Demko a Hobey Finalist

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Demko a Hobey Finalist

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:35 pm

with Connor and Vesey.

I think it goes to Connor unless the voters get too uptight about giving it to a freshman 2 years in a year.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Re: Demko a Hobey Finalist

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:23 am

Love that the B's passed up on Connor. Demko is great but he's a distant third in the race. At least they'll get Jimmy in due time.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:54 pm

Hope Demko stays for his senior year. What are the chances? Who else might leave?
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:20 am

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:Hope Demko stays for his senior year. What are the chances? Who else might leave?

I have zero inside scoop, but based on how the draft rights work now, I'd say Demko's a goner (especially in light of Vesey - there will be more pressure on guys 3 years after they've been drafted).

I'm also concerned Tuch, White, Wood and McCoshen could go.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:26 pm

no inside scoop on this either but assuming he ultimately wants to sign w van i'd be shocked if he doesn't sign in a couple of weeks. he really doesn't have anything prove individually at this level, he's already the best goalie in college (esp post new hips)

assuming mccoshen stays sober, he's ready too. nhl shot.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:29 am

I think Demko will certainly bolt if we can win the whole thing and will likely leave regardless. He's healthy and at the top of his game and, like you said, not needing to prove much.

The other big flight risks IMO are McCoshen (don't know if claver's sober comment is a real thing or just a reference to how he played against Northeastern), Tuch and White. White did fade at the end of the year, so he may not be NHL-ready yet. How much of that was due to nagging injuries I don't know.

I know people like Wood (and I do too) but he needs more polish. If he leaves, he's in the AHL for a year or two at least. I always took the fact that he took the extra year to get his grades to where they needed to be as a sign that he wanted to play at BC specifically, so just a gut feeling that he wants to stick around.

Can't see Fitz or Cango leaving early (again, they'd both be AHL bound). What's nice is we have built up forward depth again where we can handle a few early exits.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:34 am

yeah sorry that was irresponsible messageboardery, my comment re mccoshen was because of his NU game not insinuating anything
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:21 am

McCoshen and Tuch have all the skills to be NHL players right now, but ...
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Return to Kelley Rink