BC vs. NU

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

BC vs. NU

Postby wolverineneshl on Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:05 pm

Would love 4 points but probably a split.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Re: BC vs. NU

Postby claver2010 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:09 pm

I'll have my typical write up tomorrow but I wanted to let those who have interest in going to Matthews on Friday night to call the BC ticket office tomorrow morning. NU is all sold out and BC has only about 30 left. There will be a very strong student presence at Matthews as about 200 students have tickets -as a BC student bought out all of the "group tickets" and we'll all be sections 26-28.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby OldEaglePub on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:43 am

We have to take at least 3 points from the next two games against NU. I think we tie the first one.
OldEaglePub
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:55 am

I wnat more scoring and balanced scoring to get everyone ready for the NCAA's.

Denver looks like a beast.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:53 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I'll have my typical write up tomorrow but I wanted to let those who have interest in going to Matthews on Friday night to call the BC ticket office tomorrow morning. NU is all sold out and BC has only about 30 left. There will be a very strong student presence at Matthews as about 200 students have tickets -as a BC student bought out all of the "group tickets" and we'll all be sections 26-28.

I snagged a pair this morning from BC. They are in section 25. I'm not sure how many are left.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:21 pm

I'm already pumped -that place is going to be a zoo.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:23 am

I can’t wait for Friday…….. I hope everyone goes nuts, covers the place in maroon and gold, not to mention that we get some real back and forth with the puppy pound. I only hope that our team doesn’t underestimate NU or Chris Rawlings. We need these at least three out of the four points this weekend, and we also have to keep in mind there’s a chance we might see these guys again in a few weeks for the quarterfinals.
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:49 am

Rawlings is a very good goalie who can steal a game (see earlier in the year when he beat BU 1-0 single handedly) but after watching them several times -they just cannot score. They'll probably take the UML method of trap the puck to death.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby ryrob on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:26 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I'll have my typical write up tomorrow but I wanted to let those who have interest in going to Matthews on Friday night to call the BC ticket office tomorrow morning. NU is all sold out and BC has only about 30 left. There will be a very strong student presence at Matthews as about 200 students have tickets -as a BC student bought out all of the "group tickets" and we'll all be sections 26-28.

Does anyone know if BC box office has any tickets left at this point? Or if this BC student who bought all the group tix has any extra?
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:29 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:

Does anyone know if BC box office has any tickets left at this point? Or if this BC student who bought all the group tix has any extra?

I'm pretty sure both have none available.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:38 pm

BC sent their little remaining allotment back Wednesday. It is sold out according to NU but you might be able to grab some outside Matthews pregame.

Edit: to answer your question, I believe he's all sold out but I'll ask

Edit^2: He's all sold out.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby ryrob on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:16 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:BC sent their little remaining allotment back Wednesday. It is sold out according to NU but you might be able to grab some outside Matthews pregame.

Edit: to answer your question, I believe he's all sold out but I'll ask

Edit^2: He's all sold out.

Thanks for checking.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:01 am

What do you guys think the outcome will be this weekend?? Who should start in net etc......where's the write up claver ?
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:02 pm

Sorry for the delay busy week, really looking forward to tonight's game. Matthews is the best place in HE to watch a game and it's even better when it's sold out.

BC looks to pick up some valuable HE points in order to stay in the running for the HE regular title. This series is not only important for the HE race but NU is a TUC and one that we can really start to gain some ground in the PWR over some teams who won't be playing many TUCs. This series is huge for NU as they need wins to get back into the NCAA picture as they currently sit at 23rd but some points over the #4 team would go a long way. Given the log jam in HE, NU is two points away from the crucial home ice but also two points from falling to the 8th seed. NU is playing their best hockey of the year thus far winning six of their last seven. They are lead by a very balanced offense attack as they have five players with 18+ points. Some names to watch are Tyler McNeely who seems like he's been around forever (Scotty Reynolds anyone?) and has played in big games before. He's 2nd on NU in points with 23. Another offensive threat is Fr. Jake Newton who has 18 points from D. NU's biggest surprise this year has been the big game ability of Fr. G Chris Rawlings. In his two biggest games of the year he beat BU at Matthews 1-0 saving all 43 shots his way and played very well again on the big stage against BU in the opening round of the Beanpot saving 33 of 35. NU has trouble scoring the puck against elite competition as seen when they have played UNH, BU, & BC this year they have put up 5 goals in 4 games against them.

For BC, we need to pick up some vital points if we want to gain a #1 and assurance of staying in Worcester (which barring collapse I think we have sewn up already). I would expect Muse to play both games this weekend as we have a Tuesday game against Merrimack this week which has Milner's name written all over it. Health wise there is talk that Matt Price, who sat out Saturday against UML still isn't healthy and will probably sit Friday out. Opposed to last year when we had great depth from the 12th to 13th forward there is a severe drop off this year. Alber who has played D this year got the spot last week in Price's spot and played well. He is prone to the stupid penalty but all things considered he has lost hte deer in headlights feel that he had when he first stepped on the ice.

Look for NU to trap the hell out of us as UML gave a good blueprint as to how to hold our high powered offense off the scoreboard. Should be a great environment tonight and Sunday's game is at 3 on ESPNU for those who don't get a lot of chances to watch the team.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:19 pm

As everyone in HE is back playing hte same number of games (UMA is +1 and Mack is -1), here are the standings followed by points.

1) UNH 29
2) BC 26
3) Maine 24
4) UMA 22
4) BU 22
6) NU 21
7) UML 20
8) UVM 19
9) Mack 17
10) PC 10

the schedule for HE this weekend is:
Friday:
UML @ Maine
BU @ PC
UMA @ Mack
BC @ NU
UVM @ UNH -the 7:30 NESN game of the week

Saturday:
UVM @ UNH
UML @ Maine
PC @ BU
Mack @ UMA

Sunday:
NU @ BC -the 3:00 ESPNU game of the week.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:25 pm

No problem claver, I enjoy reading your breakdown every week…just wondering what happened to it this week. I agree with your points about keeping pace for the regular season title, as well as the importance of using this series as a springboard into the NCAAs. Rawlings looks really strong in net, and an awesome pickup with the early departure of Thiessen. I have a funny feeling that we’re in for a pair of 3-2 sort of games this weekend. I agree that Muse should go for two this weekend especially with the day in between games. Great opportunity for people to watch the team on ESPNU on Sunday, but I also see it as an opportunity that was lost. I wish the AD decided to call this a “gold out” game like the FSU fball game or something and really worked to pack the house for the national game. Thanks for reminding me of the HE game of the week, need to set the dvr for that, I’m curious to see the team we’re chasing and a team we could possibly play in the first round go head to head……that being said looking forward to tonight, can’t wait to see lots of maroon and gold invading the puppy pound
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby AdamBC on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:26 pm

My copy-paste skills are strong:

http://www.eagleoutsider.com/wiki/index.php?title=Boston_College_vs_Northeastern_Weekend_2/19/10

p and s I pointed the Google to our Wiki so these previews will slowly be added to the search engine, but the discussions on the boards are not (for good reason).
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:15 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:My copy-paste skills are strong:

http://www.eagleoutsider.com/wiki/index.php?title=Boston_College_vs_Northeastern_Weekend_2/19/10

p and s I pointed the Google to our Wiki so these previews will slowly be added to the search engine, but the discussions on the boards are not (for good reason).

Yeah I forgot to add the wiki to google. I have purposely limited the google bots from the boards though....
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:09 am

:puke

We can't seem to put together a full game. The team tries to get too fancy - pass it too much looking for the perfect shot; eventually one of the shots gets hit away or is a bad pass and it escapes the zone. Jerry needs to have them put shots on net and charge the goal for rebounds. We have the talent to make a strong post-season run - but can we put it together and get hot at the right time? We will see soon enough...
IMG_2447.jpg
IMG_2447.jpg (78.08 KiB) Viewed 16778 times
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:50 pm

I think it was awesome to see a so many students in the corner by the NU net and other fans in general. Too bad we didn’t have more to cheer about, a sloppy game with a sad outcome. Regular season title is out of grasp, but we need to pull it together for Sunday. On a funny note….for a “soldout game” there were many fans dressed as empty seats in the lower bowl……I was going back and forth from my group in sect 10 + 15 and the BC end was empty for about the first half of the game, then all of a sudden it filled up and I overheard some NU staffers that they literally were pulling in people in off the street to come in for free.
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:02 pm

Alright finally have time to put my thoughts down.

1) Give NU credit, they capitalized on their chances. Case in point they really only had 1 opportunity in the first and it was a breakaway that they converted.
2) Rawlings is a very, very good freshman goalie
3) Kreider launched an absolute laser for the 2nd goal. Kid is really heating up. He isn't ready yet (still needs to become much more consistent and another year of weight training) but he has some absolute unteachable things.
4) Gibby needs to chill out. He had the hit of the year on Gryba but he can't play stupid, he is way too valuable. He had a blatant charge (took strides cross ice and left his feet = automatic) and then compounded the fact while his penalty was delayed he got a double minor. NU scored once in the first two and just after the 2nd penalty ended. I understand he is a physical presence but there is a difference between throwing your weight around and being stupid.
5) They need to split up the Whitney brothers on the point. Both of them see the ice very well for a forward and are very good passers but the first unit is essentially just passing it back and forth from the blue line. Have Dumoulin (who has been outstanding), Sneep, or another D man back there to blast it. Park Smith's ass in front of the net, he's excellent at deflections and isn't a midget. Get ugly!
6) Would be shocked if Muse doesn't play tomorrow. Milner will probably go Tuesday against Merrimack.

Sunday game is at 3 PM
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:49 pm

BC 5-1 with 17:36 to go in second period so they came out in demolishion mode.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:36 pm

7-1. Gibbons with a hattrick.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:53 pm

Just complete domination. It seemed as if we were on the powerplay for the entire game. Will have all the recap during the USA game. Go :screamyeagle Go :flagus
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCTG on Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:38 pm

just home from game; most complete effort I've seen from them in quite some time.

:screamyeagle
BCTG
Carney Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:19 pm

There were more NU students there than BC students. FUCKING NERDS!

Gibbons last goal was spectacular...bowl a guy over for the puck then top shelf the shit out of the puck all in one motion. Nasty.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:32 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:There were more NU students there than BC students. FUCKING NERDS!

Seriously. What is the deal with that? I think there were more students that went to the game at Northeastern than showed up at home.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:36 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:There were more NU students there than BC students. FUCKING NERDS!

Seriously. What is the deal with that? I think there were more students that went to the game at Northeastern than showed up at home.

For real. I guess Matthews is a better place to see a game.

:bag
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby shockdoct on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:56 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the game today. What an absolute ass-whooping. It was good to see Hayes get rewarded at the end for his hard work in the game. He is developing into quite the player at a rate much faster than Boyle did in his first 2 years.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:20 am

Less of a student turnout than I expected, but decent crowd overall and great effort from the entire lineup. I was a little surprised to see Milner in net over Muse, looking at the scoreboard after the game it doesn’t seem to matter who is between the pipes. I’m going to give out extra credit for the students that were in the stands for the “NO….Thiessen” chant and banners. :screamyeagle
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Next

Return to Kelley Rink