Beanpot

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Beanpot

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:03 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:whatever happened to tag ryche? he get lost in one of the schisms?

he was the one that loved women's sports AND jebus music, right? i wonder if he's unattractive enough for tubasteak
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:13 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:whatever happened to tag ryche? he get lost in one of the schisms?

he was the one that loved women's sports AND jebus music, right? i wonder if he's unattractive enough for tubasteak

correct

believe he'd also constantly reference himself coaching some cyo girls team as well
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:22 am

one of the bigger games of the year tonight / this afternoon & will probably be played in front of the smallest crowd of the year. According to the kid if they lose they fall from 9th in the pwr to 14th and squarely on the bubble staring down a road trip to ND.

Harvard killed BC back in November 6-3 (BC was behind 5-1 w 10 minutes to go before turning it on). Was a game that Barone started, IIRC Demko & half the team had a brutal flu.

Anyways not the marquee game of the night but one of the more important consolation games in a while
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:08 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:one of the bigger games of the year tonight / this afternoon & will probably be played in front of the smallest crowd of the year. According to the kid if they lose they fall from 9th in the pwr to 14th and squarely on the bubble staring down a road trip to ND.

Harvard killed BC back in November 6-3 (BC was behind 5-1 w 10 minutes to go before turning it on). Was a game that Barone started, IIRC Demko & half the team had a brutal flu.

Anyways not the marquee game of the night but one of the more important consolation games in a while

Would that drop in PWr happen in a vacumn? Or does the outcome of the BU/NU game have any affect on that?

Regardless, while it was satisfying to see BU lonly snag 1 point against ND and drop out of the 1 seed group (for now) last weekend, the flip side is I'm concerned that ND may be playing well at the end of the year again and we may have a tough time with them this weekend. Would rather not leave things to chance with a loss tonight.

Also, I think if we can win one game against ND, we secure a 1st round bye in the HE tourney. Lot at stake this week.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:27 pm

fair point, believe it was in a vacuum

the ND series is absolutely huge, believe 2 points does it for us
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:59 pm

Per my IB analysis, BC wins 3-2 in a minute into OT. Gaudreau tied it up about halfway through the third and Fitzgerald won it in OT. Demko supposedly played well, stopping 33 shots while the Harvard goalie only had to make 24 saves. BC was also held to 10 shots in the first two periods, with only 2 coming in the second.

Also, apparently you can tie in the consolation game but that has yet to occur ever.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:26 am

Missed the first period, imopssible to get to the garden at 4:30 on a Monday for working people.

2nd period was maybe the worst period they've played in months (and we've seen some stinkers). 2 goals against, 2 shots on net. That included an extended 5 on 3 where they were aiming for Harvard's shin pads.

In the 2nd Demko got his legs taken out from under him and was down for a good 5 minutes, it was close to turn off the lights on the season.

The 3rd period was completely different. After BC killed a mini 5 on 3 (cause by a lazy / moronic Destry penalty) BC dominated. Special kudos to the 4th line of Spiro-Gaudreau-Doherty. Though I think it is a joke how the line up is constructed, they definitely earned that tying goal. Had several shifts where they sustained pressure which to be honest is a massive improvement from the bottom 6. BTW new dead horse (beyond the brutal lineup construction), is get Calnan away from Sit / Smith. He's absolutely wasting away with them.

To be honest it was a pretty close resemblance to Friday night. Hair on fire in the 3rd to come back. Only difference was they were able to pot on in OT.

Absolutely huge win though.

The championship game was pretty exciting. BC fans did a good job dumping their tickets as the building was 90-95% full. The NU student section went well into BC's student section. The balcony was literally shaking post NU's 2nd goal in the 3rd.

Weak call in OT, felt bad for the fighting nospaces but we've all seen this movie before. Maybe I'll regret this but I'll take my chances against BU in a big spot. Would take an injured Demko over O'Connor every day.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:24 am

had to follow the entirety of last night on Twitter. how BS was the call that got BU a power play in OT?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:00 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:had to follow the entirety of last night on Twitter. how BS was the call that got BU a power play in OT?

i thought it was a really tough call.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:09 pm

i'm sure the video is floating around somewhere, tough to dig up on work computer

i think my big problem with it was the precendent was set throughout the game that mostly egregious penalties would be called and everything else would be let go. the amount of soft hfb that are always called (every.single.thread) that weren't, the lazy stick work, the oops after you dump the puck i'm going to interfere with you but make it look accidental as you try to retrieve it, etc. happened throughout the game with no call.

then a questionable hook is called right off the bat

witt didn't play that well & NU's powerplay was comically bad but sucks to see the game end on something like that.

madigan had every right to get the 10 min misconduct postgame.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:41 pm

here's what madigan said post game

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/coll ... nalty_call

“We live in a democratic society here where we can criticize the President of the United States on CNN and Fox and we can do all these things,” said Madigan.

“(But) we can’t criticize officials because we are censored so the answer is, yeah I though we deserved better but we can’t go there. Don’t ask questions about the officials or the penalty because like I’ve said already we are censored to say things against the league or the officials. The referee made a call. We didn’t agree with it. BU won the game on a power play.”

these teams play friday & saturday as well
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy