Warm Up the Hot Tubs

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Warm Up the Hot Tubs

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:36 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Don't need specific details on where you weird0s are staying but many of the hotels near the city center look booked. Any suggestions?

this is more transparent that "i think we ran out of gas..."
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:46 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Don't need specific details on where you weird0s are staying but many of the hotels near the city center look booked. Any suggestions?

http://www.alexanderinn.com/home.asp

http://unclesupstairsinn.com/

http://theindependenthotel.com/
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby wolverineneshl on Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:28 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Will do for the both of you, FYI there are tickets floating around in various places: stubhub, USCHO has a ticket forum that a lot of people have had success with: http://board.uscho.com/forumdisplay.php ... and-Events

I haven't been to philly in forever, any suggestions on hotels? Ideally close to the arena unless that's in a shitty area

My brother and I are staying at Hampton Inn. He says the rink is not far from it.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:47 pm

wolverineneshl {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Will do for the both of you, FYI there are tickets floating around in various places: stubhub, USCHO has a ticket forum that a lot of people have had success with: http://board.uscho.com/forumdisplay.php ... and-Events

I haven't been to philly in forever, any suggestions on hotels? Ideally close to the arena unless that's in a shitty area

My brother and I are staying at Hampton Inn. He says the rink is not far from it.

There's a Hampton Inn near the airport and one in Center City. You'll be able to take a subway or cab to Wells Fargo if you are in Center City. If you are in the airport one you'll need to drive or take a cab. Either way it should not be more than a 20 min ride.

For what it's worth to others looking for places to stay - the airport hotels will probably have more availibility and be a little cheaper, but they are airport hotels and their location is pretty isolated. There are lots of them though so if you don't mind driving or cabbing it into town they may be a good option if you can't get something in Center City. The airport hotels are only a 20 min. ride from the Wells Fargo Center.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:56 pm

can you get from airport hotels to wfc via pony rides?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:00 pm

Just received this from the Philly BC Club. Not all that helpful:

2014 Frozen Four Info Released
Ticket Info & Pre-Game Party!

The Philadelphia Chapter recommends purchasing tickets directly through the Wells Fargo Center ticket site HERE: http://ev15.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=NCAAIND&linkID=global-wachovia&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

Tickets may be purchased to Thursday's national semifinal games (BC vs. Union and Minnesota vs. North Dakota). Thursday's games are sold as one "session". Games will be held on Thursday, April 10th.

Tickets may also be purchased to all sessions - i.e., both Thursday semifinal games and the National Championship game on Saturday, April 12. Use the discount code
SLAPSHOT to receive a $35 discount on tickets for both sessions. Enter code here: http://ev15.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/EVExecMacro?linkID=global-wachovia&evm=prmo&RSRC=ComTix&RDAT=VenuePage&caller=PR

A very limited number of private Luxury Suite options and individual Club Box tickets are currently available. Please contact Jimmy Dunk (Director of Premium Seating at the Wells Fargo Center) directly at (215) 389-9514 or jdunk@comcast-spectacor.com for more information.

Frozen Four Weekend

Thursday, April 10th
Pre-Game Reception @ 2pm (tentative)
TBD Location, Sports Complex, Philadelphia, PA
BC Philly is working with the Alumni Association to secure a reception space for a few hours prior to the game. Any fans not attending the game will be welcome to stay to watch the game with other BC alumni. Wear your maroon & gold!

National Semifinal Game @ 5pm
Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA
BC vs. Union College (N.Y.)

Saturday, April 12th @ 7:30pm
Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA
National Championship Game: pending a win on Thursday evening, BC will face the winner of the Minnesota vs. North Dakota game. Another pre-game reception will be scheduled on Saturday evening prior to the National Championship game.

QUESTIONS regarding upcoming events?

Social/Sporting Events: Courtney Weinshank '08
Dean Series Event: Barbara Rayll '02
Golf Outing: Greg Clower '81
Meal Packing Initiative: Brian Napoli '02

STAY CONNECTED WITH BC PHILLY
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:00 pm

I just bought my tickets. Not great seats but didn't feel like paying through the nose.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:09 pm

Ugh, the 5 p.m. start time on Thursday is a killer. I don’t think I’m going to be able to make that game due to a work commitment.

At this point I may just buy tix to the championship game. Or is the better play to head down to the game watch near the stadium late Thursday night, and if BC wins see if I can scalp some tix to the championship game from some Union fans, or the fans of the late game’s losing team. Is that realistic?
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:22 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:Ugh, the 5 p.m. start time on Thursday is a killer. I don’t think I’m going to be able to make that game due to a work commitment.

At this point I may just buy tix to the championship game. Or is the better play to head down to the game watch near the stadium late Thursday night, and if BC wins see if I can scalp some tix to the championship game from some Union fans, or the fans of the late game’s losing team. Is that realistic?

Having the same issue, only tix available are upstairs in the corner, so I think I am better off scalping or stubhub/
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:27 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:Ugh, the 5 p.m. start time on Thursday is a killer. I don’t think I’m going to be able to make that game due to a work commitment.

Having the same issue, only tix available are upstairs in the corner, so I think I am better off scalping or stubhub/

You would think prices on the online exchanges would drop Thursday night once the losing teams' fans put their tix up for sale. I'd be interested in hearing from past frozen four attendees about the best ways to get tix.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:28 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

I bought the shitty upstairs corner seats. It was a panic buy!!!!
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:35 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

I bought the shitty upstairs corner seats. It was a panic buy!!!!

I thought that for a second but didnt want to be a dick and say something.

I dont mind spending $200 for my ticket, but I dont want to spend $200 on my wife's ticket. This is where I miss having BC hockey fans as friends.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby shockdoct on Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:47 pm

Any idea if BC is home or away (Union is #1 in rankings, BC was ahead of them in PWR)? Trying to determine where we will shoot twice.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:13 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:Any idea if BC is home or away (Union is #1 in rankings, BC was ahead of them in PWR)? Trying to determine where we will shoot twice.

It's by Pairwise, so BC is home for the first game. If we win it depends on who wins between UM or ND.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:27 pm

Correct we will be the home team Thursday.

I'm not able to make it down till Friday night. I bought the tickets & I'm selling Thursday seats (if anyone here is interested let me know).

Bought group tickets through the Wells Fargo Center, $85/night sect 220 pretty low
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby shockdoct on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:51 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Correct we will be the home team Thursday.

I'm not able to make it down till Friday night. I bought the tickets & I'm selling Thursday seats (if anyone here is interested let me know).

Bought group tickets through the Wells Fargo Center, $85/night sect 220 pretty low

Ended up with 2 seats for both days in 222A for $330.
While I waited it out until the last week in Tampa to score a deal on lower bowl seats, I don't see the current sky high prices on ebay/stubhub dropping that substantially with the rabid fan bases of the two western teams and the close proximity for the eastern teams.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:59 pm

agreed, nodak & minnesota in it forced my hand.

a field like last year + bc tickets would've been dirt cheap
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:21 pm

Realized I'm just not going to be able to get down there Thursday so I went ahead and bought 2 upper-level seats for the championship game. Hopefully I'll see some of you at Xfinity Live beforehand.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:08 am

is that the area around the arena? if so that's the initial plan for Saturday
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:21 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:is that the area around the arena? if so that's the initial plan for Saturday

Yes, it is a massive complex with bars and restaurants a hundred yards or so from the arena. It sits on the old site of the Spectrum.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:22 am

If I miss out on the box I may be getting in on, then I'm just gonna wing it both days with tix...and I feel pretty good about that.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:30 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:If I miss out on the box I may be getting in on, then I'm just gonna wing it both days with tix...and I feel pretty good about that.

Nice, how much is the box.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:52 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:If I miss out on the box I may be getting in on, then I'm just gonna wing it both days with tix...and I feel pretty good about that.

It'll be free if it works out according to my plan.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:56 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Very nice.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:01 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Very nice.

Dirty talk
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:27 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Very nice.

Dirty talk

green is not a good color on fat asianed
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:32 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:For what it's worth to others looking for places to stay - the airport hotels will probably have more availibility and be a little cheaper, but they are airport hotels and their location is pretty isolated. There are lots of them though so if you don't mind driving or cabbing it into town they may be a good option if you can't get something in Center City. The airport hotels are only a 20 min. ride from the Wells Fargo Center.

FYI they look all booked
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:03 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:For what it's worth to others looking for places to stay - the airport hotels will probably have more availibility and be a little cheaper, but they are airport hotels and their location is pretty isolated. There are lots of them though so if you don't mind driving or cabbing it into town they may be a good option if you can't get something in Center City. The airport hotels are only a 20 min. ride from the Wells Fargo Center.

FYI they look all booked

Try Camden. Its just over the river and you can probably find something cheap.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:58 am

Well I have the box seats...but they will not be free. Oh well.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:17 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Well I have the box seats...but they will not be free. Oh well.

Valtrex doesn't pay for itself, ya know.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink