Off Season Updates

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:00 pm

flyingelvii wrote:We got new jerseys that are more similar to our old ones than the UA ones we had the last couple years. I like them.

is there an angry chicken version?
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20663
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5718

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:35 am

BC ranked #2 in HE preseason poll:

1. Providence (26) 414
2. Boston College (8) 399
3. Boston University (2) 309
4. Northeastern 305
5. Massachusetts-Lowell 267
6. Maine 256
7. (tie) Notre Dame 231
7. (tie) Vermont 231
9. New Hampshire 171
10. Merrimack 97
11. Massachusetts 80
12. Connecticut 48

F Ross Mauermann (Sr., Providence)
F Kevin Roy (Jr., Northeastern)
F Devin Shore (Jr., Maine)
D Ben Hutton (Jr., Maine)
D Michael Matheson (Jr., Boston College)
G Jon Gillies (Jr., Providence)

today's media day so i'm sure there will be more articles coming out over the next couple of days. practice has started as well
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18224
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3090

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:20 pm

I guess time to start this as potentially players could be signing at any time...

next year's roster by class:

SR:
Doherty
Matheson
Jeke
Silk
McMullen

JR:
Calnan
Cangelosi
Demko
Fitz
Gaudreau
Gilmour
McCoshen
Santini
Savage

SO:
Hanifin
Sanford
Tuch

FR:
Birdsall
Bracco
Brown
Couturier
Dudek
Fitz
Shero
White
Wood

And by position (roughly a depth chart...)

F
Tuch
Fitz (older)
Gilmour
Sanford
Calnan
Cangelosi
Gaudreau
Silk (concussion?)
McMullen

FR:
Wood
Bracco
White
Brown
Dudek
Shero


The F FR are tough between projecting how they’ll be as they get older vs. how ready they’ll be when they show up in the summer. Wood, Bracco & White are absolute locks to be in the opening day lineup (assuming Bracco shows, which by all news is he will). Think the other 3 will certainly challenge for PT right away as well.

As for TW’s request of offense, that’s how they project. Wood will be an old FR, should’ve been here this year if everything fell into place and really would’ve helped but looked good at WJC. Bracco will remind you of the BC forwards York has relied on, 5-9, set USTNDP record for assists and is 3rd on the team in points. White is 6th on the team in points and should be a 1st/2nd round pick this fall.

Now they might have $ and room to bring in 1 more, and Keith Tkachuk’s kid, 2nd on the U18 team in points & 2016 draft eligible is the top uncommitted recruit on the board. He decommitted from ND last fall.

D
Hanifin
McCoshen
Santini
Matheson
Doherty
Fitz (younger)
Couturier
Savage
Jeke

G
Demko
Birdsall
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18224
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3090

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:46 pm

I could see Silk not being back, with 2 concussions and the increased awareness on the risks. The fact that he didn't come back this year may be telling.

I'm sure McMullen isn't going to compete for serious minutes.

Other than that, I could see Gaudreau and Cango being pushed out of the lineup by frosh depending on offseason progression etc. I can't really see us losing any of the freshman or sophomore draft picks up front to the pros. None look ready to crack the line up now, so if they did leave it would be something along the lines of Samuelson, say: just doesn't want to do school anymore.

On the D front, I think McCoshen is the most NHL-ready right now. Not sure if Matheson is leaving or not; supposedly likes it here, and though he is the eepstein and twb whipping boy, he had a solid 2nd half this season. Hannifan is the big question mark, IMO. I can't think of a top 5/10 draft pick sitting in college off the top of my head, but if he likes the place, and if the right org drafts him, it may work out.
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9543
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2678

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:51 pm

I see you also slotted the new guys on D ahead of Savage. I thought about mentioning him, but I don't really know how to evaluate him. He didn't have a bad year this year he was just kind of there. Definitely would rank him at the bottom talent wise of our current crew, so I guess its safe to say he'd be the first guy out.

Any thoughts on Doherty wearing the C (or an A if Matheson comes back I guess?). Seems like the kind of guy that ends up with it his senior year.
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9543
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2678

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:11 pm

b0mberMan wrote:I could see Silk not being back, with 2 concussions and the increased awareness on the risks. The fact that he didn't come back this year may be telling.

I'm sure McMullen isn't going to compete for serious minutes.

Other than that, I could see Gaudreau and Cango being pushed out of the lineup by frosh depending on offseason progression etc. I can't really see us losing any of the freshman or sophomore draft picks up front to the pros. None look ready to crack the line up now, so if they did leave it would be something along the lines of Samuelson, say: just doesn't want to do school anymore.

