Recruiting

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Recruiting

Postby bceagle2016 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:40 pm

BC has landed 2 of the top 50 recruits in the country per rivals new hockey website. One is a five star and one a four star. Both from New England.

http://collegehockey247.rivals.com/cont ... ID=1053658
bceagle2016
n00b

Re: Recruiting

Postby Dirtywater on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:09 am

Thanks - but look how many ND took home.

7 Notre Dame
6 Minnesota
5 Michigan
4 North Dakota
4 Boston University
3 Denver
3 Colorado College
2 Boston College
Dirtywater
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:17 pm

Hockey recruiting is much different than other sports. I would rather have a team of Gibbons, Smiths, and crew than have all the one and dones that plague a lot of teams out west (and looks like will plague BU next year if Bonino leaves).

Nieto figures to be a good one and has all the facepainted fanboys all riles up, but you never know.

If you look at Clendening at #22, BC gave him a full offer. He has constantly been wavering between juniors and college and thus we revoked our offer. BU jumped on him as he is clearly a talented player and is still using college as a bargaining chip for major juniors. Will he show up? Should be interesting.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BC '00 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:32 am

I've never followed hockey recruiting enough to really understand it, but I know enough to have faith in York.

Saw on Rivals this morning that we got a commitment from a Class of 2012 kid named Brendan Silk (http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1058836 - EDIT: I think this is NOT premium). 2 things, nice to see us beat out BU for a kid. Second, is it more common to commit this early in hockey? I think we got a commitment from Adam Pineault when he was in like 8th grade, right?

Anyone seen this kid play? He's at Austin Prep (never heard of it).
Last edited by BC '00 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:38 am

BC '00 {l Wrote}:I've never followed hockey recruiting enough to really understand it, but I know enough to have faith in York.

Saw on Rivals this morning that we got a commitment from a Class of 2012 kid named Brendan Silk (http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1058836 - I think this is premium). 2 things, nice to see us beat out BU for a kid. Second, is it more common to commit this early in hockey? I think we got a commitment from Adam Pineault when he was in like 8th grade, right?

Anyone seen this kid play? He's at Austin Prep (never heard of it).

Austin Prep is middle-of-the-road Catholic School on the North Shore somewhere. Commits typically happen very early. There is much more uncertainty to the whole thing, as a of the top prospects choose to play Juniors and/or Pros instead of going to college (think college baseball). BC does as good a job as anyone getting their commits to campus; I have to assume it has to do a lot with the prospects that they target. BC has a very small recruiting base, which it absolutely nails (New England, Upstate NY, to a lesser extent Wisconsin/Minny/Michigan, and very rarely Canada). In terms of top classes, BC is usually in the 5-10 range, which means if anything, BC outperforms their ranking.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby BC '00 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:59 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:which means if anything, BC outperforms their ranking.

Sounds familiar. This current crop of freshman was the top-rated class in the country, right?
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Return to Kelley Rink