BCI's 2015 GIF of the Year

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

BCI's 2015 GIF of the Year

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:29 pm

Just a little shout out to this enjoyable bit of preseason distraction from the good folks at BCI. The only thing I don't really like is that it feels like less of a discussion because you can only comment on individual matchups as opposed to keeping a running thread. I may be alone in wanting to spend any time on this, but I figured why not start up a thread here.

With appropriate credit given where credit is due: http://www.bcinterruption.com/2015-gif- ... tournament

Today's matchup between Sherm Alston's end around TD against USC and the BU championship-dreams-crushing goal in particular motivated this post. It got me thinking about Alston's play and left me pretty confident in saying that this was the Play of the Year for Boston College Athletics in 2014.

So, first of all, it turned the tide from trailing 17-13 to leading 20-17 in an amazingly fun night game on national television. But also, I feel like this play just so perfectly captures what the future for BC Football under Daz can be. The speedy counter playing off the power option game executed to absolute perfection. The OLine dominates this play, in particular Betancourt (I think) peeling off and making a fantastic and critical block 12 yards downfield on the safety. Receivers dominating their blocks. And then actually having the talent at skill positions to outrun ANYONE left to be beaten. I remember this play just making me feel so good and optimistic about the future!

Play of the year?

With all that said, play of the year is different from GIF of the year. And that USC fans reaction GIF is one of my favorite examples of the genre ever.

:screamyeagle :angrychicken :screamyeagle :angrychicken :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Re: BCI's 2015 GIF of the Year

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:55 pm

i prefer the saxophone to the tuba
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:02 pm

The fact that the BU schadenfreude goal is on that list is an absolute embarrassment.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:05 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The fact that the BU schadenfreude goal is on that list is an absolute embarrassment.

check the top of the bracket :bag
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:14 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The fact that the BU schadenfreude goal is on that list is an absolute embarrassment.

I hate that site.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:37 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I hate that site.

Holy fucking shit. More BU schadenfreude falling in defeat to two women's hockey "highlights." Why didn't any of you beat those dudes up and take their lunch money while you were at BC?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:48 pm

1. None of us were there when any of those awful clowns were attending - the nerdification era stands between this site and that one.

B. If you ran out of dining hall points you didn't have to beat anyone up - you just had to find an ugly girl with a thin body, bang her several times, and voila! Free chicken parms the second half of each semester (or Addies, depending on how ugly she was)

iii. This is appalling.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:51 pm

Dtwalrus I like your spirit and love of BC enough to push your karma up from red to 0. But I dislike the kind words for "that site" enough that I'm not going to put you into the green. :)
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby StratEagle on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:16 pm

I stopped reading after "octofinals"
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:16 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:1. None of us were there when any of those awful clowns were attending - the nerdification era stands between this site and that one...

this is untrue and downright lazy.

chaz b0mo has admitted on several occasions that the founders of that site used to play the goal posts to his center hash.

i think claver used to date tubasteak's wife when he and toobs were classmates. yeah, that's right, as soon as toobs kisses his wife (any day now) he's have transitively kissed claver's weener.

EDIT - i wish justin or huang were still alive so i could ask their permission to meatbomb the shit out of this awful thread in spite of it's location on the football board
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:49 pm

that is 100% false

*i can't speak for chaz
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:53 pm

There must be a three-year statute of limitations TRE
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:22 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Dtwalrus I like your spirit and love of BC enough to push your karma up from red to 0. But I dislike the kind words for "that site" enough that I'm not going to put you into the green. :)

I'm honestly surprised by the disdain for BCI. Maybe I am missing the back story, but I don't think I'm nerdification era ('06?). I just view it as a decent place to snag some daily BC links. If someone has an alternative I'd gladly conform to the requisite hate that this board demands.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:49 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:... I don't think I'm nerdification era ('06?)...

do you also subscribe to the theory that it's not gay if you don't look down?
Last edited by TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:56 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Dtwalrus I like your spirit and love of BC enough to push your karma up from red to 0. But I dislike the kind words for "that site" enough that I'm not going to put you into the green. :)

I'm honestly surprised by the disdain for BCI. Maybe I am missing the back story, but I don't think I'm nerdification era ('06?). I just view it as a decent place to snag some daily BC links. If someone has an alternative I'd gladly conform to the requisite hate that this board demands.