On the D front, I think McCoshen is the most NHL-ready right now. Not sure if Matheson is leaving or not; supposedly likes it here, and though he is the eepstein and twb whipping boy, he had a solid 2nd half this season. Hannifan is the big question mark, IMO. I can't think of a top 5/10 draft pick sitting in college off the top of my head, but if he likes the place, and if the right org drafts him, it may work out.


Anyone who thinks Mike Letang is good as a defenseman needs to have their eyes checked. The only reason you think he improved in the second half is he didn't make as many total moron turnovers or penalties.

If he wants to play RW that would be great, otherwise please leave and go wherever the Panthers AHL team is located. 3 years of him gifting the other team a goal per night (including a solid -6 game this year) has been quite enough.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16371
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -263

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:12 pm

b0mberMan wrote:I see you also slotted the new guys on D ahead of Savage. I thought about mentioning him, but I don't really know how to evaluate him. He didn't have a bad year this year he was just kind of there. Definitely would rank him at the bottom talent wise of our current crew, so I guess its safe to say he'd be the first guy out.

Any thoughts on Doherty wearing the C (or an A if Matheson comes back I guess?). Seems like the kind of guy that ends up with it his senior year.


Savage is solid.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16371
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -263

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:14 pm

Thank you for instructions on how to follow hockey.

On another note, they just announced Doherty as capitan, Mcoshen, Santini and Calnan as alternates so I guess Matheson is definitely leaving.
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9543
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2678

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:56 pm

b0mberMan wrote:Thank you for instructions on how to follow hockey.

On another note, they just announced Doherty as capitan, Mcoshen, Santini and Calnan as alternates so I guess Matheson is definitely leaving.


That will make my hockey watching experience much better this year.

Jackson and Letang leaving in one year? Could be a slow year for me on EO next year
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16371
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -263

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:12 pm

Good call on Doherty. Really think he's gotten the short end from the stick from the staff over the last couple of years (not dressing in favor of Linell last year, moving to F this year despite being probably most consistent dman). Everything I've heard is he's the type of person you want representing the program as well.

By reading tealeaves it'll only be Matheson leaving but we'll see.

Agree on McCoshen but Noah's play from February on was unbelievable for a kid who just turned 18 and at times logged 30/night.

No clue on Savage. He gets shielded by the staff in terms of minutes to the point where at times they were really only cycling the 4 big dmen. Has a big shot but... I think he's battling for PT next year

Interesting +/-, record of pairings / lines

Image

look at 2 of the dmen who are + (or at least not negative) regardless of pairing
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18224
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3090

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby commavegarage on Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:28 pm

i was gonna have an aneurysm if i had to watch another matheson one timer that got blocked and sent out of the zone on the power play or one of his patented drop off passes on a rush to no one in particular

also,

sit - smith - straight...5 games, 0 points, -9. oy vey.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7184
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 732

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby commavegarage on Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:42 pm

matheson -14 on a team that was +16 overall. and he got extended PP minutes.

hanifin +22, who faced just as much PK time as matheson did

i defended matheson for 2 years. this year the criticism was absolutely warranted.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7184
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 732

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:12 pm

commavegarage wrote:matheson -14 on a team that was +16 overall. and he got extended PP minutes.

hanifin +22, who faced just as much PK time as matheson did

i defended matheson for 2 years. this year the criticism was absolutely warranted.

You don't understand what +/- is, outside of being a very shitty stat. Which you don't understand either.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 643

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:27 am

commavegarage wrote:matheson -14 on a team that was +16 overall. and he got extended PP minutes.

hanifin +22, who faced just as much PK time as matheson did

i defended matheson for 2 years. this year the criticism was absolutely warranted.

Meh. I'd say this year he wasn't the problem. But he wasn't a solution, either.

Best of luck to him with Florida.
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9543
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2678

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:28 am

claver2010 wrote:
Agree on McCoshen but Noah's play from February on was unbelievable for a kid who just turned 18 and at times logged 30/night.

Yeah, Hannifan was a monster at the end of the year. Just a great talent.
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9543
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2678

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:51 am

flyingelvii wrote:
commavegarage wrote:matheson -14 on a team that was +16 overall. and he got extended PP minutes.

hanifin +22, who faced just as much PK time as matheson did

i defended matheson for 2 years. this year the criticism was absolutely warranted.

You don't understand what +/- is, outside of being a very shitty stat. Which you don't understand either.


+\- is a dumb stat unless put in some context. Commave is correct though
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16371
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -263

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:21 am

interesting to see some trends in the above

that sanford-fitz-tuch line. yikes. despite putting up 9 points in 7 games, still a -13
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18224
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3090

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby commavegarage on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:36 am

eepstein0 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
commavegarage wrote:matheson -14 on a team that was +16 overall. and he got extended PP minutes.

hanifin +22, who faced just as much PK time as matheson did

i defended matheson for 2 years. this year the criticism was absolutely warranted.

You don't understand what +/- is, outside of being a very shitty stat. Which you don't understand either.


+\- is a dumb stat unless put in some context. Commave is correct though


+/- reinforces what i saw every night.

that said, to chaz's point, of course this year the problems were way bigger than him
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7184
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 732

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:22 am

eepstein0 wrote:
b0mberMan wrote:I could see Silk not being back, with 2 concussions and the increased awareness on the risks. The fact that he didn't come back this year may be telling.

I'm sure McMullen isn't going to compete for serious minutes.

Other than that, I could see Gaudreau and Cango being pushed out of the lineup by frosh depending on offseason progression etc. I can't really see us losing any of the freshman or sophomore draft picks up front to the pros. None look ready to crack the line up now, so if they did leave it would be something along the lines of Samuelson, say: just doesn't want to do school anymore.

On the D front, I think McCoshen is the most NHL-ready right now. Not sure if Matheson is leaving or not; supposedly likes it here, and though he is the eepstein and twb whipping boy, he had a solid 2nd half this season. Hannifan is the big question mark, IMO. I can't think of a top 5/10 draft pick sitting in college off the top of my head, but if he likes the place, and if the right org drafts him, it may work out.


Anyone who thinks Mike Letang is good as a defenseman needs to have their eyes checked. .


Who?
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8136
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 122

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:28 am

eepstein0 wrote:
b0mberMan wrote:I could see Silk not being back, with 2 concussions and the increased awareness on the risks. The fact that he didn't come back this year may be telling.

I'm sure McMullen isn't going to compete for serious minutes.

Other than that, I could see Gaudreau and Cango being pushed out of the lineup by frosh depending on offseason progression etc. I can't really see us losing any of the freshman or sophomore draft picks up front to the pros. None look ready to crack the line up now, so if they did leave it would be something along the lines of Samuelson, say: just doesn't want to do school anymore.

On the D front, I think McCoshen is the most NHL-ready right now. Not sure if Matheson is leaving or not; supposedly likes it here, and though he is the eepstein and twb whipping boy, he had a solid 2nd half this season. Hannifan is the big question mark, IMO. I can't think of a top 5/10 draft pick sitting in college off the top of my head, but if he likes the place, and if the right org drafts him, it may work out.


Anyone who thinks Mike Letang is good as a defenseman needs to have their eyes checked. The only reason you think he improved in the second half is he didn't make as many total moron turnovers or penalties.

If he wants to play RW that would be great, otherwise please leave and go wherever the Panthers AHL team is located. 3 years of him gifting the other team a goal per night (including a solid -6 game this year) has been quite enough.


I'll take my royalty check for "Mike Letang". Thanks in advance.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31065
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2426

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:32 am

flyingelvii wrote:
commavegarage wrote:matheson -14 on a team that was +16 overall. and he got extended PP minutes.

hanifin +22, who faced just as much PK time as matheson did

i defended matheson for 2 years. this year the criticism was absolutely warranted.

You don't understand what +/- is, outside of being a very shitty stat. Which you don't understand either.



This is like someone saying that a 8.67 era blows, followed by you responding that era is a shitty stat that they don't understand. You are right, but there is a point at which it doesn't matter.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31065
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2426

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:10 am

twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
b0mberMan wrote:I could see Silk not being back, with 2 concussions and the increased awareness on the risks. The fact that he didn't come back this year may be telling.

I'm sure McMullen isn't going to compete for serious minutes.

Other than that, I could see Gaudreau and Cango being pushed out of the lineup by frosh depending on offseason progression etc. I can't really see us losing any of the freshman or sophomore draft picks up front to the pros. None look ready to crack the line up now, so if they did leave it would be something along the lines of Samuelson, say: just doesn't want to do school anymore.

On the D front, I think McCoshen is the most NHL-ready right now. Not sure if Matheson is leaving or not; supposedly likes it here, and though he is the eepstein and twb whipping boy, he had a solid 2nd half this season. Hannifan is the big question mark, IMO. I can't think of a top 5/10 draft pick sitting in college off the top of my head, but if he likes the place, and if the right org drafts him, it may work out.


Anyone who thinks Mike Letang is good as a defenseman needs to have their eyes checked. The only reason you think he improved in the second half is he didn't make as many total moron turnovers or penalties.

