Team USA - Women

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Team USA - Women

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:13 am

What a win for the USA women!
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Re: Team USA - Women

Postby BostonCollege1 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:19 am

BCMurt09 wrote:What a win for the USA women!

Yes!

Shootouts still suck, though. Nothings‘s more exciting than OT hockey with everything on the line.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:05 am

I believe there were 5 BC chicks-with-sticks on that club. However, there were north of 10 from U of Minnesota (3 or 4 of whom were originally from Mass).
“Look, Joe’s not all there, everybody knows it and it’s sad when you look at it and you see it, you see it for yourself. He’s created his own sanctuary city in that basement, wherever he is, and he doesn’t come out.”
HJS
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:16 am

i'm sure tuba could provide better insight but based on the every 4 years it's on, it seems like the quality of play between :flagus & :flagca has really improved over the past couple of olympics

unfortunately the other nations look like they'd get roasted by a generic high school team
Last edited by claver2010 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:18 am

HJS wrote:I believe there were 5 BC chicks-with-sticks on that club. However, there were north of 10 from U of Minnesota (3 or 4 of whom were originally from Mass).

I saw somewhere the game being described as essentially BU & Wisconsin (Canada) vs. BC & Minnesota (USA)
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:32 pm

BCMurt09 wrote:I saw somewhere the game being described as essentially BU & Wisconsin (Canada) vs. BC & Minnesota (USA)
Ha yeah that was me -- that was a bit of an oversimplification, because 4 Wisconsin players are on the US team too (5 Canadians)... but Minnesota and BC have only American Olympians, and BU has only Canadians (including Poulin).

claver2010 wrote:i'm sure tuba could provide better insight but based on the every 4 years it's on, it seems like the quality of play between :flagus & :flagca has really improved over the past couple of olympics

unfortunately the other nations look like they'd get roasted by a generic high school team

Finland is pretty good. Then you have a few teams -- Russia, the Swiss, maybe one other -- who could give Finland a battle but are maybe a step below.

Parity is a problem in women's hockey but it's no worse than any other team sport. At least there are 2 dominant powers in this one. Also part of the problem is that USA and Canada centralize to train together for almost a full year and no other country does.

USA vs. Canada women's hockey is a thrill though. It was a crime that it had to end in a shootout, but at least they dominated the overtime. They deserved the win.

BC's Megan Keller (who still has a year of eligibility), who led USA in time on ice in the final, had a breakaway in OT. If she had scored that would have been pretty much the greatest possible game I think.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:00 am

Who you got in the curling?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Salzano14 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:46 am

twballgame9 wrote:Who you got in the curling?

AMERICA

(Are we good at curling? Curling is awesome but the only thing I know about it is that my friends who get the most into it during the Olympics like to complain about John Shuster.)
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:15 pm

Salzano14 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:Who you got in the curling?

AMERICA

(Are we good at curling? Curling is awesome but the only thing I know about it is that my friends who get the most into it during the Olympics like to complain about John Shuster.)

CurlingRuption
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Return to Kelley Rink