Rangers Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Rangers Weirdos

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:45 am

Did any rumor as to what exactly Montgomery did come out?
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:29 am

b0mberMan wrote:Did any rumor as to what exactly Montgomery did come out?

freideman said he heard it wasn't related to abuse of players or racism, etc that's been going on with other coaches.

didn't say it was related but all he knows is montgomery has the reputation as a partier which had scared other teams away during their searches
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:11 pm

I am told, through an admittedly second hand, but I think fairly reliable source who would definitely know persons with first hand knowledge, that Monty had a Hugh Freeze-type problem both as to the underlying issue and his use of Stars resources in the pursuit.
Dick Rosenthal
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:34 pm

obviously this 3 goalie situation is not sustainable but barring it hurting the development of the czar or georgiev no need to sell low. did chuckle though at one of the potential offers from the leafs is bc fan favorite jeremy bracco who can of course GTFOMAM
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:35 pm

Kreider has been on fire as of late with tonight’s last minute goal sinking the Islanders. I have heard rumors that rather than trade him, Gorton would like to keep him and probably can if Kreider is good with $7 million and five years. Hank’s idiotic contract continues to be an albatross as he is now the 3rd best goalie in the ridiculous 3 goalie rotation. It’s too bad that he is the modern day Eddie Giacomin, a great goalie who did not have quite enough talent around him to hoist the Cup. He was certainly better than the grossly overrated Mike Richter (who everyone forgets was completely outplayed by Kirk McLean in the 94 Cup finals and almost shit the game 7 bed against the Devils by giving up the goal to Zelepukin with 7 seconds left.
Dick Rosenthal
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:14 am

i think kreider will (rightfully) ask for more than 5 years. i do agree with your idea though, eventually you have to switch from giving up proven talent for prospects to actually keeping those impact players.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:27 pm

claver2010 wrote:i think kreider will (rightfully) ask for more than 5 years. i do agree with your idea though, eventually you have to switch from giving up proven talent for prospects to actually keeping those impact players.

True, but the word on the NHL Street is that GMs are red faced over some of the ridiculous numbers and years given out during last offseason (I am looking at the Kevin Hayes contract as an example) that GMs might be a little tighter. Kreider will want more than 5, but do you really think he'll get more than 6, particularly with what happens to physical power forwards when they get towards their mid-30s, which Kreider will reach five or six years down the line. Gorton would probably do 6 years if he thinks Kreider will be scoring more than 30 goals a year--which he should playing with Mika (who seems better suited with Kreider rather than pairing with Panarin) and with him logging PP minutes down low while Panarin works his magic up top.
Dick Rosenthal
Cushing Hall

Previous

Return to Kelley Rink