As Resident Hockey Weirdo (SUPPORTING STUDENTS to DETROIT)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

As Resident Hockey Weirdo (SUPPORTING STUDENTS to DETROIT)

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:55 pm

There is a group of students heading out to Detroit. While BC is partially subsidizing some of the tickets (50 of them will cost $94.50 -a little Herzy karma?) it will still be a very expensive trip. Despite four years of my roomates, Miss Claver2010, my core group & I going to 90 games this trip will probably be too much for us.

This group is attempting to raise some funds that will be equally divided amongst the kids (there are about 30 of them going). Some of these kids include posters on the Nexus, TZS, & TOS and those of the posters on here who know them can vouch that these people are BC Guys & Girls.

I understand that times are tough (at least that's what my butler's butler tells him, who tells me -I don't interact with such lowlives :ugeek: ) and every discretionary dollar is valuable, but I'm certain that these people will be extremely grateful for any support whatsoever.

Here's the Group: http://frozenfour2010.chipin.com/bc-student-frozen-four-trip

Here's the Thread on TOS: http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1312&tid=141597487&mid=141597487&sid=1007&style=2

Note: This is not self-promotion as I am not in this group but feel that this is an effort worth supporting.

Thanks a lot guys.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: As Resident Hockey Weirdo....

Postby shockdoct on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 pm

While we are stretched quite thin with the EO Club renovations, this a cause worth giving money as I have many fond memories from my road trips to BC sporting events.

With the skinner news and the frozen four berth, this is shaping up to be the 2nd most popular day ever on this site (by number of page impressions). So in thanking all the people who make this board great, all of the nexus ad dollars this week go to the students. Even if you are unable to give cash you can give another way...
:shock
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:39 am

What a week..

In total there are 72 users online :: 24 registered, 3 hidden and 45 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:43 am

shockdoct {l Wrote}:While we are stretched quite thin with the EO Club renovations, this a cause worth giving money as I have many fond memories from my road trips to BC sporting events.

With the skinner news and the frozen four berth, this is shaping up to be the 2nd most popular day ever on this site (by number of page impressions). So in thanking all the people who make this board great, all of the nexus ad dollars this week go to the students. Even if you are unable to give cash you can give another way...

Thanks a lot :shock

:bowdown :bowdown :bowdown
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby shockdoct on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:05 am

broker the user record...
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:24 am

shockdoct {l Wrote}:broker the user record...

Amazing! I will be going to Detroit as part of the group, but I'm giving my share to someone who needs the extra few bucks to go....Thanks :shock you didn't have to do this, especially in your best week!! ALL HAIL :shock :shock

:bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:46 am

shockdoct {l Wrote}:While we are stretched quite thin with the EO Club renovations, this a cause worth giving money as I have many fond memories from my road trips to BC sporting events.

Thanks, shocker!
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:49 am

You kids need $50.00 send me your e-mail.

74 will expect it back in 20 years.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:00 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:You kids need $50.00 send me your e-mail.

74 will expect it back in 20 years.

If you donate to our cause I will give you 10 green karma for every dollar :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :tophat :tophat :tophat

And I will pay it forward when I'm a graduate when other undergrads are in need.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:12 am

SZ14--

If BC hires an assclown Head Coach at basketball or Joel and Ethan, the last time I post here for a long while will be the day after the final time you play the trumpet at a final BC game win or lose.

I will send the check to you.

74 only donates to Church Missionaries spreading the gospel and words of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ around the world and to our Church....and old, old, Nuns who beat the shit outta me so they can rub arthritic cream on their hands from smacking my hard head.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: As Resident Hockey Weirdo (SUPPORTING STUDENTS to DETROIT)

Postby shockdoct on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:55 pm

Made this a global announcement.

Everyone's support of the board this week is actually supporting the student's trip as well. Thanks to all registered users and visitors.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:25 pm

I urge everyone to help these guys out!!!! Hockey fans tend to be viewed as a fringe group, and these are diehard fans that live, sleep and eat BC hockey. Hockey might be the “unofficial” #3 sport on campus, despite NCAA Championships. Send Trumpet boy and crew to the Frozen Four in style, once I figure out my own plans I’ll see what I can come up with
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:36 pm

bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:I urge everyone to help these guys out!!!! Hockey fans tend to be viewed as a fringe group, and these are diehard fans that live, sleep and eat BC hockey. Hockey might be the “unofficial” #3 sport on campus, despite NCAA Championships. Send Trumpet boy and crew to the Frozen Four in style, once I figure out my own plans I’ll see what I can come up with

Thank you :)

Also, try and persuade Claver to go. Given the amount of donations we've received we're hoping that it's enough to help him afford to come.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:40 pm

Is this straight out pan-handling or am I missing something? You could at least sell candy bars or raffle tickets or something.

I think I'll put an ad for others to pay for my trip to Nantucket this summer.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:43 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:Is this straight out pan-handling or am I missing something? You could at least sell candy bars or raffle tickets or something.

You really don't see the difference between a 20 year old student who pays 50k a year for school trying to get out to a shithole to support his school (yes, I know it will also be for fun) asking for a little help and a 40ish year old man who makes a lot of money asking for money to go on vacation in Nantucket?

And I am not affiliated with this group in any way. But, I do think its great that they reached out to alumni/pike's peak and alumni were there to support them.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:06 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:Is this straight out pan-handling or am I missing something? You could at least sell candy bars or raffle tickets or something.

You really don't see the difference between a 20 year old student who pays 50k a year for school trying to get out to a shithole to support his school (yes, I know it will also be for fun) asking for a little help and a 40ish year old man who makes a lot of money asking for money to go on vacation in Nantucket?

And I am not affiliated with this group in any way. But, I do think its great that they reached out to alumni/pike's peak and alumni were there to support them.

I'm pretty impressed with the 20 year olds on the board who chose to pay 50k a year to attend the greatest University in the Galaxy rather than take what would likely be a full (or at least substantial) scholarship to their state school or another institution.

Not sure I would have had the cajones to do such a thing.
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:38 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

It's cheesy and if my kid did it I would tell him to get some self respect and kick him in the balls. These knuckle heads should be ashamed of themselves, begging money to go to a friggin hockey game that they can't afford to go to. Begging money for this is not my idea of what a BC Guy would do. Get a job friggin spoiled little brats!
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:49 pm

I am so glad that BCFAN94's "contributions" to this site helped donate $100 to the trip in the name of EagleOutsider.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:56 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:It's cheesy and if my kid did it I would tell him to get some self respect and kick him in the balls. These knuckle heads should be ashamed of themselves, begging money to go to a friggin hockey game that they can't afford to go to. Begging money for this is not my idea of what a BC Guy would do. Get a job friggin spoiled little brats!

So don't donate.
shockdoct {l Wrote}:I am so glad that BCFAN94's "contributions" to this site helped donate $100 to the trip in the name of EagleOutsider.

Thank you, Shocker! That's very generous of you. I know it's the ad dollars but it's very nice of you to do that.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:27 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:you need to thank :pickle

That would be pretty funny. :angrychicken
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:37 pm

Salzano14 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:It's cheesy and if my kid did it I would tell him to get some self respect and kick him in the balls. These knuckle heads should be ashamed of themselves, begging money to go to a friggin hockey game that they can't afford to go to. Begging money for this is not my idea of what a BC Guy would do. Get a job friggin spoiled little brats!

So don't donate.

Thanks, I'll be sure not to.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:26 pm

I’m assuming 94 is the guy handing out the negative points for wanting to support the students. I’m sure there’s no way a trip to Detroit to support the hockey team would be in the schools or students budget. No shame in these guys asking for help, everyone has college stories of crazy things you did because of being a student. We should support these guys in their support of OUR EAGLES. What happened to “For Here ALL ARE ONE”?
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:18 pm

bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:I’m assuming 94 is the guy handing out the negative points for wanting to support the students. I’m sure there’s no way a trip to Detroit to support the hockey team would be in the schools or students budget. No shame in these guys asking for help, everyone has college stories of crazy things you did because of being a student. We should support these guys in their support of OUR EAGLES. What happened to “For Here ALL ARE ONE”?

What ever happened to self respect and dignity? And if you look back after you graduate and say remember the crazy shit we did, yeah remember the time we panhandled money on the internet, your college life was pretty damn sad.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:28 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:I’m assuming 94 is the guy handing out the negative points for wanting to support the students. I’m sure there’s no way a trip to Detroit to support the hockey team would be in the schools or students budget. No shame in these guys asking for help, everyone has college stories of crazy things you did because of being a student. We should support these guys in their support of OUR EAGLES. What happened to “For Here ALL ARE ONE”?

What ever happened to self respect and dignity? And if you look back after you graduate and say remember the crazy shit we did, yeah remember the time we panhandled money on the internet, your college life was pretty damn sad.

Or maybe they might look back and say….. what a great college community/ alumni that care so much about the athletic program that they gave me a $$ hand to build memories of watching BC in the 2010 FF. Maybe they might return the favor and donate to the class of 2023. Not trying to pick a fight 94, but every supports the program, students and fans in different ways.
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:02 pm

bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

Or maybe they might look back and say….. what a great college community/ alumni that care so much about the athletic program that they gave me a $$ hand to build memories of watching BC in the 2010 FF. Maybe they might return the favor and donate to the class of 2023. Not trying to pick a fight 94, but every supports the program, students and fans in different ways.

Are you all the same band members who whine when you don't get free trips to bowl games?
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:11 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

Are you all the same band members who whine when you don't get free trips to bowl games?

These aren't band kids...they're already fully paid for. I still can't see what your big problem is with this.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:02 am

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:Thanks, I'll be sure not to.
Oh, but you did. :)
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:16 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

These aren't band kids...they're already fully paid for. I still can't see what your big problem is with this.

I just think it should be called what it is. It's scary that we have BC or any other college students ask for money from strangers so they can go on what amounts to a vacation trip, with an entitlement attitude. Then, they try to rationalize it as a legitimate request. A bum panhandling for a bottle of booze is more honorable than these guys. As a BC grad, I find It embarrassing. There are legitimate ways to raise money, usually they involve organizing and a little bit of work AND there are many, many better causes.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:19 am

Salzano14 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:Thanks, I'll be sure not to.
Oh, but you did. :)

Well, I hate to disappoint you but no, I didn't.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:32 am

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:

I just think it should be called what it is. It's scary that we have BC or any other college students ask for money from strangers so they can go on what amounts to a vacation trip, with an entitlement attitude. Then, they try to rationalize it as a legitimate request. A bum panhandling for a bottle of booze is more honorable than these guys. As a BC grad, I find It embarrassing. There are legitimate ways to raise money, usually they involve organizing and a little bit of work AND there are many, many better causes.

I’ll agree with you to a point that the student group could have organized some sort of legit fundraiser, bake sale t-shirts whatever in addition to posting on several different sites.....still there’s no harm in asking Alumni, Friends and other members of the BC Community for a hand in helping students cheer on the team
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Next

Return to Kelley Rink