There's no backstory. The most popular gifs over there so far are 2 women's hockey gifs and 2 BU hockey gifs that don't involve BC. There needs to be a backstory?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:32 pm

So did BCI retaliate for the mean words in this thread by bringing down EO earlier? I was worried because even ghettEO was vacant.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:10 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:So did BCI retaliate for the mean words in this thread by bringing down EO earlier? I was worried because even ghettEO was vacant.

nah - i've had several expenriences over the past few weeks that i've been the only person here.

i think it's apathy of the users rather than some ghost in the machine
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:22 pm

Is innocentbystanderbc the real Betardo on there?

I checked their fanpost section and I saw a thread about a certain poster who has been banned from every BC board. I also saw another thread about bringing back men's lax. :dildodog
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:14 pm

i dont understand people who go to that website. are the people beyond toobs who watch womens hockey?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Is innocentbystanderbc the real Betardo on there?

I checked their fanpost section and I saw a thread about a certain poster who has been banned from every BC board. I also saw another thread about bringing back men's lax. :dildodog

Yes, that is our old punching bag innocentpridestander. He's just as retarded there
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:47 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:...toobs...
not gonna kid you, I'm a a little proud of this nickname for him
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:49 pm

Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:49 pm

Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:51 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

Yes, that is our old punching bag innocentpridestander. He's just as retarded there

I only checked a few of his recent posts, but he seems to be significantly cowed. No more long-winded lectures based on his Wikipedia research. That was why I wondered if it was really him.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:53 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

I only checked a few of his recent posts, but he seems to be significantly cowed. No more long-winded lectures based on his Wikipedia research. That was why I wondered if it was really him.

He has other boards for that stupidity. Sports only at bci. Well, sports and tampon hockey
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:29 pm

really was a great job out of you
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:12 am

I was reading an article about personal finance and there was a comment beneath retelling this story about how a guy was going on vacation with his friends and one woman didn't want to pay for her share of gas money so he took her bags out of the car and left without her, because she had too much PRIDE (yes it was in capital letters) and didn't think he would do such a thing. You can probably guess who wrote it. What a strange recurring fantasy.

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:10 am

you should be

t00bs talks down about the nexus then stops by as if nothing's happened
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:48 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:I was reading an article about personal finance and there was a comment beneath retelling this story about how a guy was going on vacation with his friends and one woman didn't want to pay for her share of gas money so he took her bags out of the car and left without her, because she had too much PRIDE (yes it was in capital letters) and didn't think he would do such a thing. You can probably guess who wrote it. What a strange recurring fantasy.

link or it didn't happen
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:00 am

more than 20 years ago, I was planning a trip down to my timeshare in Florida. I owned the week, paid for the maintenance and taxes myself, and invited all my friends to join in and share in our vacation. All I asked for is people to kick in a little bit for gas money (for the drive from Boston.)

Well, one such trip, we rented a mini-van and the seven of us were going to share equally in the cost for ten days rental plus gas and tolls. Everyone agreed to do so but (once again) I had to front all the money. The time came for us to leave, a Thursday night, we are packing the van. We get it all packed and I asked everyone to meet me in my living room to go over all the logistics for the trip. We all did so. It was then that I asked for each persons share of the money (a measly $130 each, to cover the rental, gas down and back, tolls, everything for the week.) 4 paid immediately, but one girl smiled and gave me some song and dance about paying after, when we got back and her boyfriend (my friend) said she didn't have to pay. So I just asked him for the whole $260 for the two of them and he said "...no she does NOT have to pay! She goes for FREE!" His pride got the best of him. And he scowled at me.

I just shrugged my shoulders and said, okay lets go and we all walked outside. I locked up my place, walked over to the van as everyone was getting in and I opened the hatch back and proceeded to take all her things and her boyfriend's things out of the van. Immediately, he runs out of the van and confronts me, asks me what I am doing. I told him his and her vacation was over, that if they couldn't pay their share, they don't get to go. He told me he was going to kick my A-s and I told him that if he touched me that he would be going to jail. Now everyone is out of the van. So he is screaming at me (trying to get me to back down) his girlfriend is crying because no one has ever actually made her pay for anything before and the other 4 travelers are getting annoyed. So then this guy screams at me "....if you don't let us go, you and I aren't friends anymore!" I told him that if he had to give me that kind of an ultimatum given what has transpired tonight, that we were never actually friends to begin with, that all you wanted to do is use me. His face lost all expression, his girlfriend is screaming now because she is starting to realize that she does NOT have the power and will NOT be going to Florida, and I dumped all their stuff all over the street. They bend over to pick it up and the five of us got in the van and left them right there, just drove away and had a great vacation.

----------

I don't even think this is the version I was referring to. Either his fantasy keeps changing or he has a heck of a lot of prideful friends he keeps not allowing to go on vacations.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Next

Return to Kelley Rink