2020-21 Season

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:14 pm

finally tabbs does something right for bc
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 21490
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5900

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby Los on Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:05 pm

Could be BC vs BU for a spot in the Frozen Four on Sunday.
- Los
User avatar
Los
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:06 am
Location: Here
Karma: 89

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby hansen on Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:44 pm

Los wrote:Could be BC vs BU for a spot in the Frozen Four on Sunday.


Not so fast my friend
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17436
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: -899

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:47 pm

Motts is terrible as a studio analyst, but it might be his first time doing it. He hosts the New England Hockey Journal tv show, but it's not live.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:37 am
Karma: 61

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:19 am

agreed.

great nodak /umd game last night
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19189
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3240

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:16 pm

good first period, flying
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19189
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3240

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:40 pm

knight still looks like he's fighting it

edit: wtf espn the feed just went to commercial
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19189
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3240

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:01 pm

choke job coming
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 21490
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5900

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:07 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:choke job coming


Getting dominated in the 2nd period.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9002
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 194

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:12 pm

that's a good goal, horrid period
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19189
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3240

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:26 pm

I did not watch much college hockey this year so I don't know if they weren't shitty the rest of the time, but that series before the second st cloud goal was embarrassing.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 33002
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2515

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby hansen on Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:32 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:choke job coming


Getting dominated in the 2nd period.


THIS
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17436
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: -899

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:40 pm

Bright side is that line can score at any time. They just don't.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 33002
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2515

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:48 pm

twballgame9 wrote:Bright side is that line can score at any time. They just don't.


and the other lines really can't. big line is going to go about 50% of minutes down the stretch

hutsko injury really hurt
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19189
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3240

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:55 pm

I was making fun of the announcers. It's like Kiwi is back
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 33002
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2515

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:08 pm

This is embarrassing.
User avatar
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9289
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: I am the Duke of New York
Karma: 1658

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:11 pm

That might be the worst trophy season I've ever seen by BCteam. Gutless.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 33002
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2515

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby hansen on Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:12 pm

DuchesneEast wrote:This is embarrassing.


Zero heart
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17436
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: -899

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby MaxxPower325 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:13 pm

The skill on this team is obvious but they lack grit. 2nd and 3rd goals were pure effort and desire.

Probably doesn’t help that it is 19 year olds playing against 22 year olds either.
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:48 am
Karma: 106

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:14 pm

hansen wrote:
DuchesneEast wrote:This is embarrassing.


Zero heart


Nailed it. How about someone on the bench start screaming
User avatar
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9289
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: I am the Duke of New York
Karma: 1658

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:22 pm

twballgame9 wrote:I was making fun of the announcers. It's like Kiwi is back


This season ended the minute Hutsko went down. I had high hopes for this team at the beginning of the year but the vibe of this team is more a poor man’s 2002-2007. Good teams, but flawed enough that they couldn’t get it done when it mattered—and most of those teams were better than this one. I had faith after the debacle of the 2016-17, 17-18 and 18-19 Eagles that Jerry was putting it back together for one more run, but while the top line talent is substantial, this was a poorly constructed team. I would assume that Knight will leave, as will Newhook. Maybe that’s for the best, Jerry’s best teams were mostly mid to late round draft picks and skilled 4 year players supplemented by the occasional late 1st rounder like Kolanos, Orpik, Boyle, Kreider, Kevin Hayes (although Jimmy is a good example of a late 2nd rounder who fit the mold). We have also never won shot with a highly drafted goalie. But 9 years after our last Championship, I don’t know if Coach Champion has one more in him. No shame there, if he isn’t the greatest college coach ever he is top 3, but this may be the late Bobby Bowden version of Jerry York.
Last edited by Dick Rosenthal on Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dick Rosenthal
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3905
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 347

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby hansen on Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:23 pm

DuchesneEast wrote:
hansen wrote:
DuchesneEast wrote:This is embarrassing.


Zero heart


Nailed it. How about someone on the bench start screaming


I don’t know what made me more sick to my stomach this weekend... this game or watching those 2 girls murder that Uber driver.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17436
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: -899

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby Supahfan99 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:24 pm

This result is not all that surprising having watched them all season. Weird team - they would sleepwalk 40 minutes a night, but had the skill to sneak 4 goals a game in against what seems like a terrible Hockey East conference this year.

The problems persisted but were never fixed. Although I don't know if they were fixable. A lot of talent is going to be lost. This may be a huge transition period for the program. They've lost the ability to win in the postseason and are shitting themselves in the big games with their nice records and Hobey finalists. Something is amiss.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:13 pm
Karma: 181

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:00 pm

Dick Rosenthal wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:I was making fun of the announcers. It's like Kiwi is back


This season ended the minute Hutsko went down. I had high hopes for this team at the beginning of the year but the vibe of this team is more a poor man’s 2002-2007. Good teams, but flawed enough that they couldn’t get it done when it mattered—and most of those teams were better than this one. I had faith after the debacle of the 2016-17, 17-18 and 18-19 Eagles that Jerry was putting it back together for one more run, but while the top line talent is substantial, this was a poorly constructed team. I would assume that Knight will leave, as will Newhook. Maybe that’s for the best, Jerry’s best teams were mostly mid to late round draft picks and skilled 4 year players supplemented by the occasional late 1st rounder like Kolanos, Orpik, Boyle, Kreider, Kevin Hayes (although Jimmy is a good example of a late 2nd rounder who fit the mold). We have also never won shot with a highly drafted goalie. But 9 years after our last Championship, I don’t know if Coach Champion has one more in him. No shame there, if he isn’t the greatest college coach ever he is top 3, but this may be the late Bobby Bowden version of Jerry York.


he also had those kids stick around 3 (occasionally 4) years

we'll see
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19189
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3240

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby BCMurt09 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:40 pm

Have to mention that this was the youngest team in the tournament and a team with no tournament experience.

This program has also not been quite the same since Cavanaugh left for UConn. I don’t know how important his role was but you can’t help but notice that our last title was in 2012 and he left in 2013.

It will be interesting to see who stays and if it’s enough to let Jerry make one more run. I bumped into Knights dad a few weeks ago and he said Spencer wants to stay but may not have a choice. I interpreted that to mean a not insignificant signing bonus was on the table or the Panthers just want him there sooner rather than later.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"
User avatar
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3668
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 am
Karma: 618

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:36 pm

BCMurt09 wrote:Have to mention that this was the youngest team in the tournament and a team with no tournament experience.

This program has also not been quite the same since Cavanaugh left for UConn. I don’t know how important his role was but you can’t help but notice that our last title was in 2012 and he left in 2013.

It will be interesting to see who stays and if it’s enough to let Jerry make one more run. I bumped into Knights dad a few weeks ago and he said Spencer wants to stay but may not have a choice. I interpreted that to mean a not insignificant signing bonus was on the table or the Panthers just want him there sooner rather than later.


I think Cav was the coach to ride the kids' asses, but their youth and lack of strength and experience are more important. I've agreed with Dick for some time - the high draft pick, NDTP kids don't stick around long enough to develop. All four #1 seeds are now out before the Frozen Four - I don't know if that's happened before (checking now). The teams that are left have mostly older kids who stick around. BC has eight 19 y-o's, and two 18 y-o's. UMass has no players under 20, while Mankato just dominated the Gophers; they only have three 20 y-o's, none younger than that. St. Cloud has just one 19 y-o and three 20 y-o's. Duluth is a fairly young team, but they only have eight kids under 21, and they have the most experience. Time to get away from the equivalent of basketball one-and-dones.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:37 am
Karma: 61

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby Los on Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:20 am

York will stick around for at least one more run. Frozen Four is in Boston next year and he won’t turn down an opportunity to go out on top in his hometown.
- Los
User avatar
Los
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:06 am
Location: Here
Karma: 89

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:24 am

like you i think he has 1 more year in him. honestly the performance over the last 2 (legendary status aside), he's earned it.

incredibly important 12-13 months for the program.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 19189
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3240

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:11 am

BostonCollege1 wrote:
BCMurt09 wrote:Have to mention that this was the youngest team in the tournament and a team with no tournament experience.

This program has also not been quite the same since Cavanaugh left for UConn. I don’t know how important his role was but you can’t help but notice that our last title was in 2012 and he left in 2013.

It will be interesting to see who stays and if it’s enough to let Jerry make one more run. I bumped into Knights dad a few weeks ago and he said Spencer wants to stay but may not have a choice. I interpreted that to mean a not insignificant signing bonus was on the table or the Panthers just want him there sooner rather than later.


I think Cav was the coach to ride the kids' asses, but their youth and lack of strength and experience are more important. I've agreed with Dick for some time - the high draft pick, NDTP kids don't stick around long enough to develop. All four #1 seeds are now out before the Frozen Four - I don't know if that's happened before (checking now). The teams that are left have mostly older kids who stick around. BC has eight 19 y-o's, and two 18 y-o's. UMass has no players under 20, while Mankato just dominated the Gophers; they only have three 20 y-o's, none younger than that. St. Cloud has just one 19 y-o and three 20 y-o's. Duluth is a fairly young team, but they only have eight kids under 21, and they have the most experience. Time to get away from the equivalent of basketball one-and-dones.


As has been discussed ad nauseum, it was his ability up until 2012 to get guys to stick around. It's not a coincidence that the tournament drought coincides with what have been the upper-class years of Hanifin and the lying member of a no-good race Milano. As Claver said, an incredibly important few months coming up. If he can get Newhook and Knight to stay that will be huge.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"
User avatar
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3668
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 am
Karma: 618

Re: 2020-21 Season

Postby Logitano on Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:10 pm

BCMurt09 wrote:
BostonCollege1 wrote:
BCMurt09 wrote:Have to mention that this was the youngest team in the tournament and a team with no tournament experience.

This program has also not been quite the same since Cavanaugh left for UConn. I don’t know how important his role was but you can’t help but notice that our last title was in 2012 and he left in 2013.

It will be interesting to see who stays and if it’s enough to let Jerry make one more run. I bumped into Knights dad a few weeks ago and he said Spencer wants to stay but may not have a choice. I interpreted that to mean a not insignificant signing bonus was on the table or the Panthers just want him there sooner rather than later.


I think Cav was the coach to ride the kids' asses, but their youth and lack of strength and experience are more important. I've agreed with Dick for some time - the high draft pick, NDTP kids don't stick around long enough to develop. All four #1 seeds are now out before the Frozen Four - I don't know if that's happened before (checking now). The teams that are left have mostly older kids who stick around. BC has eight 19 y-o's, and two 18 y-o's. UMass has no players under 20, while Mankato just dominated the Gophers; they only have three 20 y-o's, none younger than that. St. Cloud has just one 19 y-o and three 20 y-o's. Duluth is a fairly young team, but they only have eight kids under 21, and they have the most experience. Time to get away from the equivalent of basketball one-and-dones.


As has been discussed ad nauseum, it was his ability up until 2012 to get guys to stick around. It's not a coincidence that the tournament drought coincides with what have been the upper-class years of Hanifin and the lying member of a no-good race Milano. As Claver said, an incredibly important few months coming up. If he can get Newhook and Knight to stay that will be huge.


McLaughlin needs to comeback. There I said it. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2281
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:43 pm
Karma: 1053

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Untitled document