Ovechkin - LOL

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Ovechkin - LOL

Postby EaglesTalon on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:46 pm

:whiteflag

posted from my iPhone
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Re: Ovechkin - LOL

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:15 pm

The best part is that all of is that this game has just turned into odd-man rush after odd-man rush.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:51 pm

Anybody want to tell me what happened the first two periods/why people are laughing at Ovechkin? (I was at the basketball game. Seriously)
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:02 pm

I'm not really laughing at Ovechkin as much as I'm laughing at the people that think he's the best player in the game.
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:29 pm

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:I'm not really laughing at Ovechkin as much as I'm laughing at the people that think he's the best player in the game.

It's not his fault his team shit the bed and Nabokov didn't know a game was going on. He didn't do much but it seemed he did more his teammates. Would've loved to see him, and the Russian team for that, on an Olympic sheet though.

Oh, and the shit Dan Boyle pulled at the end is the biggest pussy move he could have pulled outside of kicking, two-handing, or Bertuzzing Semin. And he got layed out on a clean hit. What a little bitch.

Edit: Oh, and fuck off OJ with my anti-Ovechkin bias.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:32 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:I'm not really laughing at Ovechkin as much as I'm laughing at the people that think he's the best player in the game.

It's not his fault his team shit the bed and Nabokov didn't know a game was going on. He didn't do much but it seemed he did more his teammates. Would've loved to see him, and the Russian team for that, on an Olympic sheet though.

Oh, and the shit Dan Boyle pulled at the end is the biggest pussy move he could have pulled outside of kicking, two-handing, or Bertuzzing Semin. And he got layed out on a clean hit. What a little bitch.

+1. Saw the last 10 minutes and Semin's hit did not look nearly as bad as the announcers portrayed it to be.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:36 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

+1. Saw the last 10 minutes and Semin's hit did not look nearly as bad as the announcers portrayed it to be.

Of course don't tell that to the mongoloid Milbury working the studio, who actually defended Boyle. Boyle should seriously be suspended for the next game. There is no way you can defend a bullshit move like that while a guy is skating away and looking away. It's like the reverse Bertuzzi without the horrific outcome. Boyle's gonna enjoy his next trip to Washington though.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:41 pm

Not going to lie, I thought Boyle was going to get a misconduct for that. It may sound extreme, but that was such a cheap shot it was ridiculous.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:02 pm

Ovechkin is like a kid out there, always skating hard, except when he doesn't. Like when he decides not to get back on defense, and gets excoriated on world wide TV for not hustling.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angryty on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:05 am

That game was a perfect synopsis of why the Sharks continuously implode in the playoffs and the Caps will never, ever, hoist Lord Stanley's Cup. Nabokov is an absolutely awful big game goalie. You could prop Travis Roy in front of the crease and he'd stop more pucks then Nabokov in any meaningful game. Second, Ovechkin is the most undisciplined elite player I have ever seen. He was personally responsible for two of the Canucks' goals and played without any discipline or heart. Fuck him, fuck the red shirt imbeciles at the Verizon Center and fuck his skating rink on top of a ghetto mall. I give him a 50/50 chance of dying like Pelle Lindberg, smushed into Euro-goo inside his over priced Porsche (or in Ovechkin's case, his Maybach).
angryty
McGuinn Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:32 pm

EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:00 pm

EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:

In one of the ESPN guys articles they mentioned that he also only answered a few questions until leaving the media in the dust, as opposed to Nabokov and Datsyuk who answered questions at length. Very confusing actions considering he's one-half of the face of the NHL.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby BCTG on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:00 pm

Milbury's a fuckin' loudmouth clown; thank God we got Jerry York instead of Motormouth Mike.

Milbury was the only NHLer I ever saw who couldn't skate backwards
BCTG
Carney Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:16 pm

Milbury is the man. And he's right, the Russians brought their Eurotrash game.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:41 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
EaglesTalon {l Wrote}:

In one of the ESPN guys articles they mentioned that he also only answered a few questions until leaving the media in the dust, as opposed to Nabokov and Datsyuk who answered questions at length. Very confusing actions considering he's one-half of the face of the NHL.

actually there was a big article that almost all the Russians were not being very talkative to the media...especially after they lost to Slovakia in the preliminary round.

As for that game...Ovechkin was average...but the rest of the Russian team was god awful. But it's not like Ovechkin has a history of disappearing in big games (see his playoff performances the last two years).
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Return to Kelley Rink