Milano Going to Canada Edit: Maybe Not? Edit 2: see ya

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Milano Going to Canada Edit: Maybe Not? Edit 2: see ya

Postby claver2010 on Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:55 pm

I guess where there's smoke there was fire.
@JeffMarek 16m
Also, look for CBJ 1st rounder Sonny Milano to announce he'll forego playing at Boston College in favour of the Plymouth Whalers of the OHL.

Sucks that it's this late.

Very light on F for next year.
Last edited by claver2010 on Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Milano Going to Canada

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:11 pm

WTF, how do you do that a month before school. You are just f@#%ing York and the program.

Let me correct that also, WTF would you play outside of Detroit???
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Re: Milano Going to Canada Edit: Maybe Not?

Postby claver2010 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:03 am

"@coreypronman Milano: I'm going to BC"

WTF
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:16 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:"@coreypronman Milano: I'm going to BC"

WTF

Should I be ecstatic, or cautiously optimistic.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:18 am

Wait till you see him take a shift in the regular season before feeling comfortable at this point.

Hope we get him. I worry that we won't have him for more than a year, which is unusual in the JY era. Typically feel comfortable getting 3 out of even the biggest NHL prospects we have.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:11 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Wait till you see him take a shift in the regular season before feeling comfortable at this point.

Hope we get him. I worry that we won't have him for more than a year, which is unusual in the JY era. Typically feel comfortable getting 3 out of even the biggest NHL prospects we have.

Even first-round draft choices generally need some time to mature. BC got only one year from Brian Leetch, but he was a very special case. If Milano shows up at BC and takes a fresh look at the situation, he may stay a while.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:18 am

I'll believe he's coming to BC when he's suiting up at UMLOL in 2 months.

Some seem to think this noise is simply coming from the OHL, I don't.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:24 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I'll believe he's coming to BC when he's suiting up at UMLOL in 2 months.

Some seem to think this noise is simply coming from the OHL, I don't.

what does nospace think? he usually has his finger on the pulse of this sort of thing

my guess is milano is thinking about the ohl because he's too PROUD to go to college
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:32 am

I that cause he's from long island?

Angry Dick must be thrilled about the way York's recruiting has going of late with all the itals, especially from NY. Cangelosi last year (from FL but still), Milano this year, Bracco next year
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:01 am

Milano seems to be confirming BC pretty loud and clear. Have to think if he was wavering he would not say anything.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:19 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I that cause he's from long island?

Angry Dick must be thrilled about the way York's recruiting has going of late with all the itals, especially from NY. Cangelosi last year (from FL but still), Milano this year, Bracco next year

I'll say it. Damn Italians.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:14 pm

We are going to need some Canadians to drag this collection of greasers across the National Championship finish line, like Kolonos and Kobasew did for Gionta. I hope Jerry can find a few AJHL, BCHL and SJHL kids who don't flame out like his most recent imports.

It is a well-known fact that left to their own devices, Eyeties will always choke.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle216 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:19 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:We are going to need some Canadians to drag this collection of greasers across the National Championship finish line, like Kolonos and Kobasew did for Gionta. I hope Jerry can find a few AJHL, BCHL and SJHL kids who don't flame out like his most recent imports.

It is a well-known fact that left to their own devices, Eyeties will always choke.

Similar to that other well known law of nature - any time an Eyetal is in charge, it will end badly.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:54 am

article on Milano:

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=728113

Milano fully committed, excited to join storied Boston College program
Monday, 08.11.2014 / 7:00 AM / News
By Dan Marrazza - Special to BlueJackets.com

LAKE PLACID, N.Y. -- Making the choice of whether to play collegiate or Canadian junior hockey can be a challenge for many up-and-coming NHL prospects.

Take now-retired NHL star Jeremy Roenick as an example.

When he was an 18-year-old, first-round draft pick of the Chicago Blackhawks in 1988, Roenick initially elected to forego juniors in favor of Boston College. That is, until Roenick showed up for his first day of classes and saw the difficulty of the academic curriculum. The legend goes that when Roenick was handed his first class’ syllabus, he immediately walked out of class, quit school and committed instead to the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.

Roenick has since said that he didn’t even know what 'syllabus' meant.

2014 Blue Jackets first-round draft pick Sonny Milano is not nearly as indecisive as Roenick was 26 years ago, despite recent reports that he was considering reneging on his own commitment to Boston College to join the Ontario Hockey League’s Plymouth Whalers.

“I committed (to Boston College) in November,” confirmed Milano at the United States’ World Junior evaluation camp in Lake Placid, N.Y. to BlueJackets.com earlier this week.

And of the reports that he was considering changing his mind?

“I don’t really know what that was about, to be honest,” said Milano. “It was just a little distraction. I’ve known I was going to BC since last November.”

For Milano, the reason he’s so decisive in his commitment to Boston College is because of the program’s track record at developing NHL players under head coach Jerry York, the winner of two of the last five NCAA championships and college hockey’s all-time winningest coach.

Twenty-six former Eagles – including Cam Atkinson of the Blue Jackets – played in at least one NHL game last season, far and away more than any other school in the nation.

“My top goal is to be a Blue Jacket one day,” says Milano. “I think going to BC is the best way to get there.”

Among Milano’s other reasons for choosing Boston College.

1. Like many recent draftees, Milano is a bit undersized in the weight department. With a typical NCAA season only consisting of 35 games and Canadian junior seasons surpassing 70 games, the NCAA schedule allows player to spend more time in the gym. For someone as naturally skilled as Milano, playing fewer games shouldn’t stunt his development in any way, while the extra gym time should allow his physique to be developed to be on par with his hockey skills.

Milano: “I’m not the biggest guy. It’s one of my weaknesses. I have to gain strength. There’s not too many games on the schedule. There’s a lot of time to train off the ice, which should help me get to the next level.”

2. Committing to college doesn’t necessarily mean that Milano “has to” stay at BC for four years. If his game accelerates quickly enough, he could even be in a Blue Jackets uniform as soon as this coming spring, which is not out of the question considering the strength/size advancements Milano has already made in the last year – he started last season at 5-foot-11, 183 pounds, currently weighs 190 and pictures himself needing to be about 200 pounds to be an everyday NHL player.

Milano: “You want to put on weight, but at the same time, you don’t want to be fat. You want to be stronger and remain fast. I’ve already put on some more weight this summer, so I’m getting there.”

3. He also just really, really likes BC’s campus in suburban Chesnut Hill, Massachusetts.

Milano: “It’s Boston. It’s one of the greatest cities in the world. But, it’s not as much the city; it’s more the campus that I love. The campus is just beautiful. I visited when I was about five – actually, probably 10 years old, when my sister was looking at colleges. I just loved it then. I’ve always wanted to go to BC.”

Milano attended the evaluation camp for Team USA’s 2015 World Junior squad all last week, where he dazzled as one of the U.S.' top forwards by netting 11 points in the team's exhibition schedule.

He reports to school on August 27.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Milano Going to Canada Edit: Maybe Not? Edit 2: see ya

Postby claver2010 on Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:18 pm

Absolutely shocked he's not showing up
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:21 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Absolutely shocked he's not showing up

Ha
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby shockdoct on Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:08 pm

Did OBE really break this news?

To late for convincing miles wood now?
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:49 pm

Gaudreau weighs in:

@johngaudreau03
Talk about making a stupid hockey move!!!! #bchockey @michaelsit18 #SM

The list of success stories of those who have spurned York for Canada isn't too long.

Apparently Wood needs a little work on the :ugeek: side before coming to BC
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby shockdoct on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:07 pm

Isn't he signing with Columbus and this likely headed to the ahl?
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:09 pm

Believe he'll participate in their camp and then probably get sent to Canada. Believe he's talked about need to add weight before pro game

BTW to quote blauds, the commentary on milano goes continues:
@PMullane11
Go to school, get an education, have a blast, win a National Championship and THEN go pro. Has seemed to work out for a few guys lately..
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:00 pm

Kid is a liar, screw him.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:49 pm

Could the recent "eyetal" references here have offended the kid, who would not have understood their facetious character?
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby wolverineneshl on Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:17 pm

Well I guess, it's just Sanford and Tuch. For next year, this frees up scholarship. Any potential names out there ?

Just out of the blue I logged on and just found this out on the other hockey site.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:50 am

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/con ... lains.html

Milano Explains
POSTED AUG 17, 2014 BY AARON PORTZLINE | 0 COMMENTS
Sonny Milano, the Blue Jackets' first-round pick in June, issued the following statement tonight through his agent Rich Evans, explaining his decision to break a committment to Boston College and opt to play for Plymouth of the Ontario Hockey League this season:
---
August 16, 2014
“Since being drafted by the Columbus Blue Jackets at the NHL Draft in Philadelphia on June 27, I have been asked many times about whether I would continue with my plans to attend Boston College, or play junior hockey instead. In an effort to avoid controversy and further questions on the subject, I responded that I was looking forward to attending BC in the Fall. While I have had every intention of playing for Coach (Jerry) York and joining the best college hockey program in the country, since the end of my hockey season at the USNDTP I have been questioning whether going to school was the best situation for me.
"Perhaps I should have acknowledged my growing indecision when asked about my plans, but it was difficult to explain to those who were asking when I did not even know myself what I wanted to do. After a great deal of thought and discussion with my family, I have spoken with Coach York and informed him that I will be playing for the Ontario Hockey League’s Plymouth Whalers this season.
"I think that BC is the best choice for those players who wish to go to school and play hockey. Every player’s path to achieving his goal of playing in the NHL is different, and the best route for some is not necessarily the best route for others. For me, the opportunity to play in the OHL is the right decision.
"If I have disappointed anyone, particularly the great people I have met at BC, it was certainly not my intention to do so, and for that I am sorry. I hope that BC and those involved with its hockey program understand my decision.”
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:46 pm

Hope he never makes it to the show and gets to experience the value of a CHL college stipend. Ducking greaseball. A no good member of a degenerate lying race.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:34 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Hope he never makes it to the show and gets to experience the value of a CHL college stipend. Ducking greaseball. A no good member of a degenerate lying race.

Relax Francis. I was with you until the last sentence. I just hope his dreams are crushed soon, like an injury in game 1 so he can always lament what could have been. F@ck'm.

I wish Probert or McSorely were around to teach this kid some manners.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:40 am

Maybe in practice for the World Juniors this winter Santini can scramble his brain a little.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:59 am

It's not the kid's fault that the system is screwed up. This is what happens when you let Canadians and Euros have a voice. Anyways, go back to hoping that he suffers a horrific injury, puck weirdos.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:15 am

Hey remember when Johnny G backed out of a commitment to a school across town and came to BC instead? Me neither.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:51 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Hey remember when Johnny G backed out of a commitment to a school across town and came to BC instead? Me neither.

Hey remember when Jerry Maguire was working for that big company as a sports agent and he was all "oh, I'm the greatest sports agent" and Troy Aikman said hi to him but Jerry didn't know that Jay Mohr-Cox was stealing his clients so Jerry said "I'm leaving. Who's with me?" but nobody was with him except Renee Sourpuss and her heavy-headed kid so he opened his own agency but he had only one client, Cuba Fitzgerald Jr., who makes Jerry say "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!" and Jerry says "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!" to prove to Cuba that he was 100% committed to him so Jerry spends all of his time concentrating on Cuba while his relationship to Renee falls apart unbeknownst to him because he's trying to figure out why Cuba wants him to become Anquan Boldin or something and finally Renee has had enough and breaks up with Jerry and he finally realizes that he loves Renee and wants to be committed to her rather than be committed to Cuba and Anquan so he flies back to her home where she is meeting with a bunch of lesbians and he says "You had me at hello" and they all cry and Jerry and Renee are committed even though just a few hours before Jerry was committed to Q-Bert?

That's what this situation reminds me of.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Kelley Rink