HE Final - BC - Maine

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: HE Final - BC - Maine

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:42 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Actually I don't, and I never said I did. Sally and claver know a hell of a lot more about the team than I do. I just don't understand why all of you defend Mrs. Sanders and the ridiculous shit he posts.

Muse is not terrible. He has been solid this year. He has been solid his whole career, and exceptional in postseason play. As I said, if you've watched the games, you would know this. It's not degrading anybody who hasn't, it's means that if you've actually watched this team play and they way Muse has played, you know he hasn't been terrible at all. You look and say, "Oh wow, in the game against UMaine and let in 6 goals, he must suck". Did you see how those goals went in? Me asking that doesn't mean I think you're stupid or don't get hockey, it's to see if you saw what happened. Two of those goals came directly off set plays in which we lost the faceoff in our own zone (which will be a huge problem if we continue to do so). If you were to look at the stats you'd have no idea that that was the case.

#1 You confuse defending with agreeing there are concerns.
#2 Based on your statements, all people who have watched the games are not concerned about Muse at all. Problem is, sweetheart, that just ain't true.

Why are you ignoring the question I posed that includes what I've seen and stats? COWARD AND HOCKEYSNOBBDOUCHERY!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:56 pm

I watched a lot of games during Muse's Frosh and Soph years and have arrived to the conclusion that he is not a very good goalie but I guess that doesn't matter because I haven't seen a ton of games this year. Get over yourself.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Puerto Rico Eagle on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:06 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Wey is out for the year with mono.

So I assume we go with Alber for the rest of the year...I can't see York putting in Lyles, the few games I saw him he really struggled...It will also help that the TV timeouts will be almost 2 minutes 4 times a period...Jerry can lean a little harder on Sneep, Samuelsson, Cross, Dumoulin
Puerto Rico Eagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:16 pm

Alber has really replaced Shea as the #6 Dman (Wey suffered a minor injury towards the end of the year) starting maybe UNH or UMass I want to say.

Who am I to question Jerry but with Shea on the ice we usually cycled 3 pairings constantly, with the addition of Alber we double shift Dumo (the +/- leader in HE) constantly.

Maybe this is more of a credit to Dumo and not a knock on Alber. As those who watch the game with me will attest to, I love the way Dumolin plays, very solid in his own end and great first outlet pass (even though he was slow on rotating which allowed Maine's PP goal in the 2nd). All this while being the 5th youngest player in NCAA hockey (some TOS poster figured that out).

I do really like what Alber brings to the blue line. Since he has played F/D this year he is naturally more aggressive and really is able to join the rush.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:Putting all "you can't post because I've been to more games than you" aside, has anyone heard hear anything about Wey's condition? I poster on TOS says he's out with Mono.

That's not my point. I want more people to post here. I really do. It would be great if it wasn't just 6 of us bantering. My point is, don't make judgments about players based on stats when you haven't watched them all year (or at least, a very little portion of the year).

Anyway, yeah, heard that yesterday about Wey. Haven't confirmed it but should know tonight, tomorrow at latest.

BTW: Cute karmatizing me chuckfrombc. Here's a hint as to how to make it not so obvious: If you're going to karmatize me, do it when you and I aren't the only two registered on the hockey board. And what in God's name were you doing up at 3:15 in the morning? Were you up just to karmatize me?

I don't think this was bignick's point, either.

Since you know more than everyone else here about BC's Hockey team, can you actually answer his question? It'd be nice to know if we're losing one of our blue liners for the tourney.

Actually I don't, and I never said I did. Sally and claver know a hell of a lot more about the team than I do. I just don't understand why all of you defend Mrs. Sanders and the ridiculous shit he posts.

Muse is not terrible. He has been solid this year. He has been solid his whole career, and exceptional in postseason play. As I said, if you've watched the games, you would know this. It's not degrading anybody who hasn't, it's means that if you've actually watched this team play and they way Muse has played, you know he hasn't been terrible at all. You look and say, "Oh wow, in the game against UMaine and let in 6 goals, he must suck". Did you see how those goals went in? Me asking that doesn't mean I think you're stupid or don't get hockey, it's to see if you saw what happened. Two of those goals came directly off set plays in which we lost the faceoff in our own zone (which will be a huge problem if we continue to do so). If you were to look at the stats you'd have no idea that that was the case.

To answer your question: yes, but claver outscooped me by 30 minutes. He's done.

I think you missed my point now. When the hell did I enter into the Muse debate? I simply asked about Wey. Yeesh.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:49 pm

I don't know why you are letting this argument continue. Bomber and Pedro and TWB have seen as much BC hockey as they have women's sailing.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:36 pm

Damnit you take two days off and I missed all the fun….this was interesting reading :popcorn
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:14 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:Just let me know who you want banned from this site. Thank you.
-Caddy

is this in the right thread?

I figured since we do not have our own board to talk about bannings I would jump into the middle of this "hockey weirdo" fest to discuss.
Apparently tre is being banned.

Thank God!

Ding dong the tyrant's dead!

Wait, what happened to the EO Club? :toby
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:50 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:Just let me know who you want banned from this site. Thank you.
-Caddy

I figured since we do not have our own board to talk about bannings I would jump into the middle of this "hockey weirdo" fest to discuss.

Thank God!

Zander B0mber ruined it.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:05 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
-Caddy

Thank God!

We're remodeling
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:48 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
-Caddy

Thank God!

We're remodeling

And it's going to look faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous!
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Previous

Return to Kelley Rink