Northeast Regional: BC/No Dak/Yale/Alaska

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Northeast Regional: BC/No Dak/Yale/Alaska

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:19 pm

$ 85 dollars is ridiculous...I remember '08 it was $80....They offered a bus that year, but almost didn't have enough space for the regional final on Sunday because they decided they would only take 1 bus and they could only offer the leftover seats the band didn't use....There was nothing in the e mail today that mentioned a bus...Hopefully they organize something...If not it would be good if we the students could organize a bus, but we would have to have enough people for it...
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:28 pm

Puerto Rico Eagle {l Wrote}:$ 85 dollars is ridiculous...I remember '08 it was $80....They offered a bus that year, but almost didn't have enough space for the regional final on Sunday because they decided they would only take 1 bus and they could only offer the leftover seats the band didn't use....There was nothing in the e mail today that mentioned a bus...Hopefully they organize something...If not it would be good if we the students could organize a bus, but we would have to have enough people for it...

Buses would make sense for fans/students alike……might draw more interest from both parties….who wants to go back and forth to Worcester each day, who wants to stay overnight at a roach motel, and/or have a designated driver etc…….a bus/buses makes sense to me
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:00 pm

Apparently a bus/busses are in the works, which makes a lot of sense considering we have to buy the tickets tomorrow yet a lot of people have no idea how to get out there (yay for friends in LSOE!)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:06 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Apparently a bus/busses are in the works, which makes a lot of sense considering we have to buy the tickets tomorrow yet a lot of people have no idea how to get out there (yay for friends in LSOE!)

Yeah I bought mine earlier today and lined up a ride just in case their is no bus...but a bus would be so much easier. I wonder if they would let us stay for Yale/ND.
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:16 pm

There's also the commuter rail to Worcester from Back Bay Station for about $15 RT.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:51 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:I agree with salzano $85 is kinda steep for students

I don't disagree with that. However, I'm unconvinced by those who think BC should subsidize it. I do agree that BC should organize a bus ($5 or $10 /pp certainly would cover it) to make it more accessible it for the students. That sounds like a no-brainer.
I don't so much think they *should* subsidize it, just give us *something* - help us organize a bus, something, anything to help us out. The fact that bowl tickets are free but this is so expensive is stupid.

Claver sent an email outlining that the diehards spend something like $750 a year supporting BC athletics. That's A LOT OF MONEY for students who already have $-15,000 as it is.

Aren't general public tickets $83.50? Why are student tickets $85?
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:21 pm

The very fact that SZ14 is a fucking college kid and plays For Boston on his trumpet and the team comes out to salute him, GDF should give the kid a fucking limo filled with Moet and cheerleaders and make sure he gets a ball knocking blowjob to Worcester and back and then given season tickets to Conte for fucking life.

That is how you take care of business.

74 is muy malo this week. Stay the fuck back 500 feet or you will smell your ass burning.

Polar bear rugs on sale.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:46 pm

What Yale is doing for their students:
YALE NCAA NORTHEAST REGIONAL STUDENT TICKETS-

Subsidized all-session tickets (regularly priced at $85) will go on-sale directly through the Athletics Ticket Office (20 Tower Pkwy.) at 2pm on Tuesday, March 23 for $35. The all-session ticket provides admission into all three Regional games. Tickets for Yale students will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Transportation
Bus transportation will be provided free-of-charge for Yale students interested in attending the game(s). Transportation will only be available for students that purchase a game-ticket. On Saturday, the buses will leave prior to Game 1 and return directly after the Yale game. If Yale advances to the Championship game, bus transportation will also be provided to, and from the game. More information on the bus schedule will be provided at the time of purchase.

Game Schedule
(Sat) March 27 | Game 1 | Boston College vs. Alaska-Fairbanks | 1:30pm
(Sat) March 27 | Game 2 | Yale vs. North Dakota | 5:00pm
(Sun) March 28 | Winner ‘Game 1’ vs. Winner ‘Game 2’ | 5:30pm

What NU did for their students:
Northeastern charged students $60 combined for tickets + bus transportation to MICHIGAN for last year's NCAA hockey regionals.

They also had a $10 ticket & bus package available for students to travel to the NIT at UConn last week - the selection show was Sunday night, and details about this offer were in students' inboxes before they woke up Monday morning.

Hundreds of students went on each trip.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Salzano14 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:03 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:The very fact that SZ14 is a fucking college kid and plays For Boston on his trumpet and the team comes out to salute him, GDF should give the kid a fucking limo filled with Moet and cheerleaders and make sure he gets a ball knocking blowjob to Worcester and back and then given season tickets to Conte for fucking life.

That is how you take care of business.
That works. :tophat
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:05 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:What Yale is doing for their students:
YALE NCAA NORTHEAST REGIONAL STUDENT TICKETS-

Subsidized all-session tickets (regularly priced at $85) will go on-sale directly through the Athletics Ticket Office (20 Tower Pkwy.) at 2pm on Tuesday, March 23 for $35. The all-session ticket provides admission into all three Regional games. Tickets for Yale students will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Transportation
Bus transportation will be provided free-of-charge for Yale students interested in attending the game(s). Transportation will only be available for students that purchase a game-ticket. On Saturday, the buses will leave prior to Game 1 and return directly after the Yale game. If Yale advances to the Championship game, bus transportation will also be provided to, and from the game. More information on the bus schedule will be provided at the time of purchase.

Game Schedule
(Sat) March 27 | Game 1 | Boston College vs. Alaska-Fairbanks | 1:30pm
(Sat) March 27 | Game 2 | Yale vs. North Dakota | 5:00pm
(Sun) March 28 | Winner ‘Game 1’ vs. Winner ‘Game 2’ | 5:30pm

What NU did for their students:
Northeastern charged students $60 combined for tickets + bus transportation to MICHIGAN for last year's NCAA hockey regionals.

They also had a $10 ticket & bus package available for students to travel to the NIT at UConn last week - the selection show was Sunday night, and details about this offer were in students' inboxes before they woke up Monday morning.

Hundreds of students went on each trip.

So this is what a competent and efficient Athletics department looks like? Its incredible that BC doesn't wake up and realize that Hockey is their best program by far and should be treated accordingly. I mean we already are going to pay $ 85 bucks for tix and 50 grand for school and they can't spare two Peter Pan buses to take us out there? Its incredible...Alos, can't wait to see what they are going to do if we are lucky enough to get to the Frozen Four. I am planning on going, but Im not paying $40 for nosebleeds. Id just buy them myself and go support the team and no the Athletics Dept. Lets see if they get off their asses and do something. I sen't an e mail today asking what their plans were...Well see what happens
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:15 pm

UGBC has a bus running, not sure if the publicity has gone out yet but here are the links:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dFZTUV85RTZ2RkRrVHN3ZjlFejhwYUE6MA
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:21 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:UGBC has a bus running, not sure if the publicity has gone out yet but here are the links:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dFZTUV85RTZ2RkRrVHN3ZjlFejhwYUE6MA

Excellent, although they may be cutting it a bit close with the timing.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:22 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:UGBC has a bus running, not sure if the publicity has gone out yet but here are the links:

Thanks Claver
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:38 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Excellent, although they may be cutting it a bit close with the timing.

That's why taking the car, might make a pit stop at Hurricane Betty's

Spatula coming in 3, 2, 1.... :suicide
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Salzano14 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:28 am

By the way... I am of the opinion that the first 32 seconds of that 07-08 Alaska intro video is possibly one of the best I've ever seen. Very well done.

Then it gets completely and utterly stupid.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:43 am

Last time we played in Worcester...
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:05 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:That's why taking the car, might make a pit stop at Hurricane Betty's

Now I know the real reason you want discounted student tickets. More $ for :skank :skank :skank
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:06 am

Salzano14 {l Wrote}:Then it gets completely and utterly stupid.

You mean when the bear inexplicably blows up?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:34 am

After 24 hours of bitching and moaning (I think Gene, Jamie & Jim woke up to about 300 emails) tickets have been reduced to $35!
:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:39 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:After 24 hours of bitching and moaning (I think Gene, Jamie & Jim woke up to about 300 emails) tickets have been reduced to $35!

More $ for :skank :skank . Is that total or per game?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:47 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:More $ for :skank :skank . Is that total or per game?

Total for the 3 game package and bus
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby AdamBC on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:11 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:If anyone can find an Alaska Fairbanks message board, I'm down to invade it.

I think this is the closest thing to a Alaska message board.

http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com/
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:22 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
Salzano14 {l Wrote}:Then it gets completely and utterly stupid.

You mean when the bear inexplicably blows up?

That is correct.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:24 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:After 24 hours of bitching and moaning (I think Gene, Jamie & Jim woke up to about 300 emails) tickets have been reduced to $35!

Just got a call from the ticket office...I can go pick up my extra 50 bucks...huge...
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:36 am

Puerto Rico Eagle {l Wrote}:

Just got a call from the ticket office...I can go pick up my extra 50 bucks...huge...

Don't spend it all on one b00b.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:40 am

Thank you to EVERYONE who sent an email on behalf of the students. What an epic win.

Also, my roommate told Jerry York earlier today that the ticket prices were going to be $50 cheaper for students and "he looked like he wanted to cry with happiness."
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:09 am

You smart ass kids need to be group AD.

74 bows to your greatness..

Get me a bus from Texas....

Big bus....big toilet...

Good job kids.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:06 pm

Some notes about the teams coming into this weekend:

In the early game the #1 seed BC faces the #4 seed Alaska from the CCHA. Alaska is 18-11-9 (9 ties :shock: :shock: ) on the year, finishing 5th in a 12 team league. Against some big names and common opponents they're: 1-1-0 against ND, 1-1-1 against UMich, & 0-1-1 against #1 Miami, they are 11-3-5 at home this year (probably cause their arena is in outerspace, if you don't get it watch their intro) while only 5-8-4 on the road. They really didn't play any big teams in OOC to judge them against (Mercyhurts, Robert Morris, & RPI). They boast one line of double digit goal scorers in senior Dion Knelson (19-23-42), freshman Andy Taranto (17-24-41), and junior Dustin Sather (11-14-25). They have no 20 goal scorer or a player with more than 25 assists. I would imagine the grinder line of Almeida, Price, & Lombardi will be placed up against this line as no other player on their team has double digit goals. In goal they have a balding sophomore who is able to steal a game, Scott Greenham has played every game for the Nanooks and has compiled a record of 18-11-9, with a GAA of 2.20 and save % of .918. This is the state of Alaska's first tournament invitation in a long time, the players will obviously be very energized but how will they react on the big stage?

BC, the champions of the HE is the fourth #1 seed in the tournament, bringing in a record of 25-10-3. BC is lead by the midget line of Atkinson (24-22-46), Gibbons (15-29-44), and JWhit (14-21-35) who rank 1, 2, 3 in points on the team. This line has gone cold over the last month, however but has received the offensive support from the other three lines. This depth is one of the main reasons why BC is a threat to go deep into the tournament. Expect to see junior John Muse in net, who is 13-1 in his career in playoff games.
Some keys for BC:
1) Have Price, Lombo, & Almeida shut down the Nanooks top line, they don't get much scoring off of their other lines
2) Get the midgets back in order. While BC doesn't have a dominant scorer like it did in '08 this line compromises some of the most talented offensive players on the team, to make a run this line will need to get back on track
3) Defensive-zone faceoffs. This was a huge problem last year and it reared it's ugly face in the Maine game with two goals coming off clean losses.
4) Avoid shorthanded goals. York loves having the 2 Whitneys at the point, the risk is a turnover that leads to a 2 on 1 with either Whitney not being used to such situations.

Will have the NoDak-Yale write up tonight.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:00 pm

Sorry for the delay:

The late game matches the WCHA champion North Dakota against at-large bid from the ECAC Yale. NoDak comes in one of, if not the, hottest team in the country. After running through the WCHA tourney knocking off, now eliminated, Denver, Minnesota, & St. Cloud St. They have lost 1 game since Beanpot time going 12-1-0 in their last 13. They only played 1 HE team sweeping Merrimack to start the year. This team is different than the NoDak teams that many BC fans are used to. No Zach Parise-esque stars but balance. They have four players with 34+ points led by a familiar name, Chris VandeVelde. In goal they are lead by a sophomore Brad Eidsness, who was the starter last year, brings in a record of 24-9-4 a GAA of 2.09 and save % of .915. While he really hasn't had the NCAA experience (blew a lead against UNH last year and ultimately lost) he's won some big games including the WCHA tourney. Yale comes in 20-9-2 after losing a 3 games series 2-1 in the EZAC quarters to world-beaters Brown. In non-conference play they have played UMass (4-3 L), Cornell (4-2 W), UVM (1-0 L) & Wisco (2-2 T). Another balanced team with 6 players having 29+ points. They are lead by junior Broc Little (26-14-40). Also I know we have some Fairfield Prep alumns on the board, senior Mark Arcobello comes in with an 11-18-29 line, 2nd on the Bulldogs in PIM. In goal is their question, if you have 2 QBs you have none, what if you have 4 goalies? They have 4 goalies who have played between 4-14 games. Their leading goalie is freshman Nick Maricic who is 7-4-2 but they also have senior Billy Blaise who is 7-2-0. To have a chance they are going to need a goalie to carry them.

Should be an interesting game but my guess is 4-1 NoDak.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:20 pm

So FYI for those of you in the DC area, MASN picked up the NE Regional in HD. Games will be shown live.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink