UConn, BU, & Injuries...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: UConn, BU, & Injuries...

Postby talon on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:12 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
sdhusky {l Wrote}:I expect that the two best teams in the northeast will be UConn and BC within 5 years.

Do you count Penn State as a northeast team?

Hockey. He's talking hockey

I know.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:18 am

talon {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
sdhusky {l Wrote}:I expect that the two best teams in the northeast will be UConn and BC within 5 years.

I know.

Oh, okay. PSU wasn't the first school that leapt to mind when he made that dumb statement.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby talon on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:28 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:

I know.

Oh, okay. PSU wasn't the first school that leapt to mind when he made that dumb statement.

Yeah, but PSU just snapped their fingers and decided to become the greatest power in college hockey around the same time UConn snapped their fingers and decided to become the greatest power in college hockey.

If it's going to be so easy for UConn to dominate college hockey 5 years after snapping their fingers, shouldn't it be just as easy for Penn State?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:54 am

talon {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:

I know.

Yeah, but PSU just snapped their fingers and decided to become the greatest power in college hockey around the same time UConn snapped their fingers and decided to become the greatest power in college hockey.

If it's going to be so easy for UConn to dominate college hockey 5 years after snapping their fingers, shouldn't it be just as easy for Penn State?

I'm following now, my bad. I guess I made your point by accident.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:13 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
sdhusky {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
sdhusky {l Wrote}:You guys are going to have to deal with UConn being around.

Not many regionally are going to be able to compete with UConn combination of facilities, budgets for coaches/recruiting & fan support.

Is this myth going to happen on the same pace as the football team is taking over new england?

My position was we would get to a BCS game faster. We did.

The CT hockey teams are going to have to deal with UConn. Much better fan support. Bigger budgets. Better facilities. Bigger brand.

I expect that the two best teams in the northeast will be UConn and BC within 5 years.

Stop this is absolutely a gag poster.

sdhusky is not a gag poster. Someone may be mimicking him, but I don't think so.

As for his excitement over an 8-4 team from a dying conference grabbing a BCS bowl before the program hit UMass levels, well, good for him. Funny shit though.

In that case he is using MilitantEagle level logic.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:21 pm

lol

and sdhusky has been around for years. not a gag poster
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:32 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
sdhusky {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Not many regionally are going to be able to compete with UConn combination of facilities, budgets for coaches/recruiting & fan support.

Is this myth going to happen on the same pace as the football team is taking over new england?

The CT hockey teams are going to have to deal with UConn. Much better fan support. Bigger budgets. Better facilities. Bigger brand.

I expect that the two best teams in the northeast will be UConn and BC within 5 years.

sdhusky is not a gag poster. Someone may be mimicking him, but I don't think so.

As for his excitement over an 8-4 team from a dying conference grabbing a BCS bowl before the program hit UMass levels, well, good for him. Funny shit though.

This was really funny but I don't think Militant will ever see it. He's too busy trying to figure out whether L'Ville is more talented than BC by checking the historical recruiting rankings for their whole roster.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby slurpees on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:54 pm

sdhusky {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

No, just stop.
slurpees
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
sdhusky {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

This was really funny but I don't think Militant will ever see it. He's too busy trying to figure out whether L'Ville is more talented than BC by checking the historical recruiting rankings for their whole roster.

I'm sure there's a high correlation there to winning.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:08 pm

slurpees {l Wrote}:
sdhusky {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

No, just stop.

Hello

I thought you went the way of BUConvict
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:34 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
sdhusky {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I'm sure there's a high correlation there to winning.

There is. That's why you were right when you said USC would destroy us.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:09 pm

On NBCSN. Love that Goucher is doing the game.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:21 pm

If we're the 3rd best team in the country this is a very down year in college hockey.

Lacking high end scorers.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:59 pm

3 comments

1. BC is mediocre
2. Rodriguez from BU should be on suicide watch because god he fucking sucks at shooting.
3. BU is a fucking dirty team. Like WAC dirty. Scum city now that Parker is gone.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:02 pm

BC is mediocre but that play by Fitzgerald was retarded good. Holy crap, what a forecheck
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:22 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:3 comments

1. BC is mediocre
2. Rodriguez from BU should be on suicide watch because god he fucking sucks at shooting.
3. BU is a fucking dirty team. Like WAC dirty. Scum city now that Parker is gone.

4. Mike Matheson is brutal at defense and pretty much the entire sport of hockey. The sooner he gets to Ft. Lauderdale the better.
5. To help Militant, BC Hockey is analogous to VT Football this year
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:22 pm

Thatcher Muse had a bad game. Holy shit that is terrible.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eaglesfan06 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:23 pm

Haven't seen BC play this bad in a while.

And it really is a talent issue. No depth.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:25 pm

I try not to get too worked up about these early games as Jerry spends the first couple of months as a preseason. That said, the defensemen in today's game are playing like shit. Like so bad I don't see how they can ever be good.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Thatcher Muse had a bad game. Holy shit that is terrible.

Rare off game for him. He is usually part of the solution. Not tonight
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:30 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I try not to get too worked up about these early games as Jerry spends the first couple of months as a preseason. That said, the defensemen in today's game are playing like shit. Like so bad I don't see how they can ever be good.

I don't care what kind of a miracle worker he is, York doesn't have the horses this year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:30 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I try not to get too worked up about these early games as Jerry spends the first couple of months as a preseason. That said, the defensemen in today's game are playing like shit. Like so bad I don't see how they can ever be good.

Defense is the best part of this team. Absolutely punch-less offense. Fitzgerald is the only legit D-1 forward on the team.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:31 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Thatcher Muse had a bad game. Holy shit that is terrible.

Rare off game for him. He is usually part of the solution. Not tonight

Eh, he is usually mediocre enough for the great talent around him to win. This squad had shitty talent, so he is mediocre.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:33 pm

Tough to watch this team. Offense isn't getting better, might be able to become a defensive squad.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:40 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Tough to watch this team. Offense isn't getting better, might be able to become a defensive squad.

This is the first game I've watched them this season. I'll take your word that the D is awesome... but it was absolute horseshit tonight. Letting up 5 goals (along with God knows how many missed BU opportunities) speaks for itself.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:48 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Tough to watch this team. Offense isn't getting better, might be able to become a defensive squad.

This is the first game I've watched them this season. I'll take your word that the D is awesome... but it was absolute horseshit tonight. Letting up 5 goals (along with God knows how many missed BU opportunities) speaks for itself.

I didn't say they were awesome. That said, the offense sucks ass.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:03 am

you guys pretty much hit on it, again like Wednesday I don't think we learned much that we didn't know going into the game

You can't completely whiff on 2 classes of F and have that not come back an bite you. For this team to make some serious noise, some of them are going to need to step up. Unfortunately for the most part I think at this stage they are what they are. Difference between last year is they were in suits or on the 4th line, now they occupy half of the dressed forwards nightly.

At least the bottom 6 doubled their recently average shot total from 2 to 4 :shrug

What a jump by Fitz from last year, he should some flashes but no question he's the best F on the team.
Tuch is more advanced than either of the Hayes were as FR, people just bounce off him and he's got a rocket of a shot.

Noah can absolutely fly wow, even from the exhibition he's so much more confident.

When the team is having problem, need the powerplay even more. It's been bad for the past couple of weeks.

Odd Tuesday game against Harvard, wouldn't surprise me with his hip issue if they gave Demko a break.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:49 am

I think if people adjust expectations (top half of HE) than you won't be upset. If you're expecting Frozen Four you're going to end up disappointed.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:04 am

dont see how well be able to compete w the top 8 or so with the offense at this point. we really need 2-3 forwards minimum to step it up to have a legit chance at winning it all. which i sure hope happens w the FF here this year
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:32 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:dont see how well be able to compete w the top 8 or so with the offense at this point. we really need 2-3 forwards minimum to step it up to have a legit chance at winning it all. which i sure hope happens w the FF here this year

We don't seem to have anyone who can create offense the way we have had in years past save Fitz right now.

If they are going to look to generate offense from the blue line, the team needs to get better at getting bodies in front of the net and looking for deflections/rebounds. There were plenty of nice shots from the D on Friday that we weren't in position to do anything with down low.

Actually thought they looked good for two periods and controlled the pace well. BU took control in the 3rd and had some fortunate bounces go their way on the two goals they got from behind Demko.

Tuch and Sanford are big and I liked that they play big from the get go. It seems that large forwards at BC don't use their size right away. The only guy I remember playing to his size from day one was Boyle.

I thought the Calnan/Gilmour/Straight line played well.

The problem, as mentioned to no end already, is that we have no known commodities up front that are juniors and seniors. We have a lot of talented/heralded frosh and sophomores, but beyond Fitz none of them have revealed themselves to be guys that can we can count on to create offense. It either works itself out or doesn't, and that's the difference between being a tourney team vs. being able to make a run this year.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Previous

Return to Kelley Rink