Warm Up the Hot Tubs

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Warm Up the Hot Tubs

Postby shockdoct on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:17 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:I assume beer/drinks are served in the arena for the Frozen Four, can anyone confirm? Of is this one of those NCAA situations where you can only get beer in one of the private boxes or bars separate from the general seating area?

no drinks, ncaa event

It is very difficult to get a beer at an NCAA "sanctioned" event outside of the club seating.
Chronicled in the WSJ this week:
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1 ... 4266119960

I believe they had an outdoor smoking pavilion with beer in Tampa, but it was only open between the 2 semifinal games.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:21 am

correct about the outdoor pavilion, heard they're planning on similar this year but not CONFIRMED
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:25 am

For those attending the afternoon nametag event before the game I will be wearing my BC Sailing Team Hawaiian Shirt from my days on the sailing team in the late 90s. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:24 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:I assume beer/drinks are served in the arena for the Frozen Four, can anyone confirm? Of is this one of those NCAA situations where you can only get beer in one of the private boxes or bars separate from the general seating area?

no drinks, ncaa event

why even bother?
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:37 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

no drinks, ncaa event

why even bother?

Flask of Bourbon and you are GTG.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:37 am

Only 2,000 students. No scholarships. I think only one NHL prospect? And walloping one of the bigguns of college hockey to win its first NCAA championship.

Congrats Union. If it had to be anyone but BC I'm glad it was you.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:06 am

I actual worry sometimes about BC going forward against teams like Union, we have a ton of kids that get drafted and I feel like we are perpetually one of the youngest teams in the NCAA. Next year we lose our entire first line and 3 of the highest scorers in all of Hockey and the Hobey winner, we are replacing them with stellar talent, but they will all be young. There is a huge physical difference developmentally between an 18yo and a 20yo.

If you didnt mention it, I wouldnt know who won the championship, still grumpy about it, and wont watch another game until Nov. I dont even know who they played
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby talon on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:31 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:Only 2,000 students. No scholarships. I think only one NHL prospect? And walloping one of the bigguns of college hockey to win its first NCAA championship.

How much truth is there behind the "no scholarships" stuff? Are the players really paying to play? Or does Union give them generous "financial aid" that's not technically an "athletic scholarship?"
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:13 am

talon {l Wrote}:
Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:Only 2,000 students. No scholarships. I think only one NHL prospect? And walloping one of the bigguns of college hockey to win its first NCAA championship.

How much truth is there behind the "no scholarships" stuff? Are the players really paying to play? Or does Union give them generous "financial aid" that's not technically an "athletic scholarship?"

I guess it's true they don't give out "athletic scholarships" but the idea that all of these kids are paying their own way is a huge farce.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:38 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I actual worry sometimes about BC going forward against teams like Union, we have a ton of kids that get drafted and I feel like we are perpetually one of the youngest teams in the NCAA. Next year we lose our entire first line and 3 of the highest scorers in all of Hockey and the Hobey winner, we are replacing them with stellar talent, but they will all be young. There is a huge physical difference developmentally between an 18yo and a 20yo.

If you didnt mention it, I wouldnt know who won the championship, still grumpy about it, and wont watch another game until Nov. I dont even know who they played

Agreed on the whole, I hate bringing in 20/21 year old FR. Think the excuse of "that's the only way we can compete" is bullshit.

Due to a lot of reasons this team was extremely young, York called it his youngest ever. Not only is this team annually very young age wise (think it's 7 years in a row?) but this year's team was young experience wise as well. Unfortunately the JR/SO year classes had a lot of whiffs in it. Of the top 9 F by the end of the year 5 were FR. The 3 top D were FR, FR, & SO. Then obviously you have the youngest player in college hockey between the pipes.

Next year's team is going to be just as young/even younger with the top recruiting class in the country coming in.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby whalepants on Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:12 pm

Its great to see a school win the NC that isn't just an NHL farm team like Minnesota, Wisconsin, or BC. Second year in a row that a real school has won and NOT a farm team.
whalepants
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:21 pm

still lent
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:04 pm

So which of you guys banged each other in hot tubs this weekend?
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:36 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:So which of you guys banged each other in hot tubs this weekend?

Still trying to figure out why your ass hurts, huh...
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:50 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:So which of you guys banged each other in hot tubs this weekend?

Still trying to figure out why your ass hurts, huh...

It's not easy generating so much power by doing most of the work
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:39 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I ate at some Cuban diner in Philly yesterday. It was awesome. I forget the name

Rosa Blanca?? I actually went there on Friday, hadn't been before. Great food if a bit pretentious.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:38 pm

Is campion still a thing? Too fucking bad.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:20 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:I ate at some Cuban diner in Philly yesterday. It was awesome. I forget the name

Rosa Blanca?? I actually went there on Friday, hadn't been before. Great food if a bit pretentious.

That was it. Good stuff.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:48 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:

That was it. Good stuff.

The grilled octopus was fucking outstanding
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:08 am

whalepants {l Wrote}:Its great to see a school win the NC that isn't just an NHL farm team like Minnesota, Wisconsin, or BC. Second year in a row that a real school has won and NOT a farm team.

I agree, clean it up or drop the sport, BC.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Kelley Rink