BC vs. NU

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC vs. NU

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:28 am

bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:Less of a student turnout than I expected, but decent crowd overall and great effort from the entire lineup. I was a little surprised to see Milner in net over Muse, looking at the scoreboard after the game it doesn’t seem to matter who is between the pipes. I’m going to give out extra credit for the students that were in the stands for the “NO….Thiessen” chant and banners. :screamyeagle

This is true - I was impressed by the giant banners. Can you do me a favor and tell students not to tuck their jerseys into their dockers? Thanks in advance. :roll:
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby AdamBC on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:07 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
bcsoxfan12 {l Wrote}:Less of a student turnout than I expected, but decent crowd overall and great effort from the entire lineup. I was a little surprised to see Milner in net over Muse, looking at the scoreboard after the game it doesn’t seem to matter who is between the pipes. I’m going to give out extra credit for the students that were in the stands for the “NO….Thiessen” chant and banners. :screamyeagle

This is true - I was impressed by the giant banners. Can you do me a favor and tell students not to tuck their jerseys into their dockers? Thanks in advance. :roll:

A bigger favor would be for the students to show up in the first place. At this point, I wouldn't care if they all wore Gucci hats if they filled the student section and were loud.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:11 am

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

A bigger favor would be for the students to show up in the first place. At this point, I wouldn't care if they all wore Gucci hats if they filled the student section and were loud.

Touche.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:11 am

Sunday afternoons are always rough. The hockey attendance has been very good thus far, and I do enjoy the tradition that is Friday night hockey. I'll give the students a pass for last night.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:13 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Sunday afternoons are always rough. The hockey attendance has been very good thus far, and I do enjoy the tradition that is Friday night hockey. I'll give the students a pass for last night.

Why are Sunday afternoons rough?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:55 am

A little too much :clink
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby AdamBC on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:10 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:A little too much :clink

Ooh la la. Fancy times at BC.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:55 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Sunday afternoons are always rough. The hockey attendance has been very good thus far, and I do enjoy the tradition that is Friday night hockey. I'll give the students a pass for last night.

Why are Sunday afternoons rough?

Matinees.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:51 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}: I was impressed by the giant banners.

Gee, I wonder who made this:

I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby AdamBC on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:55 pm

Salzano14 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}: I was impressed by the giant banners.

Gee, I wonder who made this:

How long until Team Ops throws a hissy-fit over that?

I saw they threw a hissy-fit when you guys were throwing someone up in the air after point #7.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:08 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:I saw they threw a hissy-fit when you guys were throwing someone up in the air after point #7.

Hahaha... yeah they were like "Guys....... no." But we were done anyway by the time we saw them.
Last edited by Salzano14 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:51 pm

After the 4-point game on Sunday, Gibbons is really climbing the national scoring list. I bet he'll be considered a serious Hobey contender next year.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:08 pm

No more than for a Saturday noon basketball game. Doesn't take much more than planning accordingly. No matter how you cut it, it's just an excuse.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:09 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

No more than for a Saturday noon basketball game. Doesn't take much more than planning accordingly. No matter how you cut it, it's just an excuse.

Did you see the basketball attendance on Saturday? It was deplorable.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:13 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Yes and it was far better than the hockey game...great argument, though. Either way, you missed the point, kiddo.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:08 pm

My point is that the attendance for Friday night games, student wise, is getting better and better.

The Sunday afternoon game is an aberration that happens once (maybe twice) a year, not freaking out about it.

Was it bad? Yes, we probably had more students go to the game @ NU than we did Sunday.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:28 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:My point is that the attendance for Friday night games, student wise, is getting better and better.

The Sunday afternoon game is an aberration that happens once (maybe twice) a year, not freaking out about it.

Was it bad? Yes, we probably had more students go to the game @ NU than we did Sunday.

I made it to both hockey games and the basketball game. I drank excessively on both Friday and Saturday night and was therefore hungover at both of the weekend games. I see no reason why the students couldn't have made it to Saturday and/or Sunday too.

P and S: Great job at NU.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:38 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Yes and it was far better than the hockey game...great argument, though. Either way, you missed the point, kiddo.

It was at best 70% full...and this was for UNC. The game all semifans are supposed to be hyped up for. There was a giant poster in the Heights for it. Semifans live for this game.

Obviously the UNC Bball game is going to be more crowded than the NU game. My point is attendance at both was deplorable, relatively speaking. Deplorable relatively speaking for UNC, and deplorable for NU. The thing in common: Both afternoon weekend games.

People will say the reason they didn't go to the game was (1) hungover and (2) homework. Just telling it the way it is.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:46 pm

I wish BC had standing room only for every game. Every team, especially the hockey team, deserves better support. I am just telling you why people weren't there. Sunday is the day/night where the library is the most crowded. I wish it wasn't the case but it is.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:53 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:P and S: Great job at NU.

Thanks it took a whole lot of hard work and fronting of almost $1200 on his credit card from a poster on this board. It was a great time and hopefully going forward BC will be able to carry a strong road student presence.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:54 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Sunday is the day/night where the library is the most crowded. I wish it wasn't the case but it is.

