Rangers Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Rangers Weirdos

Postby commavegarage on Thu May 14, 2015 10:24 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:neat.

As weird as it is saying this about a team that swept the rangers in the regular season, I actually feel better about playing TB. Their style opens up the ice more, which is how the rangers want to play as well.

Wonder if Zucc can make it back for this series, and if we'll see Hunwick instead of Boyle.

im the same way. wanted tampa over montreal
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu May 14, 2015 10:38 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Orpik is a bitch, always has been and always will be.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED, to hear this about the guy who made sport of picking fights in the Walsh lobby in '99.

Wasn't there a story of Orpik turttling-up when challenged by Ciurciu?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu May 14, 2015 10:42 am

I've always like Ovie and I think he gets a worse rap than he deserves.

Also, he scared the shit out of me anytime he got the puck with a bit of space for the past 7 games. He'd have had more goals if he was facing any other goalie, IMO.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu May 14, 2015 12:49 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Orpik is a bitch, always has been and always will be.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED, to hear this about the guy who made sport of picking fights in the Walsh lobby in '99.

Wasn't there a story of Orpik turttling-up when challenged by Ciurciu?

I heard something like that--although in the telling I heard it was Andy Romanowsky who had put him on the ground hard and only the persuasive powers of Marty Hughes and Jeff Giuliano kept Orpik from being beaten within an inch of his life. Interesting thing is that Orpik went to Nichols for high school. Nichols is, of course, the school that produced Christian Laettner. It would appear that it is a douchebag factory.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 14, 2015 12:53 pm

mike green's game shouldn't go unmentioned good lord is he awful

impressive that he's getting paid $6 MM this year. probably even more impressive that some GM is going to give him $5 this summer
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Thu May 14, 2015 12:55 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I heard something like that--although in the telling I heard it was Andy Romanowsky who had put him on the ground hard and only the persuasive powers of Marty Hughes and Jeff Giuliano kept Orpik from being beaten within an inch of his life. Interesting thing is that Orpik went to Nichols for high school. Nichols is, of course, the school that produced Christian Laettner. It would appear that it is a douchebag factory.

My buddy plans to send his now 4 year old son there when he's old enough. He is currently a sweet kid. Check back in 14 years (God Forbid but we'll probably all be on this site still) and I'll let you know how the experiment went.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu May 14, 2015 1:11 pm

Orpik hit was clean. Shoulder was principal point of contact with the head, not the elbow. Follow through made it look worse. Of course it's Orpik, so screw him
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Fri May 15, 2015 7:26 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:mike green's game shouldn't go unmentioned good lord is he awful

impressive that he's getting paid $6 MM this year. probably even more impressive that some GM is going to give him $5 this summer

Actually Green was pretty good this year honestly. He played 3rd line minutes (~18/game) but still had the 2nd most points/60 amongst all defensemen...and that's with Trotz refusing to put him on the top line PP. He's still a great offensive d-man and he's always been slightly underrated in his own zone (is physical and pretty strong positionally). That being said, as we saw in the Rangers series, he has his moments...plus he was asked to play more because Gleason was a steaming pile of crap and Trotz shortened the bench to 5.

He'll get $5m and that will keep him from returning to Washington.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 15, 2015 8:56 am

I don't know why I have an irrational dislike for the Capitals. They're pretty milk toast as franchises go. It's like hating the Kansas City Chiefs.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri May 15, 2015 9:23 am

re Green, I'll take your word for it as i really only watch the caps when they're playing the rangers or on nbc.

These 7 games (small sample size obviously) reinforced my idea that he is not good and some team is going to overpay for him. taking a look at the FA market this summer, oh boy.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bchockey04 on Fri May 15, 2015 9:49 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:re Green, I'll take your word for it as i really only watch the caps when they're playing the rangers or on nbc.

These 7 games (small sample size obviously) reinforced my idea that he is not good and some team is going to overpay for him. taking a look at the FA market this summer, oh boy.

Oh yeah no doubt he's not worth any more than $4-$5m. But he'll likely get $6M because of his underlying offensive skills and numbers. I mean just look at what the Caps paid for Nisknanen last summer.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri May 15, 2015 1:32 pm

I do watch Green regularly because I live here. He is horrible in his own zone. The sad thing is that in terms of his general awfulness, he was less awful this year than he was in years past. I think it was the 2013 playoffs where I got some die hard Capitals fans to play a game called "Mike Green or a traffic cone". And what's even more amusing is that 04 is not wrong when he asserts that Green is strong. He is very strong and it isn't even that he is soft--he'll make contact without flinching. He just doesn't have any idea of how to play defense and he is not bright at all. The back to back penalties that lead to the Hayes goal was not an anomaly.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 18, 2015 7:32 am

Saturday had such a better pace to it than the previous couple of weeks.

Thrilled they moved Hayes up with Nash & Brassard, MSL was weighing them down.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon May 18, 2015 7:59 am

Why didn't Brian Boyle play?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon May 18, 2015 9:18 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Why didn't Brian Boyle play?

His wife is expecting any day now and I think he has a day-to-day injury as well.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed May 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Nothing like giving up the game winner on a soft goal. Hank is shell shocked. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Wed May 20, 2015 11:34 pm

Is it me or does JT Miller suck?
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu May 21, 2015 6:52 am

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:Is it me or does JT Miller suck?

I'm fine with JT as a 4th line center. I don't know why he was swapped up to the 1st line with Hayes.

MSL needs to sit. And if he's still in the lineup, he needs to stop getting PP minutes. He's useless.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 21, 2015 7:17 am

I thought the 4th line was pretty good last night. Pinned Tampa deep several times, drew penalties, etc. :shrug

MSL is absolutely shot. Wonder what AV is going to do in the short term, clearly there's no way slats would bring him back for next year.

How about that move by Fast :shock: (and a great pass by Kreider onto the stick.

They can't have the D pinching in for every opportunity like they did vs the OJ's. Tampa is too fast and too lethal on odd man rushes.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Thu May 21, 2015 8:10 am

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:Is it me or does JT Miller suck?

it is very much you
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu May 21, 2015 9:13 am

Time to play Talbot. That last goal was pathetic and frankly, while the D has sucked balls the last two games, Hank has been completely pedestrian bordering on awful.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu May 21, 2015 11:15 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Time to play Talbot. That last goal was pathetic and frankly, while the D has sucked balls the last two games, Hank has been completely pedestrian bordering on awful.

That last goal was bad, but the defense in front of him isn't doing him any favor, either.

Tampa Bay's looked good. Rangers are not and AV does not adjust in game.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed May 27, 2015 8:30 am

Hey, I take it back. I love JT Miller on the 1st line.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 27, 2015 10:20 am

love nash planting his ass in front of the net for his goal, kreider needs to do more of the same

the "first" (really the unit that first comes on the ice) is still a disaster with MSL & Boyle on there

get in price for Friday is $750 :shock:
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed May 27, 2015 11:37 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:love nash planting his ass in front of the net for his goal, kreider needs to do more of the same

the "first" (really the unit that first comes on the ice) is still a disaster with MSL & Boyle on there

Krieder's line has been up and down this series. They were quiet last night. Hayes and Hags are getting pulled down by MSL. They were a lot stronger a line earlier in the series when they had Moore in between them. I hope that if Hank does his Game 7 thing and we get to the Finals, Zucc is healthy and AV makes the right choice and puts St. Louis in the press box. It's gotten to the point where I want Tanner Glass on the ice over him.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 27, 2015 11:53 am

obviously a :thehjs but MSL is absoultely shot. It's almost sad at this point
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed May 27, 2015 12:17 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:obviously a :thehjs but MSL is absoultely shot. It's almost sad at this point

Yeah. I expect Tanner Glass to contribute nothing. MSL? Even at the end of his career, I still would think he could do something out there.

That said, since Sather is Sather, I'm not entirely unconvinced that he won't sign him this offseason.

Also, Yandle has really turned it on this series.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:53 am

well that sucked
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:55 pm

Hey, they gave it there 30% effort. You know, when they one the Cup in 94, Sam Rosen blurted out "This one will last a lifetime!" I am increasingly convinced that unless I live to be 100, those words were likely true. 1 cup every 75 years looks to be the pace.

I told my oldest boy, who idolizes Kreider, to abandon the Rangers while he still can. You have to thoroughly loathe yourself on some level to keep coming back for more groin shots delivered by the Broadway Blueshirts.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:27 am

Would really suck to miss out on the opportunity to win a Cup that Henrik gives the Rangers.

That said, I think that they need to make only minor upgrades, and their cap situation really only calls for that.

MSL and Sheppard are gone. I could see moving Hagelin if his contract is too pricey. Great grinder, but I think he's the type of player that may get over-rated in $$$ negotiations.

Miller looked ready to play on a top line. If they could bring in another wing for the top 9, Fast could slot down to the 4th line with Moore plus a kid from Hartford or whomever. Joe Thornton apparently wants to come to NY which would be... interesting.

On D, I actually think the blue line was playing well by the end of the year, despite the fact that McDonough was playing on a broken foot. Wouldn't mind getting out of Boyle's contract as he isn't a huge contributor and is 39. One of Staal or Girardi could be moved to get out from a big commitment. And Klein is tradable i so much that he probably won't be as valuable as he is now. I think Hunwick would be fine on a 3rd pairing, and there is a possibility of going after U Minnesoa's Mike Reilly who is opting not to sign with the Blue Jackets. Though its likely he wants to play for the Wild but who knows.

I'd assume Talbot is getting traded as he'll never look as good as he did over his month plus stretch.

Pretty obvious that Sather is all in to build a club that wins now, but he actually does have a decent core of young guys - Hayes, Krieder, Miller, Step, etc. - for the next go round. Probably no star there but a good core that could be supplemented by trading for one whenever we get 1st round draft picks again.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink