Off Season Updates

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Off Season Updates

Postby claver2010 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:40 pm

Figured this would be a catch all for updates as they become available:

@bchockeyblog1 35m
Pat Brown has signed with Carolina. Kevin Hayes will NOT sign with Chicago. No word on Matheson yet.

So Kevin will become a FA
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17246
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2990

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby claver2010 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:40 pm

Johnny just scored in his first game
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17246
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2990

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:32 pm

Needs another point or it will ruin his ppg line this year.
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9465
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2667

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:03 am

I know it's tough to take much from a meaningless game 82 but good Lord are the flames bad.

Johnny was Johnny. Seeing the ice in the offensive zone, quick in transition, drawing penalties, & even shook a player behind the net. Got time on the 2nd PP unit.

Nice to see Billy win 56% of his faceoffs. Wish they would put him out a little on the PK, especially after they were down a man for 5 minutes for killing a Sedin

Edit: Saw Billy signed a 2 year deal and with the Flames burning one last night, then he's only got 1 left. Right Elvis?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17246
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2990

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:49 am

Yes. He is an RFA after next season. Can't speak to whether or not he has a legitimate chance of making the team given how bad the Flames are and how meaningless the game last night was.

Gaudreau got a 3 year deal so he'll be under there control for two more seasons.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5097
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 612

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:52 am

And Gaudreau added to the World Hockey Championships roster as well. Get more experience against above-college level competition:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ho ... s/7734481/
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9465
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2667

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:12 am

Matheson still hasn't decided according to the kid.

Him leaving would certainly leave a sizable hole on what needs to be a strength. Also would probably leave them scrambling for another body, as Hanifin is the only one coming in to replace MacLeod. I liked what I saw from Jeke back in 12-13 but would need another body.

If he doesn't leave, 68% of the returning goals come from FR. The incoming FR are going to be relied on again to provide offense.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17246
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2990

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:03 am

But Matheson is teh suck and addition by subtraction.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5097
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 612

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:54 am

Had the season ending banquet last night.

Several awards:
MVP: Gaudreau
Most Improved: Kevin
Most Typifies BC hockey: Arnold & Brown
Academic: Isaac
FR Award: Demko & Santini

York talked about the season and going forward, phrased it as "we have 4 forwards leaving, & 1 coming in. We have 1, well hopefully only 1 defenseman leaving, and 1 coming in".

Matheson was there but who knows.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17246
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2990

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:05 am

So many questions...

(1) Who brought you as their date?
(B) was nospace jealous, even though he hates hockey?
(Iii) What did mrs. Tubasteak look like in person?
Tom Dooder wrote: If [anthony brown's] performance made you nervous, you're a fucking pussy...
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20637
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5690

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby BCEagles66 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:25 pm

claver2010 wrote:Had the season ending banquet last night.

Several awards:
MVP: Gaudreau
Most Improved: Kevin
Most Typifies BC hockey: Arnold & Brown
Academic: Isaac
FR Award: Demko & Santini

York talked about the season and going forward, phrased it as "we have 4 forwards leaving, & 1 coming in. We have 1, well hopefully only 1 defenseman leaving, and 1 coming in".

Matheson was there but who knows.


4 forwards out, 1 in???

Milano, Tuch, Sanford (, Woods?).....am I missing something here?
BCEagles66
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:57 am
Karma: 24

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:38 pm

BCEagles66 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:Had the season ending banquet last night.

Several awards:
MVP: Gaudreau
Most Improved: Kevin
Most Typifies BC hockey: Arnold & Brown
Academic: Isaac
FR Award: Demko & Santini

York talked about the season and going forward, phrased it as "we have 4 forwards leaving, & 1 coming in. We have 1, well hopefully only 1 defenseman leaving, and 1 coming in".

Matheson was there but who knows.


4 forwards out, 1 in???

Milano, Tuch, Sanford (, Woods?).....am I missing something here?


yeah sorry typing quicker than I was thinking. 4 F out 4 F in
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17246
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2990

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:59 pm

serious question was tubasteak at the banquet?
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14723
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2894

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:36 pm

no
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17246
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2990

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:05 am

did you keep a running text-a-louge with nospace to keep him apprised of the activity? i know hockey is his 3rd favorite costco sport
Tom Dooder wrote: If [anthony brown's] performance made you nervous, you're a fucking pussy...
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20637
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5690

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby BCEagles66 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:54 am

claver2010 wrote:
BCEagles66 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:Had the season ending banquet last night.

Several awards:
MVP: Gaudreau
Most Improved: Kevin
Most Typifies BC hockey: Arnold & Brown
Academic: Isaac
FR Award: Demko & Santini

York talked about the season and going forward, phrased it as "we have 4 forwards leaving, & 1 coming in. We have 1, well hopefully only 1 defenseman leaving, and 1 coming in".

Matheson was there but who knows.


4 forwards out, 1 in???

Milano, Tuch, Sanford (, Woods?).....am I missing something here?


yeah sorry typing quicker than I was thinking. 4 F out 4 F in


Ah ok thanks...so that should quell concerns Woods wouldn't come until 2015. Don't see anyone else accelerating unless I missed a recruit.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:57 am
Karma: 24

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:04 am

claver2010 wrote:no


That is shocking. At a minimum, I figured he would be there on BCI's dime.
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14723
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2894

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:13 am

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
claver2010 wrote:no


That is shocking. At a minimum, I figured he would be there on BCI's dime.

i assume the women's team was not there and therefore am not shocked
Tom Dooder wrote: If [anthony brown's] performance made you nervous, you're a fucking pussy...
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20637
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5690

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:12 pm

Matheson coming back. fuck the haters. we've got a lot worse defensemen than him on the roster.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7147
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 736

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:43 pm

Random question but did Matheson play forward growing up and transition to defense? I feel like I may have heard something about that but I'm not sure if I'm confusing him with someone on my men's league team.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5097
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 612

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:58 pm

Don't recall seeing that. Given his skills it wouldn't be shocking.

Not to sound all Pierre but I know BigNick knew about him back when he was at Dubuque so he would know better but he was certainly a dman there.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17246
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2990

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:02 pm

ban tubasteak for life
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14723
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2894

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:27 pm

claver2010 wrote:Don't recall seeing that. Given his skills it wouldn't be shocking.

Not to sound all Pierre but I know BigNick knew about him back when he was at Dubuque so he would know better but he was certainly a dman there.

Yeah my guess, if any, is that he made the transition to D when he was a bantam or his second year of peewees, somewhere around there. IIRC he was always a D at Dubuque, which makes sense given his hype coming into BC.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5097
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 612

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:46 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:ban tubasteak for life

why - did you just find out his wife has a weener and you'll never be able to get over knowing that he has what you always wanted?!?!!?
Tom Dooder wrote: If [anthony brown's] performance made you nervous, you're a fucking pussy...
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20637
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5690

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:59 am

Matheson is officially coming back
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9465
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2667

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:20 am

b0mberMan wrote:Matheson is officially coming back


Do I post my excitement here?

In all seriousness, smart move on his part.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15612
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -304

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:25 am

eepstein0 wrote:
b0mberMan wrote:Matheson is officially coming back


Do I post my excitement here?

In all seriousness, smart move on his part.

He does a lot of things that drive you nuts, but he is talented and experienced and we only have 1 Dman coming in next year. His leaving would've have meant more Linnel, since Jeke can't seem to crack the rotation over him.
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9465
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2667

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:41 am

He's super talented which makes his Letang-like defensive play all the more frustrating.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30082
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2400

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:45 am

twballgame9 wrote:He's super talented which makes his Letang-like defensive play all the more frustrating.


This is my compliant.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15612
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -304

Re: Off Season Updates

Postby commavegarage on Thu May 08, 2014 4:05 pm

Matheson captain :grins:
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7147
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 736

Next

Return to Kelley Rink

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Untitled document