I know it is. That was the case when I was there too. Hockey support has actually been better this year than it was in the last couple years, on the whole. Still, there are no finals or anything like that, and even nerds should be able to manage their time. In all fairness, I found the student turnout at the hoops game more distressing than the combined turnouts for the two hockey games, for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

It's just a shame to hear the excuses (regardless of whether their true) thrown around at BC when they aren't thrown around at other schools. If NU students (and me) could make it to BC's game in numbers despite the prior night's :clink , then BC's students definitely should be able to as well. At the end of the day, the excuses are just :lame .
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:05 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:It was at best 70% full...and this was for UNC. The game all semifans are supposed to be hyped up for. There was a giant poster in the Heights for it. Semifans live for this game.

Obviously the UNC Bball game is going to be more crowded than the NU game. My point is attendance at both was deplorable, relatively speaking. Deplorable relatively speaking for UNC, and deplorable for NU. The thing in common: Both afternoon weekend games.

People will say the reason they didn't go to the game was (1) hungover and (2) homework. Just telling it the way it is.

FWIW, you are the king of terrible guesstimations. 70% of Conte would be 6,000. There were far more than 6,000 people there for UNC. Kinda like how 10% of people on the west coast had heard of Boston College in 1980, right?

While the difference for the semi-fan exists, there are plenty of reasons why one game should have attracted more fans.

1) Current placing: Northeastern was in 4th place in HE at the time of the game. UNC was in 11th place in the ACC.
2) Location: Northeastern is a couple miles away. UNC is 700 miles away.
3) Going somewhere: The hockey program is our only national contender and is closing out another top regular season. Basketball isn't even in the top 100 basketball teams.
4) The Hangover: Presumably one should be less hungover at 3pm than noon.

Are you implying that it is easier to make it to a weeknight game than a weekend afternoon game?

Why are you arguing like I said hangovers and homework weren't reasons people weren't there? I simply labeled them for what they are: excuses.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:22 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:P and S: Great job at NU.

Thanks it took a whole lot of hard work and fronting of almost $1200 on his credit card from a poster on this board.
Thanks for the shoutout, claver. :flagus
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:27 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:It was at best 70% full...and this was for UNC. The game all semifans are supposed to be hyped up for. There was a giant poster in the Heights for it. Semifans live for this game.

FWIW, you are the king of terrible guesstimations. 70% of Conte would be 6,000. There were far more than 6,000 people there for UNC. Kinda like how 10% of people on the west coast had heard of Boston College in 1980, right?

While the difference for the semi-fan exists, there are plenty of reasons why one game should have attracted more fans.

1) Current placing: Northeastern was in 4th place in HE at the time of the game. UNC was in 11th place in the ACC.
2) Location: Northeastern is a couple miles away. UNC is 700 miles away.
3) Going somewhere: The hockey program is our only national contender and is closing out another top regular season. Basketball isn't even in the top 100 basketball teams.
4) The Hangover: Presumably one should be less hungover at 3pm than noon.

Are you implying that it is easier to make it to a weeknight game than a weekend afternoon game?

Why are you arguing like I said hangovers and homework weren't reasons people weren't there? I simply labeled them for what they are: excuses.

I was talking about student attendance. And I am right, ask anybody who actually was there. The student sections were about 70% full.

Are you really saying Northeastern Hockey should draw better than UNC Basketball for students? Have you ever met a non-devoted Boston College sports fan?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:37 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
I was talking about student attendance. And I am right, ask anybody who actually was there. The student sections were about 70% full.

I was at both games. I still don't agree with your estimate. Either way, you fail to mention that the student section was less than 20% full for the NU game. Of course, knowing your estimates, you'll probably say the student sections were 80% full.

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Are you really saying Northeastern Hockey should draw better than UNC Basketball for students? Have you ever met a non-devoted Boston College sports fan?

Try and read. Those are the reasons why there shouldn't have been such a huge discrepancy between the two games in the student draw. 70% to 20% is ridiculous.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:40 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

I was at both games. I still don't agree with your estimate. Either way, you fail to mention that the student section was less than 20% full for the NU game. Of course, knowing your estimates, you'll probably say the student sections were 80% full.

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Are you really saying Northeastern Hockey should draw better than UNC Basketball for students? Have you ever met a non-devoted Boston College sports fan?

Try and read. Those are the reasons why there shouldn't have been such a huge discrepancy between the two games in the student draw. 70% to 20% is ridiculous.

How full do you think the student section was for the UNC game?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:45 am

Keeping in mind you said this in the game thread:

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Packed house

There were tons of empty seats. Tons.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:47 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

I'd say definitely closer to 80%. Possibly even more. How full do you think the student section was for NU?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:49 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Keeping in mind you said this in the game thread:

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Packed house

There were tons of empty seats. Tons.

Most of the empty seats were in the DBS seating where they normally are. Sometimes I truly question whether you go to these games.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:51 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

I'd say definitely closer to 80%. Possibly even more. How full do you think the student section was for NU?

Are you kidding me? Your really getting on my case for saying "about 70% full", when you estimated it was "closer to 80%". You do realize that about means it can be a little more or less. You're talking about our guesses as being a difference of about 10 percent at most, yet I "am the king of terrible guestimations".
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink