Rangers Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Rangers Weirdos

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue May 04, 2021 5:03 pm

Lars Eller confirmed that it’s his correct address. I will raise not a finger against Mr Wilson or his volleyball-playing wife. I just think the public has a right to know where such a dangerous individual lives so they can adequately protect themselves if they happen to find themselves in the Lyon Park vicinity. One can never be too careful these days.

If some depraved crazy like Claver does something untoward to Mr Wilson or contracts with a third party to visit violence upon the Wilsons, that would be a damn shame, but I am certainly not inciting violence against his person, family or property. I am merely lamenting the state of our fallen society today and worrying about Wilson’s well being in a way he never does with regard to his fellow NHL players.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed May 05, 2021 3:18 pm

For fuck's sake, who reminded Dolan that he owns a hockey team? It looks like we're stuck with Quinn for a while, presumably with assistants Joe Sacco, Scott Lachance, Jay Pandolfo (NTTAWWT) and special advisor Jack Parker.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed May 05, 2021 8:11 pm

Yep. Only Dolan could get rid of Gorton and make things worse.

Hat tip to Pavel Buchnevich for recognizing he stood no chance in a fight and inflicting some real damage with his stick. Wish Smith had just given Wilson the Ryan Reeves blindside treatment. Wilson doesn’t deserve the courtesy of a fight. The game plan should have been blindsides and two handers til Wilson was crumpled on the ice.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby miutbc on Wed May 05, 2021 10:16 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Yep. Only Dolan could get rid of Gorton and make things worse.

Hat tip to Pavel Buchnevich for recognizing he stood no chance in a fight and inflicting some real damage with his stick. Wish Smith had just given Wilson the Ryan Reeves blindside treatment. Wilson doesn’t deserve the courtesy of a fight. The game plan should have been blindsides and two handers til Wilson was crumpled on the ice.

Keep your head up Tom
https://youtu.be/1zNcItuc-cc
miutbc
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu May 06, 2021 9:52 pm

Gotta love Buchie getting suspended for a game and the NHL fining the Rangers $250K for stating the obvious about George Parros and Tom Wilson. It’s too bad Dolan is a trust fund rich kid and lacks his old man’s street sense. Chuck Dolan would have paid the fine and then spent another $250k having the Westies murder Parros and Wilson, and maybe set Gary Bergman’s house on fire.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat May 08, 2021 8:30 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Gotta love Buchie getting suspended for a game and the NHL fining the Rangers $250K for stating the obvious about George Parros and Tom Wilson. It’s too bad Dolan is a trust fund rich kid and lacks his old man’s street sense. Chuck Dolan would have paid the fine and then spent another $250k having the Westies murder Parros and Wilson, and maybe set Gary Bergman’s house on fire.

My favorite part is Mantha very clearly going for the high stick first but Pavel rearranging his face much more effectively.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed May 12, 2021 10:16 am

Dick gets his wish as Quinn is given the boot.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 12, 2021 10:22 am

seems like full house cleaning of coaching staff

no tears shed
Last edited by claver2010 on Wed May 12, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed May 12, 2021 10:26 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:seems like full house cleaning of coaching staff

Which means that Greg Brown is available to return for a second act.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed May 12, 2021 1:50 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Wonder if he had a five year contract like Quinn. If so, he probably makes more doing nothing than returning to be Jerry's second banana for however long that lasts. Unless he is the designated successor, which after the Cedorchuk fiasco seems like a really bad idea. With that said, is there a BC guy with any decent head caching experience? Dennehy did well for what he had at Merrimack, but he is losing at a historic clip in the AHL. The ten minutes that Mike Milbury was the coach notwithstanding, has BC ever had a non-BC alum coach a hockey game at BC?
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri May 21, 2021 10:21 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Wonder if he had a five year contract like Quinn. If so, he probably makes more doing nothing than returning to be Jerry's second banana for however long that lasts. Unless he is the designated successor, which after the Cedorchuk fiasco seems like a really bad idea. With that said, is there a BC guy with any decent head caching experience? Dennehy did well for what he had at Merrimack, but he is losing at a historic clip in the AHL. The ten minutes that Mike Milbury was the coach notwithstanding, has BC ever had a non-BC alum coach a hockey game at BC?

I still maintain the Cavanaugh is the heir apparent. I don't think its a coincidence anymore that Jerry has not won a title since he left for sUeConn. He should at least get an interview which means he probably won't.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri May 21, 2021 1:53 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I still maintain the Cavanaugh is the heir apparent. I don't think its a coincidence anymore that Jerry has not won a title since he left for sUeConn. He should at least get an interview which means he probably won't.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri May 21, 2021 3:22 pm

don't forget that quinn is available to fill the void as well... unless he goes to the columbus blowjobs as the media is suggesting
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 21, 2021 7:07 pm

Has Carl Hagelin always been the guy that skates circles around everyone but is otherwise completely worthless?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat May 22, 2021 7:38 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Has Carl Hagelin always been the guy that skates circles around everyone but is otherwise completely worthless?

pretty much, good penalty killer but outside of that not a whole lot to the table
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat May 22, 2021 8:10 am

He is the fastest terrible hockey player of all time.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun May 23, 2021 8:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He is the fastest terrible hockey player of all time.

When he played for the Rangers he was the master of streaking in on goal blowing the doors off the defensemen trying to cover him and then either putting the puck over the glass behind the goal or weakly flipping the puck right into the goalies chest. Everyone was shocked when one of those chances actually resulted in a goal—including Hagelin. I was told by a former teammate of his in New York that he came from Sweden to University of Michigan because he wanted to work on his hands on the smaller North American ice surface in preparation for an NHL career. Looks like Red Berenson cheated him.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:35 pm

So Buchnevich for Sammy Blais and a 2nd rounder. Couple that with giving Barclay Goodrow a million dollars per year and two years more than he was worth. The Chris Drury GM Era is going as well as Chris Drury playing for the Rangers era went.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:44 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:So Buchnevich for Sammy Blais and a 2nd rounder. Couple that with giving Barclay Goodrow a million dollars per year and two years more than he was worth. The Chris Drury GM Era is going as well as Chris Drury playing for the Rangers era went.

If he manages the team as well as he manages pizza establishments it should be fine.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:59 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:So Buchnevich for Sammy Blais and a 2nd rounder. Couple that with giving Barclay Goodrow a million dollars per year and two years more than he was worth. The Chris Drury GM Era is going as well as Chris Drury playing for the Rangers era went.

If he manages the team as well as he manages pizza establishments it should be fine.

Colony Grill is an abomination. If you are going to sling pies in the Land of Insurance and Nag Hoops, it should be New Haven Style or nothing else. Fucking Little League operation by a bunch of Little Leaguers.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:18 am

it's a good business in the sense that it's a pizza parlor that's not a chain, has been open for decades, and no known tax fraud.

that being said, trust the zip on the board, it's not good pizza
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:17 pm

He bought it for his best childhood buddies who were all on the 1989 LLWS champs team to operate together. Pizza is not a style I enjoy, but a good story.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:56 am

So Drury’s latest genius potential move—if Larry Brooks is to be believed—is trading Kakko (2nd pick 2019 draft), Karavtsov (9th pick of the 2018 draft) and Chytl (21st pick 2017 draft), along with an additional, likely middle to late 1st round pick, in exchange for Eichel and Buffalo eating 5.5 million per year of Eichel’s remaining four years at 10 million. This would allow the Rangers enough cap space to give Zibenejad the $9 million per season he’ll get if he plays up to his pre-2020-21 level.

The fact that this is even being considered should result in Drury’s immediate firing because he (a) is either giving away the store for a very talented player who is injury prone and caused some locker room issues during his time in Buffalo or (b) was part of the brain trust who drafted the aforementioned kids, who, he is ready to give up on before any of them have reached the age of 22.

Jimmy Dolan just can’t help himself. It took him twenty years to stop meddling with the Knicks and upon leaving Leon Rose alone to do his thing the Knicks have their best season since 1999. He left the Rangers alone for the entirety of the Sather era and it resulted in a pretty good run by NY Rangers standards. Sather retires and he gets involved a couple of years ago and the thing starts going sideways. He should have hired Lamorillo when Shanahan pushed him out of Toronto, but that would have required some basic intelligence, something a billionaire’s kid who somehow ends up at SUNY New Paltz is clearly lacking.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:45 pm

I like that deal for New York. Eichel at four years for $4.5M is a steal even if he only plays 60 games a year. He would have the same cap hit as Saad, Hoffman, and Strome. Regarding the young folks, I have no idea if they're good (surface numbers suck, advanced metrics are okay to good albeit in highly sheltered minutes) but sunk costs come to mind. Bigger thing in my mind is timing and if it's the right time to push the chips in or be mediocre for another couple years.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:52 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I like that deal for New York. Eichel at four years for $4.5M is a steal even if he only plays 60 games a year. He would have the same cap hit as Saad, Hoffman, and Strome. Regarding the young folks, I have no idea if they're good (surface numbers suck, advanced metrics are okay to good albeit in highly sheltered minutes) but sunk costs come to mind. Bigger thing in my mind is timing and if it's the right time to push the chips in or be mediocre for another couple years.

There are three problems with the potential trade. First, is the timing. I don't think he wins a cup with the roster as currently constructed. Shesterkin is probably good enough to win a cup, Fox-Lindgren is a good first pairing. Trouba-Miller is intriguing, but Trouba has to play much better for the money they are paying him and Miller is still extremely raw. In signing Demeth, it would appear that the Rangers are going to bring up Nils Lundkvist for the 3rd pairing, but you have to imagine Lundkvist is going to be more of as project with Miller. Then you have Zac Jones, who the Rangers are high on as a puck mover, but where does he fit (assuming he isn't packaged up for Eichel)? Tinordi will play some--mostly I imagine in games against the Caps and Islanders, who manhandled them the last couple of years. And then there is Hajek, who I thought would have been traded by now--but for who and to where. He was so damaged by the Quinn regime that he isn't worth much--unless he is a throw in on an Eichel trade.

Up front, they still have the problem of way too many left wings. Panarin, Kreider, Lafreniere--its a waste for any of those guys to play outside the top 6, but each has struggled when playing the right side, and with Buchnevich gone, the only actual RWs they have are Kakko and Kravtsov, and they are the trade bait for Eichel. Gorton and Drury left the forwards such a mess of LWs and mediocre Cs, that once you land Eichel you will need to find a way to find a quality RW if Kakko and Kravtsov are gone.

Second, while I understand your point with respect to Eichel for 60 games at 4.5 million is a bargain, but it depends which games. The rap on Eichel is he wears down. He isn't really much good to anyone if he breaks down in February or, lets assume he is sat judiciously throughout the season to keep down his mileage and breaks down in the playoff grind. Which leads to #3.

Third, Eichel has never played a playoff series after 375 games in the NHL. As noted, he wears down in the ordinary course of regular season games. Is there any reason to think he won't utterly break down in the crucible of playoff hockey? I just don't see it.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:12 pm

Two things:

1. By signing Zibby to a long term deal, there is no way Eichel is coming to NY.

2. I don't care if the Rangers lose 10-0 tonight as long as Tom Wilson is a bloody, injured mess by the time the final horn sounds.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:45 pm

Welp, they got the getting blown out part of it done. Jeezus fuck, how do you lose 5-1 and not at least hurt Wilson before the game is over. And if he won’t oblige you go knee on knee on Oshie of Kuzentsov. It really isn’t hard to goon it up, even in the new pussified NHL, if you decide to do it.

I must have misheard Drury at his initial press conference when he said “We will be more gritty.” He must have said “We will be more shitty.” Mission accomplished.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby miutbc on Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:48 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Welp, they got the getting blown out part of it done. Jeezus fuck, how do you lose 5-1 and not at least hurt Wilson before the game is over. And if he won’t oblige you go knee on knee on Oshie of Kuzentsov. It really isn’t hard to goon it up, even in the new pussified NHL, if you decide to do it.

I must have misheard Drury at his initial press conference when he said “We will be more gritty.” He must have said “We will be more shitty.” Mission accomplished.

Why did you trade for reaves to play that game
miutbc
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:21 am

at least we had more hits! :suicide
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:07 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:at least we had more hits! :suicide

My favorite twitter take from last night was something along the lines of "Stop saying its the first game. It's a continuation of the last two seasons. The same problems are still there and aren't just going to away."

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink