GAMEDAY THREAD 2: YALE BULLDOGS vs. BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: GAMEDAY THREAD 2: YALE BULLDOGS vs. BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES!

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:02 pm

OldEaglePub {l Wrote}:I would much rather prefer a 2-0 to 3-0 win to this one. Still think it's our Championship to lose.

As I have said many times before, I prefer when the offense scores 7+ goals. Only then do I feel comfortable. The other is prettier, this is more comfortable.

Boy was I fucking wrong about Muse. He can really shut down a 5 goal lead.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:04 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This is what I envisioned. BC hockey, 9-7.

Regardless, Atkinson is redonkulous.

You may be right...DISGRACIAD and DISGUSTIAD.

Miami or Michigan will not give up a touchdown.

York, Muse, Defense and forecheckers have so work to do in next 10 days LUCY!!!

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Muse and defense got soem explaining to do.

71 seconds...
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCTG on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:04 pm

9-7 as of now as predicted by twballgame9

1:11 left, Jesus Christ
BCTG
Carney Hall

Postby BCTG on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:06 pm

FINALLY A FINAL: BC 9 Yale 7
BCTG
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:07 pm

9 musta been drinking.

Great call...I mean the score was not even clsoe to that when he nailed it.

We have a new Oracle.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:18 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:9 musta been drinking.

Great call...I mean the score was not even clsoe to that when he nailed it.

We have a new Oracle.

I believe that they had just scored to go up 7-4 with about 13 to go. 9-7 seemed like a safe guess.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 1981Eagle on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:29 pm

I do not place as much blame on Muse as others do. That was a F'n awful display of defense. Our forwards did zero backchecking. Our defensemen cannot stick handle, make bad passes, do not clear players from the slot etc. If I was Mich/Miami, I would be licking my chops. I didn't watch Maine but I imagine a 7-6 score also indicates some poor defense. We won the HE tourney and now 2 NCAA games. If we play at this level then no NC. These guys have to play with far fewer mistakes to win the NC. It would also be nice to see our guys be more physical checking more. These were two ugly wins. Not good hockey but a win is a win.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby angryty on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:47 pm

Jeezus Fuckin' Christ, they just made the Frozen Four and you are bitching and whining like a girl on the rag. This team will be fine. What they demonstrated this weekend is that they can play it anyway you want--you want to play a close to the vest defensive game--fine. You want to run and gun. Fine. The only team that should even remotely concern us is Wisconsin. We will chew up and spit out Michigan or Miami.
angryty
McGuinn Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:49 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:I do not place as much blame on Muse as others do. That was a F'n awful display of defense. Our forwards did zero backchecking. Our defensemen cannot stick handle, make bad passes, do not clear players from the slot etc. If I was Mich/Miami, I would be licking my chops. I didn't watch Maine but I imagine a 7-6 score also indicates some poor defense. We won the HE tourney and now 2 NCAA games. If we play at this level then no NC. These guys have to play with far fewer mistakes to win the NC. It would also be nice to see our guys be more physical checking more. These were two ugly wins. Not good hockey but a win is a win.

Very sloppy and careless with the puck in our own end. It was that way against Maine and tonight against Yale. Better clean that shit up or it's gonna cost 'em.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:58 pm

angryty {l Wrote}:Jeezus Fuckin' Christ, they just made the Frozen Four and you are bitching and whining like a girl on the rag. This team will be fine. What they demonstrated this weekend is that they can play it anyway you want--you want to play a close to the vest defensive game--fine. You want to run and gun. Fine. The only team that should even remotely concern us is Wisconsin. We will chew up and spit out Michigan or Miami.

I agree with this, with the caveat that they have proven they can play a close defensive game against a pretty weak offensive team. I still worry about what happens in those circumstances against a team with offense.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 1981Eagle on Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:04 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angryty {l Wrote}:Jeezus Fuckin' Christ, they just made the Frozen Four and you are bitching and whining like a girl on the rag. This team will be fine. What they demonstrated this weekend is that they can play it anyway you want--you want to play a close to the vest defensive game--fine. You want to run and gun. Fine. The only team that should even remotely concern us is Wisconsin. We will chew up and spit out Michigan or Miami.

I agree with this, with the caveat that they have proven they can play a close defensive game against a pretty weak offensive team. I still worry about what happens in those circumstances against a team with offense.

That's my point. This defense against a good offense will not be pretty unless they get their act together in the next 10 days. Yale and Maine putting up 13 goals against us-Disgustiad.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:52 pm

ON TO DETROIT!

Fuck those who didn't watch the games yet still have the balls to complain about players. You all didn't even see one of the goals. Our D needs to stop letting those players down low have their way. There were way too many fantastic redirections by Yale tonight. But great to see the Whit-Gibbons-Atk line produce again- especially in regards to Gibbons. He needed a good game for confidence.

Not quite sure why Carey was scratched and Shea did not exactly infuse me with confidence.

But as I said before - ON OUR WAY TO MOTOWN.

BTW all you college hockey fans: Hit up espn360 for a great game- Michigan Miami (OH)- 2 2 entering 3rd.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:58 pm

Moving on and right where they want to be -- BAM. But this team didn't instill much confidence in me - and I've been saying that for the last month. They're not where they need to be to win 2 more. I have all the faith in the world in Jerry, but there are a lot of mistakes and problems to shore up over the next 2 weeks.

TWO MORE - GET ER DONE!!!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
garf112 {l Wrote}:god forbid someone shows emotion...

i have no problem with showing emotion....I have a problem with doing a gay little dance by yourself on a goal that just put your team up by 5.

I agree with OJ.

He did the John Wall, right?
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Kelley Rink