BC vs. NU

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC vs. NU

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:56 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Are you kidding me? Your really getting on my case for saying "about 70% full", when you estimated it was "closer to 80%". You do realize that about means it can be a little more or less. You're talking about our guesses as being a difference of about 10 percent at most, yet I "am the king of terrible guestimations".

Nice of you to knock off the "Possibly even more" part of my statement. Combine that with the fact that you actually said "at best 70%" and the differences in our estimations are beyond 10%, not "10% at most". Basic math.

So again, I point to the huge discrepancy between the two games. You done yet?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bcsoxfan12 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:38 pm

I think Friday/Saturday night games for hockey and I wish we had a few Saturday night games for Bball. I think they’re the perfect times, they sort of start off the night …hit a bar before you go to the game and by the time the games over you can make plans to go out, I mean who goes out before 9ish anyways. I understand tv coverage screws up the schedule big time, however tv games are important for all fans to show up not just students. I had seats I couldn’t give away on Sunday because people wanted to stay home and watch it on tv
bcsoxfan12
Campion Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:32 pm

Here are some photos from the BBall game. Having attended the game as well, I think 80% is very generous. It was the emptiest section of the arena.

http://985thesportshub.radio.com/2010/02/20/boston-college-vs-north-carolina/#photo-1

I think 20% to 30% is about right for the hockey game. Again, the student section was the emptiest section of the arena by far.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:48 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Here are some photos from the BBall game. Having attended the game as well, I think 80% is very generous. It was the emptiest section of the arena.

http://985thesportshub.radio.com/2010/02/20/boston-college-vs-north-carolina/#photo-1

I think 20% to 30% is about right for the hockey game. Again, the student section was the emptiest section of the arena by far.

Thank you for the proof.

Is there a question you want me to answer p6p? I have no problem doing so but it just sounds like you are ranting.

And, I did say around, not "at best". Look at my posts.
Last edited by commavegarage on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Sorry to interrupt the slap fight but, somewhat regarding the game, I've always found Conte extremely difficult to play when empty, specifically when the lower bowl is sparsely filled. Whenever the puck goes against the glass or anything it's tough to pick up the bounce, angle, and whatnot. I'm sure it helps if you practice there daily but it's something that's always pissed me off about the place.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:26 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Here are some photos from the BBall game. Having attended the game as well, I think 80% is very generous. It was the emptiest section of the arena.

I'll cite this photo.

Sure looks like more than 4 in every 5 seats are taken. There are some others where there are pockets of 2 or 3 seats empty in various places. Just remember two things. 1) There are more seats for students immediately behind the basket (which were full) than in the bowl area right behind the basket. 2) Empty seats stand out more.

The most empty section of the arena was DBS seating (for hoops). Without a doubt. The most empty section for NU was clearly the student section.
Last edited by pick6pedro on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:30 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Thank you for the proof.

Is there a question you want me to answer p6p? I have no problem doing so but it just sounds like you are ranting.

And, I did say around, not "at best". Look at my posts.

I did read you posts (better than you in fact):

commavegarage {l Wrote}:It was at best 70% full...and this was for UNC. The game all semifans are supposed to be hyped up for. There was a giant poster in the Heights for it. Semifans live for this game.

My two biggest points have apparently flown far over your head. #1 Why the large discrepancy (be it 80-20 or 70-30)? #2 excuses.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:41 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:My two biggest points have apparently flown far over your head. #1 Why the large discrepancy (be it 80-20 or 70-30)? #2 excuses.

For the record, they didn't fly over my head.

:popcorn
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:41 pm

And if you're pointing at photos like this one (early in the progression in the roll as opposed to the first one I posted where it was far later in the roll), it was most likely taken early in the game. If you noticed, the attendants trickled in pretty slowly. It took a while for the seats to fill up. And these pictures are of the exact same section of the arena. Proof my ass.

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:55 pm

So your question is "Why the large discrepancy". If it is, isn't that obvious? It's the same reason the student section will be 20% full tonight and probably half full at best tomorrow. Likewise, we could play BU in hockey at 11 am or 11 pm and it would be 100% full. It's all in the name of the other team. How is that difficult to grasp?

As for the excuses, well, I've, Claver, and BN have already given you the reasons Sunday wasn't full.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:59 pm

And don't give me this bullshit that it was full based on one picture?

How about this one taken in the second half:

commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:05 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:So your question is "Why the large discrepancy". If it is, isn't that obvious? It's the same reason the student section will be 20% full tonight and probably half full at best tomorrow. Likewise, we could play BU in hockey at 11 am or 11 pm and it would be 100% full. It's all in the name of the other team. How is that difficult to grasp?

Have you ever heard of a thing called a rhetorical question? I know the excuses, I know the list well because it's all the same from the time I was there up until now (of which, surprise, surprise I am still well aware of even though I'm an alum. I've continually pointed out numerous reasons why it shouldn't be that way. An 80-20 or 70-30 discrepancy is still BS. It's surprising to me that a scholar like yourself can totally miss these things, let alone misquote yourself and muddy the waters of a discussion with such distractions.

commavegarage {l Wrote}:As for the excuses, well, I've, Claver, and BN have already given you the reasons Sunday wasn't full.

Man, you really don't get the difference between pointing out excuses and asking for the excuses do you? Honestly, I don't get why I waste my time with you.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:09 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:And don't give me this bullshit that it was full based on one picture?

How about this one taken in the second half:

And where did I say it was full? Dude, you're starting to move towards OJ status here.

Yes, there are plenty of seats in the lower bowl that are empty. However, taking into account that there are far more seats in the section immediately behind the basket (which was full) and that the very middle of the bowl area is the least popular because you have a giant basket in your way...not hard to get to 80%. Especially if this was taken right as the 2nd half started where people were wandering back to their seats (which I'm not sure of, so I want to be clear to you that I'm not saying it definitely was because Lord knows you'll interpret it that way unless I express it clearly).
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby AdamBC on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:16 pm

:slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:18 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}::slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight

I'm proud to say that my photos only enhanced the :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight .
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:20 pm

What's your point? There should have been more people at the NU game? Yes, I agree with you. But everybody already laid out why this wasn't the case. And the yellow wasn't full. Trust me, I was sitting in a 3/4 full section.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:21 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}::slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight

I'm proud to say that my photos only enhanced the :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight :slapfight .

No doubt about that. It also enhanced how bad Courtney was out of position on that play. I'll bet he had to help someone else's man and couldn't get back in time. Just a guess.

What percentage of west coasters know BC? Did you know that there are no students who have mommy and daddy pay for their BC sports tickets? No self-respecting student would allow their parents to pay for tickets. Did you know that UNC is a big named basketball program? Did you know students drink and study on the weekend? I've learned so much today.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:22 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:What's your point? There should have been more people at the NU game? Yes, I agree with you. But everybody already laid out why this wasn't the case. And the yellow wasn't full. Trust me, I was sitting in a 3/4 full section.

OK, I'll trust you - but not before you catch me as I fall backwards...
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:24 pm

I'll ask again. What's your point?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:25 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:What's your point? There should have been more people at the NU game? Yes, I agree with you. But everybody already laid out why this wasn't the case. And the yellow wasn't full. Trust me, I was sitting in a 3/4 full section.

Damn - where were you? I've got a terrible concussion! What an asshole. Trust revoked.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:31 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Damn - where were you? I've got a terrible concussion! What an asshole. Trust revoked.

I just looked at your profile. You've been on a TREMENDOUS karmic roll. Congrats.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:37 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:I just looked at your profile. You've been on a TREMENDOUS karmic roll. Congrats.

Ah, so I have. Still don't get karma. Stop checking in on my profile, stalker!

CAG - seriously man, one point that should come from all of this is that you need to lighten up a tad. My other points are blatantly obvious and thoroughly spelled-out. While I Bama your spotless attendance record, I do not Bama your muddy waters. (that sounded odd)
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:39 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:stalker!

:boxer :boxer :boxer :boxer :boxer :boxer :boxer :boxer :boxer :boxer :boxer

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:I do not Bama your muddy waters.

Eww.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:40 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:I do not Bama your muddy waters.

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Eww.

I guess that wasn't clear. Above I referenced how he muddied discussions...ah forget it.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:51 pm

Lighten up? I'm supposed to know the difference as to when you are freaking out/making no sense and when you are attempting to be "funny". Give me a break. Spend less time trying to be funny on EO and more time doing work so you can catch the Merrimack game tonight. I'm sure it's going to be empty, much to your surprise. If you make it, make sure you count every person so we don't have to estimate how many people were there.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:53 pm

Don't bother counting me. I'll definitely be there, but might arrive horrendously late because it's what the whalepants and (recently and increasingly) what the nerds do.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:57 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Lighten up? I'm supposed to know the difference as to when you are freaking out/making no sense and when you are attempting to be "funny". Give me a break. Spend less time trying to be funny on EO and more time doing work so you can catch the Merrimack game tonight. I'm sure it's going to be empty, much to your surprise. If you make it, make sure you count every person so we don't have to estimate how many people were there.

Yep that's me. "Freaking out" by pointing out the crappy student attendance and lame excuses involved. Yawn.

I'll give you credit for the counting line - that was a good one. (I am definitely going to count though and keep it in my back pocket for future slapfights with students who can't keep up with their own arguments)
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Kelley Rink