Opener vs UML

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Opener vs UML

Postby claver2010 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:49 pm

Interesting opening opponent to start the season. Only returning 1 double digit goal scorer (though they only had 3) & lost their all HE goalie. Back to back HE tourney champs but selected to finish 7.

Both young teams but they have 11 FR, 9 SO. Good test, Tsongas can be a tough place to play when its full (even if their student section sits, which :81 )

Games on NESN which is great for those flying to RCC :flagus
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Opener vs UML

Postby claver2010 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:08 am

guess belongs here as there is a game tomorrow, heights had their hockey preview today.

good Q&A with York http://bcheights.com/sports/2014/jerry- ... ockey-q-a/

talked about how the offense will grow as the year goes on, the "S" line, matheson coming back, & sonny milano

also revealed Silk's injury which is a concussion, he's questionable for this weekend
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:26 pm

How is Mattheson still so lost on defense? That goal he just caused was totally unnecessary

Edit: Second goal was even worse
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby shockdoct on Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:33 pm

Is there a reason why this broadcast seems like a UML infomercial?
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:12 pm

The talent seems good to me.

The defensive miscues are brutal. This will eventually be a very good team, but a major work in progress now
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:32 pm

They might be good in three months but they are a horrible team right now. All talent no team.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BostonCollege1 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:59 pm

Well, that was a disaster.

Blind passes, no communication, stupid penalties, outhustled. Look forward to seeing who steps up their game over the season.

Sit was sitting in our section 3rd period - I assume he was hurt, but not sure what happened.

:angrychicken
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:19 pm

York will fix tonight's abortion. There is a lot of talent out there, but it is mostly young and stupid. The one thing that is troubling is that Mikey Turnovers still looks absolutely clueless out there at times. At this point, something should have clicked with him. I wonder if this simply is who he is as a player.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby wolverineneshl on Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:58 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:How is Mattheson still so lost on defense? That goal he just caused was totally unnecessary

From watching him since freshman year, he has that same look and cockiness with the puck and nonchalant attitude that leads to miscues, errors and bad decisions with and without the puck. He is not as good as he thinks and needs to play with a sense of urgency and execute better. He can be a very good player at times and then other times WTF. He can use some Tommy Cross's steadiness and leadership qualities. He is just not there and does not get it. This is his third year and he has not matured as a player that is expected of him. I hope I'm wrong and he turns into that Tommy Cross type player. He is just making too many mental mistakes and not playing smart hockey. OK on to the football team today.

Don't know why but it seems there were Lowell players sitting in our BC section in 114. Or maybe they're UML recruits. At first I thought they were BC players not playing tonight but then I realized they were not as they were cheering on each UML goal. All of them dressed as student athletes, suit and tie.

It just seem weird putting them in the BC fan section. I left with about a minute left realizing the final outcome before UML scored their 5th goal. With a 3-1 lead I already thought game was lost the way they were playing all night except maybe the first 4 minutes of the game and first 5 minutes of the 3rd period. I hauled ass out and made it to my pickup game in Dedham.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:38 am

wolverineneshl {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:How is Mattheson still so lost on defense? That goal he just caused was totally unnecessary

From watching him since freshman year, he has that same look and cockiness with the puck and nonchalant attitude that leads to miscues, errors and bad decisions with and without the puck. He is not as good as he thinks and needs to play with a sense of urgency and execute better. He can be a very good player at times and then other times WTF. He can use some Tommy Cross's steadiness and leadership qualities. He is just not there and does not get it. This is his third year and he has not matured as a player that is expected of him. I hope I'm wrong and he turns into that Tommy Cross type player. He is just making too many mental mistakes and not playing smart hockey. OK on to the football team today.

Don't know why but it seems there were Lowell players sitting in our BC section in 114. Or maybe they're UML recruits. At first I thought they were BC players not playing tonight but then I realized they were not as they were cheering on each UML goal. All of them dressed as student athletes, suit and tie.

It just seem weird putting them in the BC fan section. I left with about a minute left realizing the final outcome before UML scored their 5th goal. With a 3-1 lead I already thought game was lost the way they were playing all night except maybe the first 4 minutes of the game and first 5 minutes of the 3rd period. I hauled ass out and made it to my pickup game in Dedham.

He is one of my least favorite players. He's either going to learn to play hard all the time or he'll get a wakeup call in some shitty minor league town when someone kicks his nonchalant ass and he then gets benched by his coach for giving up lazy goals.

Lowell crowd was loud. It was announced that they had a record student attendance at something like 2,300. BC has to draw more students than that.

I could tell those were Lowell players in the stands by the beards and slightly long hair; yes, funny location for them to sit, but opposing players often sit in section V in Conte if it's available.

Is Tubasteak a former band geek? Might have been him behind me.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:58 am

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:

He is one of my least favorite players. He's either going to learn to play hard all the time or he'll get a wakeup call in some shitty minor league town when someone kicks his nonchalant ass and he then gets benched by his coach for giving up lazy goals.

Lowell crowd was loud. It was announced that they had a record student attendance at something like 2,300. BC has to draw more students than that.

I could tell those were Lowell players in the stands by the beards and slightly long hair; yes, funny location for them to sit, but opposing players often sit in section V in Conte if it's available.

I'm surprised it took everyone so long again to come over to my point of view on him. i love the rest of our D, but he should be playing RW
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:22 am

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:Is Tubasteak a former band geek? Might have been him behind me.

yes
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:21 am

how did tubasteak become tubasteak again?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:24 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:how did tubasteak become tubasteak again?

because he likes tube steaks smothered in underwear and he plays the tuba. we combined his two loves...
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:40 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:

I'm surprised it took everyone so long again to come over to my point of view on him. i love the rest of our D, but he should be playing RW

Not sure it really took very long for anyone to come to that conclusion, but you are awesome.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:55 am

Forgive me for going all nospace but looking at the boxscore, how the hell does the bottom 6 generate 1 shot when York constantly runs four lines?
Apparently Sanford has upper body injury.
Also weird that Barone dressed in front of Billet
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BostonCollege1 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:14 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Forgive me for going all nospace but looking at the boxscore, how the hell does the bottom 6 generate 1 shot when York constantly runs four lines?
Apparently Sanford has upper body injury.
Also weird that Barone dressed in front of Billet

Barone got the second period in the exhibtion, with Billet playing the 3rd. Barone looked better,too.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:50 pm

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:Is Tubasteak a former band geek? Might have been him behind me.
Nah I wasn't there unfortunately
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Return to Kelley Rink