebec are the same thing as people from France, and on, and on; in the words of the literary critic who is quoted on the back of my Chekhov short story collection, 'you live poorly, my friends'.

I like Montreal. Whether I can distinguish between the French and the French-Canadians depends on my level of inebriation.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby angryty on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:10 pm

Sorry Elvii, hockey was my third sport a certain CHL franchise thought enough of my talent to take me in the bantam draft--Logitano can confirm the same--although admittedly, I suspect it was more for my size then talent. Was there a CHL franchise coming to your games to scout you? Please, do tell!

The irony is that I have much more sympathy for the style played by the Bruins then the Habs but I also recognize that you do what you have to do to win. Is diving distasteful? Sure. But then again, so is gooning it up or God forbid clogging up the works with the left wing lock like so many teams did during the 90s. In stark contrast to a talentless fanboy like Elvii I can objectively admit that tactics I would never engage in myself are effective and are sometimes the best option available for a team trying to win. And let me commit a bit of blasphemey here by saying Brian Gionta took a few dives during his career at BC. It wasn't epedemic like the rubes from UNH or BU would have you believe, but there were a bunch of times where he sold it to the refs and you know what? Thank fucking God. He was a heady player and he did what he had to do to give BC an edge. The comments of the BU fans and UNH fans were hypocritical considering the antics of the Little Lumberjack, Darren Haydar or the flopping of a plethora of underachiveing Terriers and so is the ranting of the sad Easterbrook accolyte.

I'll second all of Tonto's thoughts. Montreal, even in its admittedly dissipated state, is a near world class city. Boston is a third-rate provincial backwater that is 100 years past its prime. Baltimore with horrific accents and without any of the gastronomical charm.

I bet you go to B's games wearing a fucking jersey.
angryty
McGuinn Hall

Postby EagleDave on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:31 pm

Fact: Boston sucks. And I live here...

Having said that, there are literally dozens of other cities that I would live in before Montreal.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:47 pm

angryty {l Wrote}:Sorry Elvii, hockey was my third sport a certain CHL franchise thought enough of my talent to take me in the bantam draft--Logitano can confirm the same--although admittedly, I suspect it was more for my size then talent. Was there a CHL franchise coming to your games to scout you? Please, do tell!

The irony is that I have much more sympathy for the style played by the Bruins then the Habs but I also recognize that you do what you have to do to win. Is diving distasteful? Sure. But then again, so is gooning it up or God forbid clogging up the works with the left wing lock like so many teams did during the 90s. In stark contrast to a talentless fanboy like Elvii I can objectively admit that tactics I would never engage in myself are effective and are sometimes the best option available for a team trying to win. And let me commit a bit of blasphemey here by saying Brian Gionta took a few dives during his career at BC. It wasn't epedemic like the rubes from UNH or BU would have you believe, but there were a bunch of times where he sold it to the refs and you know what? Thank fucking God. He was a heady player and he did what he had to do to give BC an edge. The comments of the BU fans and UNH fans were hypocritical considering the antics of the Little Lumberjack, Darren Haydar or the flopping of a plethora of underachiveing Terriers and so is the ranting of the sad Easterbrook accolyte.

I'll second all of Tonto's thoughts. Montreal, even in its admittedly dissipated state, is a near world class city. Boston is a third-rate provincial backwater that is 100 years past its prime. Baltimore with horrific accents and without any of the gastronomical charm.

I bet you go to B's games wearing a fucking jersey.

I had opportunities to play for some Junior B teams out of high school. I'm not a retard and realized I didn't have much of a future in hockey so I went to school. Then I played club hockey for four years. Nothing special but I was a solid defensive defenseman that didn't play PP but played every other situation. I don't know what your point is in proclaiming your skills but I guess you needed to stroke your ego and play Internet tough guy because you are clearly overcompensating for something else that's lacking. Congratulations to you on that one, I guess. I imagine you are now one of those douchebag men's league heroes that still think the scouts are in the stands. Keep living the dream Bombay.

Your argument boils down to it helps you win so you do it and they've always done it in the past so its okay. It's hard to follow your arguments because you throw out random anecdotes for whatever reason that don't really support an argument and is just words. I've never argued that these tactics are ineffective. The Habs clearly demonstrated that it was, especially if you have a PP as powerful as Montreal's. That doesn't change the fact that it's a bitch move, which is what I am arguing. Once again, you have no idea what my point is and you have instead decided to rant and rave about something. Your schtick has become quite predictable and funny in a sad kind of way. I can't wait until you wish ass cancer on me and death to my non-existent wife and kids.

And hockey jerseys look retarded on people if you aren't on the ice.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby EagleDave on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:48 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Keep living the dream Bombay.

This gets a +2 because Mighty Ducks was on TV the other day...yes I watched.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby bosa90 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:38 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:There is entirely too much gold in this thread for me to let it go any longer. In the interest of full disclosure, I am of Quebecois descent (my great grandfather was the last one born in QC) and a Habs fan. I didn't expect the Habs to win last night because they're a smaller team, against a much bigger team, at the tail end of a brutal series on away ice the night after the previous game. The winning goal was actually decent, as OT goals go, it was the third one that was a real shot to the nuts - Price cannot give up that rebound in front of the net. Horrifying. But what can you say, the Habs needed to get just a little bit more out of everybody and they didn't.

First, I don't hate the Bruins. It's sort of funny the way they all get whipped up about shit, and that banner or two they have hanging in the rafters is so cute. It's like, a real hockey team and everything! Nor do I hate Boston, even though in every conceivable category, it is inferior to Montreal. I know, I know, wah wah wah I hate the Quebecois and their awful accents and their even worse driving, you're such a pussy, Tonto, go eat a croissant - look, Quebec is notoriously hostile and xenophobic, but they're also a conquered people walled in by enemies and hillbillies (aka the Atlantic territories - kind of like Canada's West Virginia), surrendered by their countrymen (the real French, who chose their Caribbean holdings over the province), abandoned by anyone with options (note the alarming amount of Quebecois names in this country, stretching from Det-wah to Boston) and left alone with their loathsome lack of prospects and the perception that a bunch of Nigels to the west are hellbent on systematically stripping them of language, culture, and identity, what do you expect? The short of it is that you can go lock lips with Brenda in the Bruins shirt from the south Shore and her little pet ozone hole that follows her skyscraping hair products around, or you can eat poutine while getting blown by some office temp from Laval in the passenger seat of her Datsun, a girl that would be a ten in Boston is a 6 (at best) in Montreal, a something you do to kill the time between when the bars close and Tim Hortons opens.

But no, nothing will ever change your minds. You're Boston and you hate New York, you hate Montreal, people from Quebec are the same thing as people from France, and on, and on; in the words of the literary critic who is quoted on the back of my Chekhov short story collection, 'you live poorly, my friends'.

It's really weird to be here in late April, but I saw the headline about French Canadians and I couldn't resist checking things out.

First, great post Tonto - and dead on.

Second, you suck regalbeagle, and you always have.

Trois - Montreal has more talent than any city in the free world. Quebec City isn't too far behind.
bosa90
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:33 am

I love Montreal. I also like New York. Any American who doesn't sucks. That says, this is a poor Tonto effort.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:49 am

I went to Montreal for New Year's. First time I'd been since I was like 10. I had a good time, definitely wouldn't mind going back although I doubt I'll go for New Year's Eve again (the entire town and especially our hotel, the Cantlie, was completely overrun with HS kids from Mass and upstate NY--amusing for about the first 15 minutes we were there but got old quick). Ended up shacking up for the night with a very attractive indianed 40-year-old cougar with massive gazongas, who paid for a room at my hotel (I was staying with 4 friends so couldn't really go to my room) because she still lived with her ex. Didn't catch her name, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Gupta and I don't recall her mentioning any relatives in Florida. Fun times.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:59 am

bosa90 {l Wrote}:

It's really weird to be here in late April, but I saw the headline about French Canadians and I couldn't resist checking things out.

Trois - Montreal has more talent than any city in the free world. Quebec City isn't too far behind.

First off, Pussa, who are you and do you stalk me? I don't believe I've ever interacted with you let alone read one of your posts. Second, are you a frog? Ribbit, Ribbit.

Perhaps French Canadian Women have nice pussies, that I won't deny, but that certainly means my title should have been "French Canadian Men are Pussies." That much is true. They are a deplorable, arrogant, cheap, wimpy, distasteful brand of human being. The fans of their hockey team turn over cars and loot businesses after simple first round series wins. They clog up 911 after a hockey hit. They act like the world is about to end when one of their players dives/fakes/acts yet cheer vehemently when one of their beloved players enacts some type of cheapshot on an opponent. They are of French Descent, which by nature indicates they encompass every detail of pussy-dom that I listed above.

Now, I can't for certain say that every single one of you is this "pussy." I'm sure some of you do not encompass these qualities or stereotypes, and in fact probably shun them. Those of you that argue Boston Sucks try to lump us in with Sully from Southie. Did you ever see Sullie from Southie heading off to class? No, it's a stupid comparison. Sullie from Southie sucks, and Bruins fans/Mass residents/BC alums on this forum are not that guy. Also, you guys mocking Boston crack me up since you chose to go to school here. Apparently you like to shit where you eat. As much as I dislike NY Fans and Dislike Frogs, I respect their cities. Same with Chicago. Boston is a great city - up there with some of the best in the country. To say otherwise is simply an extension of your anti-Boston Sports Agenda.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:17 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
bosa90 {l Wrote}:

First off, Pussa, who are you and do you stalk me? I don't believe I've ever interacted with you let alone read one of your posts. Second, are you a frog? Ribbit, Ribbit.

Perhaps French Canadian Women have nice pussies, that I won't deny, but that certainly means my title should have been "French Canadian Men are Pussies." That much is true. They are a deplorable, arrogant, cheap, wimpy, distasteful brand of human being. The fans of their hockey team turn over cars and loot businesses after simple first round series wins. They clog up 911 after a hockey hit. They act like the world is about to end when one of their players dives/fakes/acts yet cheer vehemently when one of their beloved players enacts some type of cheapshot on an opponent. They are of French Descent, which by nature indicates they encompass every detail of pussy-dom that I listed above.

Now, I can't for certain say that every single one of you is this "pussy." I'm sure some of you do not encompass these qualities or stereotypes, and in fact probably shun them. Those of you that argue Boston Sucks try to lump us in with Sully from Southie. Did you ever see Sullie from Southie heading off to class? No, it's a stupid comparison. Sullie from Southie sucks, and Bruins fans/Mass residents/BC alums on this forum are not that guy. Also, you guys mocking Boston crack me up since you chose to go to school here. Apparently you like to shit where you eat. As much as I dislike NY Fans and Dislike Frogs, I respect their cities. Same with Chicago. Boston is a great city - up there with some of the best in the country. To say otherwise is simply an extension of your anti-Boston Sports Agenda.

Sully from Southie is no worse than Sal from Morris Park/Staten Island/Bayonne. Every city has working-class sports fans that are obnoxious as hell; it's a sign of a passionate sports city. At least there's a good chance Sully is a BC Hockey fan. That being said, in terms of deplorably, Michelle from the Repentigny is about as bad as it gets for the reasons you mention above.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:54 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
bosa90 {l Wrote}:

Sully from Southie is no worse than Sal from Morris Park/Staten Island/Bayonne. Every city has working-class sports fans that are obnoxious as hell; it's a sign of a passionate sports city. At least there's a good chance Sully is a BC Hockey fan. That being said, in terms of deplorably, Michelle from the Repentigny is about as bad as it gets for the reasons you mention above.

Whoa whoa whoa, your average unemployed kenso is significantly worse than sullie from southie, Sal from Morris Park/Staten Island/Bayonne, or Michelle from the Repentigny could ever hope to be. the snowballs at santa thing is repetitive and overblown, but we do in fact have the largest and most extreme subhuman fanbase population. Our river ward population is like a little piece of urban appalacia.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:03 am

This is a wikipedia photo of Kensington:

Truth be told, it looks a little bit like Downtown Framingham, except the people aren't Brazilian. It also looks like much of New Jersey.

PS: Congrats
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:04 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:This is a wikipedia photo of Kensington:

Truth be told, it looks a little bit like Downtown Framingham, except the people aren't Brazilian. It also looks like much of New Jersey.

thats an extremely flattering photograph
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:07 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

What's a good stereotypical name for a person from Kenzo?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:46 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

What's a good stereotypical name for a person from Kenzo?

artie.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:30 pm

It will be weird that Boston won't playing the frogs in the first round of the playoffs this year. 2010 (Buffalo in the first round) didn't feel quite right and neither will this year. The only consolation will be that the likely opponent will be Ottawa, who is at least partially French, and who has been second only to Toronto in their ability to bring out the Bruins' best.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Kelley Rink