Frozen Fenway Ticket Question

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Frozen Fenway Ticket Question

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:08 pm

I just bought tickets on stubhub for the fenway games on the 4th. Got 4 tix in the State Street Home Plate Pavillion Club 3 (right behind "home plate") for $90 a piece.

Does anyone know what these seats entail ? Club access ? Food options ? The seats alone are worth the money for hockey (and i think they're covered in event of snow) but is there any extra amenities with these tix ? Would they close any kind of club access/facilities for a hockey event ? Has anyone sat here for baseball and/or hockey and have any insight ?
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Re: Frozen Fenway Ticket Question

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:15 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:I just bought tickets on stubhub for the fenway games on the 4th. Got 4 tix in the State Street Home Plate Pavillion Club 3 (right behind "home plate") for $90 a piece.

Does anyone know what these seats entail ? Club access ? Food options ? The seats alone are worth the money for hockey (and i think they're covered in event of snow) but is there any extra amenities with these tix ? Would they close any kind of club access/facilities for a hockey event ? Has anyone sat here for baseball and/or hockey and have any insight ?

I can tell you what they entail for Red Sox games - I have sat there many times. They are to the right and the left of the old glassed in section behind the plate (which now no longer has glass) which is now the EMC Club and Home Plate Pavillion Club. State Street Pavillion are fantastic seats, but my belief is that the only special amenity is an in-seat waiter. The seats are not covered unless you are all the way up top.

"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:I just bought tickets on stubhub for the fenway games on the 4th. Got 4 tix in the State Street Home Plate Pavillion Club 3 (right behind "home plate") for $90 a piece.

I can tell you what they entail for Red Sox games - I have sat there many times. They are to the right and the left of the old glassed in section behind the plate (which now no longer has glass) which is now the EMC Club and Home Plate Pavillion Club. State Street Pavillion are fantastic seats, but my belief is that the only special amenity is an in-seat waiter. The seats are not covered unless you are all the way up top.

So the seats I got were section 3, which appear to be right behind home plate. Ive been to fenway once for the first hockey event so am not familiar with it, but from pictures it appears their may be a press box over the seats (but not entirely clear). Thx for the info
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:19 pm

State Street Pavillion 3 is not right behind home. It is the second section from the right up top in that picture. EMC club is behind home
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:21 pm

The aqua green color above the private suites is SS Pavillion
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:State Street Pavillion 3 is not right behind home. It is the second section from the right up top in that picture. EMC club is behind home

My fault i dont think i explained the seats properly, the shaded portion in the photo below are the ones I bought. Its labeled as the "Home Plate Pavillion Club".

BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:34 pm

Those are nice seats. There is an indoor area with several bars, I believe. That is the indoor area behind home under the press box - though the seats are outdoors.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:37 pm

Middle top under the press box
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:39 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Those are nice seats. There is an indoor area with several bars, I believe. That is the indoor area behind home under the press box - though the seats are outdoors.

Thats what i figured, however, do you think that it would be normal operations for a non-baseball event or would they keep that shut down ? Like I said, the seats alone for hockey are worth the $90-$100 bucks for 2 games, but if they open up anything behind the seats that would be an added bonus. I called fenway and got stuck with what sounded like an intern who had no clue what i was talking about and stubhub was no help either
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:48 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Those are nice seats. There is an indoor area with several bars, I believe. That is the indoor area behind home under the press box - though the seats are outdoors.

Thats what i figured, however, do you think that it would be normal operations for a non-baseball event or would they keep that shut down ? Like I said, the seats alone for hockey are worth the $90-$100 bucks for 2 games, but if they open up anything behind the seats that would be an added bonus. I called fenway and got stuck with what sounded like an intern who had no clue what i was talking about and stubhub was no help either

They use the indoor area for special events like weddings and banquets during the offseason, so it may be open.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:55 pm

Those are the seats I sat at for the Northeastern Fenway game a couple of years ago. It is 110% the way to go. During intermission you can run inside, drink in the warmth and watch the NFL playoffs.

Smart choice.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:59 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Those are the seats I sat at for the Northeastern Fenway game a couple of years ago. It is 110% the way to go. During intermission you can run inside, drink in the warmth and watch the NFL playoffs.

Smart choice.

Or you can be in a box in the warmth with free everything like me. I'm so cool and will be mentioning this repeatedly even after the games have been played.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:03 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Smart choice.

Or you can be in a box in the warmth with free everything like me. I'm so cool and will be mentioning this repeatedly even after the games have been played.

cool story. we WON'T be seeing you in arlington
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:31 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Smart choice.

cool story. we WON'T be seeing you in arlington

I know.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:59 am

With the disappointing performance this morning in the WJC, the US is eliminated.

Chance Santini, McCoshen, & Demko make it back for Saturday night?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:07 pm

Given the fact Logan is closed until tomorrow afternoon, probably not too good.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby BC96 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:19 pm

IS ND in town yet? What are the chances the game gets cancelled?
BC96
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:02 pm

Probably pretty slim. So long as they get in by tomorrow morning at the latest they'll be fine.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:52 am

ND flew in yesterday

here are the jerseys they're wearing today

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:11 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:ND flew in yesterday

here are the jerseys they're wearing today

Sweet! I can't wait for the debates over slanty/non-slanty letters, names on the back, and, my favorite for hockey, thickness of stripes. Uniform weirdos.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:03 pm

Is this game gonna get canceled?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:43 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Is this game gonna get canceled?

2-2 in second period. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:16 am

BC won tonight but I guess everyone is busy bitching about the basketball team. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:23 am

Johnny Hockey's stick work is just amazing and Billet is turning out to be pretty decent. The ability of us to score shorthanded goals to me is a harbinger of a good run deep in the NCAAs.
Two things miffed me though -- that the sign on the Green Monster saying ND vs BC was a ND blue background and that people pretend there is some sort of hockey tradition at ND. I think by a mile their high point is losing to BC in the Nat'l Championship, right? Also, the gold in the paint of their jerseys and helmets is kind of excessive. At what point does someone think of the good works the cost of that gold can be doing? It also reminds me of Goldschlager.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:26 am

ND Nation bitching about the refs. Yah, well... Welcome to Hockey East. The refs suck.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:00 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Johnny Hockey's stick work is just amazing and Billet is turning out to be pretty decent. The ability of us to score shorthanded goals to me is a harbinger of a good run deep in the NCAAs.
Two things miffed me though -- that the sign on the Green Monster saying ND vs BC was a ND blue background and that people pretend there is some sort of hockey tradition at ND.

This was a HE conference game, and I believe Notre Dame was officially the home team (the second BC-ND game is at Kelley), so that may account for the ND background on the sign.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:25 pm

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Johnny Hockey's stick work is just amazing and Billet is turning out to be pretty decent. The ability of us to score shorthanded goals to me is a harbinger of a good run deep in the NCAAs.
Two things miffed me though -- that the sign on the Green Monster saying ND vs BC was a ND blue background and that people pretend there is some sort of hockey tradition at ND.

This was a HE conference game, and I believe Notre Dame was officially the home team (the second BC-ND game is at Kelley), so that may account for the ND background on the sign.

Nope. We were home. HE is doing 2 home and 2 away for notre dame games instead of home and away for travel purposes. So next year we play two I south bend.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:18 pm

ND's unis, apart from the helmet, were a cheap rip off of Michigan. The refs were horrendous. The crowd was pretty lame. This Fenway thing has jumped the shark. Merrimack fans were flooding out as I arrived (end of Their first) and were bitching about the cold (this was the warmest of the 3 events).

Loved all the ND fans in their football jerseyswhocould notname a single player on "their" team. Probably from Methuen or Walpole.

The two ten minute segments in the the third were dumb. Just say you 're going to take an extended break at the first stoppage after 10 min.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:58 am

This Fenway game is so played out, just look at the attendance (butts in seats not reported) over the years. Hopefully that's the last of it for a while.

Maybe ND is realizing they aren't in the CCHA anymore huh? 3-5-1 and comfortably in 8th place.

Maybe I'm alone in this one, but I'd break up the big line. Too many eggs in 1 basket and I'd like to use Gaudreau and Hayes to try to get some people going (specifically Cangelosi). Fitzgerald playing more in the middle has certainly opened up a lot of options.

Kevin Hayes is playing better than I could have every imagined.

WTF did Doherty do not to be in the lineup every single night?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:44 am

Did anyone watching the NESN feed catch TC in the 3rd period on a powerplay? Linnel brought the puck up and TC narrated it with "again, Jerry York likes to put his forwards on the blue line during power plays." I chuckled.

I also realized that he could've been cycling onto the 4th line in the absence of Sit, but hadn't noticed it at that point.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Next

Return to Kelley Rink