BC vs Union in the 1st Semi

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

BC vs Union in the 1st Semi

Postby wolverineneshl on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:48 am

This would be great to give Union a payback for last year's total meltdown by BC.

I was totally not ready when they just took BC to task in Providence last year.

They need a totally perfect game and some solid goaltending by Demko.

This year BC is obviously a totally different team with more depth and they will be ready this time for Union.

2 more weeks to prepare and hopefully Matheson will not make any mistakes this time.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Re: BC vs Dutchmen in the 1st Semi

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:21 am

wolverineneshl {l Wrote}:This would be great to give Union a payback for last year's total meltdown by BC.

I was totally not ready when they just took BC to task in Providence last year.

They need a totally perfect game and some solid goaltending by Demko.

This year BC is obviously a totally different team with more depth and they will be ready this time for Union.

2 more weeks to prepare and hopefully Matheson will not make any mistakes this time.

Totally
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Re: BC vs Union in the 1st Semi

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:34 am

It's an amazing job by JY to be in a FF with 9 freshman. Union is a very good team and it will take a great effort and a little luck by BC to win.

BC 4-3
GO EAGLES!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:49 am

Was looking into possibly buying tickets. Does anyone know who shoots on which net. Is the higher seed the home team, thus shoot on the end the Flyers would shoot 2X ?

Also, anyone from the Philly area, have you sat in the Club Box seating in the WF Center ? Is it worth it ?
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:59 am

Correct BC will be the home team. I assume that mean's they'll shoot at the net the flyers shoot at 2x/game sect 104-110
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:17 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Was looking into possibly buying tickets. Does anyone know who shoots on which net. Is the higher seed the home team, thus shoot on the end the Flyers would shoot 2X ?

Also, anyone from the Philly area, have you sat in the Club Box seating in the WF Center ? Is it worth it ?

I like the Club Box seats, but for the Flyers the only time I sit there is when my or another Firm is paying. You get a semi-private bathroom, and bar and food service right at your seat. Great if you are trying to impress a client or ladyfriend. I don't know what price differential you are looking at, but if I was just going with some buddies and paying out of pocket and it was a hefty chunk of change to upgrade to the club box I might save my money and spend it on something else. There really are no "bad" seats on the lower level.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:50 am

This Kid eats piece of goo like Tubsteak for breakfast.

http://thebostoncollegehockeyblog.blogspot.com/2014/04/q-and-with-union-hockey-reporter-ken.html

Q and A With Union Hockey Reporter Ken Schott
How much do you know about Union ? Probably not much. How much do I know about Union ? Not much at all but hopefully you will be a little more familiar with Thursday's opponent thanks to my question and answer session with Ken Schott from the Schenectady Gasette. Ken does a tremendous job of covering both Union and RPI for the town's paper. He has been covering sports for over 30 years. You can follow him @slapschotts on Twitter.

Q- It's been a year since Union thumped BC in Providence How is this Union team compared to last years squad ? What are their strengths and weaknesses ?

To me, this year's Union is squad is better than last year. The Dutchmen are more focused this season. They had a big lull midway through last season before snapping out of it in February. This year, after a 5-3 loss to Colgate at Messa Rink dropped the Dutchmen to 3-3-2, an an angry coach Rick Bennett called out several of his players. The next night, they limited Cornell to 11 shots and won, 3-0, Since Bennett's outburst, they are 27-3-2.
The Dutchmen's strength is that they can play any style. You want to play physical? No problem. You want to go up-tempo? They can play that, too. They are excellent in the defensive zone and have quick sticks. The only weakness to me is in faceoffs. They seem to lose more draws than they win.

Q- Is this a team that is heavily dependent on a few top guys or do they have bottom six forwards that can score ?
2) Union has a couple of lines that can score. The line of freshman center Mike Vecchione (12-19-31), left winger Daniel Carr (22-26-48) and right winger Daniel Ciampini (19-17-36) is the Dutchmen's top line. In the East Regional, the line of junior center Max Novak, left winger Matt Hatch and right winger Kevin Sullivan led the way with six goals and six assists. Novak was named the regional's Most Outstanding Player.

The Dutchmen have strong offensive defensemen, left by senior Mat Bodie (6-29-35) and junior Shayne Gostisbehere (8-21-29). Freshman D Jeff Taylor (3-12-15) will be player to watch, too.

Q-Shayne Gostisbehere is one of the top players in college hockey, certainly the top defensemen, what makes him so good and what have some teams done to maybe slow him down a bit ?

3) Gostisbehere's defensive play has improved greatly this season. He has a plus-rating. He doesn't take as many chances as he did in the past. He is also staying away from taking bad penalties. He is very confident in his offensive abilities and always wants the puck. I don't the opposition has figured out a way to stop him. He has skated circles the opposition. Gostisbehere was the ECAC Hockey Co-Player of the Year and won the Co-Defensive Defenseman Award.

Q-The departure of Troy Grosenick last spring seemed like a huge hole to fill this year but Jr Colin Stevens seems to be doing just fine. Has he been the go to guy all year or has their been a lot of flip flopping between goaltenders ?

4) Stevens became the third Union goalie in four years to win the Ken Dryden Award as the ECACH's top goalie. He got hurt in the first game of the season and missed the rest of the October games. He has gotten stronger as the season progressed. He set a team record with six shutouts. He set a team record for saves in a shutout with 49 in a 2-0 win over Yale Feb. 28. He always seems to be in position. Also has a great glove.

Q-Last year, I was extremely impressed with the skating ability that some of Union's defensemen possessed. Obviously everyone knows about Gostisbehere but outside of him, who posses a threat on the blue line

5) As I mentioned above, Bodie is one of the Dutchmen's top defenseman. He has a great shot. Taylor has been paired with Gostisbehere for most of the season, and has done a good job. Junior Charlie Vasaturo is a solid defensive defenseman. Sophomore Sebastien Gingras has shown flashes of good play. Freshman Noah Henry, who was platooning in the first half of the year, has become a regular and played well.

Q-Score ?

6) Prediction: Union 4, BC 2.

Q-Lastly, you're a Philly native, in terms of food/touring what are places that Eagle fans should be sure to visit.

7) I can definitely suggest Pat's Steaks and/or Geno's Steaks, which are across the street from one another at South 9th Street and Passyunk Ave. Two other recommendations are Tony Luke’s, which is underneath I-95 at 39 Oregon Ave., and Jim’s Steaks at the corner of 4th and South streets.And don’t forget to get a genuine Philadelphia soft pretzel. And hoagies. And Tastykakes.
Since I left Philly for York College of Pa. in 1981, a lot has changed in downtown Philly. I'm not sure what the best places are. I'm usually hanging out at places where I grew up in Northeast Philadelphia.

Thanks to Ken for taking the time to answer my questions.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:12 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Was looking into possibly buying tickets. Does anyone know who shoots on which net. Is the higher seed the home team, thus shoot on the end the Flyers would shoot 2X ?

I like the Club Box seats, but for the Flyers the only time I sit there is when my or another Firm is paying. You get a semi-private bathroom, and bar and food service right at your seat. Great if you are trying to impress a client or ladyfriend. I don't know what price differential you are looking at, but if I was just going with some buddies and paying out of pocket and it was a hefty chunk of change to upgrade to the club box I might save my money and spend it on something else. There really are no "bad" seats on the lower level.

Since I am only going Saturday when they make the finals, I figure its worth blowing $250 a ticket to sit downstairs.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:35 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Since I am only going Saturday...

Semi-fan
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:56 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Since I am only going Saturday...

Semi-fan

The Frozen Four Freighter comes in Full and Semi.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:16 am

If BC loses this game, I would be shocked.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:23 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If BC loses this game, I would be shocked.

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:50 pm

Holy shiznit, BCI asked the same reporter questions about Union two days after the Kid's post. Is anyone safe?

BestConceptsfIlched
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:38 pm

you spelled feltched wrong
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Salzano14 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:23 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:This Kid eats piece of goo like Tubsteak for breakfast.

I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:00 pm

Same lines as UML game, there was question as to whether Quinn would be playing. Banged up at the end of Denver game and wore a non contact jersey for much of the week.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:04 pm

Anybody know of any streams? I need to be on my ISP at home to use ESPN3 unfortunately.

Edit: http://www.vipboxus.co/ice-hockey/221059/1/union-(ny)-vs-boston-college---ncaa-frozen-four-championship-sf1-live-stream-online.html
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:15 pm

ESPN tweets early goal, BC up 1-0!
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:16 pm

Gaudreau with the goal after Hayes undressed the Union dman and did all the heavy lifting to get it to the net. Nice finish by Gaudreau in close in the crease.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:46 pm

for those sniffing pre-schooler's panties in japan... 1-0 after 1
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:05 pm

dear hansen - it is now 1-1 3:30 into the 2nd
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:13 pm

Union kicking the crap out of BC this period.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:18 pm

Union 2-1.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:19 pm

North Dakota cheerleaders looking good.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:19 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Union kicking the crap out of BC this period.

And not surprisingly, that was your queue.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:21 pm

Union tossing a tons of shots on net (26). BC only has 14. BC trying to play pretty and they are getting beat physically and on the scoreboard. Demko looks shaky. Lots of bad rebounds. BC getting unglued. Getting chippy. Frustrated with Union not letting them through the neutral zone.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:23 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Union kicking the crap out of BC this period.

And not surprisingly, that was your queue.

Are you debating the veracity of that statement?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:24 pm

BC is playing terrible. 4 on 1, no shot. 3 on 1, no shot. Can't connect on open nets and easy passes, while Union gets the softest goal in history and BC D gives the puck away 50% of the time.

I know they are freshman but they should be better than this by now.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:25 pm

can't score with pretty stick handling and no shots.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:26 pm

Now that was a great pass and shot. Wow, Santini can let it rip
twballgame9
BC Guy

Next

Return to Kelley Rink