Frozen Fenway Game

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Frozen Fenway Game

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:38 am

I knew it would be "cold" for this game, but holy crap - I just checked the weather for Friday. 40% chance of snow, high of only 26 and a low of 17, with 13 mph winds to boot. With the 7:30 p.m. start time, we're probably looking at a game time temp of about 20 degrees.

This could wind up being the coldest outdoor sporting event I've ever been to. Bring the hand warmers.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Re: Frozen Fenway Game

Postby buconvict on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:47 am

Given that people are keenly aware of how crappy almost every seat in the stadium is, is there any concern that Fenway won't be full?

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:51 am

I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:55 am

buconvict {l Wrote}:Given that people are keenly aware of how crappy almost every seat in the stadium is, is there any concern that Fenway won't be full?

I don't think it is the sight lines that will lead to empty seats. I'm going with a group of 18 people. Some of the girls are expressing concern about the weather, but the guys are all in. I imagine that you will have a few no-shows, and the other problem is that the single ticket being good for both the men's and women's games means that anyone there to watch the women's game (fortunately this is probably a small percentage of the ticket buyers) likely won't stick around for another 3 hours to freeze their asses off more. But as one of my friends pointed out, "On the bright side, it will be too cold for rain."
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:28 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:the other problem is that the single ticket being good for both the men's and women's games means that anyone there to watch the women's game (fortunately this is probably a small percentage of the ticket buyers) likely won't stick around for another 3 hours to freeze their asses off more.

I would love to know why the people who put this together felt the need to put women's hockey in this event. It was the stupidest decision I have seen in a long time.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:45 am

BC 6 BU 4
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby buconvict on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:15 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:Given that people are keenly aware of how crappy almost every seat in the stadium is, is there any concern that Fenway won't be full?

I don't think it is the sight lines that will lead to empty seats. I'm going with a group of 18 people. Some of the girls are expressing concern about the weather, but the guys are all in. I imagine that you will have a few no-shows, and the other problem is that the single ticket being good for both the men's and women's games means that anyone there to watch the women's game (fortunately this is probably a small percentage of the ticket buyers) likely won't stick around for another 3 hours to freeze their asses off more. But as one of my friends pointed out, "On the bright side, it will be too cold for rain."

If you gave me a free ticket to sit near the Pesky Pole or behind home plate, I wouldn't take it. You can't see ANYTHING.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:24 pm

Anyone have the seating chart from the original ticket sales for this? A college roommate has my tickets, but I am sure we are in the the BC section.

Judging from the past placement of the BC section, I should probably just expect to sit behind a pole.

After nothing on google, here is the chart from HE.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:37 pm

At least the band will be there.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:39 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:At least the band will be there.

GDF convinced them to walk.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:59 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:the other problem is that the single ticket being good for both the men's and women's games means that anyone there to watch the women's game (fortunately this is probably a small percentage of the ticket buyers) likely won't stick around for another 3 hours to freeze their asses off more.

I would love to know why the people who put this together felt the need to put women's hockey in this event. It was the stupidest decision I have seen in a long time.

I disagree. I'd like to know who thought having Denis Leary and Lenny Clark singing "Sweet Caroline" at a fucking Bruins game would be a good idea.

:81
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:03 am

In case I haven't already mentioned it, I will be assembling a cache of booze to smuggle into Fenway. This is how I will pwn the cold.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby EaglesTalon on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:18 pm

BC's wearing alternates.

These would be cool without the fenway stuff (green stripe for the green monster & baseball diamond instead of the name)
Attachments
Front.jpg
Front.jpg (199.54 KiB) Viewed 28441 times
back.jpg
back.jpg (187.52 KiB) Viewed 28441 times
EaglesTalon
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eagledom on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:22 pm

Are those supposed to be gold? That green stripe is fucking awful. As is the BC logo on the front instead of the full name.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby JConman on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:03 pm

I don't mind the baseball diamond, but the BC logo on the front is awful. Go with the normal "Boston College" or incorporate the early 90's flying eagle. Anything but the slanty logo. not to mention the numbers on the back seem extra slanty . . .
JConman
Carney Hall

Postby buconvict on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:16 pm

The numbers look like they're a different color... red almost.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:40 pm

Dilemma: My super warm Ski jacket and shell is Crimson Red. I can't wear it Friday.

Solution: I will be extra drunk.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:08 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Solution: I will be extra drunk.

You're welcome. I posted the solution in the third post in this thread.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby NorthEndEagle on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:41 pm

I heard a nasty rumor that no beer will be sold during the game. Anyone else hear this? It just can't be true.
CONSIDER THIS ACCOUNT CLOSED
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:56 pm

Considering they sell beer at other college hockey events and Fenway likes to price gouge everything I don't see why they wouldn't.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby NorthEndEagle on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:01 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Considering they sell beer at other college hockey events and Fenway likes to price gouge everything I don't see why they wouldn't.

Well word has it that Aramark is not running the show at Fenway on Friday. So I don't know what that means but I assume it would mean the schools would be responsible for concessions.
CONSIDER THIS ACCOUNT CLOSED
NorthEndEagle
Carney Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:13 pm

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Considering they sell beer at other college hockey events and Fenway likes to price gouge everything I don't see why they wouldn't.

Well word has it that Aramark is not running the show at Fenway on Friday. So I don't know what that means but I assume it would mean the schools would be responsible for concessions.

This may be the scariest thing I've heard in my life. I may need to get in on Nick's Smugglin' Gang; count me in for 17 Jamo nips in my bunghole-- errrr pockets. :oops: Just wash the poopslime off after I take them out of my pockets.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:29 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:

This may be the scariest thing I've heard in my life. I may need to get in on Nick's Smugglin' Gang; count me in for 17 Jamo nips in my bunghole-- errrr pockets. :oops: Just wash the poopslime off after I take them out of my pockets.

Long wool socks not only will keep my feet warm; they will also hold 2 half-pints of whiskey, one against each leg. A solid winter hat will not only keep my dome warm; it will also hold three or four nips of Baileys against the top of my head.

:chewbanka
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:45 pm

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:

Well BU sells beer at their games.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:47 pm

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:

My guess is that Hockey East is running the show. I'm not sure what that means, but I wouldn't risk it. And I'm not.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:54 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Oh yeah. I really hadn't thought of that prior to Monday at all. Thank you.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:02 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Oh yeah. I really hadn't thought of that prior to Monday at all. Thank you.

Since there's no red font, I'll assume you're expressing real gratitude. You're welcome.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby AdamBC on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:52 am

AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby TheBlueEnigmaParty on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:29 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:

Well BU sells beer at their games.

Not only does BU sell beer at their games, but they sell beer at the Bean pot and at Hockey East, however they do not sell beer during the NCAA tournament, so who the hell knows.
What worries me is that this rumor is out there and knowing how Boston things more difficult than they need to me, it wouldn't surprise me if they had to promise no beer in order to get the permits for this game.

IT WOULD SUCK IF TRUE.
TheBlueEnigmaParty
n00b

Postby TheBlueEnigmaParty on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:50 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:Image

Make all the jokes about me you want but we have a more serious situation here. Why the heck wouldn't they sell alcohal at Fenway on Friday for this huge game? I am angry just thinking about it.
TheBlueEnigmaParty
n00b

Next

Return to Kelley Rink