Hey Boston Domer! WTF is ND in all this Hockey Title talk?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Hey Boston Domer! WTF is ND in all this Hockey Title talk?

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:55 pm

74 BITCH!

ND is the middle of a frozen tundra wasteland and the are no where.

When you come talk smack in my house, you better come armed with more than that weak ass Shamrock 74 shit.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Re: Hey Boston Domer! WTF is ND in all this Hockey Title talk?

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:31 pm

I think he's a BU fan, since he made the comment about fans wearing jerseys (usually what the glittered up fanboys resort to).

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Boston Domer on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:04 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:74 BITCH!

ND is the middle of a frozen tundra wasteland and the are no where.

When you come talk smack in my house, you better come armed with more than that weak ass Shamrock 74 shit.

Notre Dame is in the middle of one bad season, much like Boston College last year. I don't think it would be relevant to post about Notre Dame hockey on a Boston College board. There are plenty of other forums where I can do that.

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I think he's a BU fan, since he made the comment about fans wearing jerseys (usually what the glittered up fanboys resort to).

No.
Boston Domer
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:59 am

Random question but any idea how Ruth is doing this year? He went to my school before going to Ann Arbor for a few years. And got traded for Fedorov straight up 2 or 3 years ago. Needless to say his hockey career is a tad more illustrious than mine.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:10 am

Boston Domer {l Wrote}:
Notre Dame is in the middle of one bad season, much like Boston College last year.

When did Notre Dame become a powerhouse in hockey? Four NCAA Tournament appearances and one Frozen Four and all of a sudden they claim it's just "one bad season".
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:20 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Boston Domer {l Wrote}:
Notre Dame is in the middle of one bad season, much like Boston College last year.

When did Notre Dame become a powerhouse in hockey? Four NCAA Tournament appearances and one Frozen Four and all of a sudden they claim it's just "one bad season".

I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:36 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Boston Domer {l Wrote}:

Not arguing but they do have a pretty good pipeline of talent coming in from Ann Arbor. Forget the relationship but the coach has some connection to the program up there and has been very solid in recruiting.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:40 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Boston Domer {l Wrote}:

Not arguing but they do have a pretty good pipeline of talent coming in from Ann Arbor. Forget the relationship but the coach has some connection to the program up there and has been very solid in recruiting.

I know. And who knows how that will work out. But having almost zero history and then claiming to just be having a down year is silly. Next thing you know, Notre Dame fans will be claiming they have deserved to go to all the BCS games they have made. :o
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:06 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Boston Domer {l Wrote}:

I think it just proves the arrogance of Notre Dame fans in general, make the NCAA tourney 4 times and championship game once and all of a sudden they’re on top of the sport.
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:58 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Where are the jerseys?

Also worth noting, green isn't even one of ND's colors (except for once every couple of years). Losers.

Why does BostonDomer continue to dodge the question? COWARD!!
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Boston Domer on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:08 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Boston Domer {l Wrote}:

Notre Dame was the winningest program in college hockey for the three seasons between 2006 and 2009, winning both the CCHA regular season and playoffs twice and making the NCAA tournament all three years. Combining that with a head coach who has won multiple national championships, I believe it is fair to consider this season an aberration. In addition, Notre Dame has the most Rivals Top 50 recruits for the Class of 2010, so the outlook appears good too. Granted, Jeff Jackson won his titles at Lake Superior State, but do not forget Boston College had to hire a championship coach from Bowling Green in order to return to prominence.

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Random question but any idea how Ruth is doing this year? He went to my school before going to Ann Arbor for a few years. And got traded for Fedorov straight up 2 or 3 years ago. Needless to say his hockey career is a tad more illustrious than mine.

Unfortunately, Ruth has been injured and has missed about half the season. When he is in the lineup, he is Notre Dame's most reliable stay-at-home defensemen. Despite missing half the season, he still leads the team in penalty minutes. He has a real nasty streak, and was suspended for a game after retaliating for a hit from behind. I think he'll sign this offseason, because the Blue Jackets do not want to risk losing him to free agency.

Jeff Jackson gets a lot of recruits from the United States National Team Development Program in Ann Arbor. Jackson was the first coach of the program and although new recruits arrived there long after he left, Jackson has still recruited the USNTDP well. His success in recruiting is doubly effective as it has cut into Red Berenson's efforts at Michigan. Another area where Notre Dame has experienced recruiting success is in Chicagoland. There are about a half dozen players from Teddy Ruth's AAA team, the Chicago Mission, on the roster or currently committed to Notre Dame.
Boston Domer
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:48 pm

Boston Domer {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Random question but any idea how Ruth is doing this year? He went to my school before going to Ann Arbor for a few years. And got traded for Fedorov straight up 2 or 3 years ago. Needless to say his hockey career is a tad more illustrious than mine.

Unfortunately, Ruth has been injured and has missed about half the season. When he is in the lineup, he is Notre Dame's most reliable stay-at-home defensemen. Despite missing half the season, he still leads the team in penalty minutes. He has a real nasty streak, and was suspended for a game after retaliating for a hit from behind. I think he'll sign this offseason, because the Blue Jackets do not want to risk losing him to free agency.

Jeff Jackson gets a lot of recruits from the United States National Team Development Program in Ann Arbor. Jackson was the first coach of the program and although new recruits arrived there long after he left, Jackson has still recruited the USNTDP well. His success in recruiting is doubly effective as it has cut into Red Berenson's efforts at Michigan. Another area where Notre Dame has experienced recruiting success is in Chicagoland. There are about a half dozen players from Teddy Ruth's AAA team, the Chicago Mission, on the roster or currently committed to Notre Dame.

I thought Ruth played for Team Illinois. They are (or at least were when I was in HS a few years back) the AAA powerhouse in Illinois and have had some success nationally, with the Mission next and the rest kinda in a wasteland of nothingness and mediocrity by AAA standards. His penalties might be a sign of him being ready for a higher level in competition. Seemed to happen with Petreki last year and is likely a common thing for big, physical defensemen.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:00 pm

1949-2001-2008.

That is the measurement tool just like ND's 11 football titles and Bc has 1 -- 1940?

11-1
0-3

End of story.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Return to Kelley Rink