If he wants to play RW that would be great, otherwise please leave and go wherever the Panthers AHL team is located. 3 years of him gifting the other team a goal per night (including a solid -6 game this year) has been quite enough.


I'll take my royalty check for "Mike Letang". Thanks in advance.


It's in the mail...
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16371
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -263

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:29 am

twballgame9 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
commavegarage wrote:matheson -14 on a team that was +16 overall. and he got extended PP minutes.

hanifin +22, who faced just as much PK time as matheson did

i defended matheson for 2 years. this year the criticism was absolutely warranted.

You don't understand what +/- is, outside of being a very shitty stat. Which you don't understand either.



This is like someone saying that a 8.67 era blows, followed by you responding that era is a shitty stat that they don't understand. You are right, but there is a point at which it doesn't matter.

It's more that he doesn't actually understand the stat, namely how +/- actually works and amasses +'s and -'s. You apparently don't either. It's kinda funny because he makes the argument for one of the major pitfalls of +/- but doesn't realize it because, again, he doesn't understand the stat.

ERA is a decent enough stat for starters, less so for relievers. I prefer more granularity but YMMV.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 643

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:35 am

flyingelvii wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
commavegarage wrote:matheson -14 on a team that was +16 overall. and he got extended PP minutes.

hanifin +22, who faced just as much PK time as matheson did

i defended matheson for 2 years. this year the criticism was absolutely warranted.

You don't understand what +/- is, outside of being a very shitty stat. Which you don't understand either.



This is like someone saying that a 8.67 era blows, followed by you responding that era is a shitty stat that they don't understand. You are right, but there is a point at which it doesn't matter.

It's more that he doesn't actually understand the stat, namely how +/- actually works and amasses +'s and -'s. You apparently don't either. It's kinda funny because he makes the argument for one of the major pitfalls of +/- but doesn't realize it because, again, he doesn't understand the stat.

ERA is a decent enough stat for starters, less so for relievers. I prefer more granularity but YMMV.



If you want to nitpick, the word you are looking for is evidently, although apparently might be more unintentionally accurate.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31065
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2426

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:38 am

PS - I know that PP doesn't count toward +/-. Doesn't change a thing, including your self righteous douchiness.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31065
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2426

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:47 am

twballgame9 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
commavegarage wrote:matheson -14 on a team that was +16 overall. and he got extended PP minutes.

hanifin +22, who faced just as much PK time as matheson did

i defended matheson for 2 years. this year the criticism was absolutely warranted.

You don't understand what +/- is, outside of being a very shitty stat. Which you don't understand either.



This is like someone saying that a 8.67 era blows, followed by you responding that era is a shitty stat that they don't understand. You are right, but there is a point at which it doesn't matter.

It's more that he doesn't actually understand the stat, namely how +/- actually works and amasses +'s and -'s. You apparently don't either. It's kinda funny because he makes the argument for one of the major pitfalls of +/- but doesn't realize it because, again, he doesn't understand the stat.

ERA is a decent enough stat for starters, less so for relievers. I prefer more granularity but YMMV.



If you want to nitpick, the word you are looking for is evidently, although apparently might be more unintentionally accurate.

When your argument is +/-, which I don't have a huge problem with in the college context since I doubt you can get zone starts to give you a context, make sure you actually know what goes into a pretty damn basic stat. His point was basically that Matheson sucked because he had a lower +/- and his supporting argument was retarded drivel. I didn't watch enough to have much of an opinion on Matheson this year (though I tend to think people have too great of expectations of him given his pedigree) but it shouldn't be too much to understand one of the most basic stats in hockey.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 643

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby commavegarage on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:52 am

my argument is that matheson sucked because i watched him suck.

sorry i got your fanboy antennas up for forgetting +/- doesnt include special teams. guess im not a :ugeek: hockey stats fan.

i dont get why hockey and soccer weirdos get so defensive. never have.
Last edited by commavegarage on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7184
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 732

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:53 am

I'm not sure how his mistake undermines his point. Are you suggesting that his presence on the PP makes up for his -14?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31065
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2426

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:00 pm

commavegarage wrote:my argument is that matheson sucked because i watched him suck.

sorry i got your fanboy antennas up for forgetting +/- doesnt include special teams. guess im not a :ugeek: hockey stats fan.

i dont get why hockey and soccer weirdos get so defensive. never have.

I'm not getting defensive. Just calling you retarded for making a pointless argument and failing to understand a rudimentary stat. And your inability to use the shift key.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 643

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:03 pm

I'd note for the record that subtracting out power play goals is very similar to subtracting out unearned runs. Just saying.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31065
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2426

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Untitled document