Our main problem...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Our main problem...

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:50 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:I dare anyone to name the 2nd best defenseman on this team....

No takers?

Sneep, I suppose, because at least he makes up for some of his mistakes by providing scoring. Point taken.

Incidentally, Shea has the highest +/- of any defenseman not named Dumoulin.

Don't want to get on too high a horse but +/- is a crappy stat. I'm not sure the extent that York matches lines but I can't imagine Shea is consistently going up against teams' top scoring lines, instead being relegated more to 3rd/4th line grinders. A good stat is line +/- but that will never be publicly available for college.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:51 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:I dare anyone to name the 2nd best defenseman on this team....

No takers?

Sneep, I suppose, because at least he makes up for some of his mistakes by providing scoring. Point taken.

Don't want to get on too high a horse but +/- is a crappy stat. I'm not sure the extent that York matches lines but I can't imagine Shea is consistently going up against teams' top scoring lines, instead being relegated more to 3rd/4th line grinders. A good stat is line +/- but that will never be publicly available for college.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:56 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

No takers?

Right. I never said that +/- is the end-all-and-be-all. In fact, the guy I said who is the second best defenseman has one of the worst +/-s of anyone on the team. Your post is kind of a non-sequitur.
Last edited by bignick33 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:30 pm

I guess I did want to get on a high horse then. And I can't read good.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:38 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I guess I did want to get on a high horse then. And I can't read good.

It's all good.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:09 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

No takers?

Interesting that Shea has adopted a lot of Sneep in him with turnovers at the absolute worst time in the absolute worst location.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Defensive zone TOs have been a huge issue in the games we have been lit up...And the passes sometimes are just off...2 weeks to fix it....If we keep doing it were going to get burned eventually although it hasn't cost us yet
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:08 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Don't want to get on too high a horse but +/- is a crappy stat. I'm not sure the extent that York matches lines but I can't imagine Shea is consistently going up against teams' top scoring lines, instead being relegated more to 3rd/4th line grinders. A good stat is line +/- but that will never be publicly available for college.

Given the constant shuffle we've had on the blueline there really hasn't been a consistent ability to matchup, the one constant throughout the season has been Dumoulin.

Wey had groin problems, mono, & a concussion this year.
Cross has the knee problems
Shea was scratched several times this year.
Alber played both D & F.

Dumoulin gets double shifted a lot, is always on the ice at the end of close games, is usually matched up against the other teams #1 and he makes a great first pass. The interesting point is that he was billed as an offensive defenseman.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:30 pm

http://www.ccha.com/ford-field-rink-ins ... day-2.aspx

It keeps progressing...It actually looks pretty cool...
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCHOCKEYDAD on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:39 pm

All of our defensemen play well when the game is tight.
BCHOCKEYDAD
n00b

Previous

Return to Kelley Rink