New England Sports Trivia 8.0

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: New England Sports Trivia 8.0

Postby bignick33 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:06 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:I've got to hand it to Campion, he can find holes in the trivia whether they exist or not.

GIVE ALL OF THE POINTS TO WANG-- HE WAS THE FIRST AND ONLY ONE TO LIST ALL TEN CORRECT ANSWERS IN ONE POST. THAT IS YOUR RULE, NOT OURS.

This is horseshit. The answer may very well be debateable, but I was told it was correct immediately after posting it. A protest should have been made at that time, not long after the winner of the game was announced. AC took my sloppy seconds by stealing my correct anwers and claiming victory after the fact. As always, Wang is late to the party. If he has an issue, he can take it in the ass from Kurt Rambis.

:tdw

Stop trying to deprive me of my earned points, you tyrant.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:18 pm

81, TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR TRIVIA GAME. YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS TAKING THIS INSOLENCE AND GUFF

:lame :tre :74 :tre :lame

:lame :tre :74 :tre :lame
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:59 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
campion {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}:I've got to hand it to Campion, he can find holes in the trivia whether they exist or not.

GIVE ALL OF THE POINTS TO WANG-- HE WAS THE FIRST AND ONLY ONE TO LIST ALL TEN CORRECT ANSWERS IN ONE POST. THAT IS YOUR RULE, NOT OURS.

This is horseshit. The answer may very well be debateable, but I was told it was correct immediately after posting it. A protest should have been made at that time, not long after the winner of the game was announced. AC took my sloppy seconds by stealing my correct anwers and claiming victory after the fact. As always, Wang is late to the party. If he has an issue, he can take it in the ass from Kurt Rambis.

:tdw

Stop trying to deprive me of my earned points, you tyrant.

I agree that "you were told." But you were told in error. 81 declared you winner when you had a wrong answer. Its not your fault; its his. Just admit it and cede your points to Wang, you Pretender you.

Your pro-wang agenda is sickening. Always has been.

:blah

*I Bama you.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:08 pm

Campion is the best. I love these trivia squabbles. p6p gets to put up his version of trivia next week. Should be interesting. AC has a comfortable lead and still can take advantage of picking up an easy 15 points by hosting a trivia contest. AC is in pretty good shape.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:40 pm

campion {l Wrote}:

It's also a rule that an official protest needs to be declared within one hour of the winner being decalred and by a poster that has attempted to answer the questions in a previous post. The first "official" protest was Wang, 12 hours later, so invalid due to time and also invalid because he never posted any original set of answers to the questions. This rule was instituted long ago to prevent posters fron hanging back and then swooping in for a later and easy victory leveraging off others answers. You Campion did respond with a original set of answers to the questions and "complained" within one hour that #2 was a wrong answer but never filed an official protest within the hour time limit. No such protest being filed within the 1 hour limit--BN wins. Plus, there is still some question in my mind whether the the Wickie definition--which agrees with tw-- or Campion's definition--from the hocr website-- is the true answer.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:28 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}: AC has a comfortable lead and still can take advantage of picking up an easy 15 points by hosting a trivia contest. AC is in pretty good shape.

Tell me when.

As far as this past contest is concerned, following your own rules, Nick should get 9 points, campion 1, and I should get 5.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:03 pm

How'd this end up on the hockey board?

:pickle
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:10 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:How'd this end up on the hockey board?

If I had to guess, I'd say TRE might have had something to do with it. Him or OB. Then again, OB probably doesn't frequent the hockey board much.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:55 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
1981Eagle {l Wrote}: AC has a comfortable lead and still can take advantage of picking up an easy 15 points by hosting a trivia contest. AC is in pretty good shape.

Tell me when.

As far as this past contest is concerned, following your own rules, Nick should get 9 points, campion 1, and I should get 5.

Head races have multiple nuances to the definition. BN's definition was acceptable and first. Campions answer was also acceptable but second.

p6p is doing Trivia 9.0 next Tuesday 9pmEST. AC will do Trivia 10.0 the following Tuesday at 9pmEST. Reminder, to get the 15 points as guest moderator, the contest you construct must deal with New England Sports Trivia, 10 questions and be solveable. If the entire board can't solve it then you don't get the 15 points. This rule is to guard against a guest moderator picking up an easy 15 points for hosting while putting up such a difficult contest that posters can't answer correctly and accumulate points. THe first quarter winner will be declared after Trivia 13.0 so there are 5 more contests and 75 points still up for grabs. You can only guest host once per quarter. The winner at the end of each quarter will have a $94.94 donation made in their name and EO to Herzy's cause. 81 will fund the donation.

The winner always is the first to post all correct answers in one post. The winner gets 5 points and gets to change 81's avatar. All other points are awarded 1 point per question for correct answers. A total of 15 points are available to posters who answer. The guest moderator gets 15 points for hosting so can't lose ground by hosting UNLESS they creat an unsolevable contest.

81 will decalre the winner. Protests may be filed but must be within one hour of the winner being decalred and must be filed by a poster that attempted to answer the entire set of questions. These rules were institituted to stop posters from hanging back and swooping in with only one or a few answers of their own to gain the 5 points winners prize.

You guys are a smart bunch and have found ways to "win" without real winning so hence the rules. We will see what other genius tactics someone comes up with to "win" by working around the rules. In that case, 81 reserves the right to construct additional rules to thwart such tactics. :81 :81
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:55 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Tell me when.

Head races have multiple nuances to the definition. BN's definition was acceptable and first. Campions answer was also acceptable but second.

p6p is doing Trivia 9.0 next Tuesday 9pmEST. AC will do Trivia 10.0 the following Tuesday at 9pmEST. Reminder, to get the 15 points as guest moderator, the contest you construct must deal with New England Sports Trivia, 10 questions and be solveable. If the entire board can't solve it then you don't get the 15 points. This rule is to guard against a guest moderator picking up an easy 15 points for hosting while putting up such a difficult contest that posters can't answer correctly and accumulate points. THe first quarter winner will be declared after Trivia 13.0 so there are 5 more contests and 75 points still up for grabs. You can only guest host once per quarter. The winner at the end of each quarter will have a $94.94 donation made in their name and EO to Herzy's cause. 81 will fund the donation.

The winner always is the first to post all correct answers in one post. The winner gets 5 points and gets to change 81's avatar. All other points are awarded 1 point per question for correct answers. A total of 15 points are available to posters who answer. The guest moderator gets 15 points for hosting so can't lose ground by hosting UNLESS they creat an unsolevable contest.

81 will decalre the winner. Protests may be filed but must be within one hour of the winner being decalred and must be filed by a poster that attempted to answer the entire set of questions. These rules were institituted to stop posters from hanging back and swooping in with only one or a few answers of their own to gain the 5 points winners prize.

You guys are a smart bunch and have found ways to "win" without real winning so hence the rules. We will see what other genius tactics someone comes up with to "win" by working around the rules. In that case, 81 reserves the right to construct additional rules to thwart such tactics. :81 :81

Actually, neither answer about Head races was correct period. Head races are called Head races because the winner is the Head of the river.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 1981Eagle on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Enuf of this Head talk, it's making me horny.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Kelley Rink