Frozen Fenway Ticket Question

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Frozen Fenway Ticket Question

Postby Logitano on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:15 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Did anyone watching the NESN feed catch TC in the 3rd period on a powerplay? Linnel brought the puck up and TC narrated it with "again, Jerry York likes to put his forwards on the blue line during power plays." I chuckled.

I also realized that he could've been cycling onto the 4th line in the absence of Sit, but hadn't noticed it at that point.

Our power play has just been awful this entire season. 0 for 9 Saturday night is not acceptable. Rumors are the hc of sUeConn was the power play guru and we are stuck with this crap because Jerry and Brown suck at coaching the power play. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Re: Frozen Fenway Ticket Question

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:39 pm

Correct Cavanaugh was the one who ran the special teams, interestingly enough UConn is up to 12th in the country at 22%

The powerplay has been an issue for a while. IMO it's a similar issue to having the 1 big line, the 2 units are way too heavily weighted towards the first unit (Hayes-Gaudreau-Arnold-McCoshen-Matheson) and the 2nd unit is essentially out there waiting as the 1st rests. McCoshen & Matheson, both as left handed shots who can carry the puck and launch bombs from the point are duplicative.

Though I think I did see Gilmour up on the point for one of the units.

Pretty crazy that a team who is the highest scoring team in the nation (by 12% over Minnesota in 2nd), has one of the worst powerplays (45 of 57 at 15%)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